It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenStarrz
Croydon's really getting hit ... wow

I love how they're telling parents to call their kids on the phone, and tell them to come home and stop it at once! As if that'll put a stop to this ...

edit on 8-8-2011 by SevenStarrz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Well as a Londoner my suggestion would be "STOP COVERERING IT ON TV" That's why half these kiddywinks are out there tonight! and i honestly think if there was less coverage then this would all end,

The fire in Croydon is looking really big, twitpic.com... this image from a BBC chopper above there,

As an ex Londoner I agree. The media needs to stop whoring this event on TV.

The simple fact is people are pissed off with the government, frustrated at being ripped off constantly and then being deprived even further in areas like the one that are burning (I grew up in such a deprived area in South London).

There is only so much BS people will take, bankers getting away with daylight robbery, the government and the ruling elite being shown up to be only interested in themselves with little regard for the country.

You will have opportunists out there making the most of the situation by looting and taking part in other criminal activities but it doesn't help when the media is desperately trying to sensationalise a sensitive situation.

This is nothing, if you Americans think this won't happen to you (or my European friends), think again.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zanoni7
Agree with your point about politics, at least in the case of most individuals. However what does it say of a country's social situation when it produces these kind of individuals? Years of social neglect while cosying up to the bankers was always going to have a price. This is a part of the payback. You reap what you sow.

It is a sad indictment of some of the youth in the UK, but the same could be said about the days and days of rioting by similar oiks in Paris, in 2005. So, I wouldn't say it's a problem specifically with British society. I think you'd see similar scenes in most large cities in the West.

The problem for any government, on issues like this, is that ''they're damned if they do, damned if they don't''.

People complain about the state interfering in people's lives, then when they see thuggery like this, the blame they government for not doing enough to stop people turning out as louts !

The facts of the matter are simple: some people are just useless parents, and the children of these useless parents become future useless parents; the number of anti-social and morally devoid people in society rises exponentially, as people without values or fellow-feeling produce and raise more children in a similar fashion.

People need to wake-up to the fact that authorities have to intervene and take action, as early as possible, when sub-standard parenting is suspected. Either that, or you just have to accept that - as nature dictates - bad parents will continue to crop up and raise more anti-social louts.

edit on 8-8-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

link   
What?

All of this fuss over a police shooting?

Why can't these Brits be more like Americans who cower from the police following something like this, and later vent their frustrations online, in complete anonymity and safety?

link   
You cant blame them ALL for setting fires, some of them were doing the fire service's job while they were not there.
If they leave the COBRA meet till the morning, I fear they will do whatever they want about it by then.

Has the shop COMET been looted

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Clapham is kicking off now...

Man

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

If you had read my comments you would not be critical of my repetitions. There is a very serious situation developing and I will not be intimidated by thugs like as yourself telling me what to do. SPAM IS GOOD FOR YOU !!!!!!! AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS

It has nothing to do with this....no sex...wtf???
I did read it...it is off topic

I disagree with you. If everyone lived their life in accordance with PRAECEPTAE CAELENIUM [tm] then there would not be any need for armed police yet alone martial law. There would never arise such riot activity. I see PRAECEPTAE CAELENIUM [tm] as the solution to all these sociological problems and more. You probably never heard about PRAECEPTAE CAELENIUM [tm] ? New knowledge for you ? Learn it and live by it and then maybe God will let you into Heaven. Ignore it and refuse to live in accordance with it then you end up in the Nightmare of Hell. Obviously the City of London is becoming a Nightmare of Hell simply because the education system and the general media refuses to teach about PRAECEPTAE CAELENIUM [tm].

SHIMONO

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 8/8/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Y'all pc brigade I do hope you realise that this stems from the 80's when schools could no longer give out punishment such as the cane to unruly pupils and then the law changed to allow children to take their own parents to court should said parents admonish a clip round the ear, children are our future and welcome to the future.

