It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Noviz

Maybe, but it has to start somewhere.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
we all know the riots are being played out by low level thugs , and petty criminals trying to make a few bucks, hell even some are doing it just for kicks .
Gang mentality , these people are bored out of their minds and just want to destroy things because the police cant control them and they feel untouchable and unbreakable, they are hyped and ready for action.

Lets drop the idea they are politically motivated , ideally it would be good if they had trashed the police station as a statement , but the riots were built on the back of the legal protest.

Lets take this however as an indication of how ill prepared the police are to handle any civil unrest on this small scale. Now lets project to the double dip financial crash which is coming soon to a world near you !

Lets see what happens when the UK is dropped into the second crash , and the cuts come in , and we are all paying £20 for a loaf of bread . At that point the government will have to be quite scared because if we riot for political justice and freedom from our bonds from the banks and big industry , we could easily destroy the financial sectors and government within days.

The worrying part is what would follow , anarchy !

Im more concerned that these riots in the short term are going to be used by the government to impose further restrictions on protest , civil disobedience measures will be heightened , military presence , restriction of freedosm , curfew . Then it happens police state !

edit on 8-8-2011 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

It would have been better if it started as a politically motivated riot in the first place. But I suppose some revolutionists will try and hijack the riots and claim that it's all because of blah blah blah.

reply to post by detachedindividual

Lol I love this post. It really would be nice for an NWO filter. The problem is people generally jump to conclusions and blame the NWO (or whatever you want to call it) without any evidence or it making any sense at all.
edit on 8-8-2011 by Noviz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Noviz

Yep you hit the nail on the head. This is what makes me so angry about those who are condemning these people as violent thugs, because when it comes down to it, they will resort to the exact same things in order to feed themselves and their families, and have no concern for their victims. I've seen some nasty stuff by so-called civilised British, in areas and cultures completely different and much more privileged than those in London. This country is only "civilised" because we are fed and placated with entertainment. When that's gone, we'll see people's true colours once and for all. Yes, there will be those who do their best to help others, but you can bet they will be the biggest targets.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Lol what a way to make it look like they have an excuse. Stop being so ignorant and you should in no way condone their behaviour (which I am sure you do not but your post does make it appear that way).

First of all people pretend that these riots are over some dead gangbanger and give an excuse that way but from what I am seeing here in London this is nothing but scum opportunists thieving and do not say that this is because they have no jobs! People who work in the stores are looting them and they have jobs! Daily Mail article.

Looting is one thing, burning shops is down is another.

The building in all of the pictures is a carpet showroom.
edit on 8-8-2011 by george_gaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Right!
I've seen these 'gangsta' types in their black limo's parked outside the school gates in broad daylight peddling dope to the kids, most of them have more gold around their necks than my whole family has ever seen.
Yeah, poor deprived suffering gangsta's........
You are a product of your environment, change the environment and you change the people, i saw this coming & left London years ago.
You will only get people's attention when there is nothing left to eat, by which time it will probably be too late,
in any case none of the big cities is going to survive, let's be realistic about this.
The only way from here is a huge disruption, hopefully people will learn to focus their anger on those responsible, ie the banks oil companies and most of all the government, and not on short term gains from looting.
What the hell use is a DVD or a flatscreen, their won't be any juice, & there will be nothing on the air.
If you are going to be forced (eventually) to steal, i would suggest tools, gardening stuff, & lots of seeds

Of course the downside is that this will give them the excuse they need to declare martial law & the beginning of a totalitarian state.
edit on 8-8-2011 by playswithmachines because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
MPs rob taxpayer via expenses system - Terrible error, they're awfully sorry and they'll hide it better next time.

Banksters rob the taxpayer out of millions - It was needed to help clean up their errors, tax payer has to put up and shut up.

