It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironsjack
where abouts in england you from mate?

I sent you a PM in reply, matey.

I didn't want to veer off-topic.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

I agree. Some sense.

The riots have no political dimension. This is about disaffected youths who have decided to act like morons because they think the world "owes them". These people have squandered a free education and don't have the courage or inclination to get on a bus and get a job. They want, want, want and are prepared to give sod all back. These people are leeches on society.

The original catalyst - that of a police shooting under the auspices of Operation Trident - has been lost in this mindlessness. In the UK the use of firearms by police is highly supervised and would not have been deployed lightly. Operation Trident focuses on gun crime. The circumstances of the shooting will (as is usual) be investigated by the independent Police Complaints Commission.

The fact that so many people on ATS now think the world is going to end and / or seem to support this type of mayhem is tragic. The police have arrested quite a few people and they should be processed like the petty criminals, thieves and vandals that they are.

Looting is not clever. Setting a bus alight is not clever. Firebombing the local pub is not clever.

Regards

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzazeI
reply to post by Noviz

thats coming too, ive seen many reports on food shortages across the globe, not to mention droughts. didnt they say over 29000 thousands of children died in africa these last 90 days?,

Oh lord we don't live in africa... we live in England. The vast majority of people in England aren't anywhere near to starvation. Just because children in Africa have tragically died from starvation it doesn't mean we all need to start looting PC World.
I can understand some of your concerns over the world but much of what you have said doesn't justify stealing carpets, HDTVs and computers.
edit on 8-8-2011 by Noviz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by wcitizen

I'm sorry, so you're saying you have a problem with the fact that if I get pulled over, the police officer can't say "hey 'n-word', gimme your license."

That bothers you....?
I think you've confused censorship with something a lot more simple.

I think you are deliberately misinterpreting what I said, and deliberately using a highly charged example. For the record, yes, I would have a problem with that. Any police officer who insults a citizen should be sacked, period.

If people would stop being so selfish, they'd take into account other people and their feelings, and if they took other people into account, they'd be forced to think before they act or speak, and if they think before they act or speak then they wouldn't be saying the things that political correctness stops in the first place. They should change the name from "politically correct" to "moral" or "respectful". You've never heard of words starting wars? Never seen group fights because the N-word was thrown around? Or because WT was thrown around? Come on now, political correctness is just an unfortunate phenomenon created by the LACK of RESPECT people have for one another.

The whole PC thing highlights the divisions in society instead of helping to overcome them. I don't agree with any of my fellow citizens being belittled or attacked by morons, whoever they are, but as has already been so well expressed on this thread, people are now afraid to express themselves even when their opinions are reasonable. The whole PC thing has been abused as a tool to suppress and silence reasonable criticism - which is one more part of the NWO strategy.

I think your point about changing the name to 'respectful' is an excellent one. I would love to see respectful speech become the norm....even though I guess 'respectful' may be a bit tricky to define. And I think your point actually illustrates why they wouldn't have used a term like that. The use of the term 'respectful' would not allow them to use it to censor people from criticising aspects of the status quo. Use of the term 'respectful' would not impinge on free speech nearly so much, and so would not fulfill one of the main hidden agendas behind the PC legislation.
edit on 8-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by brill
Also from the OP's post and some media coverage that I have seen there appears to be a lot of black youth. Sadly not a surprise by today's standards.

brill
edit on 7-8-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

Indeed, but that's because these are the poorest elements of London. This is not *yet* a race issue, it's a criminality and poverty issue.

I didn't realize just how bad it was, but I had a call from a friend in North London (where I'm originally from) saying that there were roaming gangs last night, randomly attacking anyone and anything, looting any shops they could get into, mugging people, fighting amongst themselves. My friends are getting out today and moving to stay with family further north for a few days.

My friends are certain that tonight will be worse, because the Police are not capable, or they're refusing to act. And now various gangs and groups have become emboldened. The Police have allowed this to escalate and given the criminals confidence, and everyone knows that they cannot Police every area of London.

This is now likely to take a massive Police effort to stop this from happening tonight, and it doesn't look like they have the resources to do it.

In the meantime, our so-called leaders are off on holiday. The mayor of London stated yesterday that he wasn't coming home. Only the home secretary Theresa May has said today that she is on her way back.

This is actually very serious. It might be a couple of hundred shops in areas of North London, but the more they get away with, the more will be out on the streets each night to get their free HD TV. If they don't manage to stop this tonight, and it spreads further, we will see them pull out the Territorial Army to bolster their numbers.

