It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 88
<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Howe made himself look a right idiot in that interview. I was glad they got him off. Trying to justify these chavvy thugs by talking of police intimidation of the black community. So is that why black people are having to leap from their burning homes as their businesses blaze into nothing beneath them? Yeah, great move

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I work 2 mins away from Toxteth in Liverpool and saw the aftermath of it this morning on my way in.. Burnt out cars, Tesco shop gutted and looted.. Police station attacked.

If this isn't jumping on the bandwagon then I don't know what is..

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I've been watching the news coverage on Sky, BBC News 24 etc., and my heart is in my mouth. I am English, but live in Ireland, and my Mum - who is eighty and lives on her own - lives only six miles from some of this deplorable activity.

I genuinely fear for the UK now, not to sound too sensationalistic, but when you see co-ordinated rioting such as this - and I doubt if there's any arguement that this is orchestrated - then what can be next? The only thing I can think the British government can do now, if the Police forces of the country can't contain these thugs, is to call in the Army.

Dear God. The Army on the streets of the UK.

Cameron must be considering the immense responsibility he's under now; if the government don't stop this now, how much further can it spread? And I don't just mean on UK soil; what if like-minded idiots in, say, France, or Italy, or Ireland see this happening unchecked abroad and decide that if it can happen there without consequence, it can happen anywhere.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
So i decided to take my bike for a ride around Hackney...

I started out on Kingsland Road which is about a 10 minute bike ride away from Hackney Central, where the police cars were attacked under the rail bridge..

I cycled through Dalston, came up and around Ridley Market, down Queensbridge Road, Up through London Fields Park and in to the heart of where the violence started.

What i saw...

Not one broken bottle..One burnt vehicle, One burnt shop or building, No Litter...

To be honest i was expecting to see scenes of devistation.
I don't know if the community got together in the morning, seeing as i was already on my bike by 9am..
Or if the scenes of the main stream media were doctored or over hyped but it seemed like a normal day out in Hackney...

The only obvious evidence of looting were that i noticed a number of shop fronts had borded up their front windows with wooden panals. Saying this there were far far fewer shops with wooden panals than i was expecting to see..

I am not saying things did not get completley out of hand but on seeing the main hotspots around Hackney this morning any person sleeping through the riots over the past 3 days would simply be none the wiser walking through Hackney today.

This implies one of two things, either the media spun an incredible story or the community spirit within Hackney is something to be admired...

I would suggest the latter.

I am 100% that there will be absoloutly no repeat of last nite...and if so it will be just one or two very small localised incidents.. I can safely say this because i know the mentality of street gangs and youths in the area..

They have exhumed their frustrations and negative energies...It's over.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje
Like it or not, it's spreading to different cities now (Birmingham and Liverpool got mentioned.)

It might have been localized no-good riots in London but if it catches on it might turn into what we all want to see. An attempt to overthrow the system.

It's spreading to other cities, and the perpetrators of the trouble are exactly the same as those in London: teenage and young male chavs interested in causing violence and destruction for the fun of it, and looting for personal gain.

There are no decent citizens involved in any form of legitimate or altruistic protest in any of the trouble-spots.

I assume that those who daydream so much about ''revolution'' from behind their computer screens would like the ''revolution'' to be conducted and executed by decent citizens with good intentions for their country and people ?

I would also add that this trouble has done the complete opposite of encouraging people to ''overthrow the system'', as now the majority of the country are on the police's side, and most people, I'm sure, wouldn't lose too much sleep if a few of these rioters were shown what for !

Every decent citizen would distance themselves as far as possible from any form of civil disobedience at the moment, for fear of being mistaken for one of these selfish, anti-social thugs, who are joint public enemy no.1 at the moment !

edit on 9-8-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Thoughts are with you and your mum during all this, I know how worrying it is to have elderly relatives living alone so close to this mindless violence, My elderly parents are living about 4 miles from the trouble in Bristol and I am very worried, to the point of if it carrys on much longer I am going to drive up there along with my two teenage sons just so they are not alone.

link   
Just woke up this morning to see the destruction. How very sad and depressing. I just hope something good can come out of this , but I very much doubt it.

link   
Everyone keeps saying this looks organised and they can't believe the thieving and so on.

Think about it...

You're a criminal or part of a criminal gang and you're watching TV and see all these people looting for TWO hours or more, unhindered, unchallenged.... you would organise... mobilise and get vans into London and other cities and start looting too.

Just think of the money that they can make in TWO HOURS of robbing an electronics store, a jewellers or a sports shop?

I think it is BECOMING organised because people are seeing that the police can't cope.

If you are a criminal, this is like Heaven..... there may as well be no police.

If they don't get a grip, more gangs and individual criminals will be travelling to cities across England and robbing and looting..... this will escalate.

And if you look at it from a criminal's point of view, It's an absolute dream come true.
edit on 9/8/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Woke up to find many area's have been looted in Birmingham, mainly supermarkets.

It's showing no let up either, I just hope a state of emergency is declared and the military take back the streets from these lifeless wannabes, because soon it will be my car out on the road that is randomly targeted because it's acceptable!

As for the kid who got beaten and then mugged, it just sums up the chavvy morons. Plus a white photographer was beaten and mugged by about 20 young black kids yesterday but it's only mentioned in the local media and nothing race related was mentioned. I only beg to think what might have happened if the tables we're turned..... I'm sure the national media would be highlighting it for what it was, mindless racist thuggery.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Just been to a residents meeting with local residents, business owners and local beat cops.

We have all pledged to protect each others properties should this criminality spread here.

And judging by the exchange of views and mood. It will be robust.

