It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 Global Stock Market Collapse Watch

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Some massive losses overnight (Australian Eastern Standard Time) in the US markets!
This comes on the back of huge losses last week, so there's some serious losing happening now.

Now to New Zealand where today again, so far, shares have tumbled 2.9 per cent.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial
reply to post by JakiusFogg

I don't disagree, I just know they are going to pull the QE3 and stop the decline. Lets face it they wont let it go to hell before the election, they could but I would put that in the realm of 10% possibility.

Ahhh, but if we were to find ourselves in a financial 'state of emergency' would not the president wrest power from congress giving him dictatorial powers during a globally catastrophic event? QE3 will be futile as they cannot lower interest rates below zero (where they're at now). I can't say for sure that the whole financial event is on purpose, but I tend to speculate that it will have a potential of suspending congessional power. Remember all those presidential executive orders that have been signed giving the prezzie the ultimate power after ANY suspected global event?

Back to the OP, I noticed most everything around the planet dropped from 2-10% marketwise. The interesting part is.... it's only Monday.....

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist
Some massive losses overnight (Australian Eastern Standard Time) in the US markets!
This comes on the back of huge losses last week, so there's some serious losing happening now.

And so it begins. Let's see if the other stocks open up the same way. At least New Zealand's is showing signs of an upward trend and not spiraling downwards for now.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaTime
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Back to the OP, I noticed most everything around the planet dropped from 2-10% marketwise. The interesting part is.... it's only Monday.....

Optimistically - the low prices and measures to boost investor confidence will let people buy while low and start a rally towards Friday

Realistically - I can see it going down some more, and if nothing changes Friday could be a bad day.

Pessimistically - Everything bottoms out and mass panic ensues. Fill in the rest.
edit on 8-8-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yeah any market that opens overnight will be down huge. It will pretty much mirror the losses in the US market today. Today is about what I thought would happen, I was thinking around 300 pts on the Dow, a little suprised by 634 but still not all that worried. I dont necessarily expect this to sustain itself like the collapse in 2008. I think this was fairly expected. Just people getting out holding cash. Probably buying gold! ugh. Get ready for gold to callapse soon too. Always does. Not alot of panic compared to 2008 and not nearly as sudden and turbulant. But if we have another big down day tomorow I will start to get worried. But we have a lot more to lose this time if we do sustain the losses into a full blown collapse. In 2008 we had enough breathing toom for one tough punch but if this turns into a haymaker we might be down for the count. The best thing we can do is jsut let it run its course. Thigns are fairly stable though. There is nothing really unexpected happening. Its not like we all didint know here in the US we have a ton of debt! Just becasue S&P make it official that we have too much debt isnt really reason for a collapse.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This thread is a terrible Star-Stickler for me. I have received no love despite seeing others get multiple stars for random comments...No love for me only for one liners and preferred customers...My post to star ratio aside I am saying...

Hang Seng will drop 6+%
Nikkei will drop 6+%

Europe will open in the night and...

FTSE will drop 6+%
DAX will drop 6+%

FTSE Futures: -398.50 -8.18%
DAX Futures: -604 -10.04%
NIKKEI Futures: -163 -2%
Hang Seng Futures: -353

www.bloomberg.com...
www.marketwatch.com...
www.sgxniftydowfutureslive.com...

That's what I am thinking. That and I get no love

edit on 8-8-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Three weeks ago the economy was merely experiencing a Soft Patch. Remember when every mainstream financial commentator began using that term on the very same day, at the very same time, on each and every cable business channel ? They incessantly hammered the message home until our attention was gradually diverted towards the debt limit "crises". Such is the power of the meme-managers to provide short-term cover while they, and their connected insiders quietly dump stock positions on the unsuspecting bag-holder.

There ought to be a law.

GL

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 12345lonestar

I suggest some further reading:

Second US Recession Could Be Worse Than First

If the economy falls back into recession, as many economists are now warning, the bloodletting could be a lot more painful than the last time around.

