It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dollar to Be 'Discarded' by World: China Rating Agency

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The tail is truly starting to wag the dog. China's no different than the middle east. If it weren't for the discovery that the middle east is floating on oil, they would still be riding camels instead of Benz's. China has been extorting their own people to large global, us-based corporations, marketing their lax human rights policies and cheap labor. In turn, they're now dictating global trade policies while they sprint their way to global super-power status. The middle east determines oil prices. What's next? N.Korea determines global etiquette for dance recital performances???

Red China can forget about this American ever bowing to its dictates. Oh, sorry, Red China. I sometimes forget that communism died when the wall came down. My bad...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a lot of you guys are putting blame on the large corporate companies that outsource the jobs to china. The way I see it is the true reason behind it is the people of america. would you work for $10 a week? would you give up your car/house/gym membership/shopping sprees.....to be able to bring back the jobs that were outsourced back to america?

also some of you guys make it sound like china is not a big buyer of American goods.China is the 3rd largest export partner of the USA, and this is only going to grow as these buying power of the Chinese society increases. What makes you think that China would not add huge tariffs on USA made products? Who would last longer in that situation?

From my understanding of the Chinese economy (personally I am a New Zealander, currently working on a project in China) the Chinese government is currently promoting a move into research and development from pure manufacturing, just like what the Japanese did about 60 years ago. This is a key opportunity for the USA. how it manages this change will determine the paths that both countries takes in the future.

P.S a lot of people here on the board seems to think that China wants to make low quality #. Some of you have to remember that a lot of the crap the China exports are made for foreign companies. The quality standard is according to the foreign company that invested in China. You get what you pay. I hear a lot of this crap in New Zealand as well. I just wonder why buy it? If you really think it worthless, just pay more. From my observations, people who say that are mere hypocrites, they tend to be the ones who constantly purchase Chinese made products. Personally I would only purchase Chinese made products for items which I know I won't be using for a long time, e.g computer socks, gendles...stuff that I tend to discard and change on a very regular basis.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sw847

P.S a lot of people here on the board seems to think that China wants to make low quality #. Some of you have to remember that a lot of the crap the China exports are made for foreign companies. The quality standard is according to the foreign company that invested in China. You get what you pay. I hear a lot of this crap in New Zealand as well. I just wonder why buy it? If you really think it worthless, just pay more. From my observations, people who say that are mere hypocrites, they tend to be the ones who constantly purchase Chinese made products. Personally I would only purchase Chinese made products for items which I know I won't be using for a long time, e.g computer socks, gendles...stuff that I tend to discard and change on a very regular basis.

P.S. II

A lot of people on ATS are the biggest critcs of China but they know nothing about Chinese culture and business, only about human rights and ghost cities.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Well then, the answer here is painfully obvious. Monday morning, enact the largest tarriffs on Chinese produced goods entering the US ever seen. I'm talking about hundreds of percetage points worth of import tarrifs. We'll see how Big Red feels about the US dollar when they're suddenly seeing scarcely any of them feeding their country anymore.

For the third time in the past 2 days, China needs to shut their mouth or it will be shut for them.

Cheaper priced goods from China are good for U.S. consumers. Adding a steep tariff would only add to the escalating price increases due to inflation. Wealthy people wouldn't be affected by the tariffs like those that are already trying to live on a limited income. Walmart and Target shoppers would be hit hard by increased prices.

We need to increase the prices on the unique consumer goods/services exported by the U.S. Maybe send a bill for our military services? The trade deficit is already a serious problem.
edit on 8/8/2011 by ontarff because: additional text

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

haha...guess its the work of the main stream media, the fear of the communism

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by professornurbs
I dont believe we are a Super Power I believe we are a Hyper Power.

We can't wrap up the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq against people using cold war era weapons, and you think we're a hyper power.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
After reading all 9 pages about how the USA can't win a war but China can without firing a shot your .

1. War of the Satellites, USA will knock all Chinese satellites out very quickly while only losing low orbiting satellites.
2. US B2 bombers will knock out 90% of all China's Power Plants/Dams within 72 hours.
3. China infrastructure collapse no power + flooded farm land.

=

Game over for China in under 72 hours for years.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by infuser2001
After reading all 9 pages about how the USA can't win a war but China can without firing a shot your .

1. War of the Satellites, USA will knock all Chinese satellites out very quickly while only losing low orbiting satellites.
2. US B2 bombers will knock out 90% of all China's Power Plants/Dams within 72 hours.

=

While all of that goes on, Chinese subs evade detection, and launch cruise missiles which also evade detection, and detonate over nearly every major city in the USA.

That is a war, neither side can win.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
So you actually want to be communist? Let me guess, you're 14 and live in the UK?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Israel has more nukes than China.......

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by infuser2001

=

While all of that goes on, Chinese subs evade detection, and launch cruise missiles which also evade detection, and detonate over nearly every major city in the USA.

That is a war, neither side can win.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
When will the world realize that the USA has been defeated by an enemy that never needed military supremacy, and never needed to fire a single weapon?

Once the USA is isolated in its decline China will execute their plans to destroy any possibility of recovery for the new FORMER global leader and super-power.

If you set aside your opinions on China for a moment, you have to admire the pure brilliance in their decades long plan to destroy the USA and China's rise to be the new supreme global economic power.

They can talk bold all they want, there isn't a damned thing the USA can, or will do about it now.

It's all over but the crying, someone start passing around the tissues now.

edit on 7-8-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

China is a paper tiger. They can't even build their own 80's tech jet fighter. They polluted their ecosystem to such a degree that they will be extinct within a hundred-two hundred years.

