It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Confused, Baffled By The Moon

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Personally I think it is a fair question
Fox news has to cater to their audience...and lets face it, an average fox news viewer probably thinks the moon is made out of cheese.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

First,

is foxnews a bunch of god fearing idiots. Totally.

Are they wrong about everything no.

Does believing in god cloud one's brain capacity. Definitely

But how this is proof of global warming is beyond me. This is basically a network bound to always go against science.

Which includes factual science,proven without reasonable doubt and speculative science , theories that tend to be converted into facts.

Global warming is speculative science. Humans do not influence to climate. If that was the case North Korea would devising a machine to do just that , alter the climate. global warming is purely science fiction.

You loony extreme green people need to stop being so egotistical by thinking we are so special that we can influence this planet to be hotter or colder. Lol...
Your just assuming. There is no proof and there is no way you can prove it. Its impossible.

All of you need to do is accept the fact that man will use every freaken drop of oil and tear down every mountain. It will happen. Is it wrong ,yes, we need to take care of our resources if there is no alternative. Time will tell. But its us that we are hurting not earth. We are the ones that get cancer not earth..

Humans are not special when it comes to assuming humans can trump the natural world. The natural world will always trump us. Just ask the people of Otsuchi, Japan if they think humans are special.

What we must not mess with is our moon. The day we start drilling or whatever then we are doomed. But planet earth? it was here way before and will be here way after us.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1
reply to post by Cuervo

First,

is foxnews a bunch of god fearing idiots. Totally.

Are they wrong about everything no.

Does believing in god cloud one's brain capacity. Definitely

But how this is proof of global warming is beyond me. This is basically a network bound to always go against science.

Which includes factual science,proven without reasonable doubt and speculative science , theories that tend to be converted into facts.

Global warming is speculative science. Humans do not influence to climate. If that was the case North Korea would devising a machine to do just that , alter the climate. global warming is purely science fiction.

You loony extreme green people need to stop being so egotistical by thinking we are so special that we can influence this planet to be hotter or colder. Lol...
Your just assuming. There is no proof and there is no way you can prove it. Its impossible.

All of you need to do is accept the fact that man will use every freaken drop of oil and tear down every mountain. It will happen. Is it wrong ,yes, we need to take care of our resources if there is no alternative. Time will tell. But its us that we are hurting not earth. We are the ones that get cancer not earth..

Humans are not special when it comes to assuming humans can trump the natural world. The natural world will always trump us. Just ask the people of Otsuchi, Japan if they think humans are special.

What we must not mess with is our moon. The day we start drilling or whatever then we are doomed. But planet earth? it was here way before and will be here way after us.

Star for you for thinking for your self.

Now... for calling me a "green person" and thinking that I believe in Global Warming because I'm a green person... that's where you are wrong.

I believe in Global Warming whether or not it's something that is caused by humanity. What I do know is that it is something that can be decreased by humanity.

But to think there is some conspiracy to prevent people from polluting and, somehow, that those people are somehow power-broking the world in CAP-N-TRADE(ah laaaawd, gahd alll mightey!)... that's just clinically (and insanely) stupid.
edit on 30-7-2011 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Theres no such thing as global warming and all of the data used to prove it has itself been proven wrong........or fabricated.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

THER NOT DENIEING CLIMATE CHANGE,THEY ARE SIMPLEY SAYING MAN IS NOT THE MAJOR CONTRIBUTING FACTOR TO IT, THE EARTH HEATS UP ALL BY ITS SELF, IT DID IT OVER 50,000 YEARS AGO WHEN MAN WASNT AROUND & IT WILL DO IT AGAIN

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryg85
reply to post by Cuervo

THER NOT DENIEING CLIMATE CHANGE,THEY ARE SIMPLEY SAYING MAN IS NOT THE MAJOR CONTRIBUTING FACTOR TO IT, THE EARTH HEATS UP ALL BY ITS SELF, IT DID IT OVER 50,000 YEARS AGO WHEN MAN WASNT AROUND & IT WILL DO IT AGAIN

Which is akin to saying there is nothing you can do about it. Being on a conspiracy site, wouldn't you think that the conspiracy factor lay on the people denying the theory that BENEFITS humanity and the Earth rather than thinking that people who want to protect Earth are responsible for some sort of fabricated nonsense?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Fox News Confused, Baffled By The Moon

mediamatters.org

Yesterday, Fox News anchor Jon Scott invited Bill Nye ("The Science Guy") to talk about newly discovered volcanism on the moon. Scott, for reasons that aren't entirely clear, asked if the existence of a volcano on the moon somehow casts doubt on climate change science: "It's not like we've been up there burning fossil fuels." Nye, clearly taken by surprise, patiently and slowly explained to Scott that, no, volcanoes have nothing to do with fossil fuels:
(visit the link for the full news article)

Well their audience is the tea partiers.. You know the "education is bad people."

Are you surprised?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

If there is global warming its happening naturally. Not artificially. Big difference. Temperatures rise and drop all time and the same exact thing happen on other planets and moons too. I don't see soccer moms driving SUV's on mars.