There was talk of "japanese steel".
edit on 9-8-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
My wife works at a hospital as a senior Children's Cancer nurse, she's on a late shift tonight and will be leaving about 10pm - it's not as though she can not go in as she cares for terminally ill children, however the scumbags behind this will not take that into account. I'm worried sick stuck at f****** work, feeling utterly helpless. I have 2 children under 2 to collect from the childminders and it's not like I can stick them in the car and commute into the riot zone to pick my wife up and we have no one who can look after them.

This isn't protests, this is mindless violence. Looking at the twitter feeds, the google riot location maps and the comments of the events that are unfolding it is obvious to me that this is organised.

I also agree the 3 layer solar flare we've had has coincided with the riots (didn't it collide with Earth Friday). There is also historical correlation between solar activity and increased civil unrest (no links, but google solar activity and riots - there's a wealth of information to support this link).

I thought I'd vent here as the consensus amongst my work colleagues and friends on Facebook are narrow minded to say the least. People seem to be almost joking about what is happening at the moment without a second thought to the people affected.

Although I consider myself and peaceful, non-violent type if anything were to happen to my wife I don't think I could be held responsible for my actions. I will defend my family from these mindless animals by any means possible as it appears the Government are doing little to stop the events that have been unfolding for 4 days now.

I know that fear is what will bring civilisation to it's knees, yet how can I not fear when it's the safety of the woman I love that's at stake, and the safety of my children and their future?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by tanser

It's showing no let up either, I just hope a state of emergency is declared and the military take back the streets from these lifeless wannabe

What army? They're stretched already... so much so that the TA is also abroad fighting.
What can the army do?

They've had several people saying that the army will not be brought in.

I'm not saying they shouldn't or that I don't want them to be, Just that they're not available.... we don't have the numbers.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

Of course these creatures have a future. They have a future of benefit hand outs supplemented by thieving. It's a lifestyle they choose. They like that lifestyle because it follows in the footsteps of their parents.

I don't know about you, but I saw a lot of middle class looking looters amongst the "mobs". You can't blame this all on "criminals". This is about a generation which feels abandoned, and in fact has been, by the preceding generations. Youth of all socio- economic stratum are taking part in this, as I am confident we will find when a few double barrel names make a showing on CCTV footage in the coming weeks.

That being said, it's shameful that innocent people are paying the price for this.

In Norway, youth gather in communal summer camps to learn about politics and how they can change the world.

In the UK, they break into Currys for a Plasma TV.

These aren't just bad kids, these are your kids, my kids all of our children giving a collective FU to us.

Of course it won't work, because the violence overshadows everything.

edit on 9-8-2011 by Merigold because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I think it is BECOMING organised because people are seeing that the police can't cope.

Precisely my point. The Police are stretched to near capacity, and that is being exploited by these scumbags.

Just because we see these idiots mindlessly destroying the society they live in does not mean they cannot organise and use tactics to hasten that destruction. Mindless in action, not in intent or implementation.

I would hate to see the Army on the streets of the UK, but what if the Police loose control?

This chillingly brings to mind the 1979 film "The Warriors", and a quote from one of the characters who is advocating gang-rule:

You're standing right now with nine delegates from 100 gangs. And there's over a hundred more. That's 20,000 hardcore members. Forty-thousand, counting affiliates, and twenty-thousand more, not organized, but ready to fight: 60,000 soldiers! Now, there ain't but 20,000 police in the whole town. Can you dig it?

www.imdb.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I doubt the Army will get involved. What can they do? Other than a show of force there is nothing that the forces can actual do to these people.

Bringing the forces in also makes a mockery of the police. It shows their incompetence and at the moment the boroughs are backing the police and speaking highly of them (right or wrong) so they will not bring the Army in unless it goes downhill tonight.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
David Cameron will be making a statement at 10:45 (BST)
ON
BBC NEWS
SKY CHANNEL 503

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by tanser

It's showing no let up either, I just hope a state of emergency is declared and the military take back the streets from these lifeless wannabe

What army? They're stretched already... so much so that the TA is also abroad fighting.
What can the army do?

They've had several people saying that the army will not be brought in.

I'm not saying they shouldn't or that I don't want them to be, Just that they're not available.... we don't have the numbers.

Even if it's a few thousand here and there, it will help qualm alot of the petty pockets that are popping up. Police cannot be blamed, thousands made redundant this year, many forced retirement.... it was always going to be highlighted by some event.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9

Originally posted by Rosha
This clip was taken a month ago - any links? We heard NOTHING about this here.

second line
edit on 9-8-2011 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

Nope, it's an old clip,
a month ago ??

The clip you linked says;
"Uploaded by JExecutiveOrder11110 on Feb 4, 2009"

yep my bad..was meant to be a link to a beating given out by cops to a guy from Leeds a month ago..now that other posters comment about muslims makes sense tho..thanks!

R

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold
I don't know about you, but I saw a lot of middle class looking looters amongst the "mobs". You can't blame this all on "criminals". This is about a generation which feels abandoned, and in fact has been, by the preceding generations. Youth of all socio- economic stratum are taking part in this, as I am confident we will find when a few double barrel names make a showing on CCTV footage in the coming weeks.

The middle-classes also have their fair-share of criminals and oiks, and many of them aren't necessary well off ( especially students ). Seeing middle-class looking people involved in the looting doesn't indicate that this is anything more than mindless destruction for fun, and theft for personal gain.

If you've ever lived in a studenty area, you'll know that quite a few of the middle-class students are selfish, arrogant and anti-social, and every bit as obnoxious as chavs, in their own way.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
When things get this bad it is becoming truly dangerous:

Rioters attacking police

And it seems to be increasing rather than dying down. The biggest problem seems to be that some are using (possibly) legitimate anger at a police shooting as a self-justification for all manner of (unrelated) lawless behaviour.

new topics

top topics

<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join