It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Confused, Baffled By The Moon

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I'm confused as to how asking a question of an expert is in fact disinformation or deflection?

No more 'deflection and disinformation' than if I ignored your question in favor of asking if volcanoes on the moon relate to a possible penchant for bestiality amongst Tea Partiers.

See how that works? Im just 'asking questions'!

Thank you for proving my point. You did it very well.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

hmm, perhpse I sounded strange. Hottest summer and coldest winter is far more appropriate. In total, creating both the hottest and coldest record.

In winter, every state but 1 or 2 got snow and many broke snow records, and now in summer, same story on the opposite side ot the temperature spectrum.

What happens, as far as I can yonder a guess, is that with all the excess water in the hydrocycle of the Earth, summers are hotter because the water in the air holds more heat, and winters are colder because more water means more snow, and in turn, colder surface.

Thus, the recent years have been both the coldest and hottest hence forth. extremes.

CO2 has nothing to do with it. It's the water. Water is far more worse a green house gas than CO2 could ever hope to be. And the melting of so much ice putting excess water into the environment is causing a return to a more earlier weather patterns when there was more water available.

Won't be surprised to find stronger hurricanes this year too. Remember, freshwater floats on saltwater and evaporates faster.
edit on 30-7-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
World population,

4,729,542,349 adults x 0.2 sq. m = 945,908,469 sq.m

2,026,946,721 children x 0.1 = 202,694,672 sq.m

__________________________ _______________

Total area needed = 1,148,603,141 sq.m

= 1,149 sq km.

You could probably fit them all a few times over in tiny Britain, or even Nor'n Ireland.

AGW ?

You are HORRIBLY misinformed and/or misinforming people.

The land required for humans, even at the bare minimum is FAR LARGER than 0.2 square miles. Humans need land for living, food, water, and other resources at the bare minimum. However, in case you didn't notice, our modern world has gone FAR BEYOND the bare minimum for resource consumption, so we use an exponentially larger amount of land/resources per person (especially in the first world) throughout our daily lives.

Your argument is an unscientific, logical-fallacy because it completely ignores that land use by humans far exceeds a plot of land fit for a suburban house.

HERE is a more accurate depiction of human influence on the planet:
www.sciencemag.org...

Also do some research on carrying capacity:
www.sustainablescale.org...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje
reply to post by Blaine91555

If they put an anchor on TV without knowledge of the subject matter its asking for trouble.

I'm pretty sure FOX has enough teleprompters lying around to prevent it.

I'm not defending Fox and highly doubt when a Commentator makes an error it is policy for any News source. Why should a Reporter be an expert on every topic they cover? To even suggest that is to reveal true intent as no Reporter is an expert on every topic a guest is an expert in. It would be nutty on it's face to even believe that would be possible. How could any News source keep on staff experts on all topics? Are you an expert on all topics you participate in here? Of course not. This Reporter asked a question is all that happened and got an answer. So what?

It does not take a genius to understand the purpose of this post is not to uncover any disinformation, but is simply Partisan based. Being neither a Democrat or Republican I don't have an ideological stance beyond common sense. It's a childish assault in fact with no meaning. It is in fact the reason this country is in such trouble.

What troubles me is that so many these days want anyone they don't agree with silenced and are willing to engage in pure hate, partisanship or even exaggerations or lies to silence them. We have seen this throughout history where this madness has spread through a population, allowing people like Stalin, Mao and Hitler to come to power.

Our leaders have made their own insane Partisan actions such a part of society, that people forget it is that exact behavior that put us in this mess to begin with.

Me, I want to have access to all sides of all issues before making up my mind on any topic. In what exact way is that wrong minded? Or better yet, how is wanting to silence others idea's right minded? Why is attempted censorship ever right and good? Even more, why is wanting censorship right?

You don't even have to read between the lines on this or many OP's to understand what they really want. They want anyone they don't agree with silenced. Whenever I see people who want censorship of anyone they don't agree with, I consider hanging up the garlic and wielding a cross to protect me from that insane idea rubbing off on me.

