It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 157
<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Thanks for all the good vibes people - together we are STRONG! You are my brothers of all colours

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Can anyone answer a question?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
Can anyone answer a question?

We're being kept totally in the dark by the media... I do know that they have completely toned down their reports. E.g. Croydon, all focus on the one 'dramatic' shop burning. No mention of the fact that virtually every shop had its windows done and that the streets are covered in loot. I have a post from 12 hours ago where a gun shop was broken into, South London area.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Are the riots still going on or have they stopped pretty much?

They have abated so far tonight, but I'm sure there will be pockets of trouble throughout the early hours.

Even then, it would be too early to say whether the longer-term trouble is simmering down. The very similar riots in France, six years ago, lasted for three weeks and affected 270 towns.

edit on 10-8-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Just hoping it is not some kind fo revolution happening..Thanks

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
reply to post by EpicKingy

, you dont know who big brother is ?

Its from the book 1984 , and it has been a TV show where 'big brother' watches you . Big brother is a well known phrase in england basically meaning the PTB.

If you want evidence of what I am saying there is a vid from Sky news reporter> just before it gets cut off you hear someone say "We're going to F you big brother" (its on this thread - somewhere!)

It described a mentality beyond that of teenagers, to me at least. And everyone here at least knows and understands what or who big brother is.
edit on 10-8-2011 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

Thanks for clarifying that, no need to get touchy though
definetly see what you mean now, reality tv and the views and mannerisms that go hand in hand with our big brother society today is a huge problem but definetly not an excuse.

Goodnight ATS

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zanoni7
Thanks for all the good vibes people - together we are STRONG! You are my brothers of all colours

Yes my brethrin, we need to keep these vibes strong!

Peace be upon thee x

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Procharmo
Because the BBC have people with degrees in the way people think. They do not want a race war.....Do you?

No, I don't.

I would, however, like impartial reporting of facts.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Cameron says some of us are sick . Yes we are sick of people like you mr cameron. We are all in it togeather. Says the bunch of thieves in parliment. They have shown us how to do it. Claiming for their second houses moats and anything else that they could rip the people off for. A great example mr cameron.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by zanoni7
We're being kept totally in the dark by the media... I do know that they have completely toned down their reports. E.g. Croydon, all focus on the one 'dramatic' shop burning. No mention of the fact that virtually every shop had its windows done and that the streets are covered in loot. I have a post from 12 hours ago where a gun shop was broken into, South London area.

They are not reporting anything because nothing much is happening !

The trouble-makers are scared little biatches who don't appear to be out in many numbers due to the widespread groups of citizens upholding the law in many potential trouble spots.

In many areas, I think they realise that their fun is over for now, and that the reward of getting a free pair of trainers is strongly outweighed by the potential arse-whupping which they may receive from a group of righteously peeved Britons !

edit on 10-8-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
Cameron says some of us are sick . Yes we are sick of people like you mr cameron. We are all in it togeather. Says the bunch of thieves in parliment. They have shown us how to do it. Claiming for their second houses moats and anything else that they could rip the people off for. A great example mr cameron.

I happen to agree with this.

Pillaging Criminals with nice suits, are still pillaging criminals.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

I got your point, Jono.

Thanks Sherlock.

The fact is that many young people - of all races - from these less well-off areas tend to hoist the white flag without even really trying, and adopt a defeatist, ''poor me'' victim mentality. If more of these people actually took a positive, hard-working attitude towards life and social change, rather than dwelling in aggression and resentment, then they could change their whole communities for the better. Sadly, a 42-inch plasma TV seems so much more important to some.

Totally agree.
edit on 10-8-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

Well they are moaning like fury about shutting the youth centres down , giving them little to do in the dirty smelly place that is London. It costs a whole dole check to leave that environment, let alone get back home again .
I dont think that is entirely correct, then. Have you tried living in a council block amid 50 other council blocks with crackhead nutters rolling round the corridors? You'd feel alot better about not going out for fear of being mugged or robbed , when there is a 42 inch screen to watch , behind your (metal) doorway.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Just hoping it is not some kind fo revolution happening..Thanks

Frankly my friend, a peaceful revolution is exactly what this country needs. We need to tell the govt that they cannot rob from the poor to give to the rich. We need to take our country back from the bankers. If Cameron is too cowardly to do it, then the great British Public needs to take over. We cannot allow our society to degenerate further at the hands of the rich and over priviliged. It simply isn't logical to look at the looters and ignore the society and govt policies that created them. I know we are a great country of wonderful people of all colours and cultures. We deserve better for a govt. This govt is just continuing where the previous criminals left off...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty

You said it mate - this is the REAL anger in the UK today, this is what the people outside the UK cannot feel the way we do. The hurt, the pain and the frustration of knowing you are being robbed blind by a system that gives you no voice and allows these scumbags to exploit their positions. This is the TRUE feeling of many citizens...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Ok, no hard feelings brother Jono. Help yourself to chips man , mustard is my condiment, when you mix them it makes a brand new colour>

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Fight...we need to all fight for the right to have the government pay for everything...the piddlin little dole check just isnt going to wash...we want at least 3 times as much each month,as wellas free everything else...if we dont get it,we will burn everything down,including ou houses...show you whats what

new topics

top topics

<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join