Given the tumult of the Great Recession, this may be hard to believe. But the economy is much weaker than it was at the outset of the last recession in December 2007, with most major measures of economic health — including jobs, incomes, output and industrial production — worse today than they were back then. And growth has been so weak that almost no ground has been recouped, even though a recovery technically started in June 2009.

“It would be disastrous if we entered into a recession at this stage, given that we haven’t yet made up for the last recession,” said Conrad DeQuadros, senior economist at RDQ Economics.

When the last downturn hit, the credit bubble left Americans with lots of fat to cut, but a new one would force families to cut from the bone. Making things worse, policy makers used most of the economic tools at their disposal to combat the last recession, and have few options available.

It's the underlying fundamentals that are in worse condition this time round, including much higher sovereign debts, make managing this new crisis a whole lot tougher!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

I saved all my family members who listened, just like I called 2008 and saved them then. I am not all knowing nor am I right all the time but some things just are plane obvious and call upon common sense to solve. Shills on TV do not speak common sense.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

nothing unexpected has happened yet indeed...

That is what is missing...

Thats how the next chapter starts...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Asia futures are not looking good at the moment.

www.marketwatch.com...

LOS ANGELES (MarketWatch) -- Japanese Nikkei Stock Average lead futures traded 4.4% lower on Singapore's SGX, as Asian equities looked set Tuesday to follow their U.S. peers to deep losses.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Haha right! I am sure something is in the works. And some people will get very rich off of it who have the inside knowledge. But cant be held accountable because it will be "unexpected"

This does seems a bit set up so far. A lot of bad decisions and bad timing. There aren't a lot of coincidences in the stock market.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Looks like the market rout will continue.

Indices closed at the low of the day.

Market internals are seriously damaged, about a third of stocks closed at a new low. The market as a whole was down 7% (Wilshire 5000), small caps were down 9% (Russell 2000). Banks were down 11%.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Nikkei just opened down -3% and is trending downwards. No surprise there. How low will she go?

Japan - Nikkei

ETA: Australia opens down 2% and trending downwards. Dejavu

Australia - All Ordinaries

South Korea - KOSPI
Almost down 5%
edit on 8-8-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

e.nikkei.com...

The Yen is very strong, which is bad for Japanese exports.

I guess the Nikkei will test the March low.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

nah,,

I was thinking more along the lines of some form of attack....

That would cripple the market.. Or unite a war....

I dunno I cannot predict the future...

I am willing to bet something unexpected is going to happen as soon as this week..

Allot of energy in the air....

I had this feeling before the catastrophe in Japan, as well..

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Generally Australian shares appear to be falling harder today, than yesterday. The Commonwealth Bank of Australia has just announced an interest rate cut on its fixed home loans. Speculation now that the Reserve Bank of Australia may cut the official rates – which are currently the highest in the developed world at 4.75 per cent. Would be about bl@@dy time!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

i felt last week like we were about to "change gears" again soon. not sure if it'll be some "natural" disaster, economic collapse, military action/war or what...but it is about time for something big. possibly bigger than japan. not sure what....or where....but i say 2 weeks, tops. but i think in a week or less, too.

woke up today and didn't feel sluggish or foggy. wasn't tired all day. felt good....ahhhh...the calm before the storm...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I manage my mother's 401K for her. It's Prudential, and if we had followed their diversification recommendations based on when she wants to retire and their assessment that we were conservative investors, she would have almost nothing right now. Instead when the market took a crap in 2008, we started putting most of it into gold and a stable value fund. That actually grew more than the recommendations they made to us and now she is looking reasonably good for retirement if she factors in Social Security too.

At this point we're actually considering just taking some cash and buying I bonds and T bills or something to augment her retirement a bit. She's on Section 8 so she can't do a lot of investing external to her 401K without them raising the hell out of her rent should she be successful at it. HUD says, "Oh, you're poor? Well, lets make sure you stay that way then!"
(Not that we don't appreciate the existence of HUD. It has saved our ass many times.)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist

Can't say I'm surprised. It's like a downward spiral

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join