It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Confused, Baffled By The Moon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by hillynilly
They are journalist not scientist..

Do you not think he has to add lib a bit?

This does not sound like a for or against global warming..

Just asking questions like journalist do on a regular basis.

Everyone knows it is an Al Gore scam to cap and trade..

Someone has to expose this scandal...

To push awareness of a future ecological crisis and making the world consider their own wasteful practices is a conspiracy?

Have you ever asked your self who would care sooo much about being free to pollute more and faster? Don't you think there is a reason that an anti-science agenda (let's be honest, that's what Global Warming deniers are) is being pushed by the right and not the left? It's because they know the right dislike the major spokes person for Global Warming so they are easy targets to persuade to ignore science.

It's lunacy to think this is a conspiracy.

LUNACY>?

Talk about lunacy!!

Letting someone dictate who gets electricity, when they get it, how much they get,
CAP and TRADE power companies into raising our ELECTRIC BILLS 300X'S
IS LUNACY!!

All in the name of global warming are the fat cats lining their pockets!!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jigore

They hardly seem to be journalists. I prefer to think of them as talking heads. Most of them never leave a studio except for posh self-celebratory events.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by Cuervo

Once again a thread descends into the left vs right mudslinging nonsense.

I've taken away my flag.

Hah, I noticed. It's not a left vs right. It's a science vs greed issue.

Yeah I agree with you on this. What is so bad about saving our energy, coming up with more clean energy and moving away from carbons? I think it sounds awesome regardless of the party you lean towards.

The reason it's bad is because if we moved to a new power source the people who control all the energy now may no longer have total control.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

What?! So your issue is how they are handling the solution to the truth, not the truth itself. I don't exactly like how they are handling it, either... but it doesn't make the phenomenon any less true.

That has nothing to do with the thread.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Mars have two moons, Phobos and Deimos. In greek mythology, both are gods of fear.
Funny that this Bill'O guy so afraid of knowledge

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I assure you they are not this stupid, just hoping joe sixpack on the other end of the tv set is. and they thought that nye would play ball with them.

I mean these are the same people joking on a stream about how they are NOT supposed to talk about the murdoch situation. but hey, if you want to still take these snakeoil salesmen's word cause they happen to be apart of your political ideology, by all means, be a sheep!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Yeah, celebrity is a bigger factor than education in the news world. Being ''close to the public'' should not be regarded as a good thing. Most of the time, the public is wrong!
edit on 29-7-2011 by Jigore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Fox News is definitely biased toward a conservative viewpoint, but CNN and most others have defined bias with deceit. It must be pointed out that bias is present in our media at all levels and on all networks.

Originally posted by Jigore

Originally posted by hillynilly
They are journalist not scientist..

Voila! Journalists should keep an objective point of view. Saddly, we see more and more subjectivity nowadays. Journalists should report, not distort

SM2

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Yeah this is almost as bad as when Rush said that the heat index was fake. Hell no it isn't it was effing 125 here in Minnesota and it felt like it.

I don't know why either side has to push an agenda on this. We should be doing our best to reduce waste on this planet. I don't think anyone would argue this.

As far as global warming being true/false... it's hard to tell. I don't see how polluting Earth is a good thing, though.

Ok lets look at this. I think he may be asking if volcanic activity contributes to global warming more than the alarmist group concedes, as there are no fossil fuels being consumed on the moon it may provide a little insight to that, one problem with that, the lack of atmosphere. So either way it is little dumb, but maybe not as dumb as some of you are saying.

The heat index thing is made up, just so you know, if it is 95 degrees with a heat index of 126, then it is still only 95. The heat index doesnt make it actually hotter. The index makes assumptions based on humidity, wind speed, wind direction, close proximity to large bodies of water, air density, individual body weight, individual body fat and overall health plus the amount of clothing you wear. If they say the heat index is 130, its NOT 130 degrees. It just feels like that. If you are larger then me, then it may feel a degree or 2 warmer to you than it does to me, so it's not even an accurate measurement. It is the same thing as the wind chill factor in winter. So no it was not 125 in minnesota.

www.crh.noaa.gov...

