It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Well as a Londoner my suggestion would be "STOP COVERERING IT ON TV" That's why half these kiddywinks are out there tonight! and i honestly think if there was less coverage then this would all end,

The fire in Croydon is looking really big, twitpic.com... this image from a BBC chopper above there,

I have to say that is an ironic way look at it. This thread originally started with the OP claiming a broadcast TV blackout of the riots. He was seeing reports on the internet, but nothing on broadcast news.

If they pull it from the news, then it will be seen as a coverup. Most of those participating in these riot/looting are youths, and they get their info mostly from fb/twitter/messenger thru their mobile phones, not regular broadcasts. The only way to shut it down would be it kill the internet & mobile network. Then that would open a whole new can of worms.

I just wish these kids did see this kind of behavior as glamorous.

OiO

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sicul2012
Diversity and multiculturalism are the results of the riots in London!

its not racist its just the TRUTH!

Like another member stated, this isn't RACE RIOTING. This is not race related. But hey, bigotry is cool, mang.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Someone's just sent me this link if it helps anyone...
maps.google.co.uk...,-0.055275&spn=0.114195,0.298691

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
If this was happening in my area I'd be sat in my garden with a strimmer. Try and rob or burn my house

This is the thing, can you even imagine the fear... the adrenaline?

S*** man.

I would be pissed off, pumped.... Imagine you hear it getting closer and closer.... smell the burning in the air, hear the sirens, hear the smashing of glass.

I would be there with a strimmer, a baseball bat and whoever I could call up and I would protect my area for sure.

The police can't cope, so we'd have to do it ourselves.

link   

Originally posted by zanoni7

Originally posted by DSSONE

Originally posted by torsion
Panic over.

David Cameron has cut short his holiday and has just boarded a plane to fly back to London.

Word has spread and the rioters are now helping put out the fires and returning all the stolen goods.

Three cheers for Cameron,

hip hip, hoorah....

Haha...or not. I guess you were not one of the many pointlessly asking "where is Cameron?"

Everyone has failed in this case. The idiotic people responsible, their friends and families, the police, the rubberneckers getting in the way. It's kind of interesting to watch the event unfold live on TV, but then I suddenly reel my neck in and consider the damage that is being is caused to people, property, livelihoods, not to mention reputation and the image presented to those overseas. Let's not forget that this is not a protest for a just cause, it is criminal behaviour by some deranged ill-educated morons.

I'm ashamed and embarrassed.

I get what you mean, but it's almost hypnotic. I'm transfixed and aghast at the sight of my country beginning to resemble some middle eastern uprising... I have friends in these areas. I'm glad I had the chance to warn them because folks and media are communicating what's happening where. Currently what little police presence there is appears concentrated to specific areas. In some areas where it's going off there are absolutely no police at all.

how long will they wait before sending the army ??? martial law to protect the citizens !!
has to stop, it's going mad mad mad !!
they are smoking too much hasj, getting completely mad !!!
in such situations nobody is responsible any longer, no police, no control, let it go, let it burn .....
it's getting very dangerous up there because nobody to stop the fools !!
edit on 8-8-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Itop1

I agree somewhat, I live in London and yes need to be kept up to date as this can affect how we go about our day or evening but i fear that the media coverage is giving the kids more fuel to there fire, Theres no reason for them doing what they are doing, as we are all including them going to have to be paying for there actions for many many years to come,

The money has got to come from somewhere and they will be the ones complaining when we have to have major cut backs ect,.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
im in London this has nothing to do with the shooting on last thursday this is just kids and teenagers causing havoc and robbing/looting. it has now spread to all parts of London and even Birmingham.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

If this was happening in my area I'd be sat in my garden with a strimmer. Try and rob or burn my house

This is the thing, can you even imagine the fear... the adrenaline?

S*** man.

I would be pissed off, pumped.... Imagine you hear it getting closer and closer.... smell the burning in the air, hear the sirens, hear the smashing of glass.

I would be there with a strimmer, a baseball bat and whoever I could call up and I would protect my area for sure.

The police can't cope, so we'd have to do it ourselves.

Where I currently live is populated by brickies and tarmaccers - Criminals would be running home in tears.