If you also believe man is not the culprit then how can you say we have the ability to decrease global warming . ?? Kookoo kookoo kookoo. Your so green its not even funny.

But I'll say it again : I am all for taking care of our house and our health but any scientist that goes on MSNBC or wherever and yaps his/hers trap about humans are contributing to rise of temperature,melting ice and stronger hurricanes is SPECULATING. 100%usda speculation.

But nice try though.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryg85
reply to post by Cuervo

Which is akin to saying there is nothing you can do about it. Being on a conspiracy site, wouldn't you think that the conspiracy factor lay on the people denying the theory that BENEFITS humanity and the Earth rather than thinking that people who want to protect Earth are responsible for some sort of fabricated nonsense?

No ... What you want , cost a boatload of cash. So you want to spend my tax-dollars just so you feel less guilty? Ain't gonna happen . .That's why your fantasy yelp won't stick. That's why Gore is a huge laughing stock .

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

If there is global warming its happening naturally. Not artificially. Big difference. Temperatures rise and drop all time and the same exact thing happen on other planets and moons too. I don't see soccer moms driving SUV's on mars.

If you also believe man is not the culprit then how can you say we have the ability to decrease global warming . ?? Kookoo kookoo kookoo. Your so green its not even funny.

But I'll say it again : I am all for taking care of our house and our health but any scientist that goes on MSNBC or wherever and yaps his/hers trap about humans are contributing to rise of temperature,melting ice and stronger hurricanes is SPECULATING. 100%usda speculation.

But nice try though.

I'll address each of your paragraphs:

Mars has no atmosphere.

People DO make a difference.

Speculation is what prevented world-wide spread of the Macarena.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed
LOL I remember when Fox was saying things more stupid than this during our long cold winter...

Where is Global warming now.... the winter has been one of the coldest on record.

I would just shake my head thinking "god... idiots..."

Well it was cold. If liberals turned down the heat in their SUVs long enough they would have realized that.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I'll do the same:

- wrong........The Martian atmosphere contains about 95.3% carbon dioxide (CO2) and 2.7% nitrogen, with the remainder a mixture of other gases. If Mars did not have an atmosphere images taken from the surface of Mars would show a black sky, even during the day.

-How do people make a difference in preventing our planet from getting hotter or cooler. And I mean temperatures affecting humans in a negative way. .. Tis tis... Your thinking humans are special again. I told you not to do that.

-The macarena part is hilarious. Peed in my pants.lol. Thank you

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
reply to post by Cuervo

Theres no such thing as global warming and all of the data used to prove it has itself been proven wrong........or fabricated.

lol. "all of the data". On what blog did you read that entirely unsubstantiated claim?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

-The macarena part is hilarious. Peed in my pants.lol. Thank you

Star and I bow out.

All I wanted to show is a dumb anchorman. The headline was not mine. Fox is known for bad science and that guy showed some... so I posted . Because it's freakin hilarious.

Anyhow, I'll let you guys fight this out and I'll just watch and occasionally throw a stone as I am no geologist. Interplanetary, or otherwise.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This information about the moon being volcanic is not a new discovery at all. During the Apollo 17 mission,
when the crew came across the orange soil on the lunar surface they knew what it meant. Nasa knew the moon was volcanic back in the 70's. Hadley Rile is a fissure. This report does not make any sense at all.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

You left out Methane and especially Ethane (which is a hydro carbon) let me know know if you can find a geological process that creates Ethane other then decomposing organic matter.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that it rains H2O on mars as well. The Phoenix lander proved this using a CSA developed OPTICAL Lidar system. There is data set from the lidar instrument that shows snowflakes falling at the north pole, which was H2O precip and not carbon. As well. some areas on mars can reach up to 27c, These are very localized hot spots though.
edit on 30-7-2011 by Novatrino because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Oh. My. Word. It's like FOX is sooooo chomping at the bit to discredit Global Warming that they are willing to connect the unconnectable. Bill Nye's WTF face is just priceless.

By this rationale, I can disprove Global Warming by pointing to fun house mirrors and saying "but my reflection is skinny, dammit! I don't need to lose weight!"

mediamatters.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

You global communist's, err meant eco-terrorist's discredited yourselves. Not to say that pollution and de-forestation isn't a problem(it is) but we aren't going to let you terrorist's tax us to death to pay for your one world commy state.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

So You want to insult People who watch fox? What is Your news source, Peewee Herman?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
You'd think Fox would realize that every time they bring a scientist on they only end up making themselves look like fools...the host actually said, "if the Moon had volcanoes a few years...well, a few million years or however you want to put it."
Loved when Nye said, "Science is true." It was like a big F.U. AND a real teaching moment...I hope the Fox breathers were paying attention.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Ha ha ha! I guess Bill Nye is the perfect guy for a Fox News anchor to interview......I mean, after all...Bill Nye is used to explaining Science to Children....He probably is the only scientist that has the patience to explain this stuff to a Fox News anchor.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join