It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 91
<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by shmonkus

Absolutely disgusting, but they will get caught!
What disturbs me is, Tukish community aside, my area is the only one actively ready to defend against a possible loot and burn attack by this scum. All we are, are workers, all of us. We don;t even know each other, but all of us have the same idea that no matter what, homes and businesses, young people and old of any colour and creed in our area must be kept safe at all cost. Yet no one else in London seems to be doing it, people standing by watching as scum loot and destroy shops. What is wrong with people? If every working able bodied man went outside with the understanding of defending and fighting against this scum, there is no way this would've spread as it has. I know that if it all kicks off in my area, the chances are that I too could be arrested. That worries me, but what worries me more is standing by and doing nothing and have people terrified, children screaming and pensioners in tears from fear, which is exactly what is happening across London when I speak to people that I know. Don't let this scum take down our homes in the name of greed, we already have that from our government!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
My finacee works for the Blue Cross and she sent me this.
________________________________________________-
London riot officer saves abandoned dog
09 Aug 2011
A dog found wandering the streets while riots raged around him was saved by a big-hearted police officer who brought him to safety at The Blue Cross.

The scared Staffordshire bull terrier, nicknamed Blaze by our staff, was discovered by the riot officer in Hackney, east London, as he finished his shift following a night of civil unrest in the capital.

He took the homeless dog to The Blue Cross Merton animal hospital at 8.30am this morning on his way home but we were unable to find any identification or microchip.

Becky Dawe, deputy head nurse at the hospital, says: “Blaze is a lovely, gentle boy and he has been pretty stressed out since he arrived.

“The riot officer who brought him in was shattered after his night shift and said that he found the dog close to where the trouble was happening in Hackney.

“This poor dog must have been terrified with everything that was going on around him and he was lucky he was found when he did.”

We have contacted the dog warden and we hope that his owners will come forward to claim him.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
16,000 to 20,000 Police will be on the streets of London tonight according to Cameron!!

I don't think this is the last of it by any means....

They were even discussing bringing Curfews into place.... not too sure everyone will be happy to be locked up early.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Society creates thugs, no one is born a looting thug, despite what some would like to tell you.

some people are born that way, they are incapable of telling right from wrong or feeling remorse.

However 99% of the time its the parents fault for not disciplining the child.

There used to be a time when the teachers could do it but now they literally arent allowed to lay a finger on them, even if they are rioting in the schools which happened recently when the school say no to a snooker table, I kid you not! Teachers are regularly punched and kicked and the kids do it because they know they can get away with it.

When I was at school, the teacher would have defended themselves and the kid would have learnt his lesson and would never do it again.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted before but...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39754a46ef79.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

Your post echos a common feeling in the law abiding people of this country that are strong enough mentally and self confident of thier stance of "right".
It is also a manifestation that the police/government has lost controll and the pm needs to do far more than say "im recalling parliament thursday" there must be cerfews and strong measures to contain,controll and stop this anarchy.

(insertion)
If the government cant get a grip then it will evolve into a full scale civilian war of peolpe fighting for their familys lives against these mindless scum bags. And the whole country will become a full scale war zone and blood bath.
Then the exodus begins,so unless the usa wants 15 million law abiding citizens of the uk arriveing on their shores then the US president needs to order david cameron to get a grip on this immediatly.

The polices mandate is to prevent crime and protect the public,they are failing to do either,and its not their fault,
their hands are tied by resources bothe human and financial and the root of all their problems and everyones are "the legislators"
edit on 9-8-2011 by hrmmm because: Insertion

edit on 9-8-2011 by hrmmm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
IMO this is allowed to happen so that they can bring in tighter rules, regulations and preparations for when the economy collapses and the real riots start. And the clever thing is, the people will demand it. But thats just me.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretFace
My finacee works for the Blue Cross and she sent me this.
________________________________________________-
London riot officer saves abandoned dog
09 Aug 2011
A dog found wandering the streets while riots raged around him was saved by a big-hearted police officer who brought him to safety at The Blue Cross.

The scared Staffordshire bull terrier, nicknamed Blaze by our staff, was discovered by the riot officer in Hackney, east London, as he finished his shift following a night of civil unrest in the capital.

He took the homeless dog to The Blue Cross Merton animal hospital at 8.30am this morning on his way home but we were unable to find any identification or microchip.

Becky Dawe, deputy head nurse at the hospital, says: “Blaze is a lovely, gentle boy and he has been pretty stressed out since he arrived.

“The riot officer who brought him in was shattered after his night shift and said that he found the dog close to where the trouble was happening in Hackney.

“This poor dog must have been terrified with everything that was going on around him and he was lucky he was found when he did.”

We have contacted the dog warden and we hope that his owners will come forward to claim him.

