It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the...What was That? UFO spotted in LIVE NBC News SkyCam at Fort Worth, TX

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

That's simple, there is no cloud. I already stated this. You can't ask me to prove how something is there when it's clearly not and I made a statement in the negative as to such an occurrence. That's like me asking you to prove that it's a moth.

As for the OP, what did you expect? That's what we're all here for. To help each other work out the truth and get different points of view and facts we weren't aware of initially. Were I to post a thread and have someone enlighten me, I may argue some points but if they presented new information that I could fact-check, I would readily concede to their position with a grateful "thank you."

As for those videos, I said better, not real. High def with clearly defined lines, readily available scale, multiple witnesses and video in different locations, confirmation by local radar sites, etc. There are several of these cases out there.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
A moth. Even with the internet, common sense is applicable.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

im not saying your wrong but watch the video again and at 12 seconds look in the sky and u will see little orbs appear then move a little then disappear> just somthing i noticed. also the lights get very bright when these orbs are around.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Has anybody been able to check news/police reports for the Ft. Worth area and see if anybody reported seeing anything?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

How do you not see the clouds?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Because they don't exist. I encourage you to go to the actual video on Youtube and play the video fullscreen. This is something I usually do but felt this video was so obvious, I didn't need to. The object does not disappear for a second. Not a single frame. Please, go confirm this yourself. Also, the source is "ufocontacttv." Not a chance they're biased on this video. The guy makes claims of alien contact. Do you believe that? Check out his listed website. He claims this video is "being researched" by vague UFO investigators. Um, which one? He says the news station brought them in. So... why isn't this in the news? I even found the link to this stations site. The column? Written by some guy that works for a newspaper, not the NBC affiliate. He's obviously reaching hard as well. This whole thing is fake through and through.

Obvious troll is obvious

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Looks like a large unsteady search light reflecting on cloud cover to me.
edit on 27-7-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I took the liberty of blending a few images together so that the flight path of whatever this thing is stands out better for everyone to see. Hopefully it proves to be helpful to someone.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Yep, gotta be a bug. I live a few miles away from there and have seen many 'stealth insects' make sharp, high speed, turns. Happens all the time in the metroplex, occasionally you'll see the moths come in at night with their landing lights turned off too.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I did and I see clouds. The YT link in the OP is not the source of the video clearly but the source video could not be imbedded is my guess. The source is the news station where the cam is and they have sent it out for analysis.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I've watched it several times and as a matter of fact, I am wearing glasses with a recently updated prescription. You're seeing what you want to see. You're also reading what you want to read. The word you're looking for is "subtle" and I'm in no way being subtle. My words are clear and concise and I have stated repeatedly that I am not attacking anyone. You're straying way off topic and making me out to be some sort of boogeyman in the name of perceived "friendship" from your compatriot, the OP. The camera is on top of a building. The building has lights. This is a bug reflecting that light. Many others in here have done a much better job of showing examples of this than I have. For some reason, you have singled me out for ridicule in an attempt to have other members force social sanctions on me. They will not. You are in the wrong here. This video has been analyzed and it's clearly a bug. You're simply trying to attack me by saying I'm attacking you and hoping others will join your infantile crusade simply because you state the matter to be so. How many times have I asked you people to just stop? This thread was closed by the second page. Now it's just you with all your insecurities and vengeful attitude attempting to lash out at someone who opposes you. Stop.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I've watched it several times and as a matter of fact, I am wearing glasses with a recently updated prescription. You're seeing what you want to see. You're also reading what you want to read. The word you're looking for is "subtle" and I'm in no way being subtle. My words are clear and concise and I have stated repeatedly that I am not attacking anyone. You're straying way off topic and making me out to be some sort of boogeyman in the name of perceived "friendship" from your compatriot, the OP. The camera is on top of a building. The building has lights. This is a bug reflecting that light. Many others in here have done a much better job of showing examples of this than I have. For some reason, you have singled me out for ridicule in an attempt to have other members force social sanctions on me. They will not. You are in the wrong here. This video has been analyzed and it's clearly a bug. You're simply trying to attack me by saying I'm attacking you and hoping others will join your infantile crusade simply because you state the matter to be so. How many times have I asked you people to just stop? This thread was closed by the second page. Now it's just you with all your insecurities and vengeful attitude attempting to lash out at someone who opposes you. Stop.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

You've deemed Im insecure from a few posts? lol
I'm sorry that you can't see the clouds, that doesn't make the situation me seeing what I want to as others have seen the clouds, yes even those rare gems that don't think it is something beyond ordinary. You have been insulting, I'm sorry that you can't see that either. I probably shouldn't have called you on it but I did. Apologies.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I've seen that exactly, maybe two years ago in southern NM. Like it skipped off the atmosphere making a ninety degree turn. Swear to God.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I thought it might be a moth the moment I saw it. However, after watching it several more times, I decided.. it was -definitely- a moth.

Why would anyone think that was anything other than an insect.. seriously.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Heheh...I'm a little amazed at the rock-solid confidence of many a commenter here how this is merely a bug and end of story. Really adds to the discussion. Anyway, I'm not ruling out the "bug" theory but need more info. Mainly, does this camera have a nearby light source shining outward from or into the line of sight? If so, why is only one "bug" randomly seen? Usually there are several flying around lights. If no lights, well, it just may be a craft! Oh Lord help us at ATS...something that can't be debunked might cause mass member insanity! Anyway, great post.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It seems to me that if this is a bug the haze or fog in the shot that seems to be on the horizon has to be near the camera because the BUG clearly goes into this and comes back out.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

hi burntheships,
+ thanks for that....nice find...

it is very similar to one of the two UFO "sightings" i have experienced...

on a wet, cloudy night i saw what i thought was a shooting star heading down and
as it seemed to "hit" the horizon it did a 90+ degree turn, divided into TWO "lights"
which then proceeded to have a "dog-fight" together before disappearing together
up into the sky..all in about ten seconds...

weird stuff...

anyway, thinking this footage of yours is NOT a bug,
apart from that though, no idea...

S + F for this investigation starter...

seeya

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Negative for bugs, I'm afraid.

Depth of field would preclude that from being an option.

The camera is focused on the horizon, making anything in the foreground both blurry, and, if small (ie a 'moth') invisible.

Take a piece of your hair and hold it in front of your eye, now look at your screen.

Tada! Gone.

That would have to be a helicopter sized moth to even register on a focal point that far away.

So, perhaps we are being visited by huge extraterrestrial moths...

Otherwise, no moth.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by markymint

Also, yes, bugs are good at making quick turns, but so are strange craft that plenty of us have seen.

Just because you've never witnessed a craft moving in this manner doesn't mean it's instantly footage of a bug.

And for those who earlier said it's time lapsed, it clearly is NOT time lapsed. Cars generally move fast on motor...sorry, freeways. Look at the side streets, cars are moving much slower there.

Keep an open mind. I like the opinion someone mentioned that why aren't there MORE bugs then? If this one has been attracted to a near by light source why aren't a thousand others? The video above proves that one lone bug is not circling a light, thousands are.

Very good points, thank you.

Many mentions of the lack of bugs, especially that...I would assume, these guys have this cam on everynight.

So, if bugs are common occurance, they would take that into consideration.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join