It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 92
<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by zanoni7

Nope - because guns are actually the catalyst to this type of thuggery. See original shooting incident for details...

Given that over 13,500 people were murdered (using a gun) in the US in 2009 alone, we have a right to be smug.

And how many of those guns were legally purchased by licensed people? A fraction of a fraction of a fraction.

I love how the majority of people from the UK think that allowing public gun ownership means that they'll be handing guns out to everybody on every street corner.

Oh, and newsflash, the people you don't want owning guns? They already have them, despite your extremely strict laws.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Martial Law is on the way...there and here

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Hi guys, I Missed the 11am announcement but am I correct in saying they have done bugger all and are going to meet again on Thursday?They just going to put a few more cop on the streets?

This is insane as by Thursday the whole country could be up in smoke.

We here in Southampton about an hour from London have already had a warning by Hampshire Police last night saying they are aware of groups trying to set things up here using social network sites.

There are messages going around asking people "to show London how it's done". Apparently it's supposed to be a joke but many are taking it serious and trying to form groups.

Hampshire police have sent a number of their riot police up to London to help out but have assured us that they have enough back up to deal with situations here should they arise.

It's a worrying situation and not enough is being done from what I can see

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Iran urge london police to show restraint:

Iranian foreign ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast urged the British government to order the police to stop their violent confrontation with the people, IRNA reported in the early hours of Tuesday.

www.guardian.co.uk...-68

Hahaha classic.

ALS

Well, since they're so concerned about the people who the police are confronting, I would like to propose that these poor, down-trodden rioters be sent over to the safe-haven of Iran.

Everyone's a winner.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hrmmm

I stopped smoking that 5hit years ago. People think that my name is to do with drugs, but it's a reference to the film Fight Club.

link   

Originally posted by MRedfield

Originally posted by zanoni7

Nope - because guns are actually the catalyst to this type of thuggery. See original shooting incident for details...

Given that over 13,500 people were murdered (using a gun) in the US in 2009 alone, we have a right to be smug.

And how many of those guns were legally purchased by licensed people? A fraction of a fraction of a fraction.

I love how the majority of people from the UK think that allowing public gun ownership means that they'll be handing guns out to everybody on every street corner.

Oh, and newsflash, the people you don't want owning guns? They already have them, despite your extremely strict laws.

English people do not want guns, we don't need them and a device that is made specifically to kill should not be a praised part of our culture. Guns do not bring peace and never will.

link   
First fatality reported. Croydon man has died after being shot in his car.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I don't know about that, I have not seen the figures. It doesn't alter the reality that you are 40 times more likely to be shot dead in the US than you are in the UK ( whether the gun is legally owned, or not ).

With 280 million guns swilling around in the US, I'm sure it's not hard to come by one.

If that were true, then why do we have one of the lowest firearms murder rates in the world ?

edit on 9-8-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretFace
reply to post by shmonkus

Absolutely disgusting, but they will get caught!
What disturbs me is, Tukish community aside, my area is the only one actively ready to defend against a possible loot and burn attack by this scum. All we are, are workers, all of us. We don;t even know each other, but all of us have the same idea that no matter what, homes and businesses, young people and old of any colour and creed in our area must be kept safe at all cost. Yet no one else in London seems to be doing it, people standing by watching as scum loot and destroy shops. What is wrong with people? If every working able bodied man went outside with the understanding of defending and fighting against this scum, there is no way this would've spread as it has. I know that if it all kicks off in my area, the chances are that I too could be arrested. That worries me, but what worries me more is standing by and doing nothing and have people terrified, children screaming and pensioners in tears from fear, which is exactly what is happening across London when I speak to people that I know. Don't let this scum take down our homes in the name of greed, we already have that from our government!

Yeah I know what you mean - I have to drive into Hammersmith tomorrow evening, and will be keeping a couple of Golf clubs in the boot should the need arise, although I hope it doesn't come to that! I admire the togetherness of some of the communities around London, standing up for what they have built for themselves I don't blame them for wanting to protect it.

I also feel strong sympathy for the police forces, no matter what they do, they get criticised for it. They can't be seen to be overhanded, as the directives they work for are carved out by the Government, which results in criticism. They are presently being criticised for being too weak against them, which is also handing them a side order of criticism. They are fighting an uphill, hopeless battle, which at the moment, I can't see light at the end of the tunnel.

I hope Cameron does what is necessary, and bring the Army in to exercise some proper smackdown!
edit on 9-8-2011 by shmonkus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
that video with them throwing stuff at the police was just TERRIBLE!! I mean the form was really crappy. little league would certainly help you guys develop proper hurling mechanics.

They should spend less time messing about with that cricket silliness and learn how to pitch a proper molotov!

link   
reply to post by EnlightenMe2012

My brother was in Bromley last night fighting some of this scum, he reckons at first their numbers were massive but they soon legged once they realised that there were 30 odd blokes tooled up and laying in to the scum. Get your groups sorted now, not when it starts. You have had plenty of warning and don't mess about go in guns blazing, even if you're totally out numbered and most of all, get tooled up but don't make it obvious, unlike our Turkish brothers who are walking around with bats lol. Be confident and stay in numbers! Also, try and get mobile, transit vans are brilliant! Believe me mate, if I could be everywhere fighting this scum I would!

Good luck!

link   

Originally posted by torsion
First fatality reported. Croydon man has died after being shot in his car.

It's funny that they are calling this breaking this news now. They were talking about this on sky news literally hours ago.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The man shot and injured during the riot in Croyden is now dead.

Second fatality to add to the list.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

I’m not sure where it was taken mate, someone e-mailed it to me. Edit - I've just seen the same picture on BBC News.

I know people who have received e-mails asking them to join in rioting/looting tonight with times/locations/numbers. Information has been passed to the Met.
edit on 9/8/11 by Soshh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
The man shot and injured during the riot in Croyden is now dead.

Second fatality to add to the list.

I don't understand this. I heard on sky news hours ago that a 26 year old who was shot in the chest died at the scene last night. Is this another 26 year old who was shot in Croyden aswell?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

Your post encouraging vigilantes is just what the UK does NOT need....the last thing we want is for groups of people to go out and about making up the law as they go along. Im disgusted, I truly am.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I didn't sit through all 90 odd pages of replies to this so don't shoot me if someone already raised this question. But is it just me or is it interesting that the world financial markets are in crisis exactly the same time as this London mayhem is happening?

Should we be looking at this or the financial news?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I too am sorry that i am not keeping up to date with all 90 pages, However i would ask that you all read this lady's article and view on the London riots, i feel humbled reading what she has to say and hopefully if more "leaders" followed her views positive change may happen.

pennyred.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAmD1
I didn't sit through all 90 odd pages of replies to this so don't shoot me if someone already raised this question. But is it just me or is it interesting that the world financial markets are in crisis exactly the same time as this London mayhem is happening?

Should we be looking at this or the financial news?

What do you find interesting about it? And how are you linking the two? What is your logic here?

new topics

top topics

<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join