Some youths, knee deep in poverty due to lack of opportunity to work for a livable wage, given a basic education while growing up on rough estates, riddled with drugs and common crime, loot a few stores, burn a few buildings and make the police look like twats - CRIMINALS! YOU WILL BE CAUGHT! YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS! WE ARE GOING TO HUNT YOU DOWN YOU SCUM OF SOCIETY!!

Enough said.

I get your point, but this is not a political point the scum out there on the streets of London are making, and MP's have been locked up for corruption.
Those looters couldn't care less about politics, or the bankers.

And I grew up in North London, we lived in a small flat in Enfield. I moved, I got a decent job, I now run my own business.
These people are lazy. There is PLENTY of opportunity out there, but when you're raised by parents who have less than average IQ levels, spend more time getting drunk than reading you bedtime stories and have no thought for the welfare of their kids, THIS is what happens.

How come an immigrant can come here and get a job within a week, yet plenty of our own citizens cant? It obviously not because the work magically isn't there when they're looking for it, it's because they DON'T EVEN LOOK.

I'm fed up of this lame excuse that people are victims of this society, it's simply not true. They're poor because they leave themselves in that situation to be cared for by the state. They make bad choices because they "want" rather than need.
I've said before that they're poor, but they somehow still manage to have all that gold jewelry, expensive footwear and chav clothing.

It's a BS excuse and I'm fed up with hearing it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
we all know the riots are being played out by low level thugs , and petty criminals trying to make a few bucks, hell even some are doing it just for kicks .
Gang mentality , these people are bored out of their minds and just want to destroy things because the police cant control them and they feel untouchable and unbreakable, they are hyped and ready for action.

I agree with this part.

It hasn't reached my area yet, but it's creeping this way.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
Hopefully in the near future, people will look back on this and thank these people for starting what will result in the reform of our government and policing. These people are doing something about it, they are not pandering to the policital correctness, they are not protesting in the way we are told to, which lets face it, is any way in which is absolutely NO threat at all to the status quo, and thats what needs to change.

Yet the ignorance of the British masses will look upon these people as nothing more than violent criminals who deserve to be locked up or dead, failing to understand, or even simply not caring, why this situation is happening. Most likely because they benefit from the corruption of this nation.

It is damned if we do, damned if we don't! - the whole idea for the NWO is to have set the stage so that the thugs anarchists criminals revolutionaries Islamicists etc will be able to tear down the system.

This is simply the NWO snake shedding its skin forthe last time before it takes its final form - they are getting the idiots to attack the old skin ie the bankers,politicians - the 'system' - in the same way they got the idiots to attack the old skin before ie the Church, Royalty.

They have set the stage for the complete collapse of western civilisation into chaos, anarchy, race and jihadi civil war - mostly through the use of PC multiculturalism. All they need to do now is too either pull the economic rug or start the ME war - probably both at the same time.

Thats it - game over, there is not a thing anyone can do to prevent it - you had better make some preps if you have a lick of sense!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Lol what a way to make it look like they have an excuse. Stop being so ignorant and you should in no way condone their behaviour (which I am sure you do not but your post does make it appear that way).

First of all people pretend that these riots are over some dead gangbanger and give an excuse that way but from what I am seeing here in London this is nothing but scum opportunists thieving and do not say that this is because they have no jobs! People who work in the stores are looting them and they have jobs! Daily Mail article.

Looting is one thing, burning shops is down is another.

The building in all of the pictures is a carpet showroom.
edit on 8-8-2011 by george_gaz because: (no reason given)

Woah woah woah... these people are really oppressed by their terrible government... they need their carpet man? what would they do without carpet?!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I live in Walthamstow, near to all of this. I accept that we have serious economic & social problems, but the mindless destruction & blatant criminal activity to & in my area makes no sense what so ever!!! Those doing this are destroying what little we already have. We who pay taxes will be left to pick up the pieces & BILLS for all of this.
We that work for a living have to save our money to be able to buy those looted goods & we have to pay to keep the same looters housed, fed, clothed, schooled etc,etc,etc......
There are so many important issues in London, UK & the world to protest about how can the shooting of an alledged gangster cause so much intrest, passion & upset???
We may not know the entire facts surrounding the Tottenham protest but for the criminals to destroy peoples homes & livelihoods without regaurd is typical of the selfish mentality that prevails in London today.
Society is a reflection of the government or visa vera.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Fight the government! Take out... a Foot Locker.

