It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the...What was That? UFO spotted in LIVE NBC News SkyCam at Fort Worth, TX

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
What a mess. Looks like the 8-3-11 area, lots of wishful thinking. People go str8 to alien spacecraft, which I guess is what people mean when they say UFO in HERE. Most likely its an insect, maybe even warped by light sources, maybe even odd ones you can't see through this view. You can call it a UFO if you want I guess....but you can't take that GIANT leap to alien spacecraft with the information provided. I would even go so far from the insect "theory" and say its some kind of atmospheric anomaly maybe....but guys....come back to Earth, we miss you.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

1. The object is moving way to fast than the fastest know flying bug.

How have you deduced the speed of the object?

Show calculations please.

2. It is not following a light source.

No it isn't, should it?

Observations:

1. It moves at rather straight path, and changes directions at about a 90 degree angle.

2. it glows as it accelerates, it deems as it slows.

Conclusion:

It can not be a bug. Simple as that.

Your conclusion is heavily flawed.

You cannot determine the speed of the object, therefore you cannot say it is moving too fast.

Your assumptions that all bugs must follow the light source can be proven wrong by the video already posted in this thread:

They're attracted to the light, but they aren't following are they? How can they follow the light if it isn't moving anyway?

These bugs/birds move as fast if not faster than the object in the OP video, this too has been posted in this thread and subsequently ignored:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a0e5b96c628a.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f327da89217.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6cf79cffbab2.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d9c4e171a411.gif[/atsimg]

Do you understand what's going on here?

A small object close to the camera will appear to move very fast as it passes through the field of view.

The further that object moves away from the camera, the slower it will appear to be moving.

It's easy to test if you still don't get it.

Go find a road where you know what the speed limit is and stand close by it facing straight ahead. When a car comes into sight count how long it takes to pass through your field of view.

Now move a distance away and do the same...the cars, doing the same speed will stay in your FOV for longer and appear to move slower.

So a bug close to a camera will appear to move much faster than it really is.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Ok, let's use some science and clear this up shall we? If this were a bug, I'm sure there would be some previous examples from the traffic cam where we could compare this to. After all, this is Texas ya'll, bugs aren't rare. There should be a history of similar shots like this in that cam. I pity the person who would poor over traffic cam footage, but it can be done.

Now, I'm not sure where this camera is mounted, but if it's in an accessible place, you could release a box of moths or something at night and see if you notice the same effect. This is kind of exciting to me because you can actually prove it or disprove it with the history of the camera or an experiment. Come on NBC Ft. Worth, do it for ATS!!

It's also a strange coincidence that this "bug", which is supposedly close to the camera, swoops down and up ABOVE the horizon.

I'm still not convinced.
edit on 28-7-2011 by Enlightenme1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
When I first saw it my immediate thought was "it's a bug", and I saw little to change my mind.

UFO is a bit of a stretch this time, in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim
When I first saw it my immediate thought was "it's a bug", and I saw little to change my mind.

Yeah...looks like a bug to me. It's amazing how the glamorized presentation of a thread will often dictate the level of response, rather than the quality of the content being presented.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
This is going to seem ridiculous, but is it possible to calculate the speed of this object? it would be interesting to know, good vid op!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Well no matter what - it's just great to see a highly speculative UFO video on the 'current topics' section, it's been too long. Last few days have brought quite a bit of relief in terms of alien related stuff, the news in that area has been so dry and fragmented for the past half a year. Finally, things are hotting up...even if they're to cool down again very soon.

For anyone who missed reading the previous 12 pages, it's quite easy to summarize this thread:

Hey look, what's this!
It's a bug!
No it isn't!
Yes it is!
No it isn't!
It's a bug!
No it isn't!
Yes it is!
No it isn't!
It's an alien spaceship!
No it isn't!
Yes it is!
No it isn't!
Yes it isn't!
No it is!
It's a bug!
Bugger off!
Yes no what!
Chadwickus bug photos
No it isn't!
Yes it is!
It's a bug!
No it isn't!
Chadwickus bug photos again
Yes it is!
No it isn't!
Chadwickus bug photos yet again
My post.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Hiya everyone.

This is only my second post here so please be kind.

Is there anyone here that can calculate the exact angle in which this object changed in it's direction?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
It looks like a bug to me too. It appears to move faster because it is closer to the camera than the cars in the background. The camera undoubtedly had a light set up along with it or there were lights nearby, meaning the apparent darkening of the object can just be explained by it being in the light and/or rotating so it doesn't reflect the light from that particular angle.

I want to believe as well, but I don't think this is proof of aliens. Sorry

edit on 28-7-2011 by Cecilofs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Bug.
Entering the frame
while being illuminated
by a light
from behind.
It travels into
and out of a
shadow.

Sometimes you have to talk reeeeal slow for the special people in the cloud.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77

Originally posted by ApeyBaby
A bug. A moth flying around the camera

interesting, however to debunk you, if you study the image more closely you will notice that the light fades slightly in the horizon, as if it were behind trees or something and then shoots back up. It followed a straight horizontal line, and just happened to be right on the horizon where lands meets sky.

ok what if it was a bug and their was a light sorce anywhere behind the camera and it faded because the bug flew into the cameras shadow then made a 45 so it could find the light sorce again. But you know I could be called a conspiracy nut for this one as I have no proof.
edit on 28-7-2011 by jonco6 because: well it seams that alot of others beat me to the punch lol look up

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

I disagree i belive its a bug also but i cant identify what kind it is so i guess it could still be a ufo.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
12 pages!!!!!!

Good lord, even I don't want to believe that badly!

There's a camera with a light on it pointing out at the city, its night time..

And what happens at night when there's a bright light outside or visible?

Yes, moths etc all fly at it....

That UFO is very clearly a bug of some kind flying in its excited state around the light source and very close to the camera , it only becomes visible when it hits the beam of light and then vanishes as it comes out of the beam.

How can people turn that into 12 pages????

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jonco6

Surely if this was a bug, we would see more of the same thing. Bugs are everywhere, and they must pass by that cam many times, so why do we see this only once. I don't know what it is, but people have to take that into account before they believe its a bug. Just seeing it once makes no sense to me if it was a bug.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

looks like a bug thats passing by...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by antwerp
reply to post by burntheships

looks like a bug thats passing by...

Bug, yes...But was it an alien bug?

Thar is the question.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Not saying it's alien or something but a bug..?

Seems like a rather easy way out to me..

Since when are bugs self illuminating? And if it was close enough to be illuminated by some light close to the camera we would clearly be able to SEE it's a bug.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Hmmm That is a great video, no-one can dis-miss this as a space rock, (excuse my lack of appropriate vocabulary there) it has a great speed and turns to sharply for a "space Rock" this is a genuine UFO at it's best, S+F

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Why do people get excited over these types of videos? They are utterly useless for trying to identify the object in question and are 9/10 times a common camera artifiact.

I'll get excited when I see a video that shows a UFO with texture & substance other than a bright light!

Thanks for sharing anyway...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
why are so many people ignoring the fact that if this was a bug, then we should see this more often on the cam. Come on people!

Im not saying its ET, but the bug theory does not make any sense. The problem with belief, is that it can cloud a believers mind, and a non believes mind.

So, please answer the question. If this is a bug, then why don't we see this more than once? If it is a bug, then these should be quite common on the cam.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join