It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investors: The $1 Billion Armageddon Trade Placed Against The United States

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

lol
wouldn't it be 0.5%?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w

Originally posted by Dance4Life
This is such a non event, but a great example of how the media loves to mess with the uninformed.

There are 1 MILLION PLUS contracts being traded a day with 30 yr and 10 yr.

They are basically lying to you in so many words.

This is a literal drop in the bucket as far as liquidity goes in the most liquid market in the world.

EDIT

This guy(s) traded a total of 5000 contracts.

This is so laughable. 5000/1000000 daily = .005% OF AVERAGE TOTAL DAILY VOLUME
edit on 26-7-2011 by Dance4Life because: (no reason given)

ehm my math is very very bad...

but isn't 5000/1000000, 5 percent instead of 0.05??

just wanted to point that out

wich is a pretty significant number IMHO.
edit on 27-7-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

Err

It is .5%

So not quite 1 %

Yeah, missed that myself

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Not to be rude,but one billion is not that much,

For a lot of rich people that's peanuts

Differents between America and other country's

edit on 27-7-2011 by Cyanhide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Faced with a Bankrupt US upon becoming President, Ronald Reagan told the Federal Agencies to set up Trust Funds, he put a little money in them...and he said to go out and invest so you create money to live on.

There's $398 BILLION in DOD's military retirement Trust Fund:

actuary.defense.gov...

They only spend $50 Billion a year paying America's Retired Military. They have enough money to pay our military retiree's for 8 years without 1 nickel of Federal Appropriations.

They had to get the money from somewhere's......stripped it from the US Economy so you are unemployed.

If anyone's betting Against the Federal Government....it IS the Federal Government....and you can thank ole Ronnie Reagan for what he did.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
It seems they are bound and determined to take down the U.S. government.

One can only hope.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

No, It probably is the Hungarian vampire George Soros......."the nation killer"

Soros +1

Back in 2008 he made a financial bet ( called shorting ) against the biggest hungarian bank. Right after the financial crisis hit our country.

www.reuters.com...

Edit:

But to be fair: he said sorry!

edit on 27-7-2011 by belsoember because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Every time there is a catastrophic even about to happen in the financial market, something happens to correct it. There have been so many "breaking points" in the last five years that were all supposed to cause another great depression but never unfurled.

All just market manipulation in my own uneducated opinion....

And how many of those times did someone put a 1 BILLION bet against the USA?

Someone is wagering more money here then ur average african country has to spend for an entire year (and it probably used to be their money too lol..)

edit:
I think it's about time to convert my poker bankroll from dollars to euro's while they'rs still worth a penny or 2 (69 ct's for a dollar as i type this, was 71 ct's 2 days ago)
edit on 27/7/11 by Romekje because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Thanks for sharing that.

How this left / right facade continues is beyond all comprehension to me.

And overall, I am really starting to hate the baby boomer generation. They are totally into loving propaganda. You can't really blame them I guess because they grew up with the cold war. Which was the beginning of all the real good stuff. Hide under your desks!

I am hoping when most of these people pass away ( no offense to the legit boomers ) that the tide will turn.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

I'm hearing....:"snotty-nosed-know-it-all-who-has-missed-the-point-completely", but I'm no market expert, and I am NO baby boomer (not that I'm assuming your comment was in any way directed at me)
Actually the kind of activity that goes on in share houses, strikes me as very lemming, nose to tail nose to tail, constantly chasing the other lemmings, thinking all the while that it's not real money, pfftt! That's nothing!
Very cavalier - peace

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit
Anyone want to bet on it being the Chinese ? think about it they could make billions and also destroy the US economy all at once.

The Chinese have been destroying our economy for years, and American companies have given them the power to accomplish it. The jobs went overseas and a lot of American paychecks went with them. Now we can buy a great many items at a much cheaper price, but at what cost.
Its not just our jobs that went overseas. A huge amount of land is owned by persons, or companies outside of our borders. Not only did we send our jobs. We let them take the land with them.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
What's a share house?

Btw, just fyi but the max limit on contracts traded is a total of 10,000 futures contracts

www.cmegroup.com...=48

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
maybe thats a brutal ´hint ´ to force the republicans to vote for the bailout?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suohhen

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit
Anyone want to bet on it being the Chinese ? think about it they could make billions and also destroy the US economy all at once.

The Chinese have been destroying our economy for years, and American companies have given them the power to accomplish it. The jobs went overseas and a lot of American paychecks went with them. Now we can buy a great many items at a much cheaper price, but at what cost.
Its not just our jobs that went overseas. A huge amount of land is owned by persons, or companies outside of our borders. Not only did we send our jobs. We let them take the land with them.

Around 6 month ago 7 percent of U.S. was estimated to be owned by oil magnets from Arabia.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
If I had a billion dollars to blow, I'd make the same bet! If its expendable capital and its not going to hurt you financially, the potential rewards outweigh the risk.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

i wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be linked with someone in congress, since they are immune to insider trading laws.

You said what??

God help us all...
edit on 27-7-2011 by OleMB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Please prepare to join the EURO family that has been waiting for us, as we begin the process of a regional currency shared with Canada/Mexico/SA/USA,
It will happen.
NEXT, midddle east, then far east.

edit on 27-7-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: typo

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
I wonder if it is the guy, or guys, who own the tea baggers in the house?

It seems they are bound and determined to take down the U.S. government.

They promised the people who voted for them to see that the country is financially responsible and quits spending money it doesn't have. You don't get it!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by chooselove
I could be wrong, but if they raise the debt ceiling and print more money wouldn't that decrease the value of the green back? Also wouldn't it decrease the value of the green back if they don't raise the debt ceiling due to the fallout on the international market that will cause?

Something to think about...

Link

No one can say for sure what will happen between now and August 2nd with the deficit. As Ron Paul has said clearly, the U.S. will inevitably default sometime soon and it should. But with the Fed having given $7.75 trillion to four U.S. banks and an estimated $7 or $8 trillion to foreign banks. The whole world economy is in fact underwritten by the Fed and the U.S. government. This quote says it all. -- MCR

"A life-threatening malignancy is NOT fought or cured by doing everything possible to increase its power and potency. Yet that is what financial authorities in the US and everywhere else have been doing in regard to the life blood of their economies. As this stark fact becomes ever clearer, Washington DC and Wall Street stand helpless before the fact that they can only cure the economy at the cost of killing the financial system which is feeding on it. It’s that simple."

Default is inevitable?

Seems like a BILLION dollar bet would be a safe bet.

edit on 27-7-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by jimrat201

Don't you get it. The entire thing is being manipulated. Why do you think they are acting like a group of Nero's and fiddle while The US economy is burning down around us. There are people who are directly involved who have hedge fund bets that the US will default and now this. Anyone who believes this isn't contrived in order to make huge profits out of everyone elses demise needs to get a brain.

Completely,
Absolutely agree
This is so contrived it is obvious..
Who cares anyway - anyone smart does not play their games!
Invest in yourself - you will get ten fold returns.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Nobody places a trade for that amount without doing their homework.

Say bye bye to AAA
lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join