Che Guevara would be proud.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Not sure what media you are looking at, but it's been all over the news since yesterday morning and again this morning. It was on BBC news, Sky News and even Daybreak, as well as on all radio news on every station I flicked to to try to avoid the news. My partner went to London yesterday, and at 5.30 yesterday morning he looked at the news on his phone and said there's been riots in Tottenham. He was worried that he wouldn't be able to go to London, but it was ok where he was.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
You sir watch too many rap videos and think they are depicting real life.

I don't watch rap videos !

No, my comments relate to real life behaviour.

In real life, 'gangstas' don't want anyone to see what they steal because they don't want cops arresting them. Plain and simple.

That's not the case, because other types of lowlifes are involved in petty theft. It's about the image that shop-lifting or low-level theft would portray.

They know if they are poor or not, most all of them are poor, so they will commit crimes to increase their wealth.

The ''Gangstas'' I know of aren't usually poor, they are temporarily comfortably off because they are involved in crime which reaps large financial gain - until they're caught and have their criminally-acquired assets taken off them.

What do you think 'gangstas' are afraid to sell drugs because it makes them look like they are so poor they have to sell drugs to make it by ??

They are involved in drug-dealing because it's highly profitable, and are involved in store-raids for similar reasons. They don't go about stealing an odd item of electronics here and there.

I think that something has been lost in translation as your definition of ''gangsta'' is doesn't appear to be the same as it is in my part of the world.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noviz

Originally posted by ChaosMagician

reply to post by kindred

Well its not like just organising a few hundred people to live together and work through the problems... we are talking about millions of people. If we took over there would be chaos until either all the pillagers would die off or another government stepped in and stopped it. I do have faith in people... but I'm also realistic.
Also I expect Belgium still has some sort of government still in place running the day to day operations. It isn't really the same as forcefully taking over government and disbanding it.

We already have chaos. We just need to try something else or we look pretty dumb.

I wouldn't say we have chaos. Organised chaos but not down right chaos

There is a big difference in whats happening at this very minuted to what would happen if the government was overthrown.

we won't have downright chaos if global currency falls.

we have some people who still have their heads screwed on right.

Yeah a handfull of people may be sensible but what about the millions of people who will be scrambling for food?
A lot of people wouldn't think straight and would just want to fight for food. If no one can afford a loaf of bread... people aren't going to be like "oh well it looks like its grass and twigs for tea tonight..." more likely they'll be smashing windows and stealing the bread.

What I'm trying to say is that even if currencies fall, it doesn't mean no one will ever again have any way of trade or entitlement to what they are used to.... and even if it DID get THAT bad where everything just STOPPED, there's actually food all over the place. some of it might not be to your tastes though, but there is a wealth of nutrition all over the place. Take grass for example. I'm learning to do sprouting of seeds right now. You can do that inside, don't even need a yard. You'll have some of the worlds most nutritious food in 3-5 days. The chinese are famous for their sprouts. maybe you should ask all those Chinese people who have lived on the brink of starvation off of next to nothing how to survive if YOU think YOU can not. Don't be so sure about everyone else.

There's a perfect system all around you, but some just insist on maintaining an inferior illusion. What has been built was built for a reason and it was built to completely collapse.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I am from Hackney (East London)

I just came back from my local shopping centre and the door to the indoor shopping centre was smashed in. Also the JD Sports shop's front window was smashed in. The area was sealed off by police tape..

