It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I agree with the Inuit people , The sun is definetly moving over a different path in the sky . See M

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
it is real and the people who garden and the people who live on the land such as the Inuit are a bit more "functional" than others would have any of us believe. Arrogance is their fault but who can blame them, they live in a land that the rest of us have realized is only an illusion.

Um, I garden/farm. Have actively over a decade. I talk to many old timers who have for much longer than I. Are our observations wrong? I've even studied Biodynamics quite a bit, which requires a pretty good understanding of the patterns of heavenly bodies

Also, for note, it is not all 'Inuit" who believe this. It is a small group of people from one particular region interviewed by a documentary film maker. To imply that this is an opinion held by "The Inuit" is a gross misrepresentation

I think your ideas are intriguing, and I even gave you a little star!, but you make some very broad generalizations which needed to be addressed. . But I hope you have a great day, nonetheless.
edit on 28-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

That works

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by Greensage
it is real and the people who garden and the people who live on the land such as the Inuit are a bit more "functional" than others would have any of us believe. Arrogance is their fault but who can blame them, they live in a land that the rest of us have realized is only an illusion.

Um, I garden/farm. Have actively over a decade. I talk to many old timers who have for much longer than I. Are our observations wrong? I've even studied Biodynamics quite a bit, which requires a pretty good understanding of the patterns of heavenly bodies

Also, for note, it is not all 'Inuit" who believe this. It is a small group of people from one particular region interviewed by a documentary film maker. To imply that this is an opinion held by "The Inuit" is a gross misrepresentation

I think your ideas are intriguing, and I even gave you a little star!, but you make some very broad generalizations which needed to be addressed. . But I hope you have a great day, nonetheless.
edit on 28-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

How do you explain the overwhelming evidence that you are wrong??

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

What precisely would you like as evidence ??

For most.....Nothing will cut it , unless seeing with own eyes.

Well.... many people have done just that , seen it with their own eyes!

This is because, yes, some people may not understand seasons and solar cycles during the day change with seasons and time of year, But are you trying to imply , all those that stand and voice their findings are all just plain stupid and dont know what they are talking about in regards to the suns course during our days?

If that is the case you must be living in some pesimistic bubble.

It is difficult to go using last years data from my garden as i had not really planned on noticing the suns positining the following year to be totally out of sync.

I will look through old family photos and try to find at least one or two from the height of the summer months, and compare two yearly photographs with the exact time and date of this year.

That will be evidence..... However.... Would you believe me then ???

I very much doubt it also!!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I live in the sf bay area and I can check if the sun has moved drastically at least to the best of my ability..My grandparents lived at the base of the foothill mtns until they passed and the sun for all my years visiting them as a child to adult set directly at the end of their street.. This was always a pain in the but because trying to drive or walk or ride a bike up their street was impossibly blinding so I know exactly what ridge it set behind for years.. I have not been to that street in since they passed probably 10 years ago so if anything has changed in position of the setting sun it'll be pretty apparent just trying to drive there...I'm going to check it out this weekend and post back my findings...I hear that the farther north u are from the equator the more apparent it's supposed to be but I have no Idea if thats true...Im lookin forward to my lil field test

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2010apprentice
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

What precisely would you like as evidence ??

For most.....Nothing will cut it , unless seeing with own eyes.

Well.... many people have done just that , seen it with their own eyes!

This is because, yes, some people may not understand seasons and solar cycles during the day change with seasons and time of year, But are you trying to imply , all those that stand and voice their findings are all just plain stupid and dont know what they are talking about in regards to the suns course during our days?

If that is the case you must be living in some pesimistic bubble.

It is difficult to go using last years data from my garden as i had not really planned on noticing the suns positining the following year to be totally out of sync.

I will look through old family photos and try to find at least one or two from the height of the summer months, and compare two yearly photographs with the exact time and date of this year.

That will be evidence..... However.... Would you believe me then ???

I very much doubt it also!!

And yet you mock anyone who is incredulous as to your claims based on their own personal accounts as well?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

How do you explain the overwhelming evidence that you are wrong??

What 'overwhelming evidence'? Please provide sufficient citation to substantiate 'overwhelming'.