Besides American's don't really and never have cared about the whole "super power thing". We have always been arrogant, prideful and a stubborn nation(see Monroe Doctrine where the USA threatened war against any and all European nations that attempted to re-establish control in the western hemisphere after the Latin American countries broke away and became independent).

As the globalist's die off so too will their dreams. They realize this now and are paving the way for a great undoing of their evilness. They are just doing it in a way were their own children will be protected and the middle people will be sacrificed to achieve that goal.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
So you actually want to be communist? Let me guess, you're 14 and live in the UK?

wow...you really need to grow up. why attack me personally? why can't you just correct what I said wrong?

first of all, I am not 14 (although I wish i was), nor am I from the UK. I am actually kiwi and is currently working in China on a HR project.

just out of curiosity, where in my post did I mention that I want to be a communist?

to be honest, to me whether its communism, dictatorship or what ever the government is in power, IMO, the existence of a government is to improve the general 'well-being' of the society right? I am not going to argue with you in regards to how evil the communist philosophy is, cause it has failed in various countries around the world. Also I don't want to go into the what is communism and all that bullsh#t. but IMO the communist party in China has done wonders. coming out of 200 years of wars (whether its internal civil war or foreign invaders including the USA), China is actually doing pretty well. You can argue human rights and all, but to me a country has to have the basics before freedom or speech and all that. Yes they are important, coming from New Zealand, those aspects of life are important to me. But for isn't the right to education, food, health...more important? the improvements in China over the last decade has been tremendous.

Yes China has its faults, so please don't state them, I have heard too many. But everything takes time. Development of the society and government requires a long process.

The world does not belong to Americans, and not every country will/should develop in the same manner as USA. Accept that China has chosen a different path and is actually relatively successful (although it could be better). At least now there is no wide spread famine, violence and the majority of the country is getting relatively speaking, a decent education and health care.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Well then, the answer here is painfully obvious. Monday morning, enact the largest tarriffs on Chinese produced goods entering the US ever seen. I'm talking about hundreds of percetage points worth of import tarrifs. We'll see how Big Red feels about the US dollar when they're suddenly seeing scarcely any of them feeding their country anymore.

For the third time in the past 2 days, China needs to shut their mouth or it will be shut for them.

this is what i have been trying to tell people... if they want to talk smack on the US, impose a tarrif on every single thing that comes from china, hell anyone who wants to sell to the US.

you'd see them crawl back on their knees real quick!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Weathermen

Originally posted by professornurbs
I dont believe we are a Super Power I believe we are a Hyper Power.

We can't wrap up the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq against people using cold war era weapons, and you think we're a hyper power.

While I somewhat agree with you. It would only be fair to note that the main reason for this is that we're trying to play nice. EG. it's not a conventional war. We're not trying to cripple a foe. We don't have an enemy to conquer. The case is that we've moved into a society and said "we're not leaving until you are all nice to eachother and work together". This in a place where are several groups that have extreme religuous tensions, and see it as their duty to eliminate the "abomination". Namely, the other groups in "their" country.

In other words, it is entirely possible that we are there until every last one of those people kill eachother. Which would be, ironically, a true testimant to our power.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

this is what i have been trying to tell people... if they want to talk smack on the US, impose a tarrif on every single thing that comes from china, hell anyone who wants to sell to the US.

you'd see them crawl back on their knees real quick!

How much do we produce for the world compared to how much we consume? What do we (USA) uniquely produce that no-one else does? How can it be good for the rest of the world that we are using up all their resources? Resources that they could be using. What do they get in return for us using all the things anyone would find useful? Paper is not a resource. (eg us dollars). Nor are our bombs and planes and guns and boats and submarines and space shuttles valuable resources to any other nation on earth. So if we are not producing any good, to give our money value, AND we are constantly printing more money to further devalue it, HOW will it hurt any other country for us to stop giving it to them???? PLEASE ANSWER THIS

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
So if we are not producing any good, to give our money value, AND we are constantly printing more money to further devalue it, HOW will it hurt any other country for us to stop giving it to them???? PLEASE ANSWER THIS

EG. What value, does a valueless thing, offer a country?

Double post because this is shorter, and the post that's read is more likely to get a reply.
edit on 9-8-2011 by renegadeloser because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The Chinese Government...what a group of scum

They can talk all the crap that they want, we'll drag them down into the abyss with us. They know damn well once the canary dies in the mine, it won't be too long before everyone else drops dead too

Come China....dance with the devil in the pale moonlight

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Yep....

'Rome' is about to fall.........

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
How can you say: the new world order has lost or will lose, if the U.S. collapses??? I mean, really? See, in order for the N.W.O. to succeed...America MUST BE eliminated. And, do you know why that is??? Because America stands in the way of the N.W.O., achieving their goals. Once America is eliminated...and it will be...the N.W.O. can put the game in: "Check Mate"! America IS the key to all this. Why do you think so much $$$$ is spent on propaganda? And, why do you think it's taking so long? Keep in mind...the people in the U.S. are STRAPPED and would be the BIGGEST Armed force in the world, if they ever got together, in one accord!!!! That's a PROBLEM for the N.W.O.! a HUGE problem!!! I guess that's why they're taking away the loot, because they know they won't be able to disarm the Republic!

I also find it strange....that everybody seems so calm, while all of this is going on. No one seems to care about politics and politicians seem to be helping the agenda, by financially crippling the U.S. Once the U.S. goes, it will NEVER return to glory.

Question: What are you people going to do? Seriously??? Is now the time to panic or do you really believe things are going to get better; somehow, someway? Do you have a plan???

As for me and mine, i've been preparing for "Change", for the past 8 years; and for the past 24 years of my life...i've been training how to survive! My only concern, and the only thing i'm not prepared for, right now...is living without ELECTRICITY or power. I NEED my music!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join