It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have a relationship with the creator of the universe?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Your answer mr XYZ should have been 'I understand your belief, I hope and will try to be a positive force'.

The problem with the world is all the finger pointing, angry, spiteful, disrespectful antagonism we humans (myself included) add to the world.

Just love your fellowman as yourself......

edit on 8/5/2011 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
reply to post by MrXYZ

Your answer mr XYZ should have been 'I understand your belief, I hope and will try to be a positive force'.

The problem with the world is all the finger pointing, angry, spiteful, disrespectful antagonism we humans (myself included) add to the world.

Just love your fellowman as yourself......

edit on 8/5/2011 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

I won't stop him from believing whatever he wants, it's his right, and I respect that. At the same time, he came to a DISCUSSION forum and made claims that are demonstrably wrong. Last I checked, it makes sense to point that out on a discussion forum

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
You couldn't stop him from believing whatever he wants, that's the point. Just try to find some common positive thread and treat this man as yourself. What a world it would be if we could all do that......

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

No, it does say that all can be saved.

I didn't say that all could not be saved. When I was a christian, I believed anyone could be saved, as long as they believed that god came down in the form of a man, died for us, rose again on the third day as a sacrifice of himself to himself. I believed that without the shedding of blood, there could be no forgiveness of sins.....which I find to be quite silly now. I believed that if you accepted what Jesus did for you and believed in him, you would receive eternal life, just as the bible states.

All I am showing you is who it says will NOT be receiving eternal life. It is right there in the bible, what you claim to be god's word. It is NOT me saying it. It is the bible. I'm not the one changing words around. I'm not the one saying that adulterers, fornicators, murderers, thieves, liars, etc. will not receive eternal life. That's what the bible says, not me. I'm not the one saying that the path to life is narrow and few are those who find it. I'm not the one saying that the path to destruction is broad and many are those who find it. That's what the bible says, not me. Are you saying that as long as you don't do those bad deeds, and live a good life, you can still go to heaven even if you don't believe in Jesus or what he did? That would be great, though I don't see that anywhere in the bible. You are free to interpret it however you want.

It is MY belief, that if this god is real, that everyone should receive eternal life. I think it is RIDICULOUS that anyone should have to be tortured FOREVER because of what they did in this SHORT earthly life, especially as we live in this flesh body.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
While looking somethings up , the Good Lord showed me something.

(19) Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

This brings up an interesting point. Heaven will be like earth in a way. There will be classes of citizens there, like on earth. There is the Upper Class, Middle Class, and Lower Class here in the United States. Heaven will be similar, as there will be people who will be called Great and people who will be called Least. Man, that would suck being called Least for all eternity. At least on earth you have a chance to move up in classes. I wonder if the neighborhoods up there will be divided up in Great and Least neighborhoods. Maybe there is even a heaven Ghetto for those who were really poor christians. That would be awesome, for all eternity. But again, it could be worse. You could be tortured forever in fire instead.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

It is MY belief, that if this god is real, that everyone should receive eternal life. I think it is RIDICULOUS that anyone should have to be tortured FOREVER because of what they did in this SHORT earthly life, especially as we live in this flesh body.
reply to post by Hydroman

This was my thinking too....a long time ago. This is the way I SEE IT....Me.

I see it as negative and positive forces.....good and evil. We live in a "time realm" filled with all kinds of possibility. This Earth inhabits a lot of energy that is negative. The good energy shall win over the negative.....period. This is the law.

We have an eternity to perfect in the positive. We are also perfecting many other things in "time". Where should all the negative energies go that will never be capable of positive energy? They are transformed into a state of being that is not a pretty one....it is bound with chains and fire. This state will too be transformed..IF the energy accepts the change and or wants it.

You do realize there are very negative spirits....correct? They do not fit in the Heavenly realm.....they cannot reside there. Every thing has a reason and a season.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I think if you let go of the contradictions in the Bible and see them as man made....take what speaks to your heart as Truth....you will find that you are connecting to the Spirit of Life (God). Have you ever watched the Spirit Science videos or tried to relate to God on HIS level? He is the Master of all Scientists and Geometry.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

We have an eternity to perfect in the positive. We are also perfecting many other things in "time". Where should all the negative energies go that will never be capable of positive energy? They are transformed into a state of being that is not a pretty one....it is bound with chains and fire. This state will too be transformed..IF the energy accepts the change and or wants it.

