It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Brother's and Sister's in Christ!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

I think if you met a truly loving person, you'd understand. To understand the character of Christ it to understand true love, without any expectations. Any doctrine or commandment was set there so that love could be perfect. Any infiltration you have seen that is not love, is not of God. I don't mean to preach at you, and I'm sorry you've had (what seems like to me) nothing but terrible examples of love, but if you have chosen this path in life, your own path, that is your decision. It is only my prayer that you find relief in your times of trouble in this world because it's a very lonely place without the perfect love of God.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Originally posted by bogomil
My alleged shortcomings would thus be, that I oppose ideological fascism in general, which actually is a kind of virtue in democracy.

Doesn't freedom of religion also include freedom of speech? Sounds like your saying it's ok to be religious, but you can't talk about it or share with others

So in short you just want all Christians to shut up so you and your buddies can rule the world. No need to rush the issue, after all, the saints (Christians) will be delivered in to the hands of the Beast for times, time and half a time. I guess your just getting the boys ready

It's always an experience to have people telling me, what I've said. Because I can't recall to have said anything about restrictions in freedom of speech either.

But to cut it short, freedom of speech isn't a one-way privilege of missionary christians. Freedom of speech is a two-way option.

Quote: ["So in short you just want all Christians to shut up so you and your buddies can rule the world."]

Yep, me and my terrible e.s.l. democracy buddies. Bleep it, you just broke our best kept conspiracy secret. Democracy is just a disguised christian-terminator system.

But please DO let your fantasies unroll further, it's fascinating, what you can make out of nothing.

Quote: ["I guess your just getting the boys ready"]

Yes, and they are all skinny, spectacled, intellectual liberals with names such as 'liver-eating Jones', 'Sam-the-saint-squasher', 'Sweet Lilith' (he's a transvestit you wouldn't want to be around) and I myself am known as Bogomil the almost Merciless.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

It's in my own personal opinion that the true character of God hasn't been represented to you, because you have refused to seek Him based on what another Christian has said. Take a look at mankind, Christian or not, we all have this inherent desire to rise above all the hate and corruption of this world. It's my belief that it is impossible to do so without understanding the Creator and His character. I personally do not say what I say to rule above someone else or tout. What would I have to gain? Your salvation? That isn't even mine to claim. It's simply done to rid the world of the hopelessness, corruption, and absence of love.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mantha

I don't want to be impolite; I try to make a point of answering all posts addressed to me. But owing to my recent popularity on this and other threads, I don't have the time to answer sermons now.

But do go on preaching at me. Though I will only answer, if you get in the dialogue-mode. And then don't hide this in the midst of bible-verses.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mantha
reply to post by bogomil

There is much opposition in this world--Christian or not, we are sinners and hate is among us. If someone wants to be more Christ-like in their heart, and show love freely to other people, why are you riduculing that?
edit on 29-7-2011 by Mantha because: (no reason given)

Because parts of christianity are amongst the top-five most abominable fascist ideologies mankind knows of.

And following the old tradition of pushing and pushing, I have the strong impression, that old christian habits die hard. It's STILL about control, dominance and monopoly, and 'the goal justifies the means'.

It doesn't matter how sugar-coated it's presented, the traditional christian methods shine through.

Are you not representing the same behavior by entering a thread that you will never believe, and pushing and pushing your ideas off on other people who have already made their spiritual decisions? Surely, you like to debate and try to disprove why you would NEVER be an ignorant Christian. But tell me, why do you insist on insulting people, such as myself, who are defending their belief. If you don't want anything to do with it, simply *dust your feet off* and move on. For how is my belief system hurting you? If someone else chooses to believe in it, how is it hurting them? Why don't we do what's wise and stop the cycle from continuing. Believe what you will (not in God) and I will believe in what I believe (God).

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Mantha

I don't want to be impolite; I try to make a point of answering all posts addressed to me. But owing to my recent popularity on this and other threads, I don't have the time to answer sermons now.

But do go on preaching at me. Though I will only answer, if you get in the dialogue-mode. And then don't hide this in the midst of bible-verses.

Ignore my sermons. They were not meant for you.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cor Leonis
reply to post by Revolution9

Thanks Revelation9! Happy to fight the good fight with you!

And you, too.

Your words brought me a message earlier and I did not want to see you take a verbal battering alone.

with every brotherly love to you and your family and friends.

