It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the...What was That? UFO spotted in LIVE NBC News SkyCam at Fort Worth, TX

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Great, something we all can't explain properly and again this thread turns into a one on one slagging match. No wonder so many people stop posting here.

Personally, I think it's a great little clip, despite what it may be.

Why would a web-cam have a light behind it? Why would you use any kind of illumination when you're pointing it toward a brightly lit city?

Also, yes, bugs are good at making quick turns, but so are strange craft that plenty of us have seen.

Just because you've never witnessed a craft moving in this manner doesn't mean it's instantly footage of a bug.

And for those who earlier said it's time lapsed, it clearly is NOT time lapsed. Cars generally move fast on motor...sorry, freeways. Look at the side streets, cars are moving much slower there.

Keep an open mind. I like the opinion someone mentioned that why aren't there MORE bugs then? If this one has been attracted to a near by light source why aren't a thousand others? The video above proves that one lone bug is not circling a light, thousands are.

Sometimes wonder why closed minded people bother to post on the aliens forum. Even if you think it's a bug why not get involved in the subject matter and spend your time speculating what else it could be, why come to an aliens forum just to demand we all accept it's a bug. There is no 100% proof either way, bug, alien, whatever. It's worth giving it further analysis.

It's easy for people who've never experienced out of this world phenomena to come here and claim bug. But you have to remember a great proportion of us HAVE seen other worldly phenomena so we come here and look at it in a completely different way. The first will not attribute what they're seeing in a video like this to any previous experience, but a lot of us will. Don't forget that.
edit on 27-7-2011 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
believers vs non-believers: both sides of your argument work

at the end of the day it doesn't matter if its a bug or an alien
- neither one are talking to us.

probably because they're afraid of hearing...
- "you're just a moth! you're ignorant!" - smh...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
There's nothing that we officially have that could cut that kind of maneuver at that speed taking that angle of exit.

Officially of course......Unofficially? Chances are it wasn't one of ours, it might be the real shebang in which case ask yourself....

Why would a news crew fake a stationary camera's footage? They are after all a news reporters right? Logically isn't this news?

Genuine? Yes I would have to say so. There is more news with authenticity rather than fraud.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

First off, I've been lurking this site for many years and was only recently moved to join. Typing words or not, I'm intimately familiar with ATS.

Second, I'm an Air Force veteran. I'm well aware of black funding, believe me. However, this matter is entirely unrelated to the topic of discussion. You're setting up a straw man of sorts. You might as well say "Carpet is soft so that proves Elvis is still alive." It's entirely unrelated. I know full well what the military is capable of. Well, not FULL well, nobody does. But you're reaching even further and making ridiculous connections of black finances to footage of a moth. Let's just acknowledge what a logical fallacy your argument is.

Seriously, must I beg? There are MUCH better videos out there for you to hawk over and defend. I speak from sound facts, logic, education, and experience. You will see no speculation in my posts unless noted otherwise (ie. it's a moth). You're really reaching here. Really. Stop taking offense. I'm not on the attack. I'm here because I want to believe as much as anyone else but I'm not throwing the chips in on this video. No Way.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetsuoatx
It just looks like a bug to me. From the size of the object and the view if it were considered an actual aircraft that object is moving across like hundreds of miles in a half second. I doubt it.

If you have to travel between galaxies, don't you have to go faster than the speed of light? Now how fast is the speed of light?

But after repeatedly watching the video. Most likely, it's a bug. There is a bright light above the camera. When the bug goes away from the camera, it's not as visible. Then when it gets closer again, the visibility comes back...
edit on 27-7-2011 by blackrain17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Also, stop saying it's behind a tree branch. If you're trying to use that argument to imply a sense of scale, I would argue that your invisible tree (that's what it is, invisible *see nonexistent) is massively massive. I mean proportions that are greater than those found in the redwood forest. Just stop already. I've never heard such ridiculous statements. You're grasping at straws here.
A cloud? A single cloud near the ground? Puh-lease!
I'm completely satisfied with the explanation of this being a bug. Look, this isn't rocket science. Surely you can find and access this camera during daylight hours. Find the damn thing and please point out your astronomically sized tree. You're the one making these wild claims. The burden of proof lies on you.
edit on 27-7-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: grammar

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Im not trying to debunk but towards the end it seems to be following the same pattern, so is this the same footage repeated or???? jus wanderin cuz culdnt see a timestamp or nothin

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It's a bug. Took all of 3 seconds to watch the 3-second video.

