It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Confused, Baffled By The Moon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Wait, wait...volcanism...on the moon?

Well, I suppose that certainly rules out the moon being two things:

A. an intergalactic space station
B. made of cheese

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
i would have loved to see fox news during the cold war. that's entertainment.

edit on 29-7-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
double post

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The global warming scam is just another way for the elite to take our money, while we live in fear they live in luxury

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

well he was talking to "louie nye the science guy" from nickelodeon.

and not stephen hawking.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Volcanism on the moon is virtually impossible.

www.noanswersingenesis.org.au...

Traditional science thinks the moon is of similar age to the earth. Due to its size and current observations, volcanic activity would have had to end on it a long time ago.

Then there is the other theory, actually advanced by Soviet scientists. The linked article explains it further.

www.theepochtimes.com...

That theory is that the moon was manufactured. It is basically a hollow body with a very hard outer surface.

In this case, volcanism on the moon would also be impossible. But point heat sources would not. This could be a heat vent for an internal power generation station!

So let' s keep our pants on about this whole mess. Both FOX News and traditional scientists could have their heads up their asses, and probably do. The truth could be much stranger than their fictions.

Keep discovering.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

ahh those intelligent little nuts over at Fox

I dont understand how someone could confuse climate change, fossil fuels and the atmosphere with Volcanic activity... i mean really

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Still watching that garbage? It's not news. Fox news stopped being news around 1999.

Too true, I watch FOX news when im feeling upset or depressed just to cheer me up a lil bit

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

The salt example was an analogy, not a strawman. I’m starting to think people on this site don’t know what a strawman is; seems like it's become a buzzword on here now.

You said that CO2 was not a pollutant because it is needed for life to exist, while true this fact does not change the fact that too much CO2 has adverse effects. Just as salt is a necessary component in sustaining life this fact alone is not sufficient to say that salt cannot be harmful.

Do you understand how little of the atmosphere is CO2?

Or how little of that CO2 is manmade?

Those two points in isolation are irrelevant; what matters is the amount of CO2 that is sufficient to cause an increase in aggregate CO2 levels and thus change global temperature and whether or not manmade sources produce that amount or more.

You could point out that there’s a stable 1000 tons of naturally produced CO2 in the atmosphere and mankind only produces 250kg but that doesn’t matter if that additional 250kg is enough to cause a change.

Note the above are of course not correct figures, they’re just used as an illustration.

I see wirehead has already said this but I’ve written it out now so here’s my post too ^

reply to post by smurfy

AGW has it right in context,

Without the greenhouse effect we do not exist at our level.

Of course not but again you can’t live without salt but that doesn’t mean you can ingest any amount you like without adverse effects (analogy!).

No one wants to eradicate CO2, only curtail its increase.

reply to post by neo96

what man thinks he knows and what he really knows is a misnomer this earth has been around for billions of years and man has only been here for a blink of an eye mans knowledge isnt anywhere near what he thinks it is.

Yet you are so knowledgeable that you can dismiss the decade long work of thousands of highly qualified and experienced researchers?

Are you at least qualified in a related field?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by Cuervo

well he was talking to "louie nye the science guy" from nickelodeon.

and not stephen hawking.

His name is Bill not Louie. The reason why they used him for the interview is seeing that he is used to teaching children he knows how to dumb it down so the average Fox watcher would be able to understand him.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
i would have loved to see fox news during the cold war. that's entertainment.

Give it a few more minutes. I was listening to Hannity on the radio Thursday and he was talking about the scary ass Commies the whole 20 minute drive. The red scare is returning. Bomb shelters are boombing business! I cannot wait for the fox science news about how wooden desks protect you from nucYAlur fallout.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The notion that people who believe Global Warming are just arrogant humans who think they're more important than they are is such a tired and idiotic argument.

In case you haven't realised there's estimated to be 7 billion people on planet Earth. Being concerned that the number is too high and we're polluting the planet is not arrogance. 7 BILLION.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
It would be great to have a separate forum for FOX news, Sorcha Faal, EU Times and other propaganda. I'm sure everyone is aware that FOX isn't news. That's why Canada banned them from setting up shop over the border. They have a law about what qualifies as news and FOX doesn't.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
NASA discredited "global warming on Thursday...who cares what Fox screwed up?..Its no big deal...the mouthpiece is reading off a prompter...like obawmba does
edit on 7/30/2011 by Homedawg because: sp

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I can't believe this thread has gone on for four pages and the actual interview is still not been viewed. This is what I think happened: (BTW credit goes to 1annunnakibastard for originally posting this in Zorgons current Moonbase thread)

Bill Nye, the "science guy" of Fox News was interviewed these days, about this alleged volcanic radioactive hotspot on the Moon, and he said this:

"...This means, that there's more to it, than you thought first......"cos one of the two questions that trouble all of us, john....Are we alone and where did we come from?"

IMO Bill starts talking crypticly about 1:35 in the interview. Imediately after, the anchor (John) just lets anything fly out of his mouth (I bet the producers were yelling in his earpiece LOL) and the next thing we know, we have confusion on the air about moon rocks and global warming.

Bill Nye interview

Come on ATS!! Bill just tossed us an easter egg and it almost got away..........................

hurry and view the vid before it goes away.
edit on 30-7-2011 by Khaaaaaan!! because: BILL and Zorgon are trying to be "FIRST"............. he he..........

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

ya, i guess you're right, my bad.

he's good for inflating balloons with baking soda and vinegar.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
The notion that people who believe Global Warming are just arrogant humans who think they're more important than they are is such a tired and idiotic argument.

In case you haven't realised there's estimated to be 7 billion people on planet Earth. Being concerned that the number is too high and we're polluting the planet is not arrogance. 7 BILLION.

So what? The entire human population can live in Australia and we would still have room to spare. 95% of the world's landmass is uninhabited.

The fact that we choose to live on top of eachother in cities with tens of millions of people doesnt make EARTH overpopulated.

Overpopulation is like global warming, a hoax brought to life to push freedom restrictions.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
So bill says the moon is being mined thats funny who has been mining the moon bill?
bill is a joke if they wanted to use a good kids scientist they would have used beakman lol

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

you get a star for being smarter than the average cookie keep up the good educating

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Ya where has he been this whole time i miss steven he has some insane ideas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join