It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investors: The $1 Billion Armageddon Trade Placed Against The United States

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
What they're trying to do is make money obsolete, so they can replace it with cards. These cards will be tied to "you", "me", and everyone else, and they will be how much "you" are worth. Our worth will be tied to us as human beings. If the dollar fails, the middle and lower class, in otherwords, me and you, are #ed.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Here are the contract specifications for the 10Y Treasury futures:

www.cmegroup.com...

* By holding 5,000 contracts it does NOT mean a bet worth US$ 1,000 MM.
* One tick is the discrete minimum price change, and each tick is worth $15.625.
* A large market sweep can be about 10 ticks. A relatively catastrophic market sweep would be 100 ticks.
* So by holding 5,000 contracts, under a 10 ticks movement this guy would win/loose $781,250.Under a 100 ticks sweep he would pocket/loose $7.8 MM.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
edit on 27-7-2011 by baburak because: my bad

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jimrat201

Good, let it crash, then those that are ready and don't rely on money will rise. They would be more prepared and they would be off the grid so that no one in power can take control of them.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
You know who's gonna benefit from a feudal America? I'll tell you who...

White supremacist mountain men
Neo-Nazis
MS-13
The Red Mafia
The crips and bloods
Killers
Murderers
Rapist
Ex-cons
Escaped prisoners
Mexican Cartels

A band of few good people will be far and between. So just remember when SHTF those that will benefit will be coming out of the woodwork, because who's gonna stop all of them? You and your 9mm?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Here's an idea... Why doesn't the government/ treasury make the same investment on a really large scale. Then our government could default and make enough to repay the debt plus!!! Then they would have to make our credit rating AAAAA+ roflmfao!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by Dance4Life
This is such a non event, but a great example of how the media loves to mess with the uninformed.

There are 1 MILLION PLUS contracts being traded a day with 30 yr and 10 yr.

They are basically lying to you in so many words.

This is a literal drop in the bucket as far as liquidity goes in the most liquid market in the world.

EDIT

This guy(s) traded a total of 5000 contracts.

This is so laughable. 5000/1000000 daily = .005% OF AVERAGE TOTAL DAILY VOLUME
edit on 26-7-2011 by Dance4Life because: (no reason given)

I don't think anyone is concerned about the number of trades being made... it's the cost of 1 billion USD bet against the US that is interesting....

No, you and others dont quite understand. But I can see this because you don't know any better plus the article is lying to you.

First of all it is not a 1 Billion dollar bet. Not even close. It is 25,000,000 for the initial margin requirement. Which, take my word, is not a lot of money in this industry. Much more than I will personally ever accumulate, but not a lot when we look at this market.

Next, the 5000 contracts being laid are so not newsworthy it is ridiculous. Like I said .005% of total daily volume.

Btw, how do you know this trade isn't hedged in another market? Such as going long dollar? Or what about synthetic options such as selling puts and buying futures?

See, the thing is that this trade is so dumb and out of context it is hard to even comment on it. It really is no big deal at all. The market isn't ran by small timers like me, it is ran by the millions of people that have this kind of cash to throw around.

Must have been a slow news day or something - because they REALLY went out of their way to sensationalize this.

show me the proof please. I want you to be correct.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by theyrout2getus

Here's an idea... Why doesn't the government/ treasury make the same investment on a really large scale. Then our government could default and make enough to repay the debt plus!!! Then they would have to make our credit rating AAAAA+ roflmfao!

That's not a bad idea. After all, they play with our Social Security money instead of keeping it where it belongs.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by theyrout2getus

And one last piece against disinformation: by holding 5,000 contracts the guy "spent" initially the equivalent of $8.7 MM in margin (www.cmegroup.com...=CBT&a=INTEREST+RATES&p=21). He probably didn't spend anything since CME accepts government bonds as margin.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
News flash, if you use common sense and think about how many billionaires there are.. it is really not that much money.

Ask yourself. "How many billionaires are there?" then ask yourself "How many billionaires are making trades like these?"

Common sense is wonderful if used.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
ALL THIS AND THE BONDS ARE NOT MOVING. LOL

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pulsescan72

i'm glad they are not moving, maybe he wasted his money.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricWizard
News flash, if you use common sense and think about how many billionaires there are.. it is really not that much money.

Ask yourself. "How many billionaires are there?" then ask yourself "How many billionaires are making trades like these?"

Common sense is wonderful if used.

Are there any other billionairs doing this?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

NO. BUT PERHAPS A FEW HEDGE FUNDS OR CTA'S. BUT MOST LIKELY NOT. BONDS ARE A HUGE MARKET WITH THE FED BEING THE BIGGEST FISH IN THE POND BACKSTOPPING THE MARKET.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I find it interesting that we have a couple of lurkers that suddenly came out of the woodwork and are preaching the "...don't worry be happy..." mantra.

These guys might be real. If so, welcome! Or, they can be yet another couple of personalities created by someone with an agenda tainted towards the it's ok to default scenario.

Personally, my opinion is that if an American, or, and American Corp. bets "against" the US of A, it should be tantamount to treason. But, that's just my opinion. Whether it makes sense in the financial world or not, especially at this venture, not something that any American should have to witness.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ctdannyd
I find it interesting that we have a couple of lurkers that suddenly came out of the woodwork and are preaching the "...don't worry be happy..." mantra.

These guys might be real. If so, welcome! Or, they can be yet another couple of personalities created by someone with an agenda tainted towards the it's ok to default scenario.

Personally, my opinion is that if an American, or, and American Corp. bets "against" the US of A, it should be tantamount to treason. But, that's just my opinion. Whether it makes sense in the financial world or not, especially at this venture, not something that any American should have to witness.

The markets are made up of buyers and sellers. short selling (if done legally) is a legitimate trading strategy. markets ebb and flow. when it comes to trading futures and forex its a zero sum game. for every winner there is a loser.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimrat201

so basically, aug 2nd, we either lose the AAA credit or we keep it. if we lose it

It's already too late, most economists are saying we're going to get downgraded no matter what at this point. The reason is that the paralysis in Washington over this bodes poorly for the economic future of our country. If they had responded quickly with a resolution then we'd be OK, but the world is watching as the two parties argue and bicker with each other and among themselves