It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Confused, Baffled By The Moon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Fox News Confused, Baffled By The Moon

mediamatters.org

Yesterday, Fox News anchor Jon Scott invited Bill Nye ("The Science Guy") to talk about newly discovered volcanism on the moon. Scott, for reasons that aren't entirely clear, asked if the existence of a volcano on the moon somehow casts doubt on climate change science: "It's not like we've been up there burning fossil fuels." Nye, clearly taken by surprise, patiently and slowly explained to Scott that, no, volcanoes have nothing to do with fossil fuels:
(visit the link for the full news article)

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Oh. My. Word. It's like FOX is sooooo chomping at the bit to discredit Global Warming that they are willing to connect the unconnectable. Bill Nye's WTF face is just priceless.

By this rationale, I can disprove Global Warming by pointing to fun house mirrors and saying "but my reflection is skinny, dammit! I don't need to lose weight!"

mediamatters.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Yeah this is almost as bad as when Rush said that the heat index was fake. Hell no it isn't it was effing 125 here in Minnesota and it felt like it.

I don't know why either side has to push an agenda on this. We should be doing our best to reduce waste on this planet. I don't think anyone would argue this.

As far as global warming being true/false... it's hard to tell. I don't see how polluting Earth is a good thing, though.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
They are journalist not scientist..

Do you not think he has to add lib a bit?

This does not sound like a for or against global warming..

Just asking questions like journalist do on a regular basis.

Everyone knows it is an Al Gore scam to cap and trade..

Someone has to expose this scandal...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Still watching that garbage? It's not news. Fox news stopped being news around 1999.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly

To push awareness of a future ecological crisis and making the world consider their own wasteful practices is a conspiracy?

Have you ever asked your self who would care sooo much about being free to pollute more and faster? Don't you think there is a reason that an anti-science agenda (let's be honest, that's what Global Warming deniers are) is being pushed by the right and not the left? It's because they know the right dislike the major spokes person for Global Warming so they are easy targets to persuade to ignore science.

It's lunacy to think this is a conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Once again a thread descends into the left vs right mudslinging nonsense.

I've taken away my flag.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
LOL I remember when Fox was saying things more stupid than this during our long cold winter...

Where is Global warming now.... the winter has been one of the coldest on record.

I would just shake my head thinking "god... idiots..."

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Personaly speaking, I have my limits. I know that in order to get a fair take on the news, its best to absorb news from a wide variety of places, rather than one single source. This way you get a balanced look at the issues which are being discussed, and a bigger picture. But, there is a point at which a desire for a balanced world veiw must be tempered by standards.

To that end, I have never , and will never allow myself to watch Fox news for even the merest of moments, enough to catch the headlines, before getting the hell out of the room, or putting something else on. Frankly speaking, although I know the BBC can be biased as hell and incredible asses at times, at least I can pick the crap out of it before I absorb it. With Fox you could go fact fishing in a three day recording of Fox news, and be yet to find an accurately researched or well reported fact . All you get is propegandist BS! Theres NO value in that crap whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Good gods... tell me I somehow woke up in a dimension of stupid, where things like this could conceivably happen... Poor Bill Nye, a fixture of my childhood forced to deal with someone who is clearly a blithering, mouth breathing idiot...

I feel for you Science Guy!!!

link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by Cuervo

I've taken away my flag.

Hah, I noticed. It's not a left vs right. It's a science vs greed issue.

link   

Nahh I think it is more like they are playing dumb to cater towards an agenda.

I don't know what I exactly believe on the subject, but I am all for keeping the planet clean and moving towards green for energy sufficient reasons.

I think it would be an awesome job creator as well.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by Cuervo

I've taken away my flag.

Hah, I noticed. It's not a left vs right. It's a science vs greed issue.

Yeah I agree with you on this. What is so bad about saving our energy, coming up with more clean energy and moving away from carbons? I think it sounds awesome regardless of the party you lean towards.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Its newscasters like this guy that makes me want to purchase an AK and go postal on news anchors. I may end up in prison but the world will thank me for it later lols. The world would be collectively smarter if these people did not exist.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Audio form the interview.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Voila! Journalists should keep an objective point of view. Saddly, we see more and more subjectivity nowadays. Journalists should report, not distort

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Journalist? I would say they are more commentators than they are journalist because a journalist will do some research into what topic they will be discussing during a interview so they won't look like total idiots. Commentators just spout the questions they are given and seeing how FOX is nothing but a right wing propaganda machine it's not surprising he brought up global warming.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

‎"No... volcanoes aren't connected to, uh, fossil fuels. They are connected to... mining"

Man... I've had my beef with Bill Nye in the past but he's redeemed himself.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It's not a surprise really. Fox news has had previous mishaps with trying to understand the moon.

How'd the moon get there? How'd it get there? You can't explain that. Never a miscommunication

Bill O'Reilly, "How did the moon get there"

My favourite part is when he says how come we have a moon, and Mars doesn't

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join