It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by zanoni7
WARNING!

I have been told that the Croydon mob is headed to Purley Way IKEA. I can't say this is for sure going to be their route, but I trust my man on the ground. Anyone in the area, take care.

What do these people have against house furniture?

Perhaps their kitchens fell apart?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JammyQ
I've heard from a couple of friends in these areas that this flyer has been handed out

bristolsolidarity.files.wordpress.com...

It was apparently the same one used at the Tesco riots in Bristol.

I've also noticed a legal company on twitter and facebook spreading the same message and telling people not to speak to the police.

Similar stuff to what paedophiles pass amongst themselves. Child molester, and other social defects like these rioters fear being identified more than anything. If anyone hands you such a leaflet be wary of what kind of criminal they are.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Rioting in Croydon now.... buildings on fire... live report on bbc

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
That fire in croydon been burning at least 30 mins now and still no fire brigade.....

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
That fire in croydon been burning at least 30 mins now and still no fire brigade.....

They are there now. Too late in my opinion. That building is coming down.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Emergency COBRA meeting scheduled for tomorrow morning.
Tomorrow may see issueing of curfews or martial Law!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

That fire is going to get bigger, and spread due to radiation fire spread

link   

Originally posted by zanoni7
You know a lot of people are saying it's about a minority of hard core yobs. Well, if that's the case, we sure got a heck of a lot of them as they seem to be popping up all over London and the UK. As I've said before, the Mark D event was the flashpoint; since then though I think it's just turned into out and out mayhem. There has been a pressure building in the UK for ages, now we're seeing the lid blow off... I know these guys are doing bad things, I just think that it's also a reflection of where our successive lack of decent govt social policies, govt for the rich by the rich, has created an accident waiting to happen scenario. Today the accident is happening and whatever b*llsh*t Theresa May tries to sell us, we know exactly how we came to this point. By letting people like Blair, Brown and their minions (like May) rule our country. Selfish politicians will always produce a selfish society. As Home Secretary I would expect her resignation for allowing the country to disintigrate into this kind of chaos.
Well even if it's 40% of the population causing the riots they'll say it's a minority

link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Well anytime a government has gone too far and stopped working for the people (people meaning the working class, not the yuppies sipping wine on a 2k foot yacht), that usually leads to Revolution. Hey the French Monarchy learned about the same time King George did, that a people pissed off is a mighty force to be reckoned with. When the people have had enough, heads will roll and more often than not, the heads that end up rolling are whoever the incompetant person(s) were that just kept letting stuff go by and being too lazy to get involved.

This has got nothing to do with politics !

These are groups of yobs who are opportunistically taking advantage of stretched policing to cause violence and mayhem. They are doing it because they enjoy causing destruction. This is how a lot of people behave when they feel emboldened by a lack of law and order.

If it was motivated by the people being pissed off at the government, then you would see a more diverse representation of people. As it stands, almost all of the trouble-makers are male teenagers and young adults from a lower socio-economic class.

edit on 8-8-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jarusica
Ikeas croyden gotta be worried

IKEA doesn't know what's coming their way... I just tried calling them but got a stupid IVR - no human available!

link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Looks like a warzone! Absolutely disgraceful behaviour. God only knows whats gotten into people's heads these last couple of days? Truly insane.

link   
Theres no excuse for this. Its not a protest, its not a strike against corruption, its just chavs on a looting burning rampage.

This what you get when a broken judiciary means people don't respect the law any more.

Somebody innocent will die in a fire... idiots.

link   
BTW Cobra is the name for the uk governments "civil contingencies committee"

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hrmmm

COBRA is going to meet in the morning....wtf do we pay these people for?? Londons burning and they want to have a kip and deal with it in the morning...SACK THEM ALL

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

TThe committee considers issues such as whether to invoke the powers contained in the Civil Contingencies Act, which gives considerable extra powers in times of a serious emergency. These include destroying or requisitioning property, restricting the movement of people and setting up special courts.Cobra team can invoke emergency powers

False flag? There is still an absence of a reason.

From watching Hackney this afternoon there are very few 'active' participants, who should have been taken out of it. Why were they not?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I live in London , it is hard to complain against the Popular media opinion. So anything I say will be distorted. Yes It has come to this.

The media is asking the parents of the troublemakers to stop

Can I ask the Media to ask the parents of the Bankers who created the mess to ask their sons what they can do

Please

edit on 8-8-2011 by Gooseygander because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2011 by Gooseygander because: (no reason given)

link   
incredible incredible !!!! how is it possible they do not send the army to protect democracy and the citizens !!???
no pity at all with those crazy stoned youngsters !!!
they put fire on houses, cars, shops and police cannot handle it ???? so go get the army then g-d damned !!
NO PITY - GO TO HELL !!
here we see again that we have to take care with all this immigration and other islamist danger !!
they do NOT integrate in our society and get angry like hell at all occasions !!
please stop those fools !! send them to Afga or Iraq, they will learn what it is to be really in trouble !

WHY NO MARTIAL LAW WHY ???

edit on 8-8-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

link   
This all started because the police shot a guy who was shooting at them, the family protested peacefully outside the police station and a load of opportunists took it upon themselves to start a riot and loot shops because they could.

They all need locked up for life, idiots. If it was about the government I wouldn't look at it so dimly.

Furniture shop on fire:

link   

Originally posted by hrmmm
Emergency COBRA meeting scheduled for tomorrow morning.
Tomorrow may see issueing of curfews or martial Law!

I don't understand why they're waiting until tomorrow morning. Why can't they get off of their fat arses and get to somewhere and discuss this tonight?

In situations like these they should be able to pull all of those people on the committee into one room within an hour or two at the very most. Regardless of where they are in the UK.

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join