It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 90
<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

Yeah how many times does this need to be posted? It was the march in protest of the death of a singer turned drug dealer while police were at his house, he killed himself. This was all over the news!!!! The protest was all over the news!! Another segment looking for sympathy and excuses, don't believe it!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Forced labour is the only way these kids will learn.

I agree.

And if they hadn't grown up in a culturally unfocused, overly apologetic, politically, socially and ethically immoral and unrepentant society that continually refuses to strongly punish criminality whilst fretting pathetically at just how politically correct it was being, is it any wonder that there is a generation that has no anchor in reality?

And let’s not ignore the fact that when you live in a culture of selfishness and materialism, and no real consequence for criminal acts, then that culture is just going to get bigger, stronger and more self-justified.

I apologize if I’m coming across harshly, but I am seriously worried about my family and friends in the UK.

What the hell happened to a society that now breeds such wanton hatred and indifference?

Britain is broken. Lawfull citizens cant defend themselves,their familys and property without ending in jail for the most part.They cant dicipline their children,as to hurt their feelings is a voilotion of their human rights.
The criminals Have human rights,in the UK victims have none.
The criminals have nothing to lose and everything to gain. They either get away with it completly,or if jailed get houseing,free food,free heating,free sports events,free tv's,dvd players computers in the jails to further victimise their victims and learn how to comit more crimes,they get to spend time with their friends (partners in crime) when they come out they get priority in houseing,benefits,grants,jobs,education.

So blame the LOONATIC LIBERALS,who form pressure groups digging for and argueing human rights of 1 sector of society and trample the human rights of the other sector. (Criminals Uninted 100 - Victims City 0)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalenga
This is an excerpt from this article that highlights how frustrated the youth in London are as they marched to the police headquarters looking for a 'peaceful' route of dialogue to stem the police' heavy handed tactics:

Is rioting the correct way to express your discontent?

"Yes," said the young man. "You wouldn't be talking to me now if we didn't riot, would you?"

The TV reporter from Britain's ITV had no response. So the young man pressed his advantage. "Two months ago we marched to Scotland Yard, more than 2,000 of us, all blacks, and it was peaceful and calm and you know what? Not a word in the press. Last night a bit of rioting and looting and look around you."

worldblog.msnbc.msn.com...

like always one bad apple spoils the rest

guilty by association

they have no leader

just like the rest of the world

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

Is rioting the correct way to express your discontent?

"Yes," said the young man. "You wouldn't be talking to me now if we didn't riot, would you?"

The TV reporter from Britain's ITV had no response. So the young man pressed his advantage. "Two months ago we marched to Scotland Yard, more than 2,000 of us, all blacks, and it was peaceful and calm and you know what? Not a word in the press. Last night a bit of rioting and looting and look around you."

worldblog.msnbc.msn.com...

You can certainly understand their twisted logic. Very thought-provoking.

The government will eventually be agonising over whether to consider the possibility that some of the communities involved really have been neglected, which will have exacerbated the situation. Generally you'd expect Labour to be pushing that angle. These days the LibDems will be looking to score points too.

Back in the days of the Toxteth riots (1980s) it was Norman Tebbit (Conservative) who pushed for urban regeneration and employment schemes - and got them. So you never know. Short-term the government will be talking tough. But perhaps in the aftermath they may accept the need to attempt to address some of the social issues in the background. If only to head off the development of a future generation of thugs...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
And just remember the police force do not now get paid for the extra work they need to do to police this - all we need now is the police refusing to do the work requested of them because they are not getting paid overtime

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Just been into Wolverhampton city center, several places were also looted last night..Staff from shops are saying that they are all being advised to close up at 3pm as they are expecting trouble this afternoon and tonight.

If it kicks off i will defo get me camera and get some footage for ATS, asuming i dont get it nicked, lol
edit on 9/8/11 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by blackcat99

100% agree, they done away with overtime, this police are working, or those not on shift, as volunteers!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanPLC

Wolverhampton wasn't on the top of my list to be targeted - keep safe if you do go out tonight

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

This is a new low - a kid mugged while being 'helped' by bystanders.
Frak

R

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The riots really worry me. They remind me of the civil unrest in France in 2005. I wonder if the riots spread across Europe, don't think it will but there is a chance as England isn't the only country having social problems. Worst case scenario is the rioting spreading not only to mainland Europe but also the US, not likely but not impossible either.