You do realize there are very negative spirits....correct? They do not fit in the Heavenly realm.....they cannot reside there. Every thing has a reason and a season.
No, I don't know anything about negative spirits, or positive spirits. I don't even know what a spirit is.

How can you contain energy in chains and burn it with fire? How would fire injure energy? Say "injure energy" 5 times as fast as you can.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

....take what speaks to your heart as Truth....you will find that you are connecting to the Spirit of Life (God).
Does this work for all sacred texts or just the bible?

Have you ever watched the Spirit Science videos or tried to relate to God on HIS level? He is the Master of all Scientists and Geometry.

Yes, I saw the video a long time ago. It is speculation, but a neat idea nonetheless. Doesn't prove anything. There may be scientific explanations for those occurrences. I should look in to that deeper.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Well, I see that this thread is already 23 some pages long, and I don't have time to read all of the replies, so I will just reply to you.

I too was like you, raised in a Christian home, my Mom was about as fundamental as you can get. I went to Sunday School. and all that, saw the tent Revivals, and even met Oral Roberts one time. I was always told that It was my destiny to be a preacher, and, for a time I believed that.

There came a time I have a few questions for the preacher, and he kindly patted my head and told me to read the Bible, that all my answers would be found in there. He didn't know me very well, I read it, and took notes, and when I can back I have a great many questions instead of just a few.
It ended bad and I left the Church forever.

Year later I discovered that yes, there is a First Creator Father and Mother, and in time I formed a warm, family style relationship, I even call then Mom and Dad sometimes. Dad supplies all of the Power, and Mom distributes it very wisely for all of us, Her children.

The fake, made up Gods are Aviators only, the only power they have is what people give them, the same goes for a nice home, or a hot car, one puts love and belief into it, and it performs to one's satisfaction. Most of the time.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

This video is really cool....makes you think.

With all texts I (me) do take what speaks to my heart as true and leave the rest. At a later date....I may find that something I let go was a good thing....or possibly can understand it better a later date per something I read or watched that clicked on like a light bulb. Make sense? All ancient texts are hand me downs.... imo. There is Truth to them....and there is false in them..... What rings true to you though is what is important as this is a journey to learning and understanding not only yourself but the creator.

How could a spirit be bound by chains and fire? I believe it is because they are neither dead or alive at this point....more dead if you will. They feel what is going on just as we feel in the Heavenly realm. Emotionally charged by what we are (positive or negative/Loving or fearful (which is the opposite of love). Make sense?

Let me ask you this...what is our DNA? What does it consist of....ya know....what do we "know" about it?

What is Energy? What do we "know" about it.

In order to connect at a higher level....you have to allow yourself to get out of the dogma religion has instilled in you. Come back to the Bible at a later date when you have a better understanding of this world and what it is made of....what we are and are made of. It will begin to connect to your spirit where as you can go back to the Bible and see it from another angle....not an "Earthly" one.

Your spirit is the Life of Love. If it does not resonate in that manner....make it.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

I was always told that It was my destiny to be a preacher, and, for a time I believed that.
Me too, lol. As a teenager, I was "prophesied" over several times at different churches that I would be a preacher and lead many to god. I think what really happened is that these pastors saw me during the worship part of the service, and that I was "on fire for Jesus" so they went with it.

Originally posted by autowrench
Year later I discovered that yes, there is a First Creator Father and Mother, and in time I formed a warm, family style relationship, I even call then Mom and Dad sometimes. Dad supplies all of the Power, and Mom distributes it very wisely for all of us, Her children.
I have the same, they live about 5 minutes down the road from me.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

HAHAHA.....I had the same experience. Preachers never liked me....I am sure my Bible teacher will never forget me as I went to a private school for a while. Church of Christ!!!! They hated my questions. I had to sit outside the classroom a lot. Here is the thing though...at least we were on fire for Jesus and asked.....who wants to be a follower. We get the love...we seek it....want more....and we receive it. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

All ancient texts are hand me downs.... imo. There is Truth to them....and there is false in them..... What rings true to you though is what is important as this is a journey to learning and understanding not only yourself but the creator.
So what rings true to you may not ring true to someone else and could possibly even ring false to them? I guess that's why there's so many different beliefs.

How could a spirit be bound by chains and fire? I believe it is because they are neither dead or alive at this point....more dead if you will. They feel what is going on just as we feel in the Heavenly realm. Emotionally charged by what we are (positive or negative/Loving or fearful (which is the opposite of love). Make sense?
Not at all.

