It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have a relationship with the creator of the universe?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
You said, "I just wanted to make sure you agree with me on that. We are in agreement on something and that is good. That is progress." Progress to what, I am just saying what I believe, I am not seeking agreement
After all this talk, I was just happy that we agreed. To me, that is progress in this relationship we have over the internet. Maybe it isn't to you. That's fine.

I don't need you to agree with me and frankly don't care if you do. I told you, I am not trying to convince of anything, believe what you want.
That's fine. No problems with that here.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

. We know God when we have a common purpose by choice rather than force or an attempt to please.
Do you think I am forcing a relationship? If so, how? All I want to know is if this god is real, and if so, how can I get to know him if he doesn't actually speak to me?

faith or go to heaven.

and you are special, how?

you are not "listening," you want the aliens to land on the white house lawn.

i would go to the shrink if i thought i heard god talk to me.
:

be glad you do not hear voices.

his "plan" for me is different than his plan for you and everyone else.

we all have crosses to bear. god is not a political ideology as some wants to label him

as being unfair.

"believe in me! once seemed a good line"

is one of the most telling state of mind these days of people.

PEOPLE want you to believe in them. some you can, some you can't but do anyway and get burnt.

ant to human has no bearing on the diff tween god and man, it is not quantitative at all.

we did not make ants, ants are happy to do their job on this or any other world. (where the heck did that come from)

anyway, reading all this thread, he has spoken to you.

what he means and where he is steering you, is up to you to realize.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

I wish I could understand what you just said.

Alright, I'm going to bed. Got a busy day tomorrow so it will be later tomorrow night before I am back.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

You said, "I probably do have it backwards. How do you know you don't have it backwards though? ". Because if I do have it backwards, it doesn't matter because it leads me to do what is best for everyone and not be selfish. If I am wrong about God, guess what I wouldn't change my actions one bit.
That's great!

What would I do go out whoring around and stealing because all we have is the immeidate pleasures, that is waste of life. I have nothing to lose by believing in God, what did you lose by believing in him?
I don't believe in god and I don't go out whoring around and stealing. I don't need a god in order to keep me from doing wrong. Do you?

If there is no god, I lose nothing. I would have lived a wonderful life and then it is over. I accept that. If your god is real, I will be in trouble, maybe, depends on what you believe. In your belief, I may still be ok, which is cool. Now, if Allah is god, you and I both will be in trouble.

I don't want to believe in something that isn't true. I'm not going the way of Pascal's Wager and just believe in this god, just in case he is real. That's not true belief.

I want to know what is true and what isn't.

Dear Hydroman,

I didn't say that all non-believers go out and do those things, please stop trying to twist my answers. And I didn't say there needed to be a God for people to do those things, you are about as sensitive as any agnostic atheist I have ever met. I was pointing out that whether there was or wasn't I wouldn't change my ways. If "my God" is real then you won't be in trouble, nope, you get to pick your beliefs so you just get to live them, one is allowed to be one's own God, you just not enjoy it.

You say you don't want to believe is something that isn't true, that is cowardice, believe what you believe is correct because you believe it is what is best for all. You require absolute proof because you want someone else to then give you the absolute true answers, you seek to cheat on the exam.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Dear Hydroman,

Sleep well. When you do return consider this, I totally support you believing what you will and you will never convince me that there is no God as I had a near death experience and it was more real than this world. You could argue, you could "prove" things; but, you cannot remove from my memory what happened, can't be done. Not how I became a believer; but, pretty much sealed the deal for me.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

read it again, no offence.

it seems you want proof of a god that let your bro die and want answers why.

i looked for answers too in times like that.

i deleted my poker analogy, thank god.

but won't believe anything unless you see a talking burning bush or he gives you the ark.

thoes times are gone and now it is all in the heart. he did his job with jesus.

the old testament is gone, in the past.

it is all free will now, you can create destiny for yourself.

he is not your nanny as hard it is to believe.

that's not how he works.

we were children in the old testament, after jesus, we were adults, we are on our own to make decisions he would have before.

you will NOT hear the voice of god in your head.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Dear fooks,

I agree with much of what you said; but, having had a near death experience, I cannot absolutely attest to the last part. He just might hear God in his head someday and that is a game changer for just about all.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

thanks and true.

he won't hear him as he is walking around or praying.

