It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I agree with the Inuit people , The sun is definetly moving over a different path in the sky . See M

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2010apprentice
I want to provide more evidence as it seems, for some, that without full detailed evidence the topic is unproveable.

Can any readers please provide me with means of seeing where exactly in my garden the sun would have been exact same time / day last year , the year before that , and the year before that....etc...

I am happy to provide photos, animations , you name it , i will try my best to do it !!

Even printing an exact photo, match up to online data ,use compasses , spirit levels , nasa data or any other data...

I am all ears and want to prove this "is" real

I guess nobody reads my posts.
Here is a web site where you can go.just enter
the desired place and the desired date.
On the interactive map,you can zoom in,see where the sun is shine at any time of the day,even shadows.
www.sunearthtools.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by coffeesniffer
reply to post by Kandinsky

I understand the point you made about stallarium the first time; I know how to use it. Do you think if I did that check then all the conspiracy theorists would say "Oh look staliarium says its so, so it must be true" but your forgetting one thing, humans write the software just in the same way humans write the media and as such could not be relied upon as fact. 2 photos would be fact and would ease the minds of those that believe something is wrong with the positions of stars.

Because there is a global conspiracy which changed the algorithms of ANY available astronomy software - to "conceal" the fact that your observations are indeed right, correct?

The sad thing about this thread is...that it would not even need several pages of retarded guesses and speculation...because a claim like that could EASILY be verified right now even by amateurs.

However, of course, as you said....all the available software must have been compromised "and can not be taken as a fact"....ahhhh..right. Ok.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

it's not that they dont read them, just that they ignore them in favor of fantastically absurd ideas. m sure it makes a boring life seem relevant.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by the2010apprentice

Wait - doesn't the sun move around the sky anyways as the earth moves around the sun? Like in winter the sun's inclination is supposed to be like real low in the sky and in the summer its almost overhead. Unless I'm missing something, theres hardly anything wrong there.
edit on 28-7-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Thanks for the input.
I will check out the co - ordinates and get to work.
I hope this is a clean , legitimate site you are linking with no spam etc....

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
I'll entertain this for a minute. I've noticed this year as the sun sets it seems to have "northerly" glow. I also noticed even well after sunset the eastern clouds have a red/orange tint to them. all I can think of is atmospheric conditions causing this or the mass receding of the polar ice giving the sun's light different reflective appearance.

Which is, interesting enough, the actual explanation given for 'the Inuit" ( a misnomer with racist overtones,'the inuit' are not in agreement with these claims by any measure) findings.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Hands up if you think This individual is invading the thread and posting nothing but garbage.

Rail-roader and a half !!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Hands up if you think This individual is invading the thread and posting nothing but garbage.

Rail-roader and a half !!

My bad, I though you presented your thread for critique by the ATS community. Apparently, you only want responses from people who provide sycophancy.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

it's not that they dont read them, just that they ignore them in favor of fantastically absurd ideas. m sure it makes a boring life seem relevant.

Maybe I should said that I used these tool to figure out if the sun was where it should and
found out it was WAYYYYYYY off!

just kidding

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The community is open to every view point, Yes... However...
Consistently slating the main idea and question / point with every new commenter does not really go down nicely in way of etiquete.
Looking back over the thread you have had a fairly major input, with no real detailed analysis or evidence of your own... Just consistent slating with nothing (ok, hardly much i mean. lol) to back your points up.

Some fresh ideas wouldnt go ammiss..... as i have done by asking how exactly i could provide further reliable evidence.

This was replied to with some negativity from yourself , so it seemed in my opinion.

Feel free to post.... It is an open community !!

..Just next time make it a bit more helpful to the thread (by that i dont mean just agree i am right)

I mean.... invite me to persuade or prove the topic to yourself.... What evidence do you want ????

I am all ears

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

Hi - im still on the fence about this... in fact im almost getting off on the 'this is nuts' side, especially after seeing the manhatenhenge article on the bbc last week which is pretty damn hard to argue against

do you have any links to this info from astronomers and farmers?

thanks
edit on 28-7-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
There have been two changes... well three noted by scientist.

NASA - A Puzzling Collapse of Earth's Upper Atmosphere

This is what I think is the most likely reason.

Also the position of the magnetic north pole is moving at an accelerated speed (From Canada towards Russia)
news.nationalgeographic.com...

www.nasa.gov...

news.softpedia.com...

tallbloke.wordpress.com...

The length of day and orbit changes:
Decadal modulation in length-of-day variations from solar activity:

Earth's Orbit Creates More Than A Leap Year: Orbital Behaviors Also Drive Climate Changes, Ice Ages

ScienceDaily (Feb. 18, 2008) — The Earth's orbital behaviors are responsible for more than just presenting us with a leap year every four years. According to Michael E. Wysession, Ph.D., associate professor of earth and planetary sciences in Arts & Sciences at Washington University in St. Louis, parameters such as planetary gravitational attractions, the Earth's elliptical orbit around the sun and the degree of tilt of our planet's axis with respect to its path around the sun, have implications for climate change and the advent of ice ages...

