It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Brother's and Sister's in Christ!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Trust in love or hate?

No, it comes down to trusting the Bible, or more specifically, trust in the claims made in the bible.

And a book of hearsey, stories about stories, complied from many different religions and ancient scriptures, with no author, multiple edits and forgeries, that makes extraordinary claims on the origins on the universe, and how we should live our lives, and contains NOTHING to substantiate those claims, has very very little credibility......

In the year 2011, this kind of self delusion is................ embarrassing

The rest of us have to live in this world with people who make decisions based on no evidence, who take huge decisions on faith................asthough it was a good thing.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I live in Europe, where our local pushy extremists aren't heckled, on the the silent understanding, that they in their turn don't yell at people from soap-boxes at streetcorners or try to interfere extra-parliamentory in politics or other public functions.
reply to post by bogomil

The Christians message.... "Believe in Jesus, do not go to hell my friend....I love you and so does Jesus".

The Atheist's message...."You are stupid ....go to hell I dont care where we spend eternity because there isn't one".

All the other messages are up and down and all the way around.

What message is the ABSOLUTE TRUTH?

I will await for the one to come on this thread and tell me which is 100% correct. WHO WILL SAY THEY ARE ALL KNOWING?

One either believes or they don't. Seek out Truth for yourself because it will not be from someone else.... the knowledge you seek is your Truth. It is a choice to believe or not to believe. Period.

Im waiting for your Truth to tell me if the Bible is correct. No logic in that statement.

Thank you and much love to you and yours!!!! xoxoxoxo

Jenn

edit on 29-7-2011 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

You wrote:

["For the ones who do not have it in them to be nice or to show love through your words.....you are a part of the worlds problem ...please change your way of thinking so we may spread peace and not war!"]

You mean, if everybody just agreed with you, there would be no problems. Sure. Except that there would be similar monopoly-seeking ideologers from all directions postulating the same.

Quote: ["I would LOVE for my children to have a chance among all the Beasts who only want to spread words and actions of attacking their brother/sister for not being like them and spreading hate."]

Your greatest chances of succeeding in that direction would be to further egalitarian, secular, liberal democracy.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
It is encouraging to see so much interest in eternal matters. The Word of God is spiritually discerned. There are three revelation manifestations of the spirit that the Christian possess by means of the new birth. They are, The Word of Knowledge, The Word of Wisdom and The Discerning of Spirits. I pray that every believer within the sound of this post walks in these, so that by these, in love touches others so that we all may be instrumental in reaching the lost and unsaved.

The lost must understand that The Word of God cannot open up fully without having been born-again of the spirit of God, so that the spirit can reveal God's truth's to them.

God is Spirit and they that worship him, must worship him in spirit and in truth. John 4:24

The reason people hate the Christian, at least in my opinion is because they do not understand truth. The reason they do not understand truth is because they do not have the spirit of truth abiding in them.

We all know that. We have all been there. But, Praise God for His Mercy and Grace through His risen Son!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

See you still do not get it. If everyone agrees with me??? Do you not read and understand before you take a sentence and compile a judgment? I never SAID that, my friend. I am saying to express love and do not be a part of the problem in regards to a hateful society who wants nothing more than to further separate and divide based on difference.

LOVE is the message I am conveying....Research the Bible and everything in between to come up with your own conclusion... if you want. I am not here to "save" you. The only one that can do that is YOU. I am not bashing you for your non belief...dont ridicule others because they are different.

It is a choice that everyone is entitled to.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Gone for the weekend. Keep looking up, for your redemption draws near.

God Bless!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

I'm loving you how the haters of Christ are fulfilling both this thread as well as prophecy.

Think about this for a second. 2,000 years ago a guy named Jesus came to earth and said this:

9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. Matthew 24:9

Now what are the chances of such a statement coming true today? How could Jesus have possibly known that his message would even spread world wide, and that people would hate Christianity?

I guess we're making that part up to.

