It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investors: The $1 Billion Armageddon Trade Placed Against The United States

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

The left right etc paradigm is nonsensical at best. It is just another point of division amongst the general populous much like racism and other distraction-ary bs.

I do agree on the flat tax though.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
We're going to hear a lot of gloom and doom from the Right until President Obama is out of office. They NEED the Economy to be weak in order to win the election,

Wow, so the bad economy, trillions in debt and deficit are all a plot by the republicans to defeat Obama, because they need this to win?

I'll bet you now, that IF there is a republican in the white house after 2012, by 2014 things are going to be even worse, and of course that republican president will be blaming it ALL on Obama.

Sound familiar?

Really, things are and have been so bad for so long making it a partisan issue is just plain silly.

At the end of the day, neither republicans nor democrats can fix this, the only things they can do now will only buy time... Time to blame everything on the other party, or president... Meanwhile nothing gets fixed.

Enjoy the partisan games while they last.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
We're going to hear a lot of gloom and doom from the Right until President Obama is out of office. They NEED the Economy to be weak in order to win the election,

Wow, so the bad economy, trillions in debt and deficit are all a plot by the republicans to defeat Obama, because they need this to win?

I'll bet you now, that IF there is a republican in the white house after 2012, by 2014 things are going to be even worse, and of course that republican president will be blaming it ALL on Obama.

Sound familiar?

Really, things are and have been so bad for so long making it a partisan issue is just plain silly.

At the end of the day, neither republicans nor democrats can fix this, the only things they can do now will only buy time... Time to blame everything on the other party, or president... Meanwhile nothing gets fixed.

Enjoy the partisan games while they last.

To be fair, friend...We had 8 years of senseless spending and warfare. The Bush Administration put us in such a damper it's horrific. Now if only Democrats would get their heads on straight, they can make some real change in our economy and for the better. The Republicans in Congress are just completely delusional. They have no sense of economical solutions or reality.

Originally posted by ElectricWizard

The left right etc paradigm is nonsensical at best. It is just another point of division amongst the general populous much like racism and other distraction-ary bs.

I do agree on the flat tax though.

Honestly, the left/right paradigm used to be nonsense but now we have Republicans who are completely off the edge of sanity. They are mixing their religious ideologies with politics including the economy. These people have no proper solutions to fix anything, especially with Obama in office since they want him out and a Republican in.

Don't be fooled, the Tea Bagge...uh...Tea Partiers Need the economy to be in the toilet in order to make it to the White House.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
my guess this billion is to ensure the aaa rating stays intact. the bankers keep it, and america keeps it's aaa rating.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Really, no. You are part of the disease that is killing this country. If you cannot see that demo & repub do not have your best interest at hand you deserve all the bad that is coming to you.

"Rape me rape me rape me" may be your mantra, but it is not mine.

They take take take take and take and give nothing in return.

Also if you wanna "believe" there is a difference. Your obummer has wasted 16+ trillion in his first 2 years. Strictly numbers that is WAY more than bushtard spent. You have no planting in reality. I feel bad for you.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It does not matter if the usa is downgraded or not. usa should have been downgraded a long long time ago. oh well the damage is done. now they are ready to set up the economic collapse of the financial markets to roll out the new global cashless society electronic monetary system. its foundation is already in place. Wall Street is no longer the economic center of the world. there is no "center". its now a global group of circuits connecting all world financial markets. it is my opinion that we will continue to sell off in the stock index futures until aug 2nd and then continue to do so long after.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricWizard

Really, no. You are part of the disease that is killing this country. If you cannot see that demo & repub do not have your best interest at hand you deserve all the bad that is coming to you.

"Rape me rape me rape me" may be your mantra, but it is not mine.

They take take take take and take and give nothing in return.

Also if you wanna "believe" there is a difference. Your obummer has wasted 16+ trillion in his first 2 years. Strictly numbers that is WAY more than bushtard spent. You have no planting in reality. I feel bad for you.

Obama did not spend more than 16 trillion dollars in his first two years as President, that's #1.

#2, I don't think I ever claimed I believe Democrats or Republicans have our best interest. I was stating that the Republicans have an agenda and want Obama to fail, especially economically. And the Democrats have much potential but fail to do much constructive work. Both Parties are failing to have any proper solutions.

