It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 162
<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Here is an example of how the is NOT a race issue. I give it in the hope that we can draw a line under the spurious accusations that any race in particular is responsible.

My black friend assembled a group of around 50 people to peacefully defend a predominantly white community. I'm especially proud of this guy because if anyone has been subjected to a life of discrimination, he has... and despite this he was the guy who took the initiative to help protect the neighbourhood he's grown up in.

For me, that says it all. If he calls me, I will have no hesitation in driving 400 miles to stand strong with him and ensure the safety of those we care for, whatever colour they be.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

The judges are pissed off, they should give out much harsher sentences than if it was an isolated case. Morons bragging about it on TV are only going to make it worse for themselves when caught.

Hopefully the parents of anyone under 18 will be charged with something too, theres no excuse to have kids that age out during a riot.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

That is the point I was trying to make.... the Judges can only impose what the legislation states for them...

....the problem is the legislation is not tough enough and even if Parliament calls an urgent session to amend the laws applicable....it will be invalid if applied to the recent events....why? "at the time of the offence, the law at that time applies".

bugger... in this instance, it is just as well the Judge was bound by legislation.... might have been 20 yrs!!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
anyone listening to the commons debate?

If you haven't it is worth listening to. There have been calls by some ministers calling for more CCTV, government taking down videos on youtube and more controls on social media. Knee jerk reactions, threatening more civil liberties.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Normally theyd get somewhere in the middle of the available sentences.

I think the judge will be giving the maximum, Im glad there is a maximum sentence or wed have judges giving life for stealing a pizza like they do in the US.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Posted on BBC Have Your Say;

In the interests of justice I have supplied the police with the names and photos of the looters who made off with 1,000 billion pounds;

Tony Blair
Gordon Brown
RBS & Lloyds
Northern Rock
Bradford and Bingley
etc.

Unfortunately it seems that the police are reluctant to prosecute in this case... apparently many of the criminals involved have flown abroad.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by zanoni7
Posted on BBC Have Your Say;

In the interests of justice I have supplied the police with the names and photos of the looters who made off with 1,000 billion pounds;

Tony Blair
Gordon Brown
RBS & Lloyds
Northern Rock
Bradford and Bingley
etc.

Unfortunately it seems that the police are reluctant to prosecute in this case... apparently many of the criminals involved have flown abroad.

thats jokes, check out this link for a more serious allegation to david camerons rents

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

1331: Iain Watson Political correspondent, BBC News The government is exploring with the intelligence services and with phone providers whether it is both right and possible to disrupt or turn off social networks - such as twitter and text messages - if a disturbance appears likely.

BBC News

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

1406: Greg Hands, Tory MP for Chelsea and Fulham, says lessons can be learned from "excellent" beat policing in the US.

BBC News

Hahahahaha, oh yeah I bet! No pun intended there eh?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Here is an example of excellent beat policing in the U.S....or is that police beating?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Amazing new phone outselling baseball bats on Amazon!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Groups of hoodies appear to be heading into Manchester City centre from my area. I hope they aren't trying to kick things off again. I haven't heard of anything planned.
edit on 11-8-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I hope things don't kick off tonight, it's windy and easily could spread any possible fires and devastate much larger areas.
edit on 11/8/2011 by BarmyBilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The big wigs are in parliment talking about their future effectivness against rioters and how they can prevent citizens from covering their faces.

Im no politian but i say bring out the water cannons and blast the filth off the streets if it happens again.
( I no its hard for them to get the water cannons due to marches in N.Ireland)
But some is better then none

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by EpicKingy
The big wigs are in parliment talking about their future effectivness against rioters and how they can prevent citizens from covering their faces.

Surely banning the Burka would be a good start?

BB

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

How many people have you seen rioting dressed in burkas? because i have personally seen none.

I'm sure it will be aimed towards scarfs and masks,not items of clothing related to religon.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
But I still don’t get it why do people do this stuff in the UK, why did it start because some dude in a taxi got shot by the cops?
Very unclear.

It is very enjoyable to read whole the reactions about the title ‘Turks defens their area in UK"..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ca6ea786847.jpg[/atsimg]
Members of the Turkish community gather on Kingsland Road, Dalston

"Guess what i predicted few hours ago is now happening. Turkish shopkeepers fighting back in #dalston. We don't need the army!"

twitter.com...#!/donatman

Saw about 30 masked youths followed by about 15 Turks from the #Dalston neighborhood watch. #dontneednostinkingbadges

Well done guys! proud to be Turkish

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by EpicKingy

None your right but i figured they may as well discuss it whilst there on a similar topic. And not only discuss it, ban it!

BB
edit on 11/8/2011 by BarmyBilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

Are you saying they should ban burkas or non-muslim citizens from covering their face?

Personally i dont have a problem with burkas,i understand its their religon and im fine with it.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by lalande 21185

Thats awsome,my girlfriend is Turkish and she loved it when she saw your post.

new topics

top topics

<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join