It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perhaps we never die?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I have been having some rather interesting experiences lately. Upon studying and immersing myself with energy, reality, and our conciseness for the past years i have started to finally piece the puzzles of the universe together. I have had my eyes opened numerous times, whenever i stray life has a way of putting me back on this track. I have almost lost my mind twice through the things i have witnessed, the truths that have been uncovered.

One of the more interesting things that have came to awareness lately is the thought that we never die, or at least until our shell (body) gives out.

Let me explain, through life we are constantly being thrown risks and dangers. For instance, as i type this a car could barrel through my house and kill me; a stray bullet could hit me between the eyes, or i could tip out of my chair and break my neck. All of these are extremely improbable, yet all are possible.
These probabilities break down into multiple different realities, one for each outcome (i.e. life, death, paralyzed, etc.)
My current thought is that we are always going to be put into the outcome of life.
Look at the theory of Quantum Immortality for instance, no matter what the odds of a circumstance is, your conciseness will always continue in the outcome of life.

Now this is hard to believe, you see others dying around you every minute of everyday, the theory is that as you continue through these branches of immortality, you are leaving behind another reality in which you died, leaving family and others grieving. As people branch their ways through these immortal realities they cross paths with others, which sometimes puts you in a reality where so and so dies, so that a given person can continue on their immortal path.

We are constantly put out of harms way in everyday life, i technically am in harms way now, sitting here typing this; yet i do not think of it. Since i do not think of it i automatically avoid any instance of a plane hitting my house, or my stove exploding. We think of the greater chances much more frequently, which is why they seem so real to us. Yet it may be that we will ALWAYS avoid death, until our bodies can no longer take it any more. Which is where our 'spirit' moves on to whatever the next location is.

Why this has been dwelling on me so much is because since i have started to think this way i have been having weird visions. I will not disclose my job or what i do, but i am constantly put in harms way, and constantly 'cheating' death. Since i have adapted this way of thinking, i have been seeing the other outcomes to my actions. Sometimes they come in dreams, while i'm meditating, or even right after the given experience.

Interesting thoughts, i just had to get it out of my mind and share. Give me your input.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I think you're right. Our spirits never die. We never die. These bodies might, but we don't.
btw, I've had similar visions of other time lines. It really sucks to experience your own death.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Anyone care to test this out? Get back to us and let us know what happened (if you can).

edit on 3-8-2011 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Unfortunately thats not how it works, we all like to think that we have free will and we can do anything at anytime, yet we are stuck inside a 'reality tunnel' of sorts. There are certain things we would never do, for instance kill ourselves, those branch into two separate realities in itself. One where you did kill yourself, another where you did not. While we may be in the reality strings where people are killing themselves, we ourselves cannot do it.

That is my answer pertaining to the original post, so someone may try it, kill themselves in our reality, and we are horrified, saying,"It didn't work!" yet that person is going on with their merry life in another string, having never tried to "test this".

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
After having several near death experiences and many near/ accidents where I still have no idea how I survived or missed hitting a car / truck and one event going through a tunnel and waking up on the floor with slight differences in time line events and people , i'm convinced that this theory is correct . I think we need to take "have no fear" more literally and simply live or at least choose to live more fully without fear.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I definitely believe that we never die in that sense, but this thread was just targeted at the idea that perhaps we never perceive our physical bodies dying, until we decide to move on.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
How do you immerse yourself in energy?

Very curious about that.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ka119
Unfortunately thats not how it works

Says who?? (honest question)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ka119

If that would be the case you would still be a child, your body is aging and you do feel weaker as contrary to your child hood.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I work at a Funeral Home in a small town , I see death everyday. The reason I'm telling you this is because the expression on some of the dead folks faces really concerns me . Some people die with a slight smile on there faces as If they were at peace, while others die with an expression of fright an horror as If they went somewhere bad , and some look as if they were just asleep. All this is before we dress them and put makeup on them. from what I have personally experience your spirit definitely go somewhere when you die .