#3. Get off your high horse because you believe information you read on the internet or conspiracy theory sites or Fox.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

#1 suck me sanders.senate.gov...

#2 suck me again

#3 do a reality check on yourself and the statements you make

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u

Originally posted by Dance4Life

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by Dance4Life
This is such a non event, but a great example of how the media loves to mess with the uninformed.

There are 1 MILLION PLUS contracts being traded a day with 30 yr and 10 yr.

They are basically lying to you in so many words.

This is a literal drop in the bucket as far as liquidity goes in the most liquid market in the world.

EDIT

This guy(s) traded a total of 5000 contracts.

This is so laughable. 5000/1000000 daily = .005% OF AVERAGE TOTAL DAILY VOLUME
edit on 26-7-2011 by Dance4Life because: (no reason given)

I don't think anyone is concerned about the number of trades being made... it's the cost of 1 billion USD bet against the US that is interesting....

No, you and others dont quite understand. But I can see this because you don't know any better plus the article is lying to you.

First of all it is not a 1 Billion dollar bet. Not even close. It is 25,000,000 for the initial margin requirement. Which, take my word, is not a lot of money in this industry. Much more than I will personally ever accumulate, but not a lot when we look at this market.

Next, the 5000 contracts being laid are so not newsworthy it is ridiculous. Like I said .005% of total daily volume.

Btw, how do you know this trade isn't hedged in another market? Such as going long dollar? Or what about synthetic options such as selling puts and buying futures?

See, the thing is that this trade is so dumb and out of context it is hard to even comment on it. It really is no big deal at all. The market isn't ran by small timers like me, it is ran by the millions of people that have this kind of cash to throw around.

Must have been a slow news day or something - because they REALLY went out of their way to sensationalize this.

show me the proof please. I want you to be correct.

Other than my math, which should have been .5% ( half of one percent ) of total daily volume, nothing is wrong. Take a look at any website which displays contract volume. You could go straight to the cmegroup.com - then go to interest rates - us treasury bonds

The information is free for anyone to research. It is widely known that the US Bond market is the most liquid market in the world.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricWizard

So you're going to use the bailouts as part of his spending spree? Try again and try not to fail next time.

And no, I won't suck you. But I'm sure Mr. Bachmann would.

Please, grow up.

Thanks, bud.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Folks, don't let the media fool you, the Tea Party is not responsible for the current situation, the Obama administration is. Obama promised to cut the deficit in half during his first administration (source), instead the deficit has soared from 10.6 trillion to 14.5 trillion in the first 3 years of his term. Obama also promised taxes would not be raised under his administration on those making less than 250k. He has abandoned that promise as well, and now seeks to raise taxes on the middle class to close the budget gap. The bottom line is you can shout about the damage Bush did all you want, but it doesn't detract from the fact that the Obama administration has catastrophically failed our country at every turn and has led us to the edge of an abyss and they are poised to shove us in. The Tea Party is simply a reflection of the widespread discontent being expressed by the citizens of this country and they are doing exactly what the citizens mandated- pushing forward long-term solutions to our problems no matter how painful they may be in the short term. Obama is the housewife who has maxed out her 100k worth of credit cards and thinks the "solution" is to get more credit cards. The Tea Party is the husband who is telling the wife it's time to go through the painful process of paying off that debt and forego the new purchases until it's done.

edit on 27-7-2011 by SavedOne because: typo

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ctdannyd

yeah, I got tired of reading purely disinformation posts about future markets, billion dollars bets etc...this kind of post showing on the main page of ATS is just bad for its reputation.

