It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perhaps we never die?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamsession
what if the guy who dies (there's no cheating involved, he happens to die) in his original realm and is a candidate of infinite life ages up to the point of the ordinary human life expectancy? he lives until his 90's, 100's (whoah). he has to cease existence at some point. would he start over without being aware and without any rememberance of his past life (or lives)? would this be our infinite destiny? the horizontal 8 of infinity? =) thanks for taking time to respond.

Oh wow my apologies, i totally went on a rant on a different topic there.
In my eyes we never cease to exist, yes his body does but his soul does not. His inner consciousness continues and merges with the "greater energy" (the Light, God, whatever you want to call it) for some time (where as time is lost because you are no longer in your mind, so time ceases to exist[totally different topic]) and at that point i do not know what is next. I believe that when the time is right you can choose to enter another body, living a life as though you are living yours now.

You are born, you learn, your grow, you die, and so it begins again, for infinity, until humans cease to exist and then we are either one with the greater energy or we move on to the next "greater life forms" for that, i do not have an idea though.

I believe that there are reincarnations of the soul, and that at times your soul remembers your past life/lives yet it would be impossible to retain all your memories of the past life because those died with the past body and the past brain. Sometimes people have flashbacks, or memories of past lives. I believe these are totally plausible. There was the man who awoke from a coma and spoke a dead language fluently, things like that cause me to believe in past lives.

To directly answer your question, i believe that we have a choice to reincarnate, and that perhaps it is our fate, until a higher calling is needed. Life is extremely interesting, I do not try and dig into our eternity but it is a very interesting thought of where "I" will be ten thousand years from now.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ka119

wow, great post, thank you! what makes me t think that we live our lives over and over is the deja vu though. i don't exactly buy the scientific explanation for it. there must be something to it because it may be pretty much predictive. hell, i predict what's gonna happen in a few minutes, i predict lines of movies which i see for the first time when having a deja vu. this is what rules out the scientific explanation and makes me think that we might reincarnate but into our own lives and selves instead of different bodies and lives.

aha, and i'd justify the theory with learning from past mistakes. i.e., in my life, suppose that may have married a dude which is a trainwreck and turned my life to hell cheating on me etc. (just an example, thank god it ever happened lol). perhaps i'm given another chance and avoid the guy in the next life or after multiple lives until i learn my lesson well. or i have to redeem for bad deeds in the past. perhaps karma works this way? or perhaps everything is abou, like jacob from lost said, "progress"? ugh, i delve deeper in philosophy hahaha

edit on 4-8-2011 by jamsession because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jamsession

Thats a very interesting thought. Deja Vu to me is just showing me the proof of these alternate reality strings in which havent ended, for instance i am driving (driving is a great example for alot i have realized :@@
and begin to experience Deja Vu, i remember what is coming, sometimes for minutes at a time. To me this is the insight and memory of a past reality string i was on, in which an event occurred that lead me to leave my house earlier, thusly i am driving a couple minutes ahead in that string as in my current. I am experiencing both realities, because i still continuing in the previous.
My thought is usually our reality strings are so insignificant in time lapse that we don't experience them as separate, though when we do Deja Vu is the outcome.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ka119
To me this is the insight and memory of a past reality string i was on, in which an event occurred that lead me to leave my house earlier, thusly i am driving a couple minutes ahead in that string as in my current. I am experiencing both realities, because i still continuing in the previous.

yesss, exactly! kinda proves the theory at a plausible level. i challange any neurologist, psychologist etc. to explain the foreshadowing bit nyahahah *evil grin* ;-)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Wow, it's weird because as soon as I read OP's thread, I knew exactly what they were talking about. I have also seen visions of a death of mine that never happened (or did it?) while I am driving or doing anything. Not often, but a few VERY distinct times.

It can be slightly disturbing to me. It's like a sudden thought and vision is just there- vividly, but nothing in my world had changed. Or had it simply been I moved on to another reality and I glimpsed the one I just left behind?

The other thing I relate to is being in touch with energy. I feel very connected to everything, and I meditate often on that. Perhaps that makes me more aware of these 'shifts'.

Or maybe I just need to see a doctor. lol.

As an additional thought- I have also seen similer things with my pets.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

...and our conciseness for the past years i have started to finally piece the puzzles of the universe together.

...your conciseness will always continue in the outcome of life.