So i can varify that Hackney was also on the list of locations effected by the looting.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by nakiannunaki

What !

posting videos of UK hiphop as evidence of the reason why the youths of londons suburbs are the way they are is rubbish!
You cant blame these artists or hiphop in general for the creation of mislead youths.

Poverty and lack of jobs or education are the reasons why!

These artists are wrtiting lyrics about the illls of society , and are pointing out the satire in youth culture .
they are not gloryfying it !

Much like hiphop artist masta ace , who wrote the album slaughtahouse as a satire on US gang violence and the media spin on hiphop and gun violence !

Just so you are aware the videos i posted are not Hip Hop they are Grime there is a big difference in styles and genres.

Secondly they are not writing lyrics about the ills of society or pointing out the satire in youth culture..
They are saying if you come in to my neighbourhood i will shoot you and shank you (stab you).

Living in Hackney this is the attitude of most gangs.. they don't care about anything. They just want to be violent and gain gang respect by doing the most atrocious acts of cruelty.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by wcitizen
It has already been proven to be the case in recent peaceful protests which were hijacked by chav agents provocateurs. The question must at least be borne in mind.

Can you show me this ''proof''. Is it reasonable proof or ATS ''proof'' we're talking about... ?

I haven't yet found the link to the specific UK instance, but here's an article from the Guardian regarding a German agent who admitted that he took his orders from the UK, infiltrated groups, organised protests and committed arson during at least one protest.

www.guardian.co.uk...

I'll post more later if I have the time to look them up. You can do a search for the articles on the agents provocateurs in the G20 protests in Canada, they should be easy to find on google.

It's not that I definitely believe that there weren't agent provocateurs, it's just that I would need some credible evidence to convince me, not some half-truths or misinformation from anyone who has an anti-authority and anti-police agenda.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

What I'm trying to say is that even if currencies fall, it doesn't mean no one will ever again have any way of trade or entitlement to what they are used to.... and even if it DID get THAT bad where everything just STOPPED, there's actually food all over the place. some of it might not be to your tastes though, but there is a wealth of nutrition all over the place. Take grass for example. I'm learning to do sprouting of seeds right now. You can do that inside, don't even need a yard. You'll have some of the worlds most nutritious food in 3-5 days. The chinese are famous for their sprouts. maybe you should ask all those Chinese people who have lived on the brink of starvation off of next to nothing how to survive if YOU think YOU can not. Don't be so sure about everyone else.

There's a perfect system all around you, but some just insist on maintaining an inferior illusion. What has been built was built for a reason and it was built to completely collapse.

Oh no I am sure you can grow a good amount of food in the home... and yes there is a vast amount of food around.
But if millions of people all need food it'll go VERY quicky. Lets say you can live on one meal a day. 10 million people who need that. 10 million meals a day, 70 million meals a week. As you can see that is a lot of food and there will be a lot more than 10 million people looking for food. Just because it looks like we have a lot of food it doesn't mean it lasts long when everyone gets hungry.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Heard on the news that police are saying they will be out in force tonight - they have a plan! It seems to me that the riot police are able to contain protesters/looters/hooligans when they are pre-prepared, and have been told what the route of march is and where protest will take place. Well wake up met police - these people are not protesting they want a ruck and they want to loot and they want to destroy property - they are not going to tell you where they will be - and they're not going to turn up at your pre-arranged riot spot.

It beggars belief that the police are flagging up their response - its a red rag to a bull - all sorts of rubbish are going to be bussing in as I type to get a bit of the action.

London is already patrolled by 'youths' who think they own their turf - My 12 yr old nephew was threatened by a gang as he was off his home turf (he doesn't have a home turf - and all he was doing was walking to visit his aunt!) A whole bunch of 'outsiders' coming in is going to cause real trouble - the 'youths' already think they own the streets, with the right to pick the shops to loot, the police from their command and control centre in Lambeth seem unable to either command or control this situation.

I'm seriously worried about tonight.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join