" A record high minimum temperature was set on July 18th, when a low temperature of 80 degrees was recorded at Minneapolis - St. Paul International Airport. The previous record was 78 degrees which was set in 1986.
A record high minimum temperature was also set on July 20th, when a low temperature of 80 degrees was recorded. The previous record was 76 degrees which was set in 1901, 1935 and 1940.
The record high minimum temperature was tied on July 17th, with a low temperature of 79 degrees. The record was previously set in 1936 and 1942.
A heat index value of 119 degrees was calculated from a temperature of 95 and dew point of 82 at the airport at 4PM on July 19th.
A new hourly dew point record was set on July 19th: A record high minimum temperature was set on July 18th, when a low temperature of 80 degrees was recorded at Minneapolis - St. Paul International Airport. The previous record was 78 degrees which was set in 1986.
A record high minimum temperature was also set on July 20th, when a low temperature of 80 degrees was recorded. The previous record was 76 degrees which was set in 1901, 1935 and 1940.
The record high minimum temperature was tied on July 17th, with a low temperature of 79 degrees. The record was previously set in 1936 and 1942.
A heat index value of 119 degrees was calculated from a temperature of 95 and dew point of 82 at the airport at 4PM on July 19th. "

So it was 95 not 119, thats a huge difference. How living in a state where the temperature is 103 in the shade without the heat index. 95 is not that bad, its 96 right now where I am.
edit on 29-7-2011 by SM2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I agree. I am a band director and I have been tracking heat for marching camp for 20 years, and another 20 before that (father was a band director). There are hot spells every summer. This one is no different. We are at a solar maximum right now so it is expected that weather will be abnormal. As I said before, bias will come as a reflection of your viewpoint. All the more reason for the average person to be savvy when it comes to truth.

Originally posted by SM2

Yeah this is almost as bad as when Rush said that the heat index was fake. Hell no it isn't it was effing 125 here in Minnesota and it felt like it.

I don't know why either side has to push an agenda on this. We should be doing our best to reduce waste on this planet. I don't think anyone would argue this.

As far as global warming being true/false... it's hard to tell. I don't see how polluting Earth is a good thing, though.

So it was 95 not 119, thats a huge difference. How living in a state where the temperature is 103 in the shade without the heat index. 95 is not that bad, its 96 right now where I am.
edit on 29-7-2011 by SM2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
...really - its not just the actors on fox who are contracted to be liars... its all of em, even bbc and npr...

...any day now i expect one of those propaganda outlets to say that its been confirmed that global warming is 100% due to human flatulation...

...wasnt all that long ago (so it seems) that some idiot put out a report that claimed global warming was due to pig farts... funny thing (in a sick twisted kind of way) is that some people actually believed that...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I thought the was trying to make some kind of a comparison into what foundation the scientific conclusion of volcanoes was arrived at, as against the fractured climate change debate/debacle.

In a way the guest answered back in vein when he eventually said something like "no, this is real science"

in a way they were both having a dig at AGW if all is in context.
edit on 29-7-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

what utter twaddle - the correct title is " Jon Scott confused by the moon "

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by Cuervo

what utter twaddle - the correct title is " Jon Scott confused by the moon "

Eh... in these cases, it's safe to say the institution that backs these people are obligated to take responsibility. When Rachel Maddow says something, people say the "left" said it. When Papa Bear Bill says something, it's the "right" that says it.

I see your point but it's just the way it is in media. Of course... it also might be one of the things that propagate the left/right false war. Now I'll have to ponder it. Dammit.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
They're connected to mining....WTF? Was that a dumb *&^$ moment or was he slipping something in there.
2nd

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Just another fine example of how stupid these anchors/reporters are. They only read what's given to them, they don't think, and if they do try to think they usually mess that up too.

Why anyone takes MSM seriously is beyond me

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I've never heard a Global Warming skeptic say that pollution is a good thing. But trying to classify CO2 as a pollutant is lunacy, it's a needed component to life, we breath it out for gods sake, plants won't grow without it.

What it has done is take everyones eyes off the real problems, like the pollution of our waters. If we had all the money back that was wasted on Global Warmongering we might actually be able to do something about it.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

But trying to classify CO2 as a pollutant is lunacy, it's a needed component to life,

So is salt, ever tried eating a bowl of it?

edit on 29-7-2011 by Mike_A because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I believe global warming is happening, but I still think asking about apparently new lunar volcanism is a valid scientific question. Extend it further. What if all the planets and moons in the solar system started exhibiting signs of extra heating? That would be clear evidence that there is external/extra solar heating at work.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
reply to post by AGWskeptic

But trying to classify CO2 as a pollutant is lunacy, it's a needed component to life,

So is salt, ever tried eating a bowl of it?

edit on 29-7-2011 by Mike_A because: (no reason given)

Another strawman heard from.

Do you understand how little of the atmosphere is CO2?

Or how little of that CO2 is manmade?

Educate yourself, stop having it spoonfed to you by the establishment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join