It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Confused, Baffled By The Moon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonco6
So bill says the moon is being mined thats funny who has been mining the moon bill?
bill is a joke if they wanted to use a good kids scientist they would have used beakman lol

Go watch the video again he never said we were mining the moon.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Nye's response was idiotic.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by Cuervo

Once again a thread descends into the left vs right mudslinging nonsense.

I've taken away my flag.

there is no left vs right to it. Its pseudo science global warming religious nonsense against the reality that the Earth is actually getting cooler. So sad that so many who really care about the Earth have been slipshucked by those who have demonized CO2 in order to line their pockets.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I'd like to see pictures of it... you know, not grayscale pictures like they always show...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I think what the reporter was asking was something along the lines of does global warming cause volcanoes.

www.livescience.com

Lets be frank though, a true 'year' is at least 60,000 years.

You have Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, etc all tugging on the Earth and Sun as well as each other. The earth and sun will never be at the exact same position and tilt from each other for at least another 60K years. The last 20k years has been summer, but we know from ice cores that fall and winter are just around the corner, maybe in another 5-10k years.

Last 400,000 Years

As much as humans may not want to believe it, in the grand scheme of things, you have about as much say in the weather as an ant does.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
They are always baffled those science monks .. I hope one day they stop baffling and tell us the truth.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Yeah, he got confused because NASA released a second story about global warming.

It was an innocent mistake.

Lol...

edit on 7/30/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I nominate this thread for "Funniest Title of the Month."
Line three, no two!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Don't know why people still watch any mass media news outlets.....heck, who still watches television.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
S&F!

Not surprised though, they also believe only earth has a moon, and that scientists can't explain the tides

The entire channel's pure comedy gold, kind of like a 24/7 Colbert Report...sadly, some people mistake it for news

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
My response is this: If it is even remotely possible that we can do something to reduce our footprint on this planet, and remove ourselves from the climate equation all together, then we should.

Have you looked around recently?

There are less than 3% of America's old growth forests left.

There is an island of trash and plastic in the Pacific larger than Manhattan.

We just keep right on dumping crap in every water supply we have, and no one is even discussing the millions of gallons of oil that leached out into the Gulf anymore.

We simply cannot continue this onslaught on our natural world.

I don't care if its Al Gore, or Adolph Hitler, Someone has to try and show people what we are doing to this one rock we all inhabit.

I don't care if he makes money doing it, I just want people to wake up and listen!

It's funny how that is always the complaint you hear, 'he is making tons of money talking about climate change!'

So what?

BP is making tons of money ignoring it.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I know a fairly high up insider at Fox News. It's fairly well known that they will NOT hire the best and brightest because they question and think. (Of course I make no amount of fund of my friend because of this). They want people that can look and sound a certain way, but if they are bright and intellectually curious, don't bother to apply at Faux News.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Oh. My. Word. It's like FOX is sooooo chomping at the bit to discredit Global Warming that they are willing to connect the unconnectable. Bill Nye's WTF face is just priceless.

By this rationale, I can disprove Global Warming by pointing to fun house mirrors and saying "but my reflection is skinny, dammit! I don't need to lose weight!"

mediamatters.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

I don't think "It's like FOX is sooooo chomping at the bit to discredit Global Warming that they are willing to connect the unconnectable." I just think that FOX has some anchors that are just plain retarded

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
All i got to say about this is that anchor man was extremely rude. Just because you made yourself sound like a dumbass dosent mean you be a ass to the guest speaker. Then the anchor guy tries to act like he knows whats going on, I mean come on, your talking to "Bill Nye the Science Guy" lol

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiskyKisses
reply to post by Cuervo

Good gods... tell me I somehow woke up in a dimension of stupid, where things like this could conceivably happen... Poor Bill Nye, a fixture of my childhood forced to deal with someone who is clearly a blithering, mouth breathing idiot...

I feel for you Science Guy!!!

Bill Nye isn't the brightest bulb on the planet either. I lost all respect for the 'science guy' after I saw him get his ass handed to him on a Larry King UFO special that covered military UFO cases where he was completely disrespectful and ignorant of the whole subject and it blew up in his face. Now I don't take anything he says very seriously.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I bet that if we had known bases on the moon before this volcano was discovered the bases would be the likely cause.surely they arent trying to claim that when we find oil on other planets/moon that it came from fossils and is causing explosions.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
To be fair though, FOX is like 'The National Inquirer' version of so called news television. I never believe a word they say.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Did that guy just say the burning of fossil fuels is what causes volcanos?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

Yea i totally agree with you. Some people are just so into their material things that they dont care if we are causing harm to this Earth even though it gives us life. Without it we don't live and people don't understand that or don't take it serious. Even if global warming is real or not does not give us the right to destroy this planet. We should still be thinking of ways not to use that energy, its polluting our air you can see it when you go to big cities. You can take it as this perspective if you get your house extremley dirty it wont be destryoed but do you want to live in a place that you cant walk in, the smell is disgusting, and on top of that you can get diseases easier from the smells and stuff lurking in there. I would not want to live this way but that is how the enviroment is now even the polution difference from here in Denver to the smell and pollution in L.A is extroadinary.. We need to stop thinking about material things and focus on cleaning up our home, this Earth.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Actually, the question is not as dumb as it sounds. New vulcanism on the moon equates to a climate change. One that we didn't cause because we're not up there burning fossil fuels. If, here on Earth, we all of a sudden had 300 active volcanoes a year above the average number, we would call it climate change and Bill Nye would say that it's because we're burning fossil fuels.

So, the question itself is actually quite intelligent, the context is missing. If it had been there, people would be saying this anchorman scored big.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join