As far as downgrading goes, it's not a big deal as long as the issues are addressed properly. One main example was the Japanese downgrading:
blogs.wsj.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I would like to ask all Tea Party haters why they think having a balanced budget is a bad thing? Why not spending money we dont have is a bad thing? If you read the books Obama reads and has told our children to read,you would understand that this is his plan,to bring the system down,to overwhelm the system from within.Clowerd and Pippin,pardon the spelling of the last 2 names.But i dare you to read there book and then look at whats happening and ask yourself is there book a blue print for what is going on in the white house.Who in there rite mind thinks its ok to spend more than you have 10 folds?
Why do people who watch Obama say he wants to have higher gas prices and higher electric bills and then defend him by saying he really didnt mean what he said during the last election? Really,cant you see that the prices of gas has jumped over 100% from time he became czar in charge.
Why is it so crazy to believe what he says he wants to do to America?When you see with your own eyes he is doing exactly what he said he was going to do.
As for the market,i would look to George Soros and his ilk to be the ones betting against America,this is how he has made his money.Hell he even says it in video interviews of how he bets against the system then pushes the system to fail.
Using class warfare as a way to get your way isnt rite.The reason that the dems dont have a plan is because they dont want things to get better.Just look at what they are doing and ask yourself if what they say and what they do are really the same thing,no it isnt.Obama says one thing these days and does another.Why?
The people who are betting against America are the people who put Obama in the white house.So they have a vested intersest in seeing America fail.When people realize that there are groups of people who want us to fail things will start to make more since to them.That includes you people who make fun of the tea party.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I wonder if this was a George Soros client...He just closed quantum to outside investors. and gave back 1 billion to "investors"

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
sounds like bilderbergs. They just met and then this happened. hmmm. 2nd speculation is china

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Yes, people are getting their nuts all tied up because of a misleading article.

This website says to "Deny Ignorance". That includes deconstructing propaganda both from the offiical sources, and, more frequently these days, hysterical BS from the ignorants on some blog. It is not a billion dollar trade, it was 25 million or so in margin, though with a significant face value.

Just a tiny bit of googling reveals this:

www.futuresmag.com...

The CME is upping the margin requirements.

Hence, this trade could be the result of somebody who was *LONG* treasuries with a large position open, but is now compelled by their risk managers to cut back on the trade---or their prime broker did it for them.

It could be adjustments to some large institutional position, e.g. PIMCO or Calpers or some other fund.

If somebody actually wanted to bet about losing the AAA credit rating, they would buy credit default swaps OTC from German and Swiss banks.

My guess: the original blogger has a following of tea smoking paranoid survivalists and wanted to get lots of lots of page view for increasing his ad income.
edit on 27-7-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
People really have to much time on there hands if they play this game so feverishly.

Do you know why its called wall street? Because the wall must be placed somewhere, so why not were its most predictable and useful. .

But yes its all a scam, the whole dam thing in all its many forms. But really we have to do something with all them people, most of them are pretty useless, but they can be harmful if given power, as no doubt some have seen pretty recently. The whole thing is smoke and mirrors and when touched by anything real, it will fade to mist.

But ah, if it all faded away then we would have many useless people on the streets again, so the show will go on. Besides betting and playing this game is one of the favorite things humanity likes to do, so....whatever.

And I have been thinking. And have come to the conclusion that we do not have enoph shi* around in this world... We need more shi*. Because like everything else, and all gardeners know. That, to grow anything a lot of waste matter is required, and in this case for what is growing a huge amount of shi* will be required.

So come one come all, to one of the greatest shows on earth, you will be dazzled and bedazzled, and in the end you will not even wonder what happened. All is normal that is deemed normal.

And so people prepare for an upload of more shi* in the future.

Now were does the shi* go?

I know your all waiting for the shi* to hit the fan.

Well to bad, I think we need a lot, lot, lot more shi* so you all will have to wait around for a lot longer to be covered in doo doo.
Now they will all do as they do, what else would they do but as they always do and do.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I think who ever bet a billion dollars that the US defaults is going to lose their shirts. You have to remember that Congress is over 3000 % wealthier while most Americans are down in wealth. Congress is the ulitmate inside traders and they are probably going to come through in the last second making even more money themselves.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
No question. 100 Senators and some 400 or so Congressmen have figured out how to legally become insider traders that no one can mess with. Their wealth is up 3000%. They have the scam figured out and they will just happen to make things happen to their own tune in the last day, like a miracle. If you are betting against them you are statistically INSANE. The 3000% figure speaks for itself. No one can come close to that. Not GE. Not anyone or anything.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RichardSweats

And what REALLY scares me most is the foreign troops ready to move in. THEY won't have a problem shooting us!

A few years back I used to have these really vivid dreams at night, of the Russian Army rolling through American streets. When I woke up, I brushed it off as most likely, ridiculous brain activity.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join