I not only want everything that is on the air now to stay, I'd like to see more than just the Democrats and the Republicans point of view represented. We Independents and genuine Moderates are grossly underrepresented even though we are now the largest voting block.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

So your point was that the Fox Reporters question about climate change was asinine and didnt relate to the topic whatsoever, but was meant to throw a bone to a demographic they cater to that favors fear and disinformation over facts and science?

Now is where you accuse me of worshipping at the feet of MSNBC.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy

Certainly weather is getting more extreme, this erratic weather is very likely caused by recent climate change which itself is caused by anthropogenic global warming.

Climate Scientists would not make such a bold statement. They might say it 'may' be due to such and such, but no one is saying that the weather in the past few years is 'evidence' of climate change. That requires decades more data and analysis, at least. To present it as so cut and dry is inaccurate.

I never said climate scientists said this, notice how I specifically stated "is very likely caused by" ?? Please read my words carefully because I chose them carefully. Also keep in mind, just because there is not yet clear data linking erratic weather with climate change doesn't mean that they aren't linked, it just means the data sufficient for a broad scientific affirmation isn't fleshed out quite yet. Climate scientists have actually stated that the erratic weather we're seeing is likely to be caused, at least in part, by recent climate change and that the models predict this either way.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Fair point. I did not read your words clearly. Nonetheless, I think it is important to not say that we KNOW this is caused by climate change, but that the evidence thus far suggest so. We are not at an opposing point in our perspectives.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

hmm, perhpse I sounded strange. Hottest summer and coldest winter is far more appropriate. In total, creating both the hottest and coldest record.

In winter, every state but 1 or 2 got snow and many broke snow records, and now in summer, same story on the opposite side ot the temperature spectrum.

What happens, as far as I can yonder a guess, is that with all the excess water in the hydrocycle of the Earth, summers are hotter because the water in the air holds more heat, and winters are colder because more water means more snow, and in turn, colder surface.

Thus, the recent years have been both the coldest and hottest hence forth. extremes.

CO2 has nothing to do with it. It's the water. Water is far more worse a green house gas than CO2 could ever hope to be. And the melting of so much ice putting excess water into the environment is causing a return to a more earlier weather patterns when there was more water available.

Won't be surprised to find stronger hurricanes this year too. Remember, freshwater floats on saltwater and evaporates faster.

In certain areas? Sure... we're seeing record cold, however the overall temperature picture GLOBALLY is unchanged. What has happened is that cold fronts are being shifted further south while unusually warm temperatures remain in the rest of the world, especially at the ice caps.

As for breaking the snow record, you're correct, this does have to do with increased precipitation via increased evaporation (which is caused by non other than global warming). Global warming has two main facets, one is the primary facet which is FORCING, the secondary (and reactionary) facet is FEEDBACK. CO2 contributes about 80% to the initial FORCING of global warming which then creates positive FEEDBACK loops (i.e. water vapor/methane release), these feedback loops (water vapor) contribute MOST to the OVERALL greenhouse effect but they are ultimately caused by and responsive to initial CO2 increases.

This should help you out:
www.skepticalscience.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Fair point. I did not read your words clearly. Nonetheless, I think it is important to not say that we KNOW this is caused by climate change, but that the evidence thus far suggest so. We are not at an opposing point in our perspectives.

Oh absolutely... I prefer to be nothing but accurate, whether it bolsters my case or not. And at the end of the day, lying (or ignorance) is more harmful than beneficial; no need to give deniers any more ammunition. I agree and am well aware that, as of yet, erratic weather doesn't have a 100% scientifically-proven link to climate change, but that as more data comes out, the link will likely become stronger.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Here is a sample of the report linked at the beginning..lots of scientific talk but when you read it it is apparent that anomalies are being discussed and it is a way of trying to cover up vast domes, no proof of any prior ' volcanic ' evidence, and of course never discuss the vast photographic evidence of structures on the moon as well as absolute proofs of occupation by alien beings, present or past.