Michael.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Mantha

Then why did you address them to me? Are you using me as a canvass, as a chance to preach.

This little example maybe demonstrates my very critical attitude to missionary christianity.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Why are you debating with me?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Mantha

Then why did you address them to me? Are you using me as a canvass, as a chance to preach.

This little example maybe demonstrates my very critical attitude to missionary christianity.

ARE YOU NOT PREACHING?
edit on 29-7-2011 by Mantha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Hydroman

Well, I am curious...why is it that you enter a thread that your heart is not in?

Before you dust off your feet: 1 Peter 3:15 "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect"

I come to these threads because I am looking for truth. Do you have it? As a former "brother" I thought I did. I like to see what people believe and why they believe it. It's very interesting. I find that even among christians there are many different beliefs as to what one needs to do to be saved, whether there is a hell or not, whether the trinity is true or not, whether or not the gifts of the holy spirit are active today, whether or not there will be a rapture and if so at what point, etc. It's strange to me that the living god of these believers doesn't have them straight on what is the correct belief. It's like a free-for-all as to what to believe.

But christianity isn't the only belief system in the world. There are many others, such as Mormonism, JWs, Scientologists, Islam, Hinduism, etc. and they all believe that their belief system is the correct one. They can't all be correct, but they can all be wrong.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Revolution9

You wrote:

["Wrong! Christianity wordl wide has been growing and growing in popularity. Just because someone says they follow Christ does not mean they are really following Him."]

You are probably reading some statistic very different from the ones I rely on (I have tried to find the most 'neutral' I could).

Quote: ["What are you so anti-Christ, mate? What is your agenda."]

How on earth have you arrived at the conclusion, that I am "anti-christ"? I am anti-monopolist, anti-elitist, anti-authoritarian, anti-hierarchist, no matter what direction it comes from.

Quote: ["I follow Christ as best I can and I am a much better person for it. I love Him with all my heart because I know who He is and what He did to help humanity."]

This being good for you, doesn't mean it's good for everybody. Learn the difference between offering and pushing.

Quote: ["Have you read the Bible?"]

Obviously this is a rhetorical question, because you answer it yourself

Quote: ["Read it all then you will be an expert on it and can dole out the criticism can't you!"]

I have read the bible, though.

Quote: [" If you read The N.T you will discover that our Saviour has already won The Battle."]

Humouristically joning this circle-argumentation: No, the flying spaghetti monster has "won the battle". Recently.

Well it is in a decline in the U.S, but growing in other parts of the world. Many still say they are Christian but do not attend Church. I am a Christian who does not attend Church yet I believe Jesus.

Can I take you at your word that you have read the Bible? May I ask you what made it not believable to you?

I do admit I was a bit harsh earlier. I actually am a very persecuted person for my Faith so that is why it matters to me that you don't hate me and don't look down on me; that you accept me not as a weak minded wrong person, but someone who is different to you. I want your respect and good feeling that you will let me live my life. I promise not to shove it on you, but allow me the space to express my faith sometimes as I allow you to express yourself.

My best friend is a pagan who believes nature is God; it never gets between us and we respect eachother for the different paths we have chosen. I chose Jesus because He is who I want as my King. For me it is based on a rock of rational reasoning, divine revelation even sometimes and loads of loads of reading and thinking.

I think some people think Christians are gullible because of all the bad press from idiot TV preachers. I don't adhere to them. I believe they are crooks and not really in it for the love. I am nothing like those kind of people.

The flying spaghetti monster? How is that a pun on Yeshua? Jesus really did walk the earth. The flying spaghetti monster, however, did not.

I respect atheists and all others for their choices, but I have made mine, too. I don't want any other way forced on me and I do not force my way on others. I do like to shine my light bright.

Don't think I believe myself to be any better before God than you. There are better people than I before God who are not even Christian.

I'm just a half-blind man feeling his way through the dark of this world, but I recognise the light before me and I cannot renounce that. It is my everything, my only hope in life.

Respect to you.

edit on 29-7-2011 by Revolution9 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
To all my fellow members of ATS I try my best to love you all regardless of your faith or lack thereof. My belief in Christ as I understand Him; the Son of God, has brought immeasurable satisfaction to my life. It helped me understand that human beings have much more in common with each other than differences.

