It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Brother's and Sister's in Christ!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Thanks Revelation9! Happy to fight the good fight with you!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Consider the persecution that was happening to people at the hands of tyranny in around the year 1500. The Roman Empire, under the rule of Charles V and Pope Leo, used religion as a means of subjugation and control of the people. Martin Luther, a German professor of theology, realized that men were being wrongly used by religion. The false church was selling indulgences to the people for the forgiveness of sins. Not only were they profiting from counterfeit currency, they had taken the truth of God and counterfeited it as well. No evil in the world can succeed unless it uses truth in some form to trick the minds of men. If we do as Luther did, we can rightly divide the truth from the false.

Where was God at this time? Follow history and you already know. The development of the printing press along with the recent discovery of a new continent reveals the truth. The printing press, a new continent and the printing of the English Bible allowed 70 million people to exit tyranny for freedom in America. Truth was separated from the counterfeit and America became the marketplace of ideas; the land of liberty; the shining light in a dark place.

As you consider the literacy that followed the printing of the English Bible, realize that the very words you read here today on ATS are directly traced to the Bible. Without this motivation for love, honor, freedom, liberty and above all, JUSTICE, we would not be here today reading my words. We owe it all to God. If you cannot see this, at least see that the words in the Bible are the direct reflection of all that we hold as good or evil in our current society. For this we owe all Christians a debt of thanks.

Read Luther's 95 Thesis if you get a chance. LINK

Do words have the power to do harm? Do they have the power to change the world? Which of the following words changed your world?

John 1

Mein Kampf

13,025,911 HITS and counting.

edit on 29-7-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I am ready to save souls whether they like it or not.
reply to post by wdkirk

"Whether they like it or not" I would say everyone should "like" it. I really do as I am sure your eternity could be spoiled if you have a spoiled heart and not one that shows love. Love is the way to peace if you have not noticed.
If you or anyone for that matter have not researched for years to UNDERSTAND the word and the message then watch this video. For ten minutes listen to a man that once called himself an "Atheist".

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

You wrote:

["Wrong! Christianity wordl wide has been growing and growing in popularity. Just because someone says they follow Christ does not mean they are really following Him."]

You are probably reading some statistic very different from the ones I rely on (I have tried to find the most 'neutral' I could).

Quote: ["What are you so anti-Christ, mate? What is your agenda."]

How on earth have you arrived at the conclusion, that I am "anti-christ"? I am anti-monopolist, anti-elitist, anti-authoritarian, anti-hierarchist, no matter what direction it comes from.

Quote: ["I follow Christ as best I can and I am a much better person for it. I love Him with all my heart because I know who He is and what He did to help humanity."]

This being good for you, doesn't mean it's good for everybody. Learn the difference between offering and pushing.

Quote: ["Have you read the Bible?"]

Obviously this is a rhetorical question, because you answer it yourself

Quote: ["Read it all then you will be an expert on it and can dole out the criticism can't you!"]

I have read the bible, though.

Quote: [" If you read The N.T you will discover that our Saviour has already won The Battle."]

Humouristically joning this circle-argumentation: No, the flying spaghetti monster has "won the battle". Recently.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
In a previous thread, you were standing for Liberal Humanism and stated that Egalitarian rule was the way to go. I disagree with you on this and recognize freedom and liberty by the rule of the people. As you point out, many false Christians use the broad gate of truth wrapped in counterfeit for all kinds of false reasons.

Matthew 7:13-14

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by SuperiorEd

You wrote:

["Christianity stands for honor, freedom, liberty and justice for all...not just the few who rule."]

Pity this hasn't been obvious, when some of the christianities have been in power.

Quote: ["In the US, Christians are still free for now."]

But then US isn't the cultural center of the world; there are commies, jihadists, neo-nazis, probably a few hidden black Kali-thuggees etc out there also (to take some of the more unpleasant examples), ....as well as a lot of decent people who just want to get along with their lives, without being involved in the powerfights between self-appointed elitists.

Quote: ["Around the world Christians are being restricted by tyrannical law, having their churches burned to the ground, having their homes destroyed and being thrown in prison for reading scripture together."]

So YOUR elitist crusade is 'righteous', because you're persecuted somewhere. There's a new-fangled political invention called egalitarian, secular, liberal democracy, where you can benefit from an advanced degree of personal freedom. DO try it.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by Cor Leonis

Much love for you OP.... You speak of hate all throughout the post and now look at all of them flocking to show how right you really are. Its sad! So many could love with their words and hearts regardless of color, religion, or ethnicity but its too hard for some to love.....they have too much hate in their heart. It is those that must be shown how to love as Jesus loves us.

Amen and AMEN! Thank you so much for reminding me this morning how its always has been when you speak of Jesus and his love. Times may get a lot worse but I will never fear as I am destined for a blissful home.