Noticable in these riots are the use of modern media. I can see this happening more in the future where people organize through internet and cellphones, a riot could be started in less than an hour - just opening a topic on some private board, set a date and members could message others to join in right before the event. If this continues and evolves in several decades there could be organizations dedicated to rioting, maybe even a combo of street rioting and cyber rioting. Maybe governments should start thinking about deputizing citizens more in case there are massive conflicts people could report to police stations, get a uniform and a club and let them patrol the streets to ensure peace.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

Everyone needs to bombard 10 downing street with phone calls (dont use emails,they always never arrive strangely,so downing street claim) and tell dave the brave,to get his finger out of his arse and sort this 5hit out.
edit on 9-8-2011 by hrmmm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rosha

This is a new low - a kid mugged while being 'helped' by bystanders.
Frak

R

This is very sad -

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by hrmmm

So blame the LOONATIC LIBERALS

I don’t know who to blame. Where do you start?

Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity.

Everyone.

And everyone deserves the right to live their lives in peace, without fear, and in harmony with their neighbours.

We all deserve an equal chance.

We all deserve to live a comfortable existence knowing that our families will be looked after in health, mind and body.

No one really wants riches, we just all want to be safe.

People are intrinsically far more content to live in a world that gives them all these things.

But some are not. Some are just born stupid, greedy, thoughtless or easily led.

We deserve to be protected from these by our laws, law enforcers, governments, those we trust with the money we earn and our moral leaders. It really isn’t that difficult.

There can be no hunger, no pain, no cold or hurt or loneliness.

We can all be educated, clothed, responsible, empowered.

There can be equality in all things.

But what do you do when those people in power – the people we trust - are the ones who are causing the problems by their continued inactions?

What do we do when the system is so rotten, misguided, weak and lax that it willingly fosters by its inaction a culture of easy money, chemical escape, thoughtless actions and no moral outcome for crime?

How the hell did a modern western society we come to this?

I have no sympathy for the fools who are looting in the name of disaffection. None. All they were looking for was an excuse.

And I have no sympathy for those fools who blindly promote the system that causes and allows this type of social and moral chaos to proliferate wildly, as they are following a system that clearly does not work.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Society creates thugs, no one is born a looting thug, despite what some would like to tell you.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I really hope that this madness does not continue tonight. Unfortunately though, I have a strong feeling that it will.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I have no idea if this has been posted already, but the footage below is of a chap who was helped after being battered by a bunch of rioters, and then robbed in pure daylight.

Absolutely disgusting, if anybody knows the people in this video then please report them to the police!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Agree,its not just Britain that is broken,it is the whole fabric of our society,that the prioritisation for all governments is not social issue but comercial profits.
And these brainwashes mindless idiots who follow the comercial properganda and believe that the way to happyness is through the accusition of xbox,dvds,mobile phones,clothes,trainers,jewelry,ect,ect.

There are so many things broken,its nigh on impossible to pick a starting point,though a start needs to be made.
Start a renewal/revitilisation of social responsibilitys and courtesy/respect/good neighbourly behaviour and follow the programme to its conclusion.
edit on 9-8-2011 by hrmmm because: spelling errors

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by shmonkus
I have no idea if this has been posted already, but the footage below is of a chap who was helped after being battered by a bunch of rioters, and then robbed in pure daylight.

Absolutely disgusting, if anybody knows the people in this video then please report them to the police!

www.youtube.com...

It was already posted. Only 5 posts or so up from yours

The video is disgusting though.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Society creates thugs, no one is born a looting thug, despite what some would like to tell you.

I would disagree.

Society does create thugs, but some people are born “not right”.

Even highly educated people can be the worst culprits.

We all deserve to be protected from them.

Antisocial behaviour can come from one charismatic person.

Pick any unjust war, and the leader who ordered it to begin.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish

I would disagree.

Society does create thugs, but some people are born “not right”.

Even highly educated people can be the worst culprits.

We all deserve to be protected from them.

Antisocial behaviour can come from one charismatic person.

Pick any unjust war, and the leader who ordered it to begin.

Some are born the way they are.Though this is not the thread to discuss what makes up ones soul.
Maybe ill open a post sometime for discussion,and explain my theorys which has a basis in ancient egyptian gods/spirits.

top topics

<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join