It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 Global Stock Market Collapse Watch

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Looking at this it's good it closed when it did.

www.sgxniftydowfutureslive.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The Stock Market goes down Gold and Silver go up ...natural right ?

Gold has gone through the roof...

...yet today we see Silver going against human instincts and going down to 38, when clearly it should be 45 nudging 50.!

What's up with that picture ???

Cosmic...
edit on 8-8-2011 by Cosmic4life because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2011 by Cosmic4life because: Who's controlling the Silver market then eh ???? hmmmm.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by adifferentbreed

tomorrow has the potential to be far worse. the folks, like my mother in law, who don't watch the news during the day and don't listen to the radio, will come home and see the news, panic and sell their funds to ensure they have retirement money, nest eggs, etc. once those folks start selling, we could, easily, see a 1000 point drop.

What are the odds that you are completely wrong?

Are you taking any bets?

Come on, give us a shred of hope here.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
But....but....Obama said everything was OK and the US is still an AAA country

The numbers must be wrong

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kcoyote

Yip, Here's a link for people to see. B of A got hammered badly today. And AIG sues BofA. Not looking good at B of A

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

I don't disagree, I just know they are going to pull the QE3 and stop the decline. Lets face it they wont let it go to hell before the election, they could but I would put that in the realm of 10% possibility.

link   
Ba ba ba baby.....you aint seen nothin yet.
Bachman Turner Overdrive

Right now you got the retirees looking at their 401k's and still clutching to hope. Saying to themselves "It cant continue to go down can it?". After the crash of '08, they won't take too much more of this. Things are going to get interesting if it continues tomorrow. If droves of people start moving their investments to safer havens, the stock market could really be in trouble. It could provide a little pop in the currency but at the cost of main street. I wonder where auto executes orders are placed and if a gap down tomorrow could send this thing in a spiral?

link   
Could Bank of America be this year's Lehman bros?

When Lehman brothers collapsed in 2008 it just had a domino effect and everything went downhill from there, could Bank of America be that this time around?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
The Stock Market goes down Gold and Silver go up ...natural right ?

...yet today we see Silver going against human instincts and going down to 38, when clearly it should 45 nudging 50.!

What's up with that picture ???

Cosmic...

Baby gets thrown out with the bathwater when markets tank.

My crystal ball prediction for Asian markets tomorrow:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ae9de0ec949a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I'm not right that often but the last week has been an odd one for me. I had a meeting with a client who recently came into some money and he was asking what to do wtih it. this was Wednesday. His email on thursday read "WOW, you were really right about the market."

I had told him we were due for a big drop. I didn't know it would be the next day.

yesterday, after seeing a few reports about the futures numbers, the overseas issues etc, I warned my dad about today being horrible. Of course, today's drop wasn't that hard to predict. The amount was.

I really wish I had optimism here but I don't and haven't for a while. I think our government has finally managed to show the world how inadequate they are and the fears that have been simmering in our society are finally boiling over. here and abroad.

reply to post by adifferentbreed

keep your eyes on that number. that'll give you insight into where the market will open.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelloJCneedsomehelp
reply to post by majesticgent

I Told back on my first posts on ats this would happen. None read it

If its any consolation, I skimmed it

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

as I said earlier, there's no rhyme or reason to the markets anymore.

link   

Originally posted by kcoyote
BANK OF AMERICA DOWN 18%. If I had my money in that bank, I'd be getting it out right now!

Or shorting the stock XD

reply to post by Crakeur

Well, margin calls come in at 3:30, and if you notice, the sell-off picked up around that time. It's sort of like a self-perpetuating cycle to the downside.
edit on 8-8-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

link   
If Asia plummets in a few hours. When will it be the appropriate time to request a mod change the title to "2011 Global Stock Market Collapse Warning!!!"?

Something along the lines of:

The Watch that was issued for the Global Stock Markets has been changed to a Warning for a 2008 like crash like or worse. We're not trying to instill fear, or fear-monger but are simply abreast of the situation and see no other alternative. If the conditions become favorable enough the Warning will be downgraded back to a Watch until the markets stabilize...

Source: an example of what should be said if things get any worse.
edit on 8-8-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

We must be on the same wavelength. Last Wed. I loaded up on DIA puts and GLD calls.
I certainly am not proud of the fact that I realized a gain with all the others who are watching this and getting depressed but It had to happen.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Zippidee

well done. sadly, I didn't act on it but my client has been thanking me for advising him to avoid the market.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
So, does anyone think it's going to get alot worst? Does anything thing the economy is gonna go further down the toilet of depression?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I really wish I had optimism here but I don't and haven't for a while. I think our government has finally managed to show the world how inadequate they are and the fears that have been simmering in our society are finally boiling over. here and abroad.

That is a sad, and revealing commentary on the state of things here, because if that is true, and it all had to come to this to expose the complete 'inadequacies' of our elected government, then what does that tell us about how truly uninformed and apathetic the majority of the population are?

Thanks for the honesty and realism, over politically motivated false optimism, nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
QE3? Where you at? The pressure is mounting. Obama is watching his reelection hopes disappear. I thought it would be at least September or October before QE3, but maybe it will be sooner.

I am already making my shopping list. If the markets keep dropping then the buys will get better. Those mining stocks are looking tasty, and so are a bunch of others.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join