My next door neighbour used to be a professional Rugby player. He'd break these kids in seven

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JammyQ
Someone's just sent me this link if it helps anyone...
maps.google.co.uk...,-0.055275&spn=0.114195,0.298691

I don't know why I didn't think of looking for one of these. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Where I currently live is populated by brickies and tarmaccers - Criminals would be running home in tears.

My next door neighbour used to be a professional Rugby player. He'd break these kids in seven

Fair enough man.

Let's just hope it doesn't spread nationwide... and turn into anything more serious.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
reply to post by Itop1

I agree somewhat, I live in London and yes need to be kept up to date as this can affect how we go about our day or evening but i fear that the media coverage is giving the kids more fuel to there fire, Theres no reason for them doing what they are doing, as we are all including them going to have to be paying for there actions for many many years to come,

The money has got to come from somewhere and they will be the ones complaining when we have to have major cut backs ect,.

These "kids" which i find hard to believe because earlier they were reporting hand to hnd combat with police.... so they must be old enough to fight an adult, they are not busy watching TV, they don't care, they are out on the streets, in hundreds/thousands having "fun", like somebody just said on the news, there are people in london 300 yards from trouble that didn;t even realise what was happening, air time or no air time isn't going to make a difference,

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

5 to 10 kids with weapons will easily take down your rugby player. I'm sorry man, but that's just the way it is.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gooseygander

Why Moss Side??? When "other areas" would be just as likely

link   
reply to post by JammyQ

HARROGATE!!

hahahahahaha really!?????

link   
Its not about race, freedom or retaliation, its just anarchists.

To be cliche, Some people just want to watch to world burn, oh and steal stuff.

link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by zanoni7
Agree with your point about politics, at least in the case of most individuals. However what does it say of a country's social situation when it produces these kind of individuals? Years of social neglect while cosying up to the bankers was always going to have a price. This is a part of the payback. You reap what you sow.

It is a sad indictment of some of the youth in the UK, but the same could be said about the days and days of rioting by similar oiks in Paris, in 2005. So, I wouldn't say it's a problem specifically with British society. I think you'd see similar scenes in most large cities in the West.

The problem for any government, on issues like this, is that ''they're damned if they do, damned if they don't''.

People complain about the state interfering in people's lives, then when they see thuggery like this, the blame they government for not doing enough to stop people turning out as louts !

The facts of the matter are simple: some people are just useless parents, and the children of these useless parents become future useless parents; the number of anti-social and morally devoid people in society rises exponentially, as people without values or fellow-feeling produce and raise more children in a similar fashion.

People need to wake-up to the fact that authorities have to intervene and take action, as early as possible, when sub-standard parenting is suspected. Either that, or you just have to accept that - as nature dictates - bad parents will continue to crop up and raise more anti-social louts.

edit on 8-8-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

I take your points. I would point out though that stealing 1,000 bilion plus pounds from the social services to pay the rich bankers so they can take the p*ss some more is not going to make this country a better place. We need more investment in education and other social programs to help people become better parents, etc. How's that going to happen when the country has just been bled dry by a bunch of white collar criminals who are facing no charges and don't even have a schedule to pay the money back! All that with the help of our caring govt... I think we all know by now who the govt really cares about - those with the money and influence to buy it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

If you think people that post on message boards remain anonymous, you are very ignorant of the interwebs.
Sure, you can mask your IP address, but most don't take the time. These people are speaking out with great risk to themselves and their families.

Most people also realize that protesting, burning buildings, and looting won't solve a damn thing. In fact, it would only further the agenda of the globalists who want chaos so they can bring order.

ordo ab chao

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by allintoaccount
only one cure for all of this................VOTE BNP and finally divert the money and funds to white working class areas who have a lot more to complain about than these animals, VOTE BNP and get rid....

Seriously? If the BNP were what they claim to be, they'd be tooling up and getting out there to help stop this. But that aint the case. The BNP are just hate and mind games. Dont even consider them as any sort of solution.

This is just horrible opportunism.

Glad up here in Teesside there isnt any shops open with anything worth nicking. All boarded up and empty.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zanoni7

it is a conservative government - what do you expect? They always look after themselves and don't care about the minions, just sit on their high horses and tell everyone off like little children

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Hahaha apparantly so chap!

I must confess I didn't look at it properly, my eyes are very sore from staring at this screen since I got home from work.

Ona sad note, rumours on twitter are rife that the Catford Cat is no more.

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join