" The best known examples occur on the lunar nearside in the compositionallyevolved Procellarum KREEP terrane. However, there is an isolated thorium-rich area—the Compton–Belkovich thoriumanomaly—on the lunar farside for which the origin is enigmatic. Here we use images from the Lunar Reconnaissance OrbiterCameras, digital terrain models and spectral data from the Diviner lunar radiometer to assess the morphology and composition of this region. We identify a central feature, 25 by 35 km across, that is characterized by elevated topography and relatively high reflectance.

The topography includes a series of domes that range from less than 1 km to more than 6 km across, some withsteeply sloping sides. We interpret these as volcanic domes formed from viscous lava. We also observe arcuate to irregularcircular depressions, which we suggest result from collapse associated with volcanism. We find that the volcanic feature isalso enriched in silica or alkali-feldspar, indicative of compositionally evolved, rhyolitic volcanic materials. We suggest that theCompton–Belkovich thorium anomaly represents a rare occurrence of non-basaltic volcanism on the lunar farside."

They " interpret " the domes as volcanic and from viscous lava, trying desperately to account for the high reflective nature of the domes. They can interpret all they want; most are smart enough to know the truth but science today, getting paid for it, depends on sticking to the prevailing dictums from on high and anyone that dares tell the obvious truth gets squashed. " Non-basaltic volcanism " is a fancy way of saying :" We cannot tell the truth so we will make up a story that is implausible but no one in any position to challenge us will get any press, so thats that."

What a shame.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

To be honest, when I see heat at the north pole by colder areas around it, I cannot help but think either some unknown force of man is causing it, or its just a natural force. I cannot see CO2 as the primary cause when its one of the first elements Earth's life learned to adapt and process. And with recent news release of doubting the rate of decay of the heat, I only doubt it more.

I far more look at the complex unnatural elements we release into the atmosphere as the problem. This being the cause of faster eroding statues and the lot. The radiation, the complex carbon molecules, the acid. These things I can physically see doing damage. CO2 I cannot. I don't understand how life existing for 4.5 billion years cannot adapt to a little excess CO2. I can, however, understand elements that have not been plentiful in Earth's history as causing the damages.

Call me crazy, but CO2 just seems to be nothing but a gas that holds a little hat, and then releases that heat. Everyday 6.7 billion people poof out tons of it at 90 degrees, Countless cows do the same, and countless life farms all around same wise. But when we release, say, some product of burning plastics, then I see how life has never seen these elements around and has no knowledge of how to fight it.

With an area like the poles, whom never ever even grasp rays from the sun at any significant angle, I'm afraid I'm simply unconcerned. These are places nearly devoid of life as is, and their meltdown would certainly aid in the water scarcity problems we have today.

I'm not saying we shouldn't care. I'm saying it's not on the top and not necessarily a bad thing. What I see is excess water being managed by the Earth and in doing so making the world wetter, but not necessarily raising the sea level

See when I have a cup of ice with an icecube in it, and that icecube melts, if that ice cube isn't touching the bottom of the glass, I observe that the level of water never changes much, because the displacement is already taken in in the ice is floating. Ergo, until the mainland ice starts to melt, I don't really see a problem with it. Melting ice that's already afloat shouldn't displace the oceans.

I suppose what I'm saying is I know we're doing damage, but I have no reason yet to believe that damage will negatively impact us yet, or that we will get off fossil fuels in time before the real damage.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

you know I cant help but notice that this sight is about being open and not instantly discediting things because you think that they are wrong did you even listen to rush and what his explanation was?? I dont think that rush is right or wrong but I think that we can all have our own opinion have you also looked at how much money the global warming theory is bringing in. not to mention how much attention al gore is getting?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Oh dear I wasn't even as generous as that, read it again. BTW, that is a little bit of much needed fun statistics,

'Fit' is the operative word, had I thought it necessary to include in my last post!
Ah well, this must be what its like to live in Narnia the land of idiocy.

edit on 30-7-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

This is a natural and reoccurring phenomena, it's just that we here on earth, for the first time in modern civilization and technology can't explain the on goings of such matters due too our inexperienced perceptions of what is causing what at this time. But, rest assured, this has happened before on our planet.

