It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 158
<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by zanoni7
We're being kept totally in the dark by the media... I do know that they have completely toned down their reports. E.g. Croydon, all focus on the one 'dramatic' shop burning. No mention of the fact that virtually every shop had its windows done and that the streets are covered in loot. I have a post from 12 hours ago where a gun shop was broken into, South London area.

They are not reporting anything because nothing much is happening !

The trouble-makers are scared little biatches who don't appear to be out in many numbers due to the widespread groups of citizens upholding the law in many potential trouble spots.

In many areas, I think they realise that their fun is over for now, and that the reward of getting a free pair of trainers is strongly outweighed by the potential arse-whupping which they may receive from a group of righteously peeved Britons !

edit on 10-8-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

With respect Sherlock, they weren't reporting when it was happening... I hope things have calmed down, I'm just not sure they are going to go away so easily.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

The hurt, the pain and the frustration of knowing you are being robbed blind by a system that gives you no voice and allows these scumbags to exploit their positions. This is the TRUE feeling of many citizens...

I'm glad nothing like this is happening in the U.S.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
"It takes a whole dole check to move back home?"..what are you doing there to begin with?...get a life,or a job,or shut up

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
Cameron says some of us are sick . Yes we are sick of people like you mr cameron. We are all in it togeather. Says the bunch of thieves in parliment. They have shown us how to do it. Claiming for their second houses moats and anything else that they could rip the people off for. A great example mr cameron.

You said it mate - this is the REAL anger in the UK today, this is what the people outside the UK cannot feel the way we do. The hurt, the pain and the frustration of knowing you are being robbed blind by a system that gives you no voice and allows these scumbags to exploit their positions. This is the TRUE feeling of many citizens...

That is more like it no race debate anymore : alleluia

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I don't think David Cameron chose his words too carefully.

Describing pockets of our society as ''sick'' is going to be completely misinterpreted by the rioters who come from these pockets. They'll interpret his comments as a ringing endorsement !

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zanoni7

You said it mate - this is the REAL anger in the UK today, this is what the people outside the UK cannot feel the way we do. The hurt, the pain and the frustration of knowing you are being robbed blind by a system that gives you no voice and allows these scumbags to exploit their positions. This is the TRUE feeling of many citizens...

The working tax payers have been angry, at the 'benefits culture' we've had in this Country for far too long.

Families going out to work, whilst their neighbour sponges off the system, often having a better quality of life than the working person. I know people who are on benefits that have Sky tv, a computer, mobile phones etc all paid for whilst they weren't in work.

Then the banking crisis happened, tax payers got screwed again.

Those are the angry people that should have the biggest beef. They work hard, they get screwed.

link   

link   
reply to post by zanoni7

All they ever had to do was hit the financial district, by avoiding it they were allowed 4 days of pillage. Can you imagine if they walked down into the financial sector at Paternoster Square. Revolutions start there, for the whole world, these kids don't want revolution, they want iPODS.

link   
reply to post by zanoni7

Unfortunately, any given citizen of any given country probably feels the same as you. I'm American and I'm thoroughly disgusted by my own government on every level...city, state and federal. Corruption and greed seem to be prerequisites to governement service in all countries ans changing the party in power only changes the hands that steal the money

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

With respect Sherlock, they weren't reporting when it was happening... I hope things have calmed down, I'm just not sure they are going to go away so easily.

The incident in Eltham ?

Maybe not, but that has been the only ''major'' incident this evening. Even then, it was just a few bottles thrown and several people arrested.

Sounds pretty mild compared to a typical Saturday afternoon at the New Den.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
A black guy is shot by the cops.
Some black dudes riot.
The white media cover it.
Other black dudes riot somewhere else, and white dudes and Asian dudes join in.
Some Asian dudes are killed by black dudes.
Some Asian dudes may or may not come for revenge, while white extremists and blacks wait for them.

Yeah. This is nothing to do with race. Nothing to do with race at all.

Some of you need to grow a pair, and call a spade a spade.

It's neither racist, provocative, or WRONG to report the facts.