Much love to you and yours Brother!! xoxoxox

Jenn

So every power-crazed ideology, like some factions of christianity, which naturally creates it's own opposition, are 'true', BECAUSE of the opposition. Topsy-turvy logic.
edit on 29-7-2011 by bogomil because: wrong pasting

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Upon rereading the OP it is clear that the intent was words of encouragement for like-minded individuals. I see nowhere in the post addressing people with opposing views. If this is something that we can all agree upon, then why do you feel that an agenda is being pushed? One is not even being offered!

Do you honestly feel that there is nothing behind the outright hostility that is expressed upon people at the mere mention of anything Christ related? We are called sheeple for following our God but at least we know we are being led. How much more is a person a sheeple for not even knowing they are following?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

This thread is about people having and spreading hate for Christians. You are showing yours by analyzing every word to fit your ideology. Why must you get it all twisted and why must you do it all the time.....is it not exhausting for you?

Also, it says clearly Dear Brothers and Sisters. If you do not consider yourself a brother or sister then why reply? Where is the logic in that?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I'm afraid I take a rather dark view of the heart of Christianity. Based on a lie it cannot help but be regressive and struggle to discover authenticity. For the majority of believers it offers a fantasy, an easy theology that excuses them from making any real effort at discovering the truth. At its worst it is a dangerous doctrine that seriously misleads and deludes its followers, taking them across the chasm into group psychosis.

In Jesus’ name, Boogity Boogity Boogity, amen

A raped, unengaged virgin must marry her rapist and they can never divorce Deuteronomy 22:28-29
Hmmm not my kind of god. But of course your God says this if the bible is truth, and so I can only think that you
are good with this.

How many times have you heard some lame christian say the old testament doesn’t matter, Jesus was the lamb and abolished it, yet their chist jesus plainly said the old law was to remain in force until heaven and earth passed away and all is accomplished. Do you know the book of Matthew?

Take for instance how Biblicists approach the old testament. They leap in and out of the old law like a porpoise in a ship’s wake. If you like it quote it, if you don't like it, hmmm don't quote it. aren’t the ten commandments part of the old law? I take it you understand what I am saying.

Bastards can’t enter the Lord’s congregation. Deuteronomy 23:2 Hey, I know this is harsh, but God commands it, hence it must be “just”.

A garment composed of wool and linen cannot be worn. Deuteronomy 22:11

If your going to quote the ten commandments, why is it ok to ignore the other tenets?

If sin is transgression of the law as 1 John says somewhere in my memory bank, then you should be following all the old laws.

So it is not a lie to get you to believe that there is an invisible man who lives in the sky, and he watches everything we do. We asked for rules, and he passed down ten of them that we must never break, and if we do, we will go to hell for all eternity, tortured every single moment of existence in the most painful and humiliating way possible. Oh, and he loves you. Had to add this, a favorite of my uncle's.

Oh Lord give me faith...philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away.

It would seem to me that the invisible and the non-existent look very much alike.

Where it is a duty to worship the son it is pretty sure to be a crime to examine the laws of heat.

Faith is often the boast of the man who is too lazy to investigate. But I love you..

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

It is not discord I am attempting, but I do have a right to my opinion. Just as you do.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

You wrote:

["In a previous thread, you were standing for Liberal Humanism and stated that Egalitarian rule was the way to go."]

I'm ALWAYS standing for egalitarian, secular, liberal democracy (as I prefer to call it; please observe my strict self-definitions)

Quote: ["I disagree with you on this and recognize freedom and liberty by the rule of the people."]

What "rule" of what "people". Those who are just a bit more elitistic 'egalitarian' than the rest of us, and just 'know' ultimate truth and enforce it for 'our own good'. This is called dictatorship, no matter how much semantic gymnastics it's wrapped in.

Quote: [" Matthew 7:13-14

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."]

Exactly, and the few (self-appointed) elect shall guide us.

No thanks. My position on this stays as it is.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by undead trev

Even if that opinion is bigoted I suppose! Why not just leave us "fools" to our own foolishness and not even worry about our foolish rantings about our zombie space alien god? Why is it so important to point out our stupidity?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by bogomil

Upon rereading the OP it is clear that the intent was words of encouragement for like-minded individuals. I see nowhere in the post addressing people with opposing views. If this is something that we can all agree upon, then why do you feel that an agenda is being pushed? One is not even being offered!

Do you honestly feel that there is nothing behind the outright hostility that is expressed upon people at the mere mention of anything Christ related? We are called sheeple for following our God but at least we know we are being led. How much more is a person a sheeple for not even knowing they are following?

I suggest you save the (christian-last-resort) approach of pop-psychology and character-analyses of opposition to a relevant thread. This is not about my or other critics-of-extremism psychology.