Do you mean consciousness perhaps or are you referring to the life itself being concise (short) ?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ka119

This is my understanding of the OP.

1. There are an infinite amount of possible circumstances which exist.

2. All of them come to pass, in some sort of way, and in some sort of place.

3. Those ways in which those circumstances lead to death, are unknown to a particular consciousness.

4. The consciousness therefore exists in belief that it is living.

5. Eventually, the body of the consciousness does 'give way', and therefore, the consciousness experiences death.

If there is something I am missing here, or not understanding, I would love to have it explained better and more fully. However, I don't particularly see the significance of considering the above 5 points as any sort of applicable and useful knowledge. Moreover, they seem to be a very heavy dose of philosophising simply for the sake of doing so; and I can't see how most of them can be considered self-evident assumptions.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Leaflock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Balkan

Unfortunately thats not how it works, we all like to think that we have free will and we can do anything at anytime, yet we are stuck inside a 'reality tunnel' of sorts. There are certain things we would never do, for instance kill ourselves, those branch into two separate realities in itself. One where you did kill yourself, another where you did not. While we may be in the reality strings where people are killing themselves, we ourselves cannot do it.

That is my answer pertaining to the original post, so someone may try it, kill themselves in our reality, and we are horrified, saying,"It didn't work!" yet that person is going on with their merry life in another string, having never tried to "test this".

'unfortunately', this is not how it works!
We all have free will. There is no escaping this, in any sense. We choose, make a decision, every second, every nano-second. Some of these decisions are based in the subconscious, and filter through to the conscious (to be verified and justified).
We chose to be where we are. The gift of free will comes with the 'rider', of personal responsibility...both towards ourselves (for our own free will), and for others (for our own free will). The fact that we dont remember 'choosing' the paramaters of the circumstances of our lives, or any other decision/choice, which propels us onto specific 'reality streams' commensurate with those choices, is another discussion.
Akushla

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

reply to post by Balkan

Unfortunately thats not how it works, we all like to think that we have free will and we can do anything at anytime, yet we are stuck inside a 'reality tunnel' of sorts. There are certain things we would never do, for instance kill ourselves, those branch into two separate realities in itself. One where you did kill yourself, another where you did not. While we may be in the reality strings where people are killing themselves, we ourselves cannot do it.

That is my answer pertaining to the original post, so someone may try it, kill themselves in our reality, and we are horrified, saying,"It didn't work!" yet that person is going on with their merry life in another string, having never tried to "test this".

We all have free will. There is no escaping this, in any sense. We choose, make a decision, every second, every nano-second. Some of these decisions are based in the subconscious, and filter through to the conscious (to be verified and justified).
We chose to be where we are. The gift of free will comes with the 'rider', of personal responsibility...both towards ourselves (for our own free will), and for others (for our own free will). The fact that we dont remember 'choosing' the paramaters of the circumstances of our lives, or any other decision/choice, which propels us onto specific 'reality streams' commensurate with those choices, is another discussion.
Akushla

So you think; you are bred with the idea that we can do anything and have a choice with any given circumstance, as i agree that we make subconscious decisions, i also believe that we live inside given boundaries within these decisions. I like to think that i have total free will, id like to think that i could go on a killing spree, yet i know that i could never bring myself to do it, no matter how hard i try i will always be put into the reality of not doing such.
This my friend is the 'Reality Tunnel'. Get used to it, your flowing through it as we speak.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by xiphoid

My apologies, my computer auto corrects things at times and apparently conciseness looks awfully close to consciousness. Damn technology and my lack of correct spelling.. thanks for the catch

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leaflock
reply to post by ka119

This is my understanding of the OP.

1. There are an infinite amount of possible circumstances which exist.

2. All of them come to pass, in some sort of way, and in some sort of place.

3. Those ways in which those circumstances lead to death, are unknown to a particular consciousness.

4. The consciousness therefore exists in belief that it is living.

5. Eventually, the body of the consciousness does 'give way', and therefore, the consciousness experiences death.

If there is something I am missing here, or not understanding, I would love to have it explained better and more fully. However, I don't particularly see the significance of considering the above 5 points as any sort of applicable and useful knowledge. Moreover, they seem to be a very heavy dose of philosophising simply for the sake of doing so; and I can't see how most of them can be considered self-evident assumptions.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Leaflock because: (no reason given)