(someone tell the BBC that)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk

The hurt, the pain and the frustration of knowing you are being robbed blind by a system that gives you no voice and allows these scumbags to exploit their positions. This is the TRUE feeling of many citizens...

I'm glad nothing like this is happening in the U.S.

Me too - though I'm sorry to say I wouldn't discount the possibility. If you look at the UK, the US has many of the same social issues we do. Rich poor divide, bail out of the bankers, poor social conditions, ghetto cultures, etc. The same ingredients will inevitably cook up the same dish. I hope the US can take note of the UK and avoid this.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

I'm afraid it's only a matter of time. They'll make ours seem like little outbreaks of scuffles.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
I don't think David Cameron chose his words too carefully.

Describing pockets of our society as ''sick'' is going to be completely misinterpreted by the rioters who come from these pockets. They'll interpret his comments as a ringing endorsement !

Yep, Dave needs to work on his street talk... I notice that Nick Clegg got a 'warm' reception when he went out amongst the people (warm as in heated). Has Dave been out on the streets yet? Or is he safely at home in a heavily guarded Chequers or Downing Street? You can bet that his home was protected by legions of police, while everyone else was left to defend themselves. Sickening.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
has anyone seen this vid yet?

www.youtube.com...

any thoughts on it guys?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
reply to post by zanoni7

The working tax payers have been angry, at the 'benefits culture' we've had in this Country for far too long.

Families going out to work, whilst their neighbour sponges off the system, often having a better quality of life than the working person. I know people who are on benefits that have Sky tv, a computer, mobile phones etc all paid for whilst they weren't in work.

Then the banking crisis happened, tax payers got screwed again.

Those are the angry people that should have the biggest beef. They work hard, they get screwed.

Agreed. I believe people should have to work at least 2 days per fortnight in community jobs such as cleaning parks, helping oldies, etc. to qualify for benefit. If they can't be bothered to contribute to society, they get half the money. I once worked for the equivalent of 33p an hour when I was young and unemployed. I couldn't get a job that would have completely taken me off social at the time and was only allowed to earn £5 for 15 hours work before it was reduced from benefits. It was a video shop so I had some perks as a film fan. Because I took this job and worked hard I was made manager of the store and, whilst still lowly paid, was able to move off the dole. I only had a little bit more 'disposable income' than those on the dole, but I had a hell of a lot more self respect!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial
reply to post by zanoni7

All they ever had to do was hit the financial district, by avoiding it they were allowed 4 days of pillage. Can you imagine if they walked down into the financial sector at Paternoster Square. Revolutions start there, for the whole world, these kids don't want revolution, they want iPODS.

Agree with you 100%, the only cause most of these are fighting for is themselves. Like I say though, I don't think you can look them without considering the society that created them. I would like to see peaceful protests along the lines of what you describe. My cause is justice, I worked for my ipod

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLookingGlass
has anyone seen this vid yet?

www.youtube.com...

any thoughts on it guys?

Awesome, thanks for the link.

Priceless quote at the end:
"Have some respect for an old West Indian negro and stop accusing me of being a rioter. Because you want to come off as abusive but just sound idiotic. Have some respect."
edit on 10-8-2011 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
A black guy is shot by the cops.
Some black dudes riot.
The white media cover it.
Other black dudes riot somewhere else, and white dudes and Asian dudes join in.
Some Asian dudes are killed by black dudes.
Some Asian dudes may or may not come for revenge, while white extremists and blacks wait for them.

Yeah. This is nothing to do with race. Nothing to do with race at all.

Some of you need to grow a pair, and call a spade a spade.

It's neither racist, provocative, or WRONG to report the facts.

It's already been said, that is NOT how it is. The police execute someone, on the street, and EVERYONE is up in arms about it > that's London, in case you didnt know , word travels fast there.
Its not some sprawling metropolis where superman comes from , where no one knows anyone . It is a crowded community where districts stick together and look out for one another .
Its not all some gangland craziness as Americans may misunderstand . It's London > and London was not and is NOT PLEASED with the police.

(someone tell the BBC that)

top topics

<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join