It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the...What was That? UFO spotted in LIVE NBC News SkyCam at Fort Worth, TX

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
the way the camera is focused a bug would have to be extremely far to be picked up as clearly as that. so far that it wouldnt show up in the image because of its size.

if the bug was close to the camera it would be a translucent out of focus blurr and most likely wouldn't have been picked up unless it was actually on top of the camera.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
How can that be a bug...??? Even if that may seem to be the most plausible answer, does not mean it is a 'bug' for crying out loud.

What kind of a bug does a 90 degree turn at such a speed, and on a straight path....

Here i thought bugs follow a light source???? What are the odds of a bug doing a 90 degree turn at such speed and luminosity???

Beats me.

I say it's not a bug, for this reason. Other than that, I remain skeptical.

Peace

edit on 27-7-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by empireoflizards

I'm with you! In order to offer a concrete explanation for something then there has to be more than just a few subjective accounts. It's nice that people can draw upon their own experience and offer something, but experience certainly isn't everything. There has got to be more to it than "it's just a bug" or "its a ufo".
edit on 27-7-2011 by ancapaaron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
In my mind, it's obviously a bug.
Why are people talking about prescription glasses? It's on a monitor, not like there is actually a depth of field there.
Have you guys who actually think this is a UFO ever see a moth? They fly erratically.
Also, if you put your finger in front the middle of your eyes it disappears because.... it's in the middle of your eyes and the image from from each eye cancels out whatever is in the close middle. Cameras don't have two eyes spaced an inch or so apart.
It's a bug/moth. People want to believe so hard that they make themselves look like fools. Look at it from a neutral perspective, don't look at it trying to find reasons to support your bias. Peace

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the way the camera is focused a bug would have to be extremely far to be picked up as clearly as that. so far that it wouldnt show up in the image because of its size.

if the bug was close to the camera it would be a translucent out of focus blurr and most likely wouldn't have been picked up unless it was actually on top of the camera.

One of the reasons why i think it cannot be a bug.

For this and others reasons, I stated this "object" or whatever it is, don't seem like a bug, to me.
It could be anything, but no not bug...

edit on 27-7-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JackyMenace

Have you ever been to Texas?

One lonely little moth?

And yes, depth of field is extremely important to this study.

Are you suggesting that cameras don't have depth of field because there is only one lens?

I think you may be confusing 'depth of field' with 'depth perception'.

Innocent mistake, but a mistake nonetheless.

I don't know what it is, but I know what it is not.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
"Meteor" - meteors don't turn corners and fly in 3 different directions, sorry. I can imagine a possible trajectory and viewing angle which would make it appear to turn a single corner, if it hits dense atmosphere, but not two corners as shown here.

"An alien craft couldn't move that fast therefore this isn't an alien craft" - worst nonsense possible. You know so much about alien craft specifications -- where is your evidence then? You must have concrete evidence of their specs and capabilities? Oh, so you just have the collective mass of evidence from UFO accounts, most of which you don't believe?

Either you believe we have never seen them, in which case you have zero basis by which to judge the capabilities of something which you claim has never been seen -- or you believe we HAVE seen them, in which case these maneuvers match many eyewitness reports. Many, many accounts say they CAN most certainly do these maneuvers -- in fact these "impossible" maneuvers are one of the main ways we can distinguish them from anything else. You fail.

"Bug" - most plausible of the 'debunk' answers, but I have my doubts. When it's at the top area, it seems way too bright and distinct to be a foreground bug. If this is a bug, it's a bug which is far enough away to appear to be in focus, AND it's somehow being brightly lit up above a certain line, by some kind of very bright lighting. Would the camera even want bright lighting to take a distance night shot like this?