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888

Reminds me of a true story. We know a lady... her husband died several years ago from lung cancer. At the end the guy was sitting in his chair and supposedly started screaming fun stuff like: "THEY'RE COMING!!" and "STAY AWAY!! NO!!".. and poof, he was gone. They said he could see something/one coming and was utterly terrified.

I have a feeling it will be the other way around when I go.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan
reply to post by bdb818888

Reminds me of a true story. We know a lady... her husband died several years ago from lung cancer. At the end the guy was sitting in his chair and supposedly started screaming fun stuff like: "THEY'RE COMING!!" and "STAY AWAY!! NO!!".. and poof, he was gone. They said he could see something/one coming and was utterly terrified.
I have a feeling it will be the other way around when I go.
You know , death Is the biggest mystery to all of us , we truly don't know what's on the other side . Some people say that there's nothing you're just dead , but wouldn't nothing still be something ? Is there a Heaven or a Hell ? I truly believe there is a Heaven and a Hell , but that's based on faith alone and I can't prove It . I guess I will know when my time comes.
edit on 3-8-2011 by bdb818888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I suspect you see what you want to see. If you expect Jesus, you'll see him. If you expect 72 virgins, you'll see them. That doesn't mean they are real in the objective sense, but likely you create your own after-life at first before being presented with alternatives.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Energy teachings, i should of been more specific. (i.e. working with personal energy, worlds energy, universes energy etc.)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Im just answering in relation to the theory, say the theory is true, than your original question wouldn't work based on my explanation. Theory is tough to deal with because you start building more hypotheses off of the initial theory, true or not. But who's to say, surely not me, i can just answer based on what i believe would come out of this proving to be true.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

No i am not saying the physical body itself does not wear and die in the end, i am just basing this theory off the idea that we may never perceive our physical bodies perish until the time is right, say when our bodies are worn out and can no longer sustain life.
Personally i believe that reality itself is an illusion, that all we perceive is a collection of information our brain cleverly puts together into the five senses, all in all what we see is just a jumble of countless atoms, including our body, the only thing we can rely on is our conscious, which can work out of the physical aspect.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
As an aside, I always found it interesting that in many, many NDEs, people report seeing their bodies and feeling completely emotionless, in fact, disinterested entirely.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake1
After having several near death experiences and many near/ accidents where I still have no idea how I survived or missed hitting a car / truck and one event going through a tunnel and waking up on the floor with slight differences in time line events and people , i'm convinced that this theory is correct . I think we need to take "have no fear" more literally and simply live or at least choose to live more fully without fear.

Apologies, i missed your post Awake.
This is the sort of thing i am talking about, instances where we say "How did that happen?" It doesn't seem possible to survive because it is not, you died in that reality string, yet your conscious moves to another string, slightly different than the first, so that you barely miss your impending doom.
For instance, you drop your keys, which puts you a split second behind, you come to the yellow light a second later which makes you change your mind about running the light, in turn you are not hit by the truck and killed.

See where i'm going with this?

Star for your post awake.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Speaking from experience I did not even care to return to my body in my NDE, I was told by the greater energy to return.
Being there was unlike anything else in the world, you know all and are one with all, so the limitations set to humanity seem ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ka119
reply to post by pepsi78

No i am not saying the physical body itself does not wear and die in the end, i am just basing this theory off the idea that we may never perceive our physical bodies perish until the time is right, say when our bodies are worn out and can no longer sustain life.
Personally i believe that reality itself is an illusion, that all we perceive is a collection of information our brain cleverly puts together into the five senses, all in all what we see is just a jumble of countless atoms, including our body, the only thing we can rely on is our conscious, which can work out of the physical aspect.

If it would be an illusion then if you cleared your mind and walked in the room without thinking at all with your eyes wide shut you will still bump unexpected into something because it's there, I stated this before.
It's like jumping off the plane and thinking you will never reach down, but you will because it's there.
Sometimes we find other means to confront reality, an illusionary state, we tune out of reality, but we can not neglect the fact that it's there waiting for us when we get back to it, we bump into it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join