NDE is a whole nother thang.

peace!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Dear Hydroman,

COLLOSSIANS 1:21 And you were at one time strangers and enemies in your minds as expressed through your evil deeds, 1:22 but now he has reconciled you by his physical body through death to present you holy, without blemish, and blameless before him – 1:23 if indeed you remain in the faith, established and firm, without shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard. This gospel has also been preached in all creation under heaven..........

COLLOSSIANS 2:2 My goal is that their hearts, having been knit together in love, may be encouraged, and that they may have all the riches that assurance brings in their understanding of the knowledge of the mystery of God, namely, Christ, 2:3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. 2:4 I say this so that no one will deceive you through arguments that sound reasonable.

COLLOSSIANS 2:8 Be careful not to allow anyone to captivate you through an empty, deceitful philosophy that is according to human traditions and the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.

COLLOSSIANS 3:1 Therefore, if you have been raised with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 3:2 Keep thinking about things above, not things on the earth, 3:3 for you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 3:4 When Christ (who is your 1 life) appears, then you too will be revealed in glory with him.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Dear Hydroman,

You said, "After all this talk, I was just happy that we agreed. To me, that is progress in this relationship we have over the internet. Maybe it isn't to you. That's fine." I do not seek agreement only understanding. If we are to have a deep relationship it must based on the fact that we agree to disagree and that requires that we believe as we do.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1king2rulethemall
Dear Hydroman,

COLLOSSIANS 1:21 And you were at one time strangers and enemies in your minds as expressed through your evil deeds, 1:22 but now he has reconciled you by his physical body through death to present you holy, without blemish, and blameless before him – 1:23 if indeed you remain in the faith, established and firm, without shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard. This gospel has also been preached in all creation under heaven..........

COLLOSSIANS 2:2 My goal is that their hearts, having been knit together in love, may be encouraged, and that they may have all the riches that assurance brings in their understanding of the knowledge of the mystery of God, namely, Christ, 2:3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. 2:4 I say this so that no one will deceive you through arguments that sound reasonable.

COLLOSSIANS 2:8 Be careful not to allow anyone to captivate you through an empty, deceitful philosophy that is according to human traditions and the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.

COLLOSSIANS 3:1 Therefore, if you have been raised with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 3:2 Keep thinking about things above, not things on the earth, 3:3 for you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 3:4 When Christ (who is your 1 life) appears, then you too will be revealed in glory with him.

Of course it says " I say this so that no one will deceive you through arguments that sound reasonable." You would have to deny all reason in order to believe something that goes against all understanding of the functioning of the universe.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
me? i don't care what he does.

we gave him plenty to think about.

i have my own problems, you ARE heavy and you ain't my brother.

"open up your eyes and you'll see all that you should"

you are cast at sea, deliverance is that distant shore.

go for it.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

I know without a doubt I have a relationship (albeit sometimes good or bad) with family and friends...

God isn't a person so He doesn't give me the same type of feedback, that's where Faith comes in, because I think He answers with deeds, not words.

Many people lose that faith, I understand, because I have come close. I guess I have been lucky or have done just enough good for Him to show me through actions from time to time that He is there

Just a quick story -

I have a 13 year-old daughter that has what can best be described as "mild autism", it is a chromosome deficiency. She is a real challenge, she has the body of a 13 year-old but the mind of a 5-6 year-old.

Anyway, when she was around 5, we sat down at the dinner table on Thanksgiving Day. Keep in mind she had never been to church, and neither me, my wife, or any family or friends had had any religious conversations with her before (that I am aware of). Even if they had, I don't think she would have got it.

