It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Birmingham has kicked off

Wondering when Manchester MOSS SIDE waiting for they the most lawlest part of England from what i have been reading in papers over the years

edit on 8-8-2011 by Gooseygander because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gooseygander

I have had an unconfirmed report from a police officer in Liverpool that Manchester and Liverpool are seeing some unrest right now.

EDIT: liverpool, luton, manchester, leeds and sheffield are on high alert.
edit on 8/8/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
One of the main reasons I moved from the UK to the USA was because of the brainless thugs that made up a large proportion of the British youth. Well, it looks like it's coming to a head now. I despair

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gooseygander

Moss Side is no worse than many other deprived areas in British cities. Just got a bad press.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I was going to compare this to the LA riots but the amount of damage done is just overwhelming. It's amazing and horrifying.

link   

Originally posted by RMFX1

Originally posted by hrmmm
Emergency COBRA meeting scheduled for tomorrow morning.
Tomorrow may see issueing of curfews or martial Law!

I don't understand why they're waiting until tomorrow morning. Why can't they get off of their fat arses and get to somewhere and discuss this tonight?

In situations like these they should be able to pull all of those people on the committee into one room within an hour or two at the very most. Regardless of where they are in the UK.

Apparently 'Dave' was saying a couple of hours ago that 'Theresa May and Nick Clegg will take care of it'. Yeah, great job they're doing 'Dave'. Cameron - get your sorry bloody arse back to the UK and into 10 Downing street tonight for an emergency meeting you lazy, pathetic, irresponsible, excuse for an upper class snot wipe!

link   
Economic collapse, austerity policies, rioting in london, it would appear we are in the late 1970s again.

Might as well have an appropriate soundtrack

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
I was going to compare this to the LA riots but the amount of damage done is just overwhelming. It's amazing and horrifying.

This isn't a race riot either, even though most the rioters are black. There aren't gangs of black youths roaming around targetting whitey like with the LA riots

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by doubleplusungood

Sorry then Sir, I hope they dont join it. But If they did it would make totteham look like a tea party.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well as a Londoner my suggestion would be "STOP COVERERING IT ON TV" That's why half these kiddywinks are out there tonight! and i honestly think if there was less coverage then this would all end,

The fire in Croydon is looking really big, twitpic.com... this image from a BBC chopper above there,

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Years of social neglect while cosying up to the bankers was always going to have a price. This is a part of the payback. You reap what you sow.

Thats exactly right. The global values of materialism / rampant conumerism encouraged by constant advertisments by companies trying to make yet more money. We wonder about values - our society encourages people to desire these items that these people are stealing from shops.

What is going on the streets right now is a statement (that most of them are admittedly not intelligent enough to deliver or understand) - what they are really telling all of us is that even thought they (those who are not rich or live in poverty) are in the majority, they have a minority of global resources. The small minority of people in the world are rich and control the majority of global resources.

They on the streets are telling the rest of us that if they choose to rebel there is nothing we can do about it.

Its time to get our priorities right and to decrease the gap between rich and poor, its time to return civil rights to the people where the police or the government can not act as they choose. Its time to question the values of this sick consumerist capitalism which breeds a culture of profit and ownership of material items about anything else.

Once this is all over with if the corrupted governments with their sick global system don't learn the lesson one day there will be a real revolution. Will the lessons be learned?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Here is a link feed for Birmingham with pictures:

Birmingham Riots

link   
only one cure for all of this................VOTE BNP and finally divert the money and funds to white working class areas who have a lot more to complain about than these animals, VOTE BNP and get rid....

link   

Originally posted by PorroAgoVetusRespublica
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

are their any websites that have a live feed, i dont have any british news channels

www.bbc.co.uk...

link   
reply to post by zanoni7

Well said.

I wonder if he will come out with the usual BS by saying 'We are all in this together' and start trashing Westminster? Probably not, but!!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Diversity and multiculturalism are the results of the riots in London!

its not racist its just the TRUTH!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
Panic over.

David Cameron has cut short his holiday and has just boarded a plane to fly back to London.

Word has spread and the rioters are now helping put out the fires and returning all the stolen goods.

Three cheers for Cameron,

hip hip, hoorah....

Haha...or not. I guess you were not one of the many pointlessly asking "where is Cameron?"

Everyone has failed in this case. The idiotic people responsible, their friends and families, the police, the rubberneckers getting in the way. It's kind of interesting to watch the event unfold live on TV, but then I suddenly reel my neck in and consider the damage that is being is caused to people, property, livelihoods, not to mention reputation and the image presented to those overseas. Let's not forget that this is not a protest for a just cause, it is criminal behaviour by some deranged ill-educated morons.

I'm ashamed and embarrassed.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Let's put this in perspective, these juvenile delinquents burned their own neighborhood down to get new sneakers and shirts?
Unbelievable.
Also a huge part of this story is how these delinquents used blackberrys and twitter to coordinate the looting ahead of the police arivals. How many ways can kids cause internet crackdown?
Them sneakers won't last very long. They will be tattered rags in a few months anyways.
Where will they live now that mom wants to move out of her smokey apartment?

link   
reply to post by Curio

Lucky You! got room for 15.4 million "Sane" British reffugees?

link   
Clapham Junction being looted clean, no police anywhere in sight... on Sky news.

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join