I see some anecdotal experiences, and the attempt to pretend that a handful of people from one particular region are representative of 'the Inuit'.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by the2010apprentice

hey im in leeds uk, was just speasking to my mom after i read ur post because we notice sun how can we not its so high up but also feels like an atmosphere chasnge dont u think? like the atmosphere feels electric or like a sunbed abit.
also she said she feels her senses r sharper and an feeling of exeptional knowing of something is about to come.

My mom is not superstious one bit totally middleclass (thinks she is lol) normal mumsy mum no mumbo but hell she is freaked out to wtf!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Here on the opposite side of the world I can still see Jupiter pretty big in the early morning sky before sunrise as we've seen since what...September?

Anyways...using my 36x spotting scope I've noticed the 4 Galilean moons of Jupiter ain't moved since September.

They make a nice straight line. That's the only odd thing I've noticed.

Earth doesn't make a perfect circle around the sun, neither does Jupiter. Hence why we are close to each other now. And probably why the sun appears a little off.

...but whats up with Jupiters 4 big moons?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I have noticed the same. I used to watch the sun rise and eat breakfast every day. I used to eat lunch outside every day. The sun is defiantly higher then it usely is. A good way to tell is by shadows. Around 12 my porch used to not be in shadow, now it is.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I thought i would point out my latitude again of 56 Degrees north.
Scotland is a fairly northerly country and although i am not saying true or false , i am merely seculating that my location may have an impact on how much the sun seems to be out of correct seasonal positioning.
This has been pointed out previously and i thought i would make a little comment with thoughts.
If this speculation is true would that mean that those in say, Greenland, would experience it on a greater scale.
Yet again i am merely speculating on what some other readers mentioned.

I am not saying I know the Answers.... Because I dont..... !!

....I do however believe that good brains working together can overcome the greatest questions and challenges!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
If anyone knows a land surveyor get him to do a solar observation this will tell you if the sun has moved. I would do it but i don't have the equipment needed

edit on 28-7-2011 by CynicalWabbit because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2011 by CynicalWabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy
I have noticed the same. I used to watch the sun rise and eat breakfast every day. I used to eat lunch outside every day. The sun is defiantly higher then it usely is. A good way to tell is by shadows. Around 12 my porch used to not be in shadow, now it is.

Compared to when? The same time last year, or to six months ago?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
ok so i don't really know about this, but is it possible that these changes are because the earth moved or something?? and about the moon, i thought he moon is supposed to move too? i was really never interested in the moon, i just started to notice it probably last year around december and i always say it at the same place and i used to know at what time the moon was in some position etc but now i see the moon changed positions and hours but that's normal right?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
all i know is that in 34 years the sun has never shone directly through my bedroom window and now it does.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I want to provide more evidence as it seems, for some, that without full detailed evidence the topic is unproveable.

Can any readers please provide me with means of seeing where exactly in my garden the sun would have been exact same time / day last year , the year before that , and the year before that....etc...

I am happy to provide photos, animations , you name it , i will try my best to do it !!

Even printing an exact photo, match up to online data ,use compasses , spirit levels , nasa data or any other data...

I am all ears and want to prove this "is" real

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by manticorex5

yes, the moon does not rise at the same time and place in the sky every night. That is not new, nor cause for alarm.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Ever since learning that most star systems are binary, I keep wondering if our sun has a sister star. I remember seeing a video which explains how the two stars rotate around each other. One thing that stuck in my head from the video is how the stars speed up while crossing each other. An idea I like to play around with is that this is why the sun rose 2 days early in Greenland.

Just for fun here's a little prediction. The sun will set (for the longest night) two and a half days early in Greenland. I say two and a half because of the speeding up effect of the binary stars.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by the2010apprentice

the atmosphere feels really different, like heated but in a static way. i feel really like the count down has begun what will happen if all the planets align?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'll entertain this for a minute. I've noticed this year as the sun sets it seems to have "northerly" glow. I also noticed even well after sunset the eastern clouds have a red/orange tint to them. all I can think of is atmospheric conditions causing this or the mass receding of the polar ice giving the sun's light different reflective appearance.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join