That's what we need though. This has to be stopped now, before it gets any worse. It will only take another night or two before it becomes uncontrollable and they'll need to start bringing in resources from other areas. Then there's the risk of it spreading to other major UK cities.
Mark my words, if this isn't over by Friday night we'll see exactly the same thing starting in Birmingham and Manchester.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
My last input for this topic, we need to get ready for backlash by the military when they step in.because this rioting/looting is not going to stop anytime soon.

you all have some good points and views and have me thinking somewhat. take care!!!
edit on 8-8-2011 by AzazeI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

The more I hear about this, the more I become suspicious. Looters are now a known tactic used by the NWO.

Who ultimately benefits from this scenario? The NWO because it provides the necessary rationale for bringing in military law. It's a strange coincidence that this happens just as the police force is being reduced.

There is a stench hanging over this.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
...........it might be a goverment agent provocateur!

It could be, if you really wanted to stretch things.

But I'm pretty sure they were just your common or garden chavs.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

you do not think for one minute that the police an military will not shoot people?

water cannons?

guns usually stop people pretty much where they stand.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by wcitizen
...........it might be a goverment agent provocateur!

It could be, if you really wanted to stretch things.

But I'm pretty sure they were just your common or garden chavs.

It has already been proven to be the case in recent peaceful protests which were hijacked by chav agents provocateurs. The question must at least be borne in mind.

You have a lot of faith in a government which is an obvious puppet of the NWO, and when the NWO modus operandum is so similar to what's currently happening and is known to have already been used. I don't.

ETA: I'm sure Sherlock would want to dig a bit deeper and find out more.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
According to the pictures, I assume the British don't like Curry...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
typical black/asian behaviour/not all there are exeptions, but you where warned
,and you still dont get it,watch the riots ohh sorry how un PC of me,protesting disposessed disadvantaged misunderstood youths ageing from 10 to 50 years old out rioting and looting and burning the place down,this multiculturism folks,do you feel enriched by this behaviour,i certainly do not,i dont care if people call me a racist for pionting this out but everyone is fed up and the media now cannot keep this secret because it is now out there for the whole country too see and be appalled at and see that this is what our future will be like living with these people on a daily basis.

The whole system in the uk is crumbling and things like this will become a regular occurence as these people now get more bold too do these barbaric acts against this country,question is what are you people going to do about this,the cat is well and truly out of the bag
again you all where warned and didnt listen.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Noviz

It doesn't have to be that way. Give people some credit, after all who do think is really running this country, it sure as hell isn't those idots in government, they are simply managing the purse strings or stealing from them which is something they are very competent at. If you ask me this country would be a lot of more efficient if we didn't have a government. They exist simply to line their own pockets and they just get in the way. Most people aren't stupid or uncivilized and are very well organised and I very much doubt an economic collapse would be as bad as some people fear. I guess we'll soon find out, because we can't continue like this and an economic collapse is inevitable, so we should now start preparing for the worst case scenario.

Belgium matches world record for longest time without a government.
www.dw-world.de...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
The distinction between a ''chav'' and a ''wannabe gangster'' is moot. Their actions and motivations are the same.

Umm... what?

Go into Tottenham and say that to a gangster. See what he thinks.

The real Sherlock Holmes would never be so inaccurate.
edit on 8-8-2011 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
it makes you wonder when we americans will have enough of the crap and do something similar..
not that i'm condoning that just saying

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by KDM_Souljah
,question is what are you people going to do about this,the cat is well and truly out of the bag

anything it takes to keep this lot out of Australia

it has taken 200 years to clean this country up from the last time they sent this lot out.

I am pretty sure we won't let it happen again

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
If idiots can riot over a death and cause damage like they did, Am I entitled to shoot anyone attacking my property?

I mean if they operate under that principle of 'please yourself', whats to stop me reciprocating?

...or indentifying them and going to smash up their car another night?

Fairly certain thats how things were handled perhaps a decade or so ago.

One thing i see as a real possibility is in the future we will be saying: "hey remember when there was an internet?"
edit on 8-8-2011 by Malcher because: adding

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Umm... what?

Go into Tottenham and say that to a gangster. See what he thinks.

The distinction is the ''wannabe'' part. Real ''gangstas'' are highly motivated by putting across an image of power and wealth. A ''gangsta'' would not steal an electrical appliance from a smashed-up shop, because it would give the appearance that he was taking it because he couldn't afford it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Well its not like just organising a few hundred people to live together and work through the problems... we are talking about millions of people. If we took over there would be chaos until either all the pillagers would die off or another government stepped in and stopped it. I do have faith in people... but I'm also realistic.
Also I expect Belgium still has some sort of government still in place running the day to day operations. It isn't really the same as forcefully taking over government and disbanding it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

semantics..

a criminal is a criminal.

label as you will

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join