The truth is people hate Christ and his message because it stands in the way of them being able to start their own movements. As long as there are believers in Christ around we can stand up against these false messages and save others from falling into the pit.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by bogomil

See you still do not get it. If everyone agrees with me??? Do you not read and understand before you take a sentence and compile a judgment? I never SAID that, my friend. I am saying to express love and do not be a part of the problem in regards to a hateful society who wants nothing more than to further separate and divide based on difference.

LOVE is the message I am conveying....Research the Bible and everything in between to come up with your own conclusion... if you want. I am not here to "save" you. The only one that can do that is YOU. I am not bashing you for your non belief...dont ridicule others because they are different.

It is a choice that everyone is entitled to.

I actually got it the first time.

If we 'love' on YOUR CONDITIONS, which include referring to the bible as an authority, it will be just fine.

I will, in the same invasive non-invasion spirit suggest, that you learn more about the principles of egalitarian, secular, liberal democracy; which admittedly isn't brimming over with your-style 'love', but on the other hand does function in its balanced acceptance between competing elitist groups.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

I'm loving you how the haters of Christ are fulfilling both this thread as well as prophecy.

Think about this for a second. 2,000 years ago a guy named Jesus came to earth and said this:

9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. Matthew 24:9

Now what are the chances of such a statement coming true today? How could Jesus have possibly known that his message would even spread world wide, and that people would hate Christianity?

The truth is people hate Christ and his message because it stands in the way of them being able to start their own movements. As long as there are believers in Christ around we can stand up against these false messages and save others from falling into the pit.

If you'd read this thread in its totality, you would maybe have noticed, that this already has been answered (as it has been elsewhere).

ANY group wanting supreme monopoly, using aggressive methods on the way, will without exception create opposition. You don't need to be a prophet to predict that.

Highlighted quote: ["The truth is people hate Christ and his message because it stands in the way of them being able to start their own movements. As long as there are believers in Christ around we can stand up against these false messages and save others from falling into the pit."]

Have you ever heard about introspection? Are you aware of, what you just said?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

I never said to use the Bible as an authority....you read what you want blind folded.

I said....do not take someones word for it...read it and study it before you think you KNOW anything about it. That would be with any subject.

I never said to love under MY conditions either.....you read what you want blind folded.

Love is an emotional virtue that shows compassion, understanding, and so much more. To love someone UNCONDITIONALLY can be defined only by you. You set the conditions if there is any. Where there is no condition is where there is LOVE.

I hope you are understanding my message of love now.

You can be a thorn that stings or a flower that blossoms with beauty. Your choice.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by bogomil

I never said to use the Bible as an authority....you read what you want blind folded.

I said....do not take someones word for it...read it and study it before you think you KNOW anything about it. That would be with any subject.

I never said to love under MY conditions either.....you read what you want blind folded.

Love is an emotional virtue that shows compassion, understanding, and so much more. To love someone UNCONDITIONALLY can be defined only by you. You set the conditions if there is any. Where there is no condition is where there is LOVE.

I hope you are understanding my message of love now.

You can be a thorn that stings or a flower that blossoms with beauty. Your choice.

I believe, that our individual positions on this have been sufficiently outlined by now, so rephrazing the same messages further will be unnecessary. I'm not a great believer in rewrapping the same content in the hope that the wrapping-paper will do the job THIS time.
edit on 29-7-2011 by bogomil because: typo and addition.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I have done my own research in other areas it's just that I cannot read the Bible it's archaic language and what I see as, to be brutally honest and with all due respect, drivel prevents me.
If I was going into a courtroom then habeus corpus would come into play and there would be facts and evidence. The Bible is no longer sworn upon in English courtrooms and quite rightly so because in a true court of law it would be inadmissable as evidence because of doubts of authorship, contradictions and unprovable if not to say outlandish claims.
What if the Bible is all true. Then quite simply God's a genocidal lunatic, mass murderer and enslaver who demands human and animal sacrifices. just the animal sacrifices alone would in modern times have you in court before your feet could touch the ground and in many quarters are considered satanic practices.
What parent, and here we have to be careful we are into the contradictions again because he's God's son yet God himself. However for the sake of our court case we shall consider him God's son. Would encourage or accept their son being murdered as some sort of sacrifice for the crimes and ommissions of some guilty party.
How under any legal system can an innocent individual be dragged to the scaffold for the offences of others. How can a God demand the blood sacrifice of his own child in order to consider the populous admonished.
More importantly can you as Human beings be expected to adjust your behaviour patterns when for every transgression there's always the fact that an innocent has died. The criminals I know don't even alter their behaviours when they are punished.
The answer that seems to have crept into the religious mindset is that God loves you so much he offered his child up to be tortured painfully on your behalf, that's as maybe but he didn't think much of the Jesus figure. Hardly perfect love.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Mama J, I do not think this subject is funny in any sense of the word. They this and that, really is that what I have done? Yes I have read the bible and spent quite some time studying it and it's history. I have also spent quite some time looking into the history of this planet and the human race, which I often wish I was not a part of, in all honesty.

