It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Confused, Baffled By The Moon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Fox News Confused, Baffled By The Moon

mediamatters.org

Yesterday, Fox News anchor Jon Scott invited Bill Nye ("The Science Guy") to talk about newly discovered volcanism on the moon. Scott, for reasons that aren't entirely clear, asked if the existence of a volcano on the moon somehow casts doubt on climate change science: "It's not like we've been up there burning fossil fuels." Nye, clearly taken by surprise, patiently and slowly explained to Scott that, no, volcanoes have nothing to do with fossil fuels:
(visit the link for the full news article)

I am really stumped now, i could have sworn i read that he died about 1 month/2 month ago. I know there are many "XYZ is dead" internet hoaxes around all the time - but i really remember reading this on some mainstream news site.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
IMHO Fox News forgot they were serving koolaid and started drinking it

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
What I find rather amusing by journalists is the way they type or rather put words together... I'm sure some don't take the time to re-read their stuff before posting. If you follow the first link then click on the text within the 3rd paragraph it takes you to Time's website that talks about the Volcano on the moon's far side where none should be... but the very first sentence is a bit awkward.

Yesterday, Fox News anchor Jon Scott invited Bill Nye ("The Science Guy") to talk about newly discovered volcanism on the moon....

Awkward Sentence: Source

Human beings have been staring at the moon since long before we were human beings at all.

As far as I can tell human beings have been human beings since a human was a human... right?

edit on 7/29/2011 by wyldwylly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Not that I support any particular news network, but Fox News wasn't the one baffled by the moon. In the article, I read that Jon Scott, who happens to be employed by Fox News, was baffled.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by imherejusttoread
reply to post by Cuervo

Not that I support any particular news network, but Fox News wasn't the one baffled by the moon. In the article, I read that Jon Scott, who happens to be employed by Fox News, was baffled.

And the same people who wrote the article, wrote the headline. Not me.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Not the first time, nor the last that news-reporters (note I did NOT say journalists
) have flunked science.

Remember during the big tsunami scare when CNN didn't know where Hawaii was?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Not the first time, nor the last that news-reporters (note I did NOT say journalists
) have flunked science.

Remember during the big tsunami scare when CNN didn't know where Hawaii was?

OLD DIRTY sanchez got fired hard...

Thanks for the laUGH.

I think the moral of the story, EVERYONE makes gaffs.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Originally posted by Mike_A
reply to post by AGWskeptic

But trying to classify CO2 as a pollutant is lunacy, it's a needed component to life,

So is salt, ever tried eating a bowl of it?

edit on 29-7-2011 by Mike_A because: (no reason given)

Another strawman heard from.

Do you understand how little of the atmosphere is CO2?

Or how little of that CO2 is manmade?

Educate yourself, stop having it spoonfed to you by the establishment.

None of that matters. The question you should be asking is "what are the effects on the environment of increasing the amount of human-generated CO2"

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wirehead

AGW has it right in context,

Without the greenhouse effect we do not exist at our level.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
global warming is mans arrogrance to think he has anywhere near the power of mother nature

climate change is a fact

the difference is the politlical ideology that latched on to bad science to push a political agenda that will do nothing but destroy trillion dollar industries and take decades to replace and take trillions more to make products that cant be made any other way with the caviat all those jobs lost will never be here or ever come back they will be outsourced to cheaper place in the rest of the world.

what man thinks he knows and what he really knows is a misnomer this earth has been around for billions of years and man has only been here for a blink of an eye mans knowledge isnt anywhere near what he thinks it is.

to the op its a given people arent that smart as they think they are and i attribute that to government throwing billions of dollars that produce less than stellar results.

doesnt matter what station it is anyone on "tv" these days well all i can say what do you expect?

they dont get paid for being rocket scientists
edit on 29-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
opps, wrong topic
edit on 29-7-2011 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the dude on the right an Uber UFO skeptic?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

HAS Fox News ANY credibility left? Did it have any to begin with? Does Rupert Murdoch even care about factual newscasts at all?

So many questions - so few answers...

J.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
global warming is mans arrogrance to think he has anywhere near the power of mother nature

climate change is a fact

the difference is the politlical ideology that latched on to bad science to push a political agenda that will do nothing but destroy trillion dollar industries and take decades to replace and take trillions more to make products that cant be made any other way with the caviat all those jobs lost will never be here or ever come back they will be outsourced to cheaper place in the rest of the world.

what man thinks he knows and what he really knows is a misnomer this earth has been around for billions of years and man has only been here for a blink of an eye mans knowledge isnt anywhere near what he thinks it is.

to the op its a given people arent that smart as they think they are and i attribute that to government throwing billions of dollars that produce less than stellar results.

doesnt matter what station it is anyone on "tv" these days well all i can say what do you expect?

they dont get paid for being rocket scientists
edit on 29-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Wow!! Almost word for word you just reiterated the Oil Industries tired and totally un-scientific argument! Either you bought into their BS, or you get your paycheck from them.
This 'Global Warming Is Bunk" argument has been dead in the water almost since the day the Oil Industry dreamed it all up...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by aRogue

He's a skeptic on anything that hasn't been proven. He is a SCIENtist.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

show me where in all that "Scientific proof" that science has taken into account the earths flucuations in its magnetic field or the suns ? or the cooling of the earths core or the rise of the suns?

dude whatever keep pushing that that will destroy millions of jobs off to india and china that you cant regulate.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

dude whatever keep pushing that that will destroy millions of jobs off to india and china that you cant regulate.

Where have been? Those jobs have already gone to india and china.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Fox News is for the stupid and the ignorant

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Fox News is really starting to wane a little bit on the science coverage in general. I think it proves what Fox News is really focused on which is political coverage. In turn, it politicizes themselves and their own views and the science is just an added "What the hay" kind of add-on when they really have no idea what they're talking about.

All they really do is post up stories published by other websites and news agencies and change the name of the story slightly.

If you really want decent science news, I recommend www.livescience.com .

Like half of Fox News science stories that are even remotely interesting are from that site.

Also, Bill Nye is a really smart guy but sort of a closed-minded drone when it comes to possibility of alien life and other unexplained phenomenon. That is exactly why they devert to him on science related content.

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by aRogue

He's a skeptic on anything that hasn't been proven. He is a SCIENtist.

Have you actually seen the Larry King Live special in which Bill Nye basically makes a complete &#^ out of himself?

If that's the smartest we've got, that's pretty sad.

-ChriS

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join