It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London riots spreading to Birmingham, Leeds

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
I'm not saying these riots are justified, because they never are.

Riots are never justified?

I guess freedom is never justified either? How do you think your freedoms were paid for? It wasn't by sitting behind a computer screen.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
U.S. media is showing it.Not showing alot of it though like they did with Egypt.Showing tidbits of it.I think the U.S. rioting may be next sadly because this movement has done nothing but spread.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

What I said is exactly how it is and nothing has changed that much. All the things you mentioned are still available today. Things are only slightly worse and there are still plenty of jobs available. But you're missing the point. Some of the youth today don't give a damn about anything, they just want to lie back and have everything fall into their laps. They are not willing to work, or even educate themselves by going to college, they just want an easy & free life, with all the material possessions that the rich & famous have in abundance. Basically they live in cuckoo land and they are this way because they are brainwashed by the media and by what they see on TV. I have a nephew who thinks along similar lines and he thinks he's going to be a rich movie star and all he has to do is hop on a plane to America.
Unfortunately his mother won't pay for the plane ticket and he isn't willing to get a job to pay for it either.
Go figure!

There is just no excuse for these rioters behaviour. Some people have a conscience and some people don't and it would make no difference if these rioters were rich or poor, they would still behave in the same manner.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

riots are not racialy motivated....nothing to see here, just move along....

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
It's all going to kick off in Northampton, UK, tonight, evidently!

Oh dear!!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Just noticed this very strange event on a facebook with link. Anyone know anything?

eventful.com...@2011080300?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=events&SREF=FBEvent

Tonight is unfortunatly going to get very very messy and I hope this wont spread into Europe.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

So true! They no doubt think they are untouchable. How times have changed. Every time I got caught swearing as a teenager, my dad would belt me hard with the buckle end of his belt across my backside. My cousins had it worse, their mother used to bray them with a poker. Hurts just thinking about it.
Times have certainly changed.
Bring back discipline at school and at home.
edit on 9-8-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
It's all going to kick off in Northampton, UK, tonight, evidently!

Oh dear!!

How did you find that out? I have family in that area.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Sorry, but you're wrong. Things aren't basically the same. Sure, pretty much anyone can get a job, trouble is, it may be a fast food joint, it will be minimum wage. There is no way in hell that you can clothe, feed and house yourself on minimum wage.

And while there are a lot of fighters in this thread, I'd guess that they had a fairly decent home life.

Combine poverty, lack of hope and a destructive home environment and you have someone who ceases to function.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I beg to differ. Currently I'm not even on minimum wage because I'm unemployed and my life has been no bed of roses, but you don't see me looting and rioting or beating up old women etc, but then I have a conscience. Stop making excuses for these thugs. There are plenty of people with sob stories and they are not the ones rioting and stealing either. Most of these thugs are not poor, most have more bling on them than Mr T. Wish I could afford a blackberry phone.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Absolutly!

If i couldn't control my children, (I have twin boys the same age as these animals, and live less than 5 miles from Birmingham city center) and had failed to raise them with respect for the lives, property and rights of others, then I don't deserve to call myself a parent and have nobody to blame but myself if I get a knock on the door in the early hours telling me they've been hospitalized, or killed while partaking in this kind of violent action.

To draw a parallel from a recent documentary about Lemurs shown on TV last week.

Mommy Lemur was unable to control her young off spring, (first child) It ran riot, wouldn't come when she called it. Eventually it fell from a branch, breaking its back and died . (sad)
Mommy lemur was very upset, tried to get it to cling to her when the troop moved on, walked away, then stopped and began calling to it. It was dead.
Fast forward, mommy lemur has a new child. She keeps this one very close. Disciplines it when it misbehaves and makes sure she always knows where it is and is never very far from it, keeping a watchful eye!

I am aware that this has been filmed to suggest that mommy lemur learned from her mistakes and that this is unlikely. In reality, mommy lemur was just more mature and better able to look after her offspring.

But the message is valid.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGooner

Word on the street, saw 2 Police riot vans charging into town earlier too. Will post if anything kicks off!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
When I went out today I saw a few officers walking around, and in my local shopping area all the shops are closing early,and there's quite alot of officers around there now, the rioters have already done all the areas near here so I would not be surprised if where I live is done next. I also saw officers talking to local shop owners probably advising them to close early, I even saw them talking to the builders that are doing work near mine.

Since this started I have not commented on any threads regarding this, its hard to put into words how disgusting this situation has become, my heart goes out to everybody affected by this people losing their homes and their business its terrible, I just hope this stops soon but I have got a feeling it will get worse.

To everyone in London and other parts of the UK stay safe I hope this stops soon.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
I find watching the news isn't as distressing when you play this song in the background.

Get out the water cannons, plastic bullets, and X-rep tasers. Surely this is why they buy this stuff?

As mentioned earlier no revolution here, just scum. Take screen shots from the CCTV down to the local jobcentre in the following days to identify the culprits.

BLR

Quality .....

It made me smile................ and remember the good ole days in the 80's....when life was simplier and morals higher ???

On a separate note........... i have been away and just got back and spoken with my retired neighbours down the lane......They are Buzzing with the fact that they saw a UFO, repeatedly on Last Thursday, Friday and LAST night over Belper / Wirksworth area in Derbyshire........ Two lights, one bright white...the other eminating colours, blue, green & red..........there was also a buzzing heard by others during the day...

Shall be out tonight watching ..

cheers

PDUK

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Riots are starting in Salford now. will update asap with info this is from a trusted friend.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Massive police presence in the Stoke area.
But then that's nothing afresh - Probably just student night.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Reports coming in The IPCC, the individual who was killed, there is no evidence this individual opened fire on Police Officers. Breaking news on sky right now. I repeat there is no evidence Mark Duggan, fire on the Police.
edit on 9-8-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

t made me smile................ and remember the good ole days in the 80's....when life was simplier and morals higher ???

There were plenty of riots in the 80's mate and it was the 80's that first saw the rise of consumerism and materialism, which I know we both agree play a part in these riots.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
A new fresh thread has been created just purely for updates, no opinions, so it can be kept to a minimal and easy for people to find information on their surrounding areas.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Reports in the Tamworth area.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watts

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
It's just blacks/asians looking for a fight and a new phone (and a few whites) but majority are foreign, these are not English riots. Multi-cultralism at it's finest ladies and gents.

^And racism at its stealthiest.

Ohhhhhh Yeahhhh, I forgot that only White people can be Racist as we are beaten senseless, and watch our Cities being destroyed by Immigrants.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join