I am not saying "lets harness the ability to quantum jump", i am merely suggesting the idea that we may subconsciously avoid death (though its much deeper than just the subconscious mind). I find it an interesting thought, so i thought id share. You do not always have to find an application for something in life, just acknowledge its existence and appreciate it (if there is even any truth to the theory).
Take a sunset for instance, sure its useless, but it sure is pretty and i glad its there.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Leaflock

Why on earth are you running around with an avatar which is based on a picture of me?
edit on 5-8-2011 by WeasteDevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

reply to post by Balkan

Akushla

So you think; you are bred with the idea that we can do anything and have a choice with any given circumstance, as i agree that we make subconscious decisions, i also believe that we live inside given boundaries within these decisions. I like to think that i have total free will, id like to think that i could go on a killing spree, yet i know that i could never bring myself to do it, no matter how hard i try i will always be put into the reality of not doing such.
This my friend is the 'Reality Tunnel'. Get used to it, your flowing through it as we speak.

You have unfortunately, only really, legitimised my precis'd 'account' of what actually happens, my friend.
Included in my precis, was the individuals 'choice'. This is the most important component of what i described. Your choice is made up of any learned, assumed, spur of the moment decisions you make. In any given situation (for arguments sake, going on a killing spree) your choice extends to consuming massive amounts of, oh, I don't know, PCP, and going on a killling spree!
Your choice, is always involved, at some stage. It is implicit in the mechanism of reality!
Prove me wrong!
Akushla

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Balkan

Akushla

You have unfortunately, only really, legitimised my precis'd 'account' of what actually happens, my friend.
Included in my precis, was the individuals 'choice'. This is the most important component of what i described. Your choice is made up of any learned, assumed, spur of the moment decisions you make. In any given situation (for arguments sake, going on a killing spree) your choice extends to consuming massive amounts of, oh, I don't know, PCP, and going on a killling spree!
Your choice, is always involved, at some stage. It is implicit in the mechanism of reality!
Prove me wrong!
Akushla

As an adjunct...
The abnegation of responsibility for your own actions (whether you are aware of the choice you make, or not) is the reason why you keep inhabiting these boxes of atomic slime...until such a time as you would realise (to make real) your role in this thing we call 'living'...the R&R being 'death'.
Akushla

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

We arent getting to far with our debate
, so for now we can agree to disagree. I absolutely understand where you are coming from, it is just to hard to conceptualize the thoughts and type them down to try and explain what i am saying. Regardless, what do you feel about the original topic?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ka119

There is a thing called FATE and we die when we are supposed to.

What I mean by that is that our physical body is predisposed to function for a certain amount of time.

It's even been scientifically proven that some of us are genetically predisposed to living longer than others for example.

But that is only half of the equation.

Our soul continues on after the body has expired and never ceases to exist.

It can exist in a body or in the spirit realm.

There are too many documented accounts of reincarnation and NDE to not recognize this.

Another point I see iin that we never die is who we become friends with in our lives...

Why are we attracted to certain individuals and not to others ?

Why do we sometimes meet people who we seem to get along with as if we have known them before ?

Simply because we have.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Perhaps you should read previous posts before posting, eh?
We already covered all of that. On numerous occasions I explained my thoughts on past lives, reincarnation, etc. I believe in all that, yet do not believe that our lives are strictly laid out for us as you have mentioned. Then i may as well sit back and go on coast? I dont think the Military would appreciate that to much.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ka119

In all honesty, I have always thought this way, and its sooo weird how i just happened to stumble across your post, I've thought this way in my mind, but couldn't ever express what i was thinking or even attempt to explain this in words to people, or to post it... wow is all i can say

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

I love how that happens, i notice it more and more in life. Little coincidences lead to huge revelations, its odd. Im glad you stumbled upon this as well. Whatever can help in your journey.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Yes we don't die...in fact nothing dies. Every thing exist and none existence is a parable.
Nothing will stop in your never ending birth and rebirth (without recollection) until you wise up with love...doesn't matter how smart or intellectual you are, it doesn't matter how you can construct phrases in your essay...what matter is how much love you have accumulated during your physical stay on earth.
Look at the water that is our life-hood, it only respond positively if love is directed to.
I have an opinion of the life we live, and it is base on love...very pure and simple. This love is eternal, no death is prescribe to it...I just have to figure out the interconnection of my love to all loves.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join