It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Brother's and Sister's in Christ!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by wdkirk

....is this the meeting for Brother's and Sister's of Christ?

That's what the thread title said, but after clicking the link and reading the first page of replies it appears to be an anti-Christian circle jerk.

The I am definately in the right spot.

Christian circle jerk. Its like Sunday school all over again.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

That is what you think. I think you are wrong. Tell me one of these lies then, let's see if it is a lie shall we.

Why can you not understand that Jesus came to change the Law? He brought a new Way to the world. How can one who teaches forgiveness and love be a liar? Why do you think Jesus lied to us?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Your so focused on Jesus, the man....something that does not matter...would your time not be better spent just promoting love equality and understanding? Bringing him up so much just alienates people. Is it not the word that is more important?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

You are one of those people who just cannot accept that I see the world differently to you. You have a constant need here to ridicule. That is not the way to discuss. It is just silly.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Show me proof that EVERY word of the bible is true.

line 2

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I am fine with your view point.

You are not fine with mine.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustinSee

Your so focused on Jesus, the man....something that does not matter...would your time not be better spent just promoting love equality and understanding? Bringing him up so much just alienates people. Is it not the word that is more important?

I do practice love and equality. I also defend my Faith when it is attacked and misunderstood. I defend my King because He means more to me than anything else in Creation.

Do you practice love and equality. Even though you think me wrong do you still accept me as your equal as I accept you as my equal?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Everyone sees the world differently....its you that can't cope with anything outside of Jesus. Honestly, no harm meant, I'm not your enemy. Your on a website that promotes thinking outside of accepted beliefs, trying to promote a character that is out of time and out of "style" with the world. Now is the time to scoop up anything we can use from these religions, and dump out the excess garbage.
Yeah, I try to lead a "moral" sort of life, and thats all you need. Love others and treat them with respect.
edit on 29-7-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9

I do practice love and equality. I also defend my Faith when it is attacked and misunderstood. I defend my King because He means more to me than anything else in Creation.

Do you practice love and equality. Even though you think me wrong do you still accept me as your equal as I accept you as my equal?

Love and Equality have nothing to do with whether one believes in Jesus or not. Those concepts are not exclusive to Jesus, God or Christianity.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk

line 2

You already know that Christianity is based on Faith and I cannot prove it to you.

I have proved it to myself He is true and you have proved it to yourself that it is a lie.

One of us is wrong and the other is right. Either Jesus is all He is written to be or He is just another imposter.

On analysis I believe He is the Son of Almighty God.

Who has got the right answer about Jesus' status? One of us has to be right here about that.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Love and Equality have nothing to do with whether one believes in Jesus or not. Those concepts are not exclusive to Jesus, God or Christianity.

How patronising that you suggest I don't already know that. I believe in love and equality as Christ taught it, but not as the world teaches.

I also believe that humanity cannot hope to achieve the true state of love or equality without Jesus.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

line 2

You already know that Christianity is based on Faith and I cannot prove it to you.

I have proved it to myself He is true and you have proved it to yourself that it is a lie.

One of us is wrong and the other is right. Either Jesus is all He is written to be or He is just another imposter.

On analysis I believe He is the Son of Almighty God.

Who has got the right answer about Jesus' status? One of us has to be right here about that.

It is the eternal question that only the dead can answer.

Also, I am agnostic, not atheist.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I am fine with your view point.

You are not fine with mine.

Again you are telling me I am something that I am not. I AM FINE WITH YOU!!! I just disagree with you about The Bible that is all.

All I would want is that you are ok in this life. You are not my enemy. Even though we disagree we both still are here and have the right to be. I have spent enough time here with you to show that I am not just a weak minded fool. Our discussion of course will go nowhere. It will be like one of those games of Chess where we both just keep making the same move.

Just please don't hammer at Christians, supposing them to be fools. Is Bob Dylan a fool for believing in Jesus or Joan Baez or Bob Marley (yep right he was baptized before he died)? Or is TS Eliot a fool or Martin Luther King or H.I.M Haile Selassie or St Peter and Paul. Nah, just believers and world changers through powerful real FAITH!
edit on 29-7-2011 by Revolution9 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

Yep! How strange that it should be like that.

You are a very bright person and very questioning which is the sign of intelligence.

I am sure no-one is gonna pull the wool over your eyes. Good I say.

With great respect to you. It does not do me any harm to be put through the mill sometimes. Keeps me awake.

Thank you!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Lets get something straight:

It is my believe the bible is a work of fiction. It is my believe that God and Jesus as taught by organized religion are a work of fiction as well.

To much in the bible relies of faith and offers no proof.

I am not patronizing you in any early posts just pointing out that the concepts of Love and Equality are not exclusive to Jesus and one does not to have Faith in Jesus or God to experience them and project them as values of their own.

I have been baptized and was raised a Methodist all before the age of 10.

Since my teenage years, I have questioned organized religion freely.

There are too many questions that required blind faith.

Blind faith is the blindest faith of all.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I just find it amusing how over 2000 years later peole still mock and try to discredit Christ. If you minions are so secure in your beliefs, why bother adding your negativity to this thread. Don't you understand you can't influence the beliefs of a true believer?

Glory Honor and Power are His Now and Forever.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
I just find it amusing how over 2000 years later peole still mock and try to discredit Christ. If you minions are so secure in your beliefs, why bother adding your negativity to this thread. Don't you understand you can't influence the beliefs of a true believer?

Glory Honor and Power are His Now and Forever.

It would be recommendable, if you read the thread before commenting on it. You are the umpteenth person saying, what you say above. It's getting tiresome and meaningless to answer the same stereotyped, bag-of-tricks, tactical clichée argument.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mantha

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by Mantha
reply to post by Hydroman

OKAY, then that is what you believe.

Yes, until I can be proven wrong I suppose.

You will find your way. Just have an open heart.

THAT is the condecending attitude that is so irksome that it turns people against you. What makes you think that he hasn't found his way, just because he has abandon what YOU consider to be true?

AAAARRRGGGG! (puke puke)

It's like trying to talk to a brick wall! Many Christains don't take the Bible litterally. Many Christain don't believe in the virgin birth or the resurrection! Did you know that?
Personally, I find your attitude simply ignorant and closed minded and I pray that your God is bigger than your religion.

I don't believe that the Bible is the word of GOD, actually I believe it is a forgery written by YOUR satan! It is full of lies that promote just the thing YOUR satan would approve. Biggotry, murder, theft, war, coercion, child molestation, rape and torture. It's all ordered by GOD in the Bible.

I believe in mankind and his ability to overcome himself. Mankind's potential for peace and civilized society is the CHRIST. I believe in that Christ, not your Jesus. Maybe all of humanity's potential was embodied in one man 2000 years ago, but I doubt it.

And don't tell me I'll find my way.
edit on 29-7-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

2000 years of hate and oppression. Years of burning books, beliefs and temples of other faiths and other teachings. Years of stoning. Years of war. Years of narrow-mindedness.

Edit: Hell, Christianity even destroys itself....with the leaders of the time taking out the most interesting parts of the bible declaring them heresy.
edit on 29-7-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
A lot of these passages and many others such as

"know thyself, and ye shall know god"

make complete sense when viewed from the perspective of leaving this "world" through the creation of higher dimensional bodies and shifting your focus into your "christ consciousness" once you've understood yourself and purged your ego from these bodies and away from this dimension. This was the path that was trying to be conveyed in the old language. Gnosticism effectively.
edit on 29-7-2011 by raiden12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join