Before we started our meal, I asked everyone at the table what they were most thankful for. When it got to her, she immediately pointed out the window, up in the sky, and said "God".

Those types of events in my life have solidified that faith in my relationship with Him.

Thanks for that, Mr. Signals
Right now my faith is at an all time low. I'm not giving up on faith but it's just really hard sometimes not to. I'm just kind of mad at God right now, so we'll see.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Thanks for that, Mr. Signals Right now my faith is at an all time low. I'm not giving up on faith but it's just really hard sometimes not to. I'm just kind of mad at God right now, so we'll see.
reply to post by maybee

I think we have all been mad at God a time or two in existence. I was so mad at him for years as I did not understand how he could allow certain events to happen. Its only after the events that my understanding becomes clear. Not because I shun him away....but I talk to him and tell him what is on my mind just in case he is having a hard time understanding my heart. For years I just wanted to yell at him all the time WHY??????????

Music seem to help me relieve some anger and make me think deeper about my relationship of understanding, so does reading. Its only when I began putting pieces to the puzzle together, searching for answers, and reading a lot did I start to understand our Creator a little bit more.

As Fooks said above....the days are over where he interfered. We are basically on our own unless our will is so strong that someone on the other side does indeed interfere. There are laws there too. We have to understand ourselves, the Universe, and our Spirit before we can actually understand God. We have a lot of knowledge just waiting to be discovered. Seek with everything you do and you will eventually be better than you was before in your faith (love) for God.

Peace and love to you and yours!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxox

Jenn

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Hey Jenn, I love reading your Heart's knowing on all this---Me too, I agree---

I have a relationship with God, but so does everyone, some just do not realize it. God is Life Itself, and Is All That Is--- there is nothing else or anything 'other' than God from which all things arise, appear, exist. Existence Itself is the 'evidence of God's Being'. It is something like when the quantum physicist finds Unseen energy by measuring the 'wave' that energy leaves behind. This (so called) tangible world is like the wave, or shadow, or images causes by or 'left behind' the Divine Unseen Oneness that is actually right here and now, seen as this world experience we call 'living'.

There is no death, because our Real Identity is not in the 'passing moving, changing wave/tangible scene' but our Real Identity is Spirt, Unseen, we are the Infinite Love of God's Living Light, we are God's Awareness of Its Self. We are God's Self Awareness of All That God is (which is everything thing that is or was or could be, imagined and unimagined).

This Life we experience right here and now even as we write or read these words is God's Awareness, The Light of God's Awareness is this light right here in your eyes, everywhere, God is knowing and being and living this experience of Itself; we are God's 'expressions' we are God's Light in-formation, or Light Information. I see My Self as The Child of God; God and God's Awareness. And God cannot be without Its Self Expression, because That Awareness is what makes God Whole and Total, It must include All That Is, God Is Divine Mind, Mind cannot be Mind without Awareness--- God is Omnipotent Mind, Consciousness-- Nothing can be outside of This One Uncaused Cause--- you are in relationship with God because the fact you know you exist as God's Awareness-- you are aware, that is a fact.

God has no beginning and no end, and therefore Its expressions within Its Awareness have no end either--- God and God's Awareness are One, you cannot separate them, and Godhead is greater than the sum of its parts, but It must include all of Itself to Total because God is Mind, Mind creates 'thoughts, ideas, things' as this world or universe ---

This is why Jesus said "I and My Father are One, but My Father is greater than I. It is wrong to get any impression that you are God, but to understand that God is being all that you are---there is a difference--- We are the image and likeness of God, we are God's Living Word, we are God's Unseen Light of Awareness that is faster than this tangible limited light we see.