I don't believe I've ever seen a real, legitimate "UFO" video posted on ATS since I've been a member here. Every single video has been either bugs, planes, balloons, or celestial objects; all explainable.

Not surprising, very predictable, and always expected.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Yes it is the same few seconds looped. Look at the ticker, it resets along with the rest of the video.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ateuprto

I have come down to three possible conclusions:

1.) This is an uncommon and unexplained object discovered by the TV station video editor (who should be professional video editor and very familiar with this videos recordings). If someone who reviews this particular video feed on a regular basis can't identify it, then I don't see who can.

2.) This is a commonly recorded insect phenomenon that is being reported by the TV station or the video editor as a UFO to stage a hoax or to bump ratings.

3.) The TV station video editor is just an idiot (no offense) and should be fired for incompetence.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
hoax sorry.. watching it with half of my attention i was still able to notice that the video said live and when it replayed the "ufo" s path i seem to somehow realize that the news feed was not set back and continues to roll. i highly doubt a ufo would fly in exact pattern like that and slow its speed down for us to see.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tetsuoatx

If we are talking about a UFO then we are talking about something that most likely travelled to earth faster than the speed of light so 100s of miles a second would not be far fetched in that case.

Very Nice video, love seeing something like this from an actual news station.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by matito

I'll pick #2 for the $5-million prize. See the ads on their webpage? Do you have any idea how such a story would generate a ton of page views, thus boosting their ad revenue? It happens all the time. The story is for entertainment purposes only and generates them money for every person that goes to that page.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

I am not offended, and I would love for you to post some of those worthy videos you speak of.

I rarely, and I mean that as in bloody rare post anything in the Alien and UFO forums.

Reason why? I'll let you think on that one. Take a guess, and thats aside from most of the time
there is a lot of chaff.

I genuinely welcome you to ATS, while at the same time I defend my friends on here,
and ask that we be allowed to talk freely and discuss this, and not be bashed and made fun of.

Thanks, and look forward to one of those worthy videos.
edit on 27-7-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

You don't need to attack her the way you are. If it's a bug than it's a bug, I've seen no indication she is unwilling to accept that that is what it's proven to be. Perhaps with your expertise you can explain how either:

Clouds are so close to the camera yet we see the city fine or
Howd the camera catch a bug and magnify it as it flew through a cloud.

If you can see that it flies through the cloud which many of us do, what could it possibly be?

link   

Originally posted by Tinmaddog

Originally posted by tetsuoatx
It just looks like a bug to me. From the size of the object and the view if it were considered an actual aircraft that object is moving across like hundreds of miles in a half second. I doubt it.

I think that's the first time I've seen someone try to debunk UFO footage by claiming that it moves too fast

edit on 27-7-2011 by Tinmaddog because:

No, no, no... he's simply saying it is behaving too much like a UFO for it to possibly be a UFO.

Same mentality used by people who say that some videos look so real that they must be CGI.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

Speaking of open minded, how many bugs should we see in a 3 second video?

Like the video I posted earlier it could be thousands but bugs don't swarm around lights in the thousands every night do they?

You can't make a judgement call on how many bugs there should be with only 3 seconds of footage.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Great video find!

Kudos for this video and it will surly make our thurdsday night show. Clearly an unidentified object darting in differant directions and off screen at a high rate of speed.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

check this out! what do you think this is?? i just want to know what people think

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by drok6661

www.youtube.com...

check this out! what do you think this is?? i just want to know what people think

Discussed here: Exploding Electrical Power transformers.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 27-7-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join