So after utterly rejecting the first two ludicrous debunk answers (for which anyone supporting those theories should simply die of personal shame), the bug answer seems most plausible. The brightness/lighting is weird but far from inexplicable. Makes me wonder what kind of video it WOULD take to ever prove an alien craft.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Observer99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JackyMenace

Yes insects display random behaviour while flying, and it could very well be that an insect created an illusion in the video. It could also be argued that the flight path wasn't erratic but instead parabolic. Whatever it was it stayed neatly in the sky above the horizon and the top of the frame.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Everyone is making it sound like they have a DSLR camera up there looking down on Dallas. At best they have a color CCTV or WebCam up there and with the focus pulled all the way back like it is most everything will be in good focus unless it practically lands on the lens of the camera, right? And even then you would still be able to see it because it would be blocking the view... I mean with the focus pulled all the way in, there is no DOF issues right? Splain it to me if I'm wrong here....Blaine, Blaine?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Depth of field would be all the way out here, so as to focus on the roads, traffic, etc.

So, basically, everything within the thirty closest feet to the camera would be blurry as Hades.

Not a problem for a roof mounted camera, and certainly the news channel would make sure that there was as few obstructions as possible, so that they get their money's worth from mounting the camera there.

Also, what would illuminate the supposed 'bug'?

The cameraman would make absolutely certain there was no lights close to the lens, because that would destroy and degrade the night time image they are trying to get.

Next...?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

Dude, what are you talking about? It would appear both blurry AND invisible? You're saying an object that is likely some significant fraction of the size of the lens would in no way obscure that lens?

Troll harder.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

No, I'm saying the bug wouldn't be invisible just because it was too close.
I forgot moths aren't allowed to travel alone

Anyway, I don't really care what the thing is. In my opinion it's a bug and I am cool with that. Nothing is ever going to come out of this thread anyway. Just ass-tons of speculation and in my opinion it's all over a bug. Maybe it's not, nothing is impossible, but to me it just seems silly. If people really think there is something out there then they should get a better camera and go try to find it. A blurry little thing like that isn't going to amount to anything. I don't know much about cameras but something that's like 240hz should work, right?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ancapaaron

Wrong. If it is in fact just a bug, then the answer is just that. It's just a bug. It's that simple. How could you possibly complicate that?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I am thinking a firefly.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Looks like there's a moth that's a few feet out from the camera attracted to a nearby light.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I don't make a habit of posting reply's to threads on this forum, but have to say on this particular one, there is nothing in this video even worth posting or wasting others time with, I have seen many resemblance over my years of filming that is comparable to bugs flying around in front of the camera. For me to want to put an conservative effort in the attempts of articulating what might have a slight possibility of being an alien aircraft, I would first have to observe one of the following events.

1. A craft of unknown origin fly into the screen from a distance that clearly makes it identifiable as a craft of unknown origin.
2. Do something like,.. Aerial Aerobatics that current undermines the U.S. current technology and capabilities.
3. The Alien stick his hand out the window and give me a thumbs up, just as he dumps his sewage tanks in his interstellar space craft, above San Fran and flies away.
4. A new gunners mate star fleet recruit, aboard one of these craft, have an accidential discharge while maning his new work station that controls the Plutonium P-38 explosive space modulator. And wipes out a small mid-western farm town.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. FAA rules (*see "law") state that buildings that are so high must have lights on them. A light behind the camera would not affect the view.
The cameraman huh? The one that sits up there all day 24/7 holding it perfectly steady? What?
Why did the UFO change shape? Was it made out of jelly? Do they have wings on them now?
Maybe there were millions of moths. Over the course of the life of this camera, surely there would at some point be a 3 second window where only one appeared.

0/10
TROLL HARDER

link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

That's the first time I've ever been accused of trolling, so thank you for that.

To your points concerning blurry or invisible, I'll just say, do some homework on the nature of photography and come talk to me.

Something that small and close, (a moth) would not register on a lens that is focused on the horizon.

Period.

Now, back under the bridge I go!

link   
going to say bug on this one. maybe moth wings reflecting light. it got dimmer as it levelled out and the wings were no longer facing the carea.

link   
reply to post by burntheships

I wish to add some discussion to your thread and also to remind you and others that this incident location is a repeat of sightings recorded on the night of May 11, 2011 when a series of explosions which were called lightning went on for over a half hour, concerning many locals and disrupting electrical service to thousands.

Your thread is indeed a great finding, but I would have thought that you would have provided the most recent historical background material on this same UFO sighting location in Ft. Worth, TX that was brought to national attention on May 11, 2011 when there was a supposed lightning storm and a series of ground and transformer explosions that went on for over 30 minutes.

