It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 Global Stock Market Collapse Watch

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The price fixing in the Silver market today seriously needs to be investigated, talk about obvious to the whole world.

Who's doing this, the US Treasury or J P Morgan et al ???

Daylight robbery of Silver investors potential??? profits.

Cosmic...
edit on 8-8-2011 by Cosmic4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by Cosmic4life

as I said earlier, there's no rhyme or reason to the markets anymore.

I would tend to agree with you. The markets make absolutely no sense at all since QE1...pretty much nothing is as it seems and things aren't the way they ought to be. I think that is the result of building markets based on lies and injecting trillions in bailout monies into a system that is fundamentally flawed is the obvious reason.

All I will say is this...The US, housing markets were getting worse while more foreclosures were being seen and the jobless rate was rising ~or~ the quality of jobs had been decreasing along with the pay, and, the criteria for being considered jobless is nothing short of criminal.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
S&P Closed down 6.66%

Coincidence, sign from God/Satan, or a sign of fraud/manipulation?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I saw this picture floating around on the web.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aada78fe078c.jpg[/atsimg]

Then add todays losses into the picture to....(today was worse, I believe)
edit on 8-8-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

That picture is very telling. If we do not learn from history we are doomed to repeat it. Same game, different players.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
As Ron Paul said, we will default at some point and it would have been better to have done it now. The only thing that can and most likely will happen at this point is the total destruction of the dollar. You hear it with Greenspan spewing "we can ALWAYS print more money" (inflation) and with China shouting from the rooftops that the dollar is dead.

Folks, my prediction is that by end of 2012, the United States will have a new currency. But first, the dollar must be destroyed, hyper-inlation hits once again and social unrest is the norm. Guess Obama and crew will want to blame that on the tea party as well.

Those threads about the Amero probably aren't too far off the mark.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

today was worse than the two days combined.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Have to take a break from this head home and spend some QT with the family. I'll be back on around 7pm EST to watch the Asian markets open. Maybe our fortunes will change

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
CNN just said over 1 trillion dollars were lost today, just in US stocks. Im not sure how much was lost around the world. Combine todays trillions in losses with friday and thursdays losses (I think it was somewhere around 5 trillion on thursday), incredible.

Asia markets open in a few hours. At the moment, I dont have high hopes for them.

reply to post by Crakeur

Combined? Wow. This day just keeps getting worse and worse.
edit on 8-8-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Silver is not gold and is tied to industrial applications. Markets down mean there will be less people with money or willingness to spend on electronics etc. This is the offset when it comes to Silver vs Gold which is the go to for protection.

www.silverinstitute.org...
edit on 8-8-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
2011August 5th Freaky Friday Sell-Off
The DOW Jones is down 512 points.

2011 August 8th Manic Monday Sell-Off
The DOW Jones is down 634.76 points.

Obama came out to tell us not to panic, which of course makes people panic.

Obama signed an agreement with Republicans to not collect taxes on the rich and corporations who are earning record profits and shift the burden of revenue on working families by suggesting retirement and health insurance will be cut.

Massive U.S. job shedding and outsourcing.
Stagnant Job Growth
Low Wages and wage slimming.

Moody's may still downgrade the U.S. credit rating.
S&P may downgrade the U.S. credit rating again.

London is in flames.
Youth are pillaging because they can.
They are massively unemployed and youth & poor social programs have been cut by the government.

The U.S. will also start to riot when their social programs will be cut by the U.S. government.

This will not be stopped because workers are being attacked too much.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial
Silver is not gold and is tied to industrial applications. Markets down mean there will be less people with money or willingness to spend on electronics etc. This is the offset when it comes to Silver vs Gold which is the go to for protection.

www.silverinstitute.org...
edit on 8-8-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

Hmmm yeah of course i mean you don't see Silver in Jewellers shops or see Silver coins...err..wait a minute !

Sorry dude but i don't buy your reason for Silvers low price.

Cosmic...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Our tax system needs to be reformed by January 2012 or we're history. Flat tax, or whatever you want to call it, America needs more taxpayers. And with 48% not paying a dime, is a huge reason for our debt. And Congress is going to have to face the harsh facts that we can no longer support our defunct entitlement system. Instead of putting money in someone's hand, give them a job. Freeloaders can no longer be tolerated.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial
reply to post by JakiusFogg

I don't disagree, I just know they are going to pull the QE3 and stop the decline. Lets face it they wont let it go to hell before the election, they could but I would put that in the realm of 10% possibility.

Well, they won't need elections if they install a dictatorship...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
the result may look like a global bust

but this situuation is more closely related to specific nations and their follies

fiat money is the problem, exacerbated by the Trillion$ in Derivative$

this thread does not address any specifics...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
AIG sues BoA for FRAUD

Ahhhhhhh here it goes!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I don't get it. We are in a catastrophe that has been foretold by many, yet we still bicker in Washington. Where the tea partiers are cheering upon the downgrade? What's wrong with these people? We are complaining about welfare, yet we are spending trillions in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya! Where's Obama's promise that we would get out of these wars?

We cannot get better until we get out of these wars, tax ALL corporations and individuals, cut our entitlement programs and develop a true FAIR trade agreement with China that isn't so one sided.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Let it fail, let it fall, let it burn. Then, we can get back to work and fix it.

Our economic ideologies have failed us, the greedy have not only failed, but I hope they get what they deserve for their greed. Karma can be a pain in the rear when you tread on another's right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness (or at least a butt kicking to those that got us here in the first place....ah yes, one can dream).

Soon, kids, very soon it will be time for a change that we all can get in on. No belief required.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I moved all my finances into a sure bet, Rosetta Stone.... My fellow Americans will be making a rush on learning Chinese before too long. Lol!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I happen to like the thread title, just put a comma after 2011 and an exclamation point after watch.
Can't wait for the Asian markets to open, just to see what happens......

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join