I am in no way a hater as you assume so readily. I have spent time in a few different christian denominations, and always found the same thing, a very male dominated and fear based religion.

I truly believe that christianity is a nasty fear based religion that scares people into a false sense of belief to the benefit of those running the church. I have known many different types of preachers and although I have met some genuinely lovely people who believe in jesus as he is being named these days, I have also seen the truth behind many church leaders, and the way they use the bible to dominate and rip people off for large amounts to their personal benefit.

It is a fear based control system used to take advantage of the weak minded.

Have you truly looked into the history of christianity? Because I can tell you I went in looking for god, but having a tendency towards open minded and realistic thought found something very different.

You could scream FAITH to the high heaven's, but if you are honest and open minded you cannot after digging in with an intelligent mind find god in christianity. I have watched many preachers take away from people their right to even look at any idea that might not be christian based.

Yes truth is a hard thing to find when the mind is such a creative force in and of itself. Truth seems to change at times, doesn't it.

Of course you don't know me and have only judged by a few words that I have written that I have hate in my heart for this subject, but seriously I do wonder where your grounding is. I never mentioned hate, only a sadness for the ignorant.

Ok, hmmm I shouldn't be here, I am not a brother in christ, but this looks like an open forum where I have a right to my say.

I used to have a true love for all of this thing called creation, for I do believe it is a creation, but the human race is a weak and nasty dumb self absorbed little creature that has turned my love of life into a deep sadness.

I have seen much in this life, many things that I was taught cannot be I have seen happen. I believe a man can rise from the dead even. Not just believe but know beyond doubt.

What do you think? If I died now and then resurrected in 3 days time would I have a religion based after me, would the christians hunt me down screaming for my destruction as a work of the devil? Would it make me a bad thing, or a miracle of a creature beyond human understanding? Or in your mind do you really believe that it is not even possible? Why do you care? After reading some of your comments it really seems to me that you are desperate to hold onto your belief so you don't have to bother with the truth. Of course I could be wrong.

It is very easy to say I am christian, I love jesus and god's works.

I am simply saddened by the disgusting and reprehensible things done in the name of a false god.
I will leave hate to others, humans are so very good at it.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Theres about asmuch said in the bible about love, as there is in the phone book.

You would think a book 'inspired' by the master of the universe, would have at least one chapter,book etc entirely about love.......

love between two people, love for family and friends

but instead, we get instructions on how to keep our slaves.....amongst other atrocities........

and ofc how much we should love 'him'

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

....is this the meeting for Brother's and Sister's of Christ?

That's what the thread title said, but after clicking the link and reading the first page of replies it appears to be an anti-Christian circle jerk.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

ANY group wanting supreme monopoly, using aggressive methods on the way, will without exception create opposition.

So I guess you don't want egalitarian, secular, liberal democracy to be the supreme message? Do you really expect the world to drop all of their belief systems and moral values and jump on board with what your idea of the world should be? Face it bro, it will never happen. The only way that could ever happen is if it was done through force by the governments, and looks like your on the payroll
because you do nothing but go around trying to debunk Christ all for the sake of trying to convert Christians into your egalitarian, secular, liberal democracy cult. Good luck with that.
edit on 29-7-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by undead trev

Christianity can be defined different by many.