I have come to understand that earth is the ultimate proving grounds. We are in a constant state of siege and under attack by a force that is much more powerful than any human being.

Nevertheless, we may find joy everywhere we look if we so choose in spite of the fact that we are surrounded by evil acts and evil doers.

Ultimately it was the realization that under the influence of Jesus Christ, as I have come to know him, i have the power to defeat every weapon that is cast at me on this proving ground.

For the record, as a Christian;
1. I have never knowingly harmed another person in the name of my faith.
2. I see no problem with the idea that the earth was created 5 billion years ago.
3. I see no reason why there can be no life outside of earth.

Have a great day!

I really dig your style!
Likewise!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Well, I am curious...why is it that you enter a thread that your heart is not in?

Before you dust off your feet: 1 Peter 3:15 "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect"

I come to these threads because I am looking for truth. Do you have it? As a former "brother" I thought I did. I like to see what people believe and why they believe it. It's very interesting. I find that even among christians there are many different beliefs as to what one needs to do to be saved, whether there is a hell or not, whether the trinity is true or not, whether or not the gifts of the holy spirit are active today, whether or not there will be a rapture and if so at what point, etc. It's strange to me that the living god of these believers doesn't have them straight on what is the correct belief. It's like a free-for-all as to what to believe.

But christianity isn't the only belief system in the world. There are many others, such as Mormonism, JWs, Scientologists, Islam, Hinduism, etc. and they all believe that their belief system is the correct one. They can't all be correct, but they can all be wrong.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

Yes but what seperates Christianity from all other religions is the emphasis on love for another person, despite their tresspasses. Most other religions believe you are to seek revenge. See, I'm a sinner and I believe that there has been many things that I've done that have hurt other people. Before I came to know Christ and His love for all the fallen, I didn't understand love. I didn't have it the way Jesus says we are to have it. I didn't know God the way God was meant to be known. I believe what I do because love DOES prevail above all else in this world. Love and acceptance is what each and every soul longs for. Care, mercy, healing, love. God is AMAZING to me for the graciousness He has bestowed even on the most treachorous of sinners, who before, seemed very unsaveable. Think about what destruction humankind is capable of? And then think about what revelations we have in knowing there is an all-loving, all-knowing God that wants the best for others. In my happiest of moments, when I can truly and openly love other people and be charitable to other people, I see what it is that God is saying in His word! It is so much more fulfilling to love than it ever is to get hung up and hate and all the snide people trying to be right all the damn time. Self-seeking motives. No one on this site will EVER see my face, and I don't expect any glorification, other than the glory of the ever-lasting God that will ALWAYS love and always will be. Who was, Who is, and is to come. Honoring the Creator, our Father, as we would out human father makes so much sense to me. Especially since I can humbly say that I'm not a perfect human being and I need His guidance. There is much corruption in this world, but there still is God. And that is where my faith rests.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mantha

You wrote:

["ARE YOU NOT PREACHING?"]

Depends on how you define 'preaching'. It can be used in such a broad contextual range, that it hardly means the same in different constellations. So please save us from an excursion into semantics and inductive categories.

Such will only derail this thread completely outside topic, which already now is a shadow on the horizon.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Yes but what seperates Christianity from all other religions is the emphasis on love for another person, despite their tresspasses.
I would say that all belief systems have qualities that set them apart from others. Why would one join one belief system and not the other? Why would one join Islam and not Christianity? Why would one join Mormonism and not Hinduism? Why would one join Scientology and not Universal Unitarianism?

You join something because you like what it teaches, or because you were raised that way. Doesn't make any of it true.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

OKAY, then that is what you believe.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Mantha

You wrote:

["ARE YOU NOT PREACHING?"]

Depends on how you define 'preaching'. It can be used in such a broad contextual range, that it hardly means the same in different constellations. So please save us from an excursion into semantics and inductive categories.

Such will only derail this thread completely outside topic, which already now is a shadow on the horizon.

The OP's intention was to bring Christian believers together. Tell me, what business of you to come into a thread and interrupt it. That's what all you non-believers have done. It is my right to exercise my beliefs and it is my right to defend it.

Go join an atheistic thread and discuss the importance of believing in nothing.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Yes, until I can be proven wrong I suppose.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Yes, until I can be proven wrong I suppose.

You will find your way. Just have an open heart.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join