It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 159
<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLookingGlass
has anyone seen this vid yet?

www.youtube.com...

any thoughts on it guys?

Already has a thread discussing it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10-8-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie
reply to post by zanoni7

Unfortunately, any given citizen of any given country probably feels the same as you. I'm American and I'm thoroughly disgusted by my own government on every level...city, state and federal. Corruption and greed seem to be prerequisites to governement service in all countries ans changing the party in power only changes the hands that steal the money

Too right. Not to go all '2012' weird with you, but perhaps we're in a time where the realisation of this is dawning on poeople; especially as the recession hits home. It;s my hope that in the coming months and years we will see a rebirth of global society that recognises we are part of a planet and that previous primitive nationalistic thinking no longer has a place in this world. We're in it together. We need to learn to share the limited resources we have.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

It was about the Mark Duggan shooting for... about 10 minutes.

After that, everyone decided they wanted new TVs and fireworks.

If this is about the police, why ain't they aiming at the police? Why they looting charity shops?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

my bad just wanted to know what people thought about it seems the news lady was trying to twist his words a bit

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLookingGlass

Definatley not your bad matey.

I wouldn't have bothered linking it but I was just revisiting that thread.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zanoni7

Don't forget that Cameron got his bike nicked from outside Tesco a few years ago. He has first-hand personal experience of the raw criminality of London, so I expect him to fully empathise with those from the crime-ridden council estates and tower blocks.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
On a more positive note, the vibe in the UK is a lot calmer tonight.

Maybe it's due to the weather. But also there's a sense this ship has sailed (on a large scale, at least).

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

lol. Must of cost him at least half an hour's wages to replace it... I feel and off topic mod out coming on!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

This is good news, I do hope that it's the calm *after the storm.
It has gone on too long and enough damage has been done.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Hey guys,
Been in central London for a few days now. An American on vacation (aka holiday for you Brits). The only thing I've seen first hand riot-wise are plumes of smoke in the distance while standing at the top of St. Paul's Cathedral.
It's been all over the news of course. I'll definitely be tuning in tomorrow when the PM makes his speech about the situation.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Why arent they aiming at the police ? I'd refer you to the original protest regarding Duggans execution on the street , they were aiming at the police, outside the police station . For a lot longer than 5 minutes.
But you'd expect the BBC to report that ? Impartially ? Dont make me laugh ...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gumshoe

Been in central London for a few days now. An American on vacation (aka holiday for you Brits). The only thing I've seen first hand riot-wise are plumes of smoke in the distance while standing at the top of St. Paul's Cathedral.

I hope you haven't been trapped up there all this time.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Has there been any travel warnings in the US about the UK? I understand there have been in a few Countries.

edit on 10-8-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by EpicKingy

My friend is was on the bus. The guy who was beat up was also on the bus. He was calling his mates to meet him so they could go back to recover his car and beat up some "blacks"......

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Procharmo
reply to post by EpicKingy

My friend is was on the bus. The guy who was beat up was also on the bus. He was calling his mates to meet him so they could go back to recover his car and beat up some "blacks"......

You know what is great about new phones?

You can turn off all the sounds, turn off the flash, and take someone's picture while looking like you are making a call.

Press button, get picture, get off bus, look at the bus's number, call the cops, forward them the picture.

Modern technology. It can cause problems, and it can solve some too.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines

Wow, sense of humour removal? Thanks.

If it wasn't anything related to the events going on, fine, but it was. Lighten up a bit? This place can be way too serious.

(if anyone wants a link to the image I posted on the chance that it might amuse you, pm me.)
edit on 10-8-2011 by robhines because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Please post on topic or not at all.

OK?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Please look at these gang maps.....You can almost superimpose the "riotted" areas straight onto them...

www.londonstreetgangs.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
On a more positive note, the vibe in the UK is a lot calmer tonight.

Maybe it's due to the weather. But also there's a sense this ship has sailed (on a large scale, at least).

It hasn't been raining in Nottingham since about 6pm yesterday, and there have been no incidents here last night/this morning. Then again, there hasn't been any really serious stuff here at all over the past few days, other than an unsuccessful attack on a police station last night.

new topics

top topics

<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join