Which is too be expected for global elliptical wobble, though we have seen drastic alterations in our current state of equatorial elliptical positioning, there is one constant of all the questioning over these matters, and that the Sun remains. Very similar to putting an ice cube in the Sun light, no matter where you put the ice cube on the planet, eventually it will become a liquid once again. Equatorial changes cause Jet stream changes, the more shift of the Jet Stream, the more weather alters from one state to another , as far as anomaly type of weather conditions, especially if we have never experienced this until now.

Actually, it does contribute to our weather conditions as far as rain, floods and heavier snow falls, but for the most part, if the evaporation effects on the earth are too be blamed, as I had got from your statement, this is incorrect. It is because of the elliptical that the Jet Stream is changing and carrying the moisture in a general path of repetitive tracks. We were once a very different planet as I am sure that you know, and with our time in our solar system, we have managed to remain constant by one prominent factor "We have been cooking in our Sun's brilliance since the beginning of time for our planet."
i.e. "Put an Iced cold soda in a room temperature setting, it becomes room temperature eventually."

Though I can't rule out that this may be a 'Contributor' too these events, it is not as formidable as you speculate. "It's part of the whole" so too speak. The reason why it is do strange to us now is that we have never really experienced such matters of weather patterns and natural disaster's until now.
This has been going on from the beginning of our ecosystems inception and existence.

Actually "Yes, C02 does have something to do with this issue." But, it is as I had said previously, it's part of the whole. Green house gases are very real since we have been in our current technological era. It has been proven that since the industrial age, it has gotten more polluted in our atmosphere, but I don't think it is the cause for what is going on right now.
Snow, Water and Clouds give us the reflective properties that allow for our planet to be as cool as it is now. It is getting warmer and evaporating more water molecules thus creating torrential rains and much more moisture in our atmosphere, thus, when it get s to the proper temperatures, we then get much more severe and accumulative snow falls, and keep in mind, that for every inch of snow we accumulate, it is equivalent too one 12 inches of rain (Approximately)
Though we need to know how to recycle the C02 emissions for a more positive effect on our ecosystem, we can never stop the sun from shining or control it's out put of energy and heat, and that in a nutshell is the beginning of understanding our current misunderstanding of Global warming.

I would much rather have fresh water evaporation falling back down on me. And once again the storms we can attempt to predict, but if they aren't as frequent, they may very well become fierce and destructive towards populated areas of our planet.
Hurricanes come from the Jet streams from Africa, it has been thus for ever as far as we know. But Tornadoes, Flooding and Severe Thunder storms come from Jet Streams over our continents. Watching the footage of the Sand storms in Arizona and New Mexico are fascinating and scary events that leave the mind to ponder "What next" type of ideologies, and it will always work it's way back to the fact that our celestial positioning is what has changed as we experienced such events. Nothing has remained more constant than our sun's position and radiating effects as we go through these global shifts and elliptical s.
There are ancient civilizations that have left such stories written in stone that are just now beginning to make sense too our understanding of what they may have experienced, but mainstream media and our government wouldn't want too cause a havoc effect for something they themselves are not sure of, not quite as of yet anyway.
Good post though, and that is why I responded for a quote...Allred5923....

edit on 033131p://1774 by Allred5923 because: since too sense change..vocabulary.. lol

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

yes it can

max summer temp = highest on reccord = hottest

min winter temp = lowest on record = coldest

simples

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

That is only an explanation of what we currently understand, not so much of what nature can actually produce. We aren't really aware "WHAT" can truly happen when these thing's begin to go berserk, but rest assured that the only measurements we have are the ones we have recorded thus far .
It is and has been continually changing on our planet, it is just now we are in a new station of positioning, even if that positioning is only altered by a few inches, we have never had the chance to personally experience such elliptical effects until now. As far as weather patterns go anyway.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
But, Back to the topic of original Posted thread here...LOL...