"All planets travel in an ellipse around the sun, but the shape of that ellipse oscillates,"

...."Orbital parameters of Earth, the sun and moon and the planets have great effects on ice ages and other climatic changes," he says. "Those major events are driven by very small changes in the planetary orbital functions." www.sciencedaily.com...

CHANGES in LENGTH of DAY

Variation in Earth Rotation

Abstract- Variations in the rate of Earth rotation have been correlated with the non-dipole portion of the Earth's geomagnetic field. Long period variations have been correlated to geomagnetic polarity bias, and short period variations have been attributed to non-dipole induced electromagnetic coupling between the outer core and the lower mantle.... www.natsci.colostate.edu...

NASA: Japan Quake May Have Shortened Earth Days, Moved Axis

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Pardon me if somebody has already printed this thought...
Doesnt the earth move about the sun in several cycles?
I mean that with the tilt of the axis and the slight wobble it has, dont we have times when the earth is not exactly in the alignment it may have had a centurey ago?
i thought we had a new constellation as well so it may be that the position of thre earth has shifted relatively in space and wont get back here for 26000 yrs?mumble mumble.............mc squared....

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Here is the sketch of the position change.
I will get photos added in next day or two.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fba318b8b7c4.jpg[/atsimg]

the2010apprentice,click on this link and see if this is your location
www.sunearthtools.com...

And I guessed you time compared to GMT but here is your chart

edit on 28-7-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I mean.... invite me to persuade or prove the topic to yourself.... What evidence do you want ????

I am all ears

Well, showing examples of where the sun used to set in one specific location, at the same time of the year, documenting a drift might be a good start. There are several places around the world where previous cultures have built monloliths for summer and winter solstice and whatnot. What do thoe who us? Is the sun still shining in the same place at these locations?

For instance, stonehenge is arranged to greet the summer Solstice. Is it still rising in the same place as it was thousands of years ago?

www.cbc.ca...

here's an example of another similar site:

www.jqjacobs.net...

I DO think it is worth considering that some people in northern locations are seeing a refraction of light

The scientific explanation is that the warming Arctic air is causing temperature inversions, which in turn cause the light of the sunset to refract so that the sun appears to be setting a few kilometres off-kilter. “There is so much garbage in the air, it’s refraction that’s causing our elders to think our world has tilted,” Kunuk says.

Thats Nunavut filmmaker Zacharias Kunuk being quoted there. He's the guy who made the documentary you are referring to as representing all "Inuit". He's saying he believes these elders are seeing something, but they are mistaken if they believe the cause is the earth has shifted significantly on it's axis (this was made well before the tiny shift caused by the Japanese Earthquake/tsunami). Unfortunately, this study has been taken out of context by people who are arguing that basically every astronomer on the planet is covering up evidence that this has happened. An absurd claim, at best.

But again, if the discussion is about the possibility that some people are seeing an ILLUUSION, caused by unkown reasons (pollution, atmospheric warming, our passing through cosmic 'goo', is still up to postulation. But we have to get beyond the notion that it is ACTUALLY in different places in the sky. That really isnt possible without enormous everyday impacts.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

What precisely would you like as evidence ??

I will accept the fact that the earths position has not changed - due to the fact that too much depends on it not changing and too many people with and with out agendas' are watching it -- we would have heard.

This leaves the fact that your cabin trees and lake have up and moved. I'm betting that hasn't happened either. Occams razor in this case is more like Occam's turbine powered chainsaw.

Now it would be fairly simple to check this using primative, instruments cross referencing them with modern instruments.

You really have to do this -- if you find an anomaly with the Sun you will be famous beyond your imagination and rich as Croesus. It is simple and an inexpensive sextant and a good gps -- if the celestial position of your cabin and the gps coordinates dont match you can go to step two. Step two would involve hiring a surveyor to confirm that the sun is out of position with regards to the position of your cabin. Call the National Geographic people publish -- cash in -- charge admission.

Here is a start on celestial navigation.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Good luck

Otherwise you can not bother to demonstrate the difference; but you cant argue with thousands of years of precedent.
edit on 28-7-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

incrediblelousminds

For instance, stonehenge is arranged to greet the summer Solstice. Is it still rising in the same place as it was thousands of years ago?

I'm being pedantic but actually it was built to greet the winter solstice, and mark the beginning of the end of winter...

apparently this year it was cloudy the morning of the summer solstice so no one could see if it rose in the correct place
edit on 28-7-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Does it have to be the Sun moving? Or is the Earth Tilting?

2nd

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Minneapolis Minnesota, Heat Wave heat Index temperatures 120+ the last couple weeks. Seems odd to me.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Plus Sol cant just change angles, if anything it would be us that change angles, but it hasnt happen as Mister said, it would be everywhere

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join