I personally have been a journey for Truth since I was a little girl and I am almost 40. I have went through hell and back only to discover more knowledge from my fellow man...I have their knowledge to go off of. This is the reality....although somewhat of an illusion if you will.

Everyone has a story of why they believe or why they do not. It all boils down to.....NO RELIGION is needed.(IMO)

You either believe or you don't. Its a choice for all of us to decide as we have looked for answers and researched Truth in mens words and the way their spirit lead them or didnt lead them.

Where has your spirit lead you to thus far? Are you still researching or have you come to a conclusion?

I personally will forever research and in doing so I have to say I am closer to God every minute. The lies do not convey to my heart. THATS ME though.

YOU....come up with your own conclusion your way from your own experience. I am not here to "save" anyone nor do I call myself anything but a Seeker. I seek and I find. I love me and my methods and I am ok with my conclusion thus far.

I can speak for me.....you can speak for you.

I am ok if you do not think like me.....I do not expect anyone to think like me for they are not ME.

God allows us all to come to him in their own way. I THINK based on my research of MY truth.

I hope you are seeing where I am coming from. I do not wish to judge.

A person can take my words and or what I say and twist..just as man has done to Gods Word. I find Truth in his Words more than any man. My spirit guides me to him.

Its a choice my friend....how you come up with your own Truth is up to you.

I teach my kids to have compassion...to love. That is my message.

WE as a race look for Knowledge in all we do. Why did God not want us to have HIS knowledge? Would it be confusing for all to have it in a limited sense? Would that create chaos? Would it cause his message to be twisted? Would we have peace?

I would say we are foolish to believe we know anything to be True other than what our OWN Reality tells us.

I AM....not WE ARE. Once we go home....it becomes limitless as to WE ARE.

There is a struggle within all of us. Good vs Bad (thoughts).....then they manifest. Which do you want to have in your heart and mind as a creator? I want Good....so I am constantly fighting off the bad. This is also a real manifestation imo.

I could go on and on ...but i have work to do.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by wdkirk

....is this the meeting for Brother's and Sister's of Christ?

That's what the thread title said, but after clicking the link and reading the first page of replies it appears to be an anti-Christian circle jerk.

Or it may be a well-considered reaction to someone using a public forum as a pulpit (and if not blind knowing the consequences from the start).

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Here is a little bit about love in the Bible...

1 Corinthians 13

1 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

You wrote:

["So I guess you don't want egalitarian, secular, liberal democracy to be the supreme message?"]

Sure I do. Except that it's a for-the-duration solution, until we find something even better.

Quote: ["Do you really expect the world to drop all of their belief systems and moral values and jump on board with what your idea of the world should be?"]

Apart from that this already IS happening, based on consensus choices of mankind. And what you probably would learn, if you acquainted yourself with the principles of egalitarian, secular, liberal democracy is, that e.s.l. democracy is an umbrella situation for ALL elitist competitors (and the general, disinterested population), not siding for or against any group (which ofcourse doesn't prevent missionaries from craving privileges).

But don't mistake the situation. This is not a wishy-washy toothless system. Transgressing the limits of freedom and obligation will bring you into trouble.

Quote: ["The only way that could ever happen is if it was done through force by the governments,"]

We have a voting percentage of app. 80 here. Regular church-going is app 5% of the population. Our political christian party will probably be out of the parliament next time. Does that in any way suggest something to you?

Quote: ["and looks like your on the payroll because you do nothing but go around trying to debunk Christ"]

And your solution is......maybe that my old-age pension is stopped until I promise never to oppose christian missioning again. Or do you have something even more totalitarian in mind?

Quote: ["all for the sake of trying to convert Christians into your egalitarian, secular, liberal democracy cult. Good luck with that."]

You can put it like that, yes.

edit on 29-7-2011 by bogomil because: addition

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join