Even the wild dogs are leaving.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by hrmmm

I do agree with you, I used to work in the Met in Custody and I can tell you working in the Met is hell, the pay is rubbish for what you do and you are constantly beaten mentally by the rubbish and red tape you have to put with internally. Nobody can comment on the police until you realise what procedures and policies are in place and what beatings they get from those in charge and the government. Labour was the worst, they made the Police almost a non-entity! They have never really recovered and now the cut backs and on top of that the attack on their pension and on their overtime and also on top the fact that they will pretty much get rid of all civilian staff after the Olympics, it cannot function as an effective force! This highlights how bad it is and how little so many respect the police for, which has more to do with public perception, the Met never explaining themselves to the public, media twisting and people's unawareness of what it's like in the Met in terms of policy and procedure.
It will collapse though, this whole system, this whole state of society is on edge. However, this scum won't make it collapse, as I have said, it will be the workers who can no longer afford to live that will make it collapse and these will include the Police, I can assure you! What is a threat is if control is not regained, what I am doing will no longer be a choice. When that happens, we could see this turn in to the workers revolution. Would we stop after smashing the scum who threaten us or would we get power mad and continue on? I don;t think either option is a great outcome, but maybe a necessary one.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
It would seem that the first thing the authorities should do is to cut communications by suspending social media sites.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
I don't know if this has been posted before but...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39754a46ef79.jpg[/atsimg]

It's new to me. Where is this image from?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

Is that a price you're willing to pay? Isn't that what China does to squash "unrest"?

More of our freedoms eroded for our "safety".

No. A democracy does not do this, China,does, Iran does, North Korea does..Not the UK.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by buttafuqua
I bet a lot of you smug Englishmen would love to be gun owners right about now. Guns are the equalizer for this type of thuggery.

Nope - because guns are actually the catalyst to this type of thuggery. See original shooting incident for details...

Given that over 13,500 people were murdered (using a gun) in the US in 2009 alone, we have a right to be smug.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

Exactly , I agree that a clear cut response to quell this has been delayed , only to increase the damage done , so that the lawful citizens of the UK who are blinded by this will call for tighter restrictions on our freedoms.

First the internet because it was used to build momentum and organise the riots, second , our freedoms to wander the streets at night . Then more and more CCtv , armed gaurds , or some new police force specially tasked to combating gang riot crimes .

Slowly but surely our freedoms will go down the pan , and before we know it we wont even be able to leave our homes to riot for fear of being locked up and tortured.

Do not worry though , you lawful citizens of Great Britain , do not let this momentary disruption to normality throw you off your horses!
Remember there are more of us lawful citizens than there are ,mindless thugs and corrup politicians.
We have the power of the masses . We should not call for any type of enhanced policing , but a measure that allows us normal citizens to defend our homes and property without fear of being locked up.

We need some changes to our laws that allow us this right .

I suggest that the government puts a standing army force on the streets , imposes a a curfew , and advises that breaches be shot on sight with non lethal rounds .
Until this nonsense can be sorted before it spreads and engulfs the UK

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I'm with you.......if these pr1ks were stoned they'd be at home 'puffin' & enjoying the show. Mindless punks stealing &
robbing because they got a chance to show the world what they really are....
hahaha to the people who think they (rioters) have a cause other than getting something for free & causing as much destruction as possible.
Their (rioters) parent/s wont be paying for the damage caused.
The thinking people will debate the causes of this lawlessness forever but the real reason is they (the looters & vandals) think only of themselves. They dont have a political agenda, if the 'yoohs' of London are doing it so will all the other main cities' 'yoots'.......god bless 'em.
To those who think vote BNP will help them, they have a similar mentality to the rioting 'yoots'....god help 'em.
Look at the news footage & seeee the diversity of trouble makers...ffs dont say that white people aren't involved & they aren't English!!!
If you live in these areas of London you know how it works & the bad people are bad regardless of skin colour etc.
The cops have a job to do, part of which is to keep our streets safe. If it means stop n search & other such practices then thats what it takes.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I wonder if David Ca-moron still wants to "hug a hoody"

That phrase should haunt is very days.

Chav culture needs to be stamped out.

link   

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys
IMO this is allowed to happen so that they can bring in tighter rules, regulations and preparations for when the economy collapses and the real riots start. And the clever thing is, the people will demand it. But thats just me.

I have been thinking that also however this event has given people a sense of power. They most likely will push for tighter regulations but I think the public will now have confidence in numbers also. Things like more better equiped police at this stage will further escalate things. Basically the more pushed into policing the more people will push on to the streets, unless ofcourse they put down an effective curfew but I dont think that will even work as the public are not that afraid, it will fade out and the British public dont tend to let fear brab them for long. As for what has been going on recently, I think it will gradually start dieing down perhaps when a family end up dead because of arson. :/

Originally posted by EvanB
I wonder if David Ca-moron still wants to "hug a hoody"

That phrase should haunt is very days.

Chav culture needs to be stamped out.

This can easily be spun, tons of politicians will be jumping on helping the neglected youth and repairing the damage and other bring them to justice. Even Ken Livingston was campaigning last night trying to get the youth on his side.

edit on 9-8-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

link   
Iran urge london police to show restraint:

Iranian foreign ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast urged the British government to order the police to stop their violent confrontation with the people, IRNA reported in the early hours of Tuesday.

www.guardian.co.uk...-68

Hahaha classic.

ALS

top topics

<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join