Pandering does not work, giving free holidays, pc's, game consoles etc to help / persuade the young crims to stay away from crime............you just made life easier for them, gave them a reason not to be bothered about been educated, gave them a reason to not bother getting a job that pays what they want.......because they didn't bother becoming educated enough!!!!!

We........no hang on that is wrong, it is not we it is the policies made by weak governments of the past that have sown this field and the reaping has begun............marshall law anyone to quell this for starters, then the UK taking back its sovereignty and putting our own laws first before the EU and the World's idea of how we should rule.

Wolfie

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by freethinker123

I think govts historically have shown us that they learn lessons very badly if at all... the only time they really change is when change is forced upon them by the people. That's what we need to get from this. No more chronyism, no more collusion between finance and politics. A brand new, fairer system. I'm with you bro

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Im hearing that Wembley may also be having issues, Ikea store there said to be under attack,
The need to stop giving these thugs the Air time,

link   
Well my facebook news feed has completely gone, and so has my friends... think they are turning it off for a while to control the spread of riots?

link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
I was going to compare this to the LA riots but the amount of damage done is just overwhelming. It's amazing and horrifying.

This isn't a race riot either, even though most the rioters are black. There aren't gangs of black youths roaming around targetting whitey like with the LA riots

True. It has nothing to do with race. It's a youth thing.

It's time the yob culture of the UK was dealt with properly. Anyone seen the film Battle Royale?

Spread to Leeds now, it seems.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Im hearing that Wembley may also be having issues, Ikea store there said to be under attack,

The public need to know whats happening, its not about giving thugs airtime, its about warning the public to help people take precaution, let people know whats happening and hopefully give people time to prepare.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

That's what the news do.... anything like this, they just go on and on and on.
The media/news in this country has serious issues.

Then again if they weren't reporting it, people would be moaning too.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
If this was happening in my area I'd be sat in my garden with a strimmer. Try and rob or burn my house

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
What?

All of this fuss over a police shooting?

Why can't these Brits be more like Americans who cower from the police following something like this, and later vent their frustrations online, in complete anonymity and safety?

Although this was meant to be about the shooting, This behaviour is far beyond that, and this is not protesters but Thugs just getting there tippy toes in on the action,

Im so sad to see my City like this and goodness knows its us tax payers who are going to be paying for all this damage,

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

The public need to know whats happening, its not about giving thugs airtime, its about warning the public to help people take precaution, let people know whats happening and hopefully give people time to prepare.

Also if the media didn't cover this people who are anti-immigration would harp on about "liberal media" censoring non-white crime and rioting

link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Its spreading all over the UK at the mo.... i think Martial Law could be coming.... we'll all be locked inside our homes

link   

Originally posted by DSSONE

Originally posted by torsion
Panic over.

David Cameron has cut short his holiday and has just boarded a plane to fly back to London.

Word has spread and the rioters are now helping put out the fires and returning all the stolen goods.

Three cheers for Cameron,

hip hip, hoorah....

Haha...or not. I guess you were not one of the many pointlessly asking "where is Cameron?"

Everyone has failed in this case. The idiotic people responsible, their friends and families, the police, the rubberneckers getting in the way. It's kind of interesting to watch the event unfold live on TV, but then I suddenly reel my neck in and consider the damage that is being is caused to people, property, livelihoods, not to mention reputation and the image presented to those overseas. Let's not forget that this is not a protest for a just cause, it is criminal behaviour by some deranged ill-educated morons.

I'm ashamed and embarrassed.

I get what you mean, but it's almost hypnotic. I'm transfixed and aghast at the sight of my country beginning to resemble some middle eastern uprising... I have friends in these areas. I'm glad I had the chance to warn them because folks and media are communicating what's happening where. Currently what little police presence there is appears concentrated to specific areas. In some areas where it's going off there are absolutely no police at all.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Its kicking off in Birmingham now, all we need is the banks to go down then they'll have no choice but to get in the army & and it'll be Martial Law all over the UK

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join