It is hard to believe that there are highly paid broadcasters out there that would even venture a question of such ignorance. But, I suppose one learns by presenting question's of such a nature... Still can't believe it though..

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

eh, wobble doesn't make much sense to me because in order for it to affect the world it would have to have a 2nd derivative. To which, that would require some force purposely turning on and off at any given time.

Without such intelligent force being present, such a wobble would quickly stabilize. It would still wobble, it just wouldn't be able to be felt because its 1st and 2nd derivative would be 0.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

eh, wobble doesn't make much sense to me because in order for it to affect the world it would have to have a 2nd derivative. To which, that would require some force purposely turning on and off at any given time.

Don't know much about our elliptical orbit, do you? I mean this in a respectful manor. The elliptical is constantly changing, for example, when the earthquake hit Japan, the polar axis shifted, some say as much as 10 inches, which in turn had Miami airports have to readjust there landing fields for corrective flight paths, you can look this up, it was discussed here during the time of the Tsunami and earthquake rather feverishly.
When the tectonic displacement took place, it actually effected the rotational elliptical (Wobble) by a considerable amount of degree.Which , on a global understanding would actually change the flow of the Jet Stream and create fluctuation in the Trough (an elongated relatively low pressure area between two high pressure areas.) This happens because we are actually floating with in our atmosphere, but the rotation of the earth drags the clouds as it keeps rotating, this why we have fluctuations in wind directions and air speeds. This is called Trade Winds (easterly-blowing winds that are found on either side of the equator and blow northeasterly in the Northern Hemisphere and southeasterly in the Southern Hemisphere.) which is slightly altered (Equator) from elliptical deviations of our orbital wobble. This in turn effects all weather patterns from their stabilized configurations of stationary elliptical to a much more chaotic response due to the earths shift, and if it is measurable, it is significant, no matter how fractional it may be.

Without such intelligent force being present, such a wobble would quickly stabilize. It would still wobble, it just wouldn't be able to be felt because its 1st and 2nd derivative would be 0.

There is a force involved, but it isn't intelligent force, it is circumstantial, as a matter of physical disturbances with in our planet and/or atmospherically. And by the way "Earths elliptical orbit is never and has never been stable." If that were to happen, the planet would be a much different place, from what I currently understand about planetary weather conditions from the past and the present.
As for 'Feeling' these shifts, you wouldn't 'Feel' the effects, you take up very little direct volume corresponding to the size of our planet. If you were gargantuan t, and could straddle one of the poles with one foot on each side, then you would feel the effects and it would be more visible as well. Land degrees change, not the space you take.
I understand your reasoning to this matter, but it is because you don't fully understand what it all entails, whether you wish too believe it or not, we are constantly going on an elliptical rotation (Earth Wobble) and you can't feel it, even if it is in the norm, you didn't feel it then either.
Elliptical shifts happen all the time, but when there is a natural disaster, such as the Earth Quake and Tsunami that hit Japan, it was measurable by our pole shift, which of course is our stability measuring tool for our elliptical orbit.
This is not nonsense, it is scientific fact. Just having you ask or rebuttal with these questions is making you a bit more knowledgeable to how our reality on earth really is, for there is no such thing as a "Stupid Question" but there are some far fetched answer's sometimes!! LOL Even some stranger than one perceives.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

But these natural events would not be some natural cycle that happens. Basically just untimely annoyances.

I can see the Earthquake as effecting things, but not that much from a small shift. Realize that thousands of planes puncture the jet stream every day.

And, being a huge gyroscope, any shift in rotation will not last significantly. And I would suspect some electromagnetic forces are at work to correct this shift slowly.

The natural wobble of the planet cannot be felt because it isn't so drastic. But if that wobble was not a constant derivative. IE, if the 2nd derivative was not 0, then it would be felt.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join