It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the...What was That? UFO spotted in LIVE NBC News SkyCam at Fort Worth, TX

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

ExpF,

Thanks much for your comments. Nice that you dropped in!

I can say I shared much of the same thought processes.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
One square mile of rural land can hold more insects than there are humans on the planets. Yes.. there are a lot of bugs out there. It flies like a moth, it has the shape and color of a moth seen flying around at night.. why anyone would claim that they KNOW the camera settings and the lighting amuses me to no end.

I firmly believe in a few things. One, that UFOs are visiting our planet. Two, that is a moth. Three, some people want there to be a smoking gun UFO so badly, they will ignore common sense at every turn, and rebuke every logical explanation, to try to make it so.

Anyone here could take even camera phone footage of a random light, and get a moth that looks very similar to this. Stop trying to twist supposed camera lighting and view distance to suit your needs. It's a flipping moth, holy crap.

What disturbs me more than anything.. is when a solid case like JAL flight 1628 gets literally FOUR PAGES of comments in TWO YEARS, and a video of a moth gets over 10 in a single night.. it's a very sad day.
edit on 28-7-2011 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

Yeah bad example I agree. More of an argument for forced perspective. That's why people run out of their homes with 2 different shoes on their feet in the morning. Slow down , slow down, think a little.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mjleonid12

I agree that it's definitely not a several hundred mile span. However, I already stated the easily verifiable fact that these types of buildings must have lights according to FAA regulation. The rest of that comment is based on the assumption that this is some sort of craft which it is clearly not.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Since people are talking about lighting is this where the skycam is at or is it in a different location? (I apologise for the typo when looking that up on google, but I'm pretty sure I got the right building)

edit on 28-7-2011 by ancapaaron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ancapaaron

They do say it is a tower cam on the NBC website...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
It's not unidentified anymore. It's a moth. There are heaps of videos showing moths at certain speeds that look like all sorts of shapes. It's a IFM

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ancapaaron

Not sure. I've been trying to find their cam as well. No results. Not even on their site. Probably taken down to drum up hype. All articles say this was caught by a viewer so obviously it can be accessed somewhere. I think anyone that wants to know the real truth should help find it.

ETA HEY LOOK AT THIS LOL dfwtraffic.dot.state.tx.us...
edit on 28-7-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: update

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
If it's located on top of tower and it is in fact an insect; the only lights that are up there are those massive flashing warning lights usally. It could be that an insect caught one of those flashing lights in front of the camera. If that's the case then couldn't it explain away why the object in question comes in nice and bright gets dim, and then goes out nice and bright again?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
One square mile of rural land can hold more insects than there are humans on the planets. Yes.. there are a lot of bugs out there. It flies like a moth, it has the shape and color of a moth seen flying around at night.. why anyone would claim that they KNOW the camera settings and the lighting amuses me to no end.

I firmly believe in a few things. One, that UFOs are visiting our planet. Two, that is a moth. Three, some people want there to be a smoking gun UFO so badly, they will ignore common sense at every turn, and rebuke every logical explanation, to try to make it so.

Anyone here could take even camera phone footage of a random light, and get a moth that looks very similar to this. Stop trying to twist supposed camera lighting and view distance to suit your needs. It's a flipping moth, holy crap.

What disturbs me more than anything.. is when a solid case like JAL flight 1628 gets literally FOUR PAGES of comments in TWO YEARS, and a video of a moth gets over 10 in a single night.. it's a very sad day.
edit on 28-7-2011 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

I am wondering if you have an example of a moth on film? And since

One square mile of rural land can hold more insects than there are humans on the planets.
I am sure you have many.

I saw this thing creeping in there and it looks nothing like a moth, but then I do not claim to be an expert on the bugs. I say that because of the way the light moved behind the cloud, the way it seemed to "pulse" initially, also the distance a bug had to be from the camera did not seem correct. If that was a moth it had to be in frame and we should have been able to see more of it, (a wing? anything?) if that was the case. And how about a link to the case you are citing? jal flight 1628? I'd like to check it out.

edit on 28-7-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

hi burntheships,

+ thanks again...

U never know where an ATS thread is going to go...

anyway.
i have noted on this thread a number of references to either "minuteman" or ICBM,
and i am curious,
does the US test fire these things often???

and is it on a "publicly known " timetable???

can U go to near the "launch site" and set up a picnic table, etc, and watch the show???

seriously...

seeya

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Here is my image from earlier of the flight path with a few different frame captures of the object blended together. You can see it bright at the beginning, then it gets dim when as its travelling to and from the turning point, and then it gets bright again as it exits the frame.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Before we go conclude that it is a bug lets look at some facts shall we:

1.)

The fastest known insect is a dragon fly that has been clocked at 58 kilometres an hour

Bug Facts

2.) And well known fact that insects are attracted to light....google it.

Now based on this two simply but fundamental FACTS.
It can be deduced that, the object in the video for obvious reasons cannot be a bug.

Facts:

1. The object is moving way to fast than the fastest know flying bug.

2. It is not following a light source.

Observations:

1. It moves at rather straight path, and changes directions at about a 90 degree angle.

2. it glows as it accelerates, it deems as it slows.

Conclusion:

It can not be a bug. Simple as that.

Peace

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

You would think the news station with the camera would have got something like this before. This can't be the first bug they have ever captured on film like that. Any results from the examination of the film by experts?
edit on 28-7-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by ExPostFacto

ExpF,

Thanks much for your comments. Nice that you dropped in!

I can say I shared much of the same thought processes.

Hey, look all those "bugs" in space:

1m:45s

Not a bug.

edit on 28-7-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

You MUST be joking. The insect is very close to the lens. It appears to change direction at a 90 degree angle because the speed of the camera can't keep up with the insect. Of course it's not "following" a light, the light is stationary. It is not glowing. Why would the government want a glowing aircraft? They don't. So you're saying it's aliens. Aliens in a glowing disco spaceship. It "deems" as it glows? Honestly, are you high?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
It's a bug pretty damn sure....just think if that was an actual flying machine from another planet then it must had been pretty damn huge.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

A reminder

ATS is a place for discussion.

Some people posting in this thread need to read the ATS Terms and Conditions quite urgently because if they don't they will end up post bannned.

Civility and Decorum are REQUIRED on AboveTopSecret.com

I suggest some folks learn some manners, and understand the basic concepts of civilised and on-topic discussion.

This isn't the comments section of YouTube - its ATS

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join