So, we are in relationship with God no matter how much we might deny it. It is wonderful to See who we are, and then the world becomes this Glorious Wonderful Mystery of Delight and yes we feel this Living Faith that abides in a deep and profound Knowing---beyond a shadow of doubt, because we know and know we know, there is no more fear, it just vanishes, fearless we Live Again, really, like being 'reborn' or resurrected from the 'old scary view'---We live again as a free man, free from fear--- Little by little, precept upon precept, one day there comes this Genuine Understanding and with It a great relief and joy and peace and wonder and amazement for this most marvelous mystical wonder of Being. God is All---

God does not require us to be very smart or educated or know the bible, or be of certain religion, or any religion, (perhaps even better) no requirements for having to know much of anything in order to 'find Him'---All we have to do is trust that God Is All and God This Life being all that Is--- God is here, inside us, out side of us and to find our Childlike innocence, allowing for the illogical and the Wonder and Faith that is beyond humanity's complex arrogance, human ego and non-belief, or stuck in the rut of ridged concepts---
we let go the "old man" and we are born again, right here, we Live Again fully, richly, fearlessly---

We brake out and brake into The New Day, Heaven is Here, right now---It does take a Childlike Trust in God's Allness--- for me That seems essential --- that is what helps us the most to know God.

I still want to introduce you to a wonderful book titled "The Child Within Us Lives! A Synthesis of Science, Religion, and Metaphysics" By William Samuel--- It is brilliant and sort of a guide through these days of upheaval--- It is available on Amazon-- I recommend 'everyone' reads it.

Much Love, Sweet Mystery,

edit on 6-8-2011 by Sweetmystery because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2011 by Sweetmystery because: needed more clarity

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

My friend, I have a very personal relationship with the father who art in heaven. How do I distinguish his voice from my own? I listen to you.

Just as I am within the father and the father within me, so to is he within you. The way I prove God exists to others, I answer their prayers out of love for them.

Are you your Brothers keeper?

With Love,

Your Brother
This makes absolutely no sense to me.

If it makes no sense to you, then it is not yours to understand.

Why must we insist on understanding each other? Each of us have a world view that is as unique as our fingerprints. There is no right or wrong, merely different world views. No one knows the answers to all. So, why not figure out how to just enjoy the ride? Why not simply help each other to have as much as this world has to offer?

Of course, if that does not make sense to you, then it isn't your calling based on your experience. Do what you must and follow your own light.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

My friend, I have a very personal relationship with the father who art in heaven. How do I distinguish his voice from my own? I listen to you.

Just as I am within the father and the father within me, so to is he within you. The way I prove God exists to others, I answer their prayers out of love for them.

Are you your Brothers keeper?

With Love,

Your Brother
This makes absolutely no sense to me.

If it makes no sense to you, then it is not yours to understand.

Why must we insist on understanding each other? Each of us have a world view that is as unique as our fingerprints. There is no right or wrong, merely different world views. No one knows the answers to all. So, why not figure out how to just enjoy the ride? Why not simply help each other to have as much as this world has to offer?

Of course, if that does not make sense to you, then it isn't your calling based on your experience. Do what you must and follow your own light.

With Love,

Your Brother

Finally a sigh of relief from the usual scrapping on the forum lately...

Well said bro

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Every now and then my breath is taken away by someones post, this is one of those times. Sometimes you have a way of just cutting right through the bs.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

While the OP may have been a little less than truthful and may have been a little bitter, I don't think he was particularly nasty and I do not think the thread has been too confrontational. Hope you are well.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
I am going to say this and I mean absolutely no disrespect...

Most of the time (during debate), Christians (believers) often do exactly what you just did: talk in bronze age parrables.

I am not here to debate, I am merely sharing my point of view. I am not a Christian. I not only speak in parables, I also am able to explain those parables in a way that even a child can understand them. There is no disrespect felt in your reply.

Originally posted by ButterCookie
You do this because you are merely repeating (from memory) these type of speach as heard from a minister/preacher. And you are quoting biblical scriptures, which were translated for into that type of language to be understood by the people of that era.

Perhaps a stroll through my posting history will reveal to you just how wrong you are about me. Perhaps if you simply asked for clarification of my points rather than look for a box you can put me in that you can readily dismiss, you would then get an understanding of what I really know and understand about what I share.

Don't judge me until you know who I am my friend. I don't do it to you.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 6-8-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join