During that event, on May 11, 2011, orb like UFO's were observed in this exact same geographic location and captured on video by a You-Tuber by the name of Brian Luenser that captured a most spectacular event that night with his video camera.

This same event later went viral through out the Internet with stories of 500 civilians workers being killed in the UFO attack over supposedly top secret technology that was described as a "Vimana" space craft discovered in Afghanistan in December 21, 2010 and transported to the NASA facility located in the remote regions of DFW Airport just prior to the incident on the night of May 11, 2011.

The military industrial complex named for receiving this secret Vimana craft was named as the NASA, Aviation Systems Division located at DWF. Such a high tech laboratory where such a craft was supposedly being back engineered to acquire its secrets of weapons and not just the anti-gravity flight capabilities, but the super weapons are what many think caused the supposed Russian top secret Orbs or as some think, Alien Orb like UFO's to attack the site named as a high tech attack that still has many puzzled as to what happened that night.

While many cover stories were introduced, the only one many still cling to is the additional use of some high tech weaponry and the use of a STUXNET type highly intelligent artificial based intelligence that was seeking out, hunting for all computer data within the area of attack. It is after watching the lengthy explosions, anyone can see that the explosions appear to act intelligently, seeking out and searching for data as if alive and as if it had some collective ability to learn while it was seeking

There are moments in the Brian Luenser You-Tube video that clearly show that the lights take on a upload type of illumination in certain spots and it is his video that best shows that nights orbs and the AI type light of explosions that went of for some time.

I myself thought that the Russians had conducted an open cyber intelligence attack on a American installation in the heartland of America using a high tech artificial intelligence and could have potentially absorbed/copied all the secret data files within the geographic region attacked by such a intelligence virus or they could have destroyed critical data to prevent the further research into this Vimana type craft that prompted such an attack by the suspected, Russian top secret Cosmophere type crafts observed.

Whether 500 or more civilian contractors were indeed killed that night is such a high tech attack is not verified by any sources I can provide, but it does add to the intrigue of what happened that night in Ft. Worth and what those orb like UFO's could have been doing for over 30 minutes.

This recent finding of yours while intriguing, in my opinion is related to that May 11, 2011 incident because the sighting in the exact area that once again shows the same type of multiple orb like crafts that were seen and recorded on May 11, 2011.

While your video only shows a single Orb like UFO, it does show it changing directions and speeding out of the screen in a manner that is not to be confused with an airplane.

To add some additional photo evidence to verify that this recent UFO and the Orbs from May 11, are approximately the same size, shape and brightness, I have some photos, screen captured from the May 11, 2011 video that shows the exact similarities to your recent UFO finding.

* Ft Worth, TX, May 11, 2011, Orb like objects witnessed and recorded on video.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9f0047b069d1.gif[/atsimg]

* Ft Worth, TX Orb ##2, May 11, 2011.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d1482231f24.gif[/atsimg]

* Ft Worth, TX Orb#3, May 11, 2011.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f1125a3257e8.gif[/atsimg]

The back ground material that discusses the Russians, NASA, secret craft, and civilians being kill can be read at the following link.
naturalplane.blogspot.com...

The original You-Tube video showing the May 11, 2011 explosions and orb like UFO's, recorded by Brian Luenser.
www.youtube.com...

In closing I want to add that I feel it is important to keep relative matters in the same box and in that spirit of keeping this Ft Worth, TX location in perspective of May's event and UFO sightings, I feel that this recent UFO orb like finding is somehow related to that previous incident.

As such I feel it is important to understand what happened on the night of May 11, 2011 and even if we don't have any official truth on the matter, sites like ATS and others can do their part by at least admitting that this recent sighting is similar and most likely related to the previous incident for perhaps the very reasons described as secret and important enough for the Russians to intervene and or damage the military ability to continue its secret research and development into the Vimana type craft that the original incident was supposedly all about in the first place.

I hope you find the material and photos I have provided as relevant and as a continuation of the Ft Worth UFO incident that occurred on the night of May 11, 2011.

Thank you for your thread and I hope this discussion adds to the relevant importance of your threads subject matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join