You have already been through the 'innocent'-attitude before. Shall I repeat the same answer, as long as you repeat the same pro-sermon argument. Your choice.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by bogomil

This thread is about people having and spreading hate for Christians. You are showing yours by analyzing every word to fit your ideology. Why must you get it all twisted and why must you do it all the time.....is it not exhausting for you?

Also, it says clearly Dear Brothers and Sisters. If you do not consider yourself a brother or sister then why reply? Where is the logic in that?

No, it's about using the 'persecution-gambit' as a reason to preach.

As to my character etc. Leave it. It's topic-irrelevant.

(PS WHAT is "my ideology". Does it refer to my anti-authoritarian, pro-democractic position?)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Don't know what country you live in but last time I checked in the U.S. we have the right to openly practice our religion. I do not profess to be innocent by any means. I applaud the OP's courage for their post, knowing that what you are doing would be the result.

Proverbs 21:11
When THE scorner is punished, THE simple is made wise: and when THE WISE is instructed, he receiveth knowledge.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by undead trev

Its funny!

You speak of "they" say this and "they" say that. Ha! Have you ever took the time to not only read the Bible but study it for yourself? Have you ever researched it?

Do you have any idea how silly it would be to go your entire life without really taking a good look at what has happened in our past and what is coming to be? We are all foolish when it comes to the TRUTH. Do not forget that.

Do you have any idea about the entire Creation and what IT is all about (Light, Stars, Energy, Planets, and the human race)?

Do you not think it was meant to be confusing and create doubt? This is our history for Knowledge....confusing..... and will never KNOW until we are without flesh and only spirit once again.

You can pick out any quotes and hate on them or you can try to research and understand. If one does not understand he tends to be naive.

It boils down to trust. Trust in love or trust in hate.....your choice. Whatever one chooses to be the spirit reflects.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
You post on a forum knowing there are many points of view, indeed even within religions there are different points of view. You also know there are Atheists on site who will contend points with you. Could this be a problem of identification for, in this particular instance Christians. In that you identify with the supposed sufferings of this Jesus figure creating a need for persecution that causes you to satisfy that persecution complex by posting when you know you will have infidels like myself propounding other points of view.
If this story had any truth in it and there had been such a person tortured for our sins then your masochistic attempts to identify yourself with such a figure is misplaced. After all we humans supposedly tortured him and he was supposedly the one that suffered so it is not a shared experience. As to God as love I am posting a video with this from someone who has studied the bible a lot more than I.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

What message do you want to convey ?

"You are stupid for believing? I am better than you? I know everything?"

Why bash because a belief or a non belief. Do you see how people like you make the message to his Brothers/Sisters a true message?

We didn't create the cosmos but we are creating our destiny. The more people we have on this planet who spread hate and not love will be the cause of human extinction.

For the ones who do not have it in them to be nice or to show love through your words.....you are a part of the worlds problem ...please change your way of thinking so we may spread peace and not war!

I would LOVE for my children to have a chance among all the Beasts who only want to spread words and actions of attacking their brother/sister for not being like them and spreading hate.

We all have a choice....make it wisely and do not be so foolish into believing everything that will cause your spirit to go away from the light. Stay in the light and spread love....it makes for a better life and future.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Why would you or anyone go off of someones point of view. Where is your own view with the studies you have taken time for TRUE KNOWLEDGE for YOU? Thats like me trying to make a case as a lawyer to defend someone when I have not done any research, have limited knowledge of my client and go in the courtroom blinded to the facts as I SEE THEM.

We have a history that teaches us our past. We have other human beings telling stories all over the world their experience. If you want to take others words too...I do not blame you. We can learn from them as well. But please....do your own research and know more for yourself so you may have more knowledge.

WHAT IF......everything in the Bible is true? Then what?

As to God as love I am posting a video with this from someone who has studied the bible a lot more than I.
reply to post by goldentorch

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by bogomil

Don't know what country you live in but last time I checked in the U.S. we have the right to openly practice our religion. I do not profess to be innocent by any means. I applaud the OP's courage for their post, knowing that what you are doing would be the result.

Proverbs 21:11
When THE scorner is punished, THE simple is made wise: and when THE WISE is instructed, he receiveth knowledge.

I live in Europe, where our local pushy extremists aren't heckled, on the the silent understanding, that they in their turn don't yell at people from soap-boxes at streetcorners or try to interfere extra-parliamentory in politics or other public functions.

It mainly functions to everybody's satisfaction, though there ofcourse are exceptions, who put themselves above the law. Such are mostly considered in need of medical care here.

Bogomil 21:11

"When the missionary has been cured of social-interaction inability, the uneducated will be brought up to contemporary standard, and the wise will continue to shy away from self-proclaimed 'absolutes', everything will be honky-dory."
edit on 29-7-2011 by bogomil because: dictionary fault

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join