Let me ask you this...what is our DNA? What does it consist of....ya know....what do we "know" about it?
It consists of pairs of chromosomes which have genetic information passed down from our parents. That genetic information is what makes us look the way we do, sound the way we do, etc.

What is Energy? What do we "know" about it.
There are two forms of energy, Kinetic and Potential. Kinetic energy deals with things that are in motion, like swinging a baseball bat. Potential energy, or stored energy, is the ability of a system to do work due to its position or internal structure, like a loaded spring.

Your spirit is the Life of Love.

So "spirit" is the life of love? What exactly does that mean? Can all animals have spirits?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

Essenes shmessenes! The bull piles up fast and high when trying to peddle arcana. Please, this is not any personal attack. I'll just add that I was a God-fearing soul for 50 years or so until He granted absolution to the entity that was "me". Now I'll never return, never reincarnate, never hate, never engage in warfare. The forces of evil daily torture this fleshy residue that once housed a "soul" ie. demon. Evil is really quite exasperated: it secretly assails the flesh, painfully cognizant that it cannot launch any successful public assault on my good name. And isn't that what it was all really about, hmmm? Yes, I am certain of it.

Right now, I don't think the entire human race, past to present, plus its array of crafted treasures is worth even a farthing. The tune I'm whistling from here on out is Good Freakin Riddance. Unlike others who foolishly swooned for the Devil's wiles, I know to fear nothing whatsoever from that dirty despot. He batters me with the stick from behind. But I'm all-too-keenly aware that the carrot ahead is illusory, perfidy, betrayal awaiting. You have heard from the extremely enlightened this day, my friends.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by aerie60
You have heard from the extremely enlightened this day, my friends.
Ummmmmm.......thank you?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Dear Hydroman,

All you are doing is repeating the bad religion you were taught and misreading the bible as the fundamentalists do. That is what you are doing. It says that there is only one sin that cannot be forgiven, you recite way too many, more than one. You misunderstand sin, salvation and God. You misunderstand the purpose of life, it is not club med and believers get the hard way, not the easy.

Do you not know the story of the thief who was on a cross next to Jesus and was told he would see his salvation and be saved? Why do you insist on not seeing the good word and focus on sin? All sin and all can be saved, that is what the bible says. You referred to God as Santa Clause because that was how you viewed him, someone who if you perform a ritual for and ask nicely will give you the result you want and it doesn't work like that.

One of my best friend's 40 year old son was dying from cancer. It was horrible. My friend practically lived at the hospital with his son. The time had come for his son to go, I had seen it before and had explained to my friend how his son would know it was time and let him know that it was time, I saw it when my dad died in my arms and with an aunt who passed on. Just before the time came, my friend had a very short and very clear interaction with the divine, he told me about it at the time. He knew that being free of this world was what was best for his son. His son let him know that he was ready, he couldn't stand to see the toll that it took on his parents and family any longer.

Now you could tell my friend that it was all in his mind, I would not be happy with you if you did; but, you can certainly believe such a thing. You have anger because you did not have one of these experiences and ridicule those who did. Your faith was weak because your understanding is not solid rock. If God were the way your perceive him than there would be no hope; but, fortunately you are wrong, God is not Santa Clause or a giant babysitter.

You mentioned that it says that if we pray to him we will get what we want; but, that is the most silly reading of the bible. You cannot reconcile it with the rest of it. Firstly, for your prayers to be answered as you wish, you have to be of a heart like Jesus and you were not and works don't make it so, it has to be from the heart. If you have a heart like Jesus, if you want what is best then you have to accept that he knows what is best. You should pray for what is best, not what results you want. For all works towards his plan. Do you think that if I get together with three people who believed as you did that if we prayed for my ex to be struck with cancer that he would do so just because we performed the ritual you described.

You mentioned how you believed we received salvation by doing a little ritual of knowing the name, believing he lived and died for our sins and whatever. That is not the truth, that is the garbage that is taught by bad pastors who call themselves Christians and have no love in their heart and then you ask me to say I believe in the stupidity that you were taught, I cannot defend them, I condemn them for misleading the sheep. Do you not know what will happen to them, they will have to pay a price for it, the bible says so. You wonder why there are so many christians who do not live it, it is because they are christians in name only, I call them other names.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

It is not proof I expect you to accept without experiencing it yourself.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

It is ridiculous to say that God/Jesus will torture you forever because you disbelieve.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ren1999

It is ridiculous to say that God/Jesus will torture you forever because you disbelieve.
I agree.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join