It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investors: The $1 Billion Armageddon Trade Placed Against The United States

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Investors: The $1 Billion Armageddon Trade Placed Against The United States

etfdailynews.com

Jack Barnes: Someone dropped a bomb on the bond market Thursday – a $1 billion Armageddon trade betting the United States will lose its AAA credit rating.

In one moment, an invisible trader placed a single trade that moved the most liquid debt market in the world
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
so basically, aug 2nd, we either lose the AAA credit or we keep it. if we lose it, ALL the markets will crash like crazy, which depending on how your playing it, you can make it big; however, the country's economy is gonna be even more *SNIP*, since it will push up the Euro even more; including higher gas prices, food, etc...

etfdailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 7/28/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jimrat201

This is really scary. But, something odd - why is the article dated with yesterday's date, but talking about this happening on Thursday? Tomorrow is only Wednesday. Does it mean this happened last Thursday but we are only just now hearing about it?

Nevermind, I see the chart is for July 21, so it was placed last Thursday.
edit on 26-0720117-1111 by gwynnhwyfar because: I found the answer to my own question.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
so this is preliminary evidence of insider trading. someone with knowledge of how the game will end bet 1 billion that we will either lose our AAA credit rating, default, or both.

i wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be linked with someone in congress, since they are immune to insider trading laws.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Every time there is a catastrophic even about to happen in the financial market, something happens to correct it. There have been so many "breaking points" in the last five years that were all supposed to cause another great depression but never unfurled.

All just market manipulation in my own uneducated opinion....

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jimrat201

Don't you get it. The entire thing is being manipulated. Why do you think they are acting like a group of Nero's and fiddle while The US economy is burning down around us. There are people who are directly involved who have hedge fund bets that the US will default and now this. Anyone who believes this isn't contrived in order to make huge profits out of everyone elses demise needs to get a brain.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I think it would have been a good bet to make.

Even if they pass an agreement to raise the debt ceiling we will just have to deal with it again. This is all a final push to leach out whatever wealth and assets they can from a sinking ship. Someone knows what is going to eventually happen and the bet against a stable economy has become the wise one.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Insider trading? Maybe.

Or maybe just someone who see's that the political system is snarled beyond short term redemption & figures there's a bloody good chance to make a fortune.

Let's face it - pretty much everyone posting on here, whether they be nut job TP supporters or communist Dems, thinks the sytem is screwed too - so why be surprised that someone wants to make money out of a sure thing??!!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Excuse my stock market ignorance, but why can't we find out this investor's name?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Lets see, what exactly is this TRADE PLACED AGAINST THE US. Where is the link to this trade. The trade of what?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This is a sure bet.

Current plans and likely plans to pass congress = total BS.

If SP and Moody got one ounce of honesty left, they will downgrade the US within a month.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Amazing, did you ever think you'd see the day when someone could boldly bet $1 BILLION against the USA?

Crazy times, eh?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Horse, NO NAME in front, US trailing behinde, looks close folks. OOOOHHHH U.S.A just lost to NO NAME, by a NOSE. Somebody KNOWS, whats commin. I am no banker or investor, I did not know you could do that, bet against the U.S.A. I thought you win or loose money in things like different buisnesses in corn, cars, gold, oil, and so on, NOT countries. WTF. I bet the JAPS will default, Fukashima, I bet against that. This is getting worse by the hour, I'M GETTING SICK.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Watch this closely...

"And to whom may I write this check out to?"

"WHATDOYAMEAN IT BOUNCED?!"

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Anyone want to bet on it being the Chinese ? think about it they could make billions and also destroy the US economy all at once.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
there are alot of people in power that want the US to crash, if anyone cannot see that by now they are delusional....good luck

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This is such a non event, but a great example of how the media loves to mess with the uninformed.

There are 1 MILLION PLUS contracts being traded a day with 30 yr and 10 yr.

They are basically lying to you in so many words.

This is a literal drop in the bucket as far as liquidity goes in the most liquid market in the world.

EDIT

This guy(s) traded a total of 5000 contracts.

This is so laughable. 5000/1000000 daily = .005% OF AVERAGE TOTAL DAILY VOLUME
edit on 26-7-2011 by Dance4Life because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Currency trading is a great place to be right now. it is so much bigger than all the stock markets and easy to learn and invest in.

The foreign exchange market (Forex) is the most liquid financial market in the world. Traders include large banks, central banks, institutional investors, currency speculators, corporations, governments, other financial institutions, and retail investors. The average daily turnover in the global foreign exchange and related markets is continuously growing. According to the 2010 Triennial Central Bank Survey, coordinated by the Bank for International Settlements, average daily turnover was US$3.98 trillion in April 2010 (vs $1.7 trillion in 1998).[3] Of this $3.98 trillion, $1.5 trillion was spot foreign exchange transactions and $2.5 trillion was traded in outright forwards, FX swaps and other currency derivatives

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'm beginning to entertain the idea that some of the politicians are in the pay of somone who desires to harm the US by creating deadlock. Think about it, it would be a very elegant and effective economic warfare strategy to deploy against an enemy...pay off key people on both sides of the isle to "not budge an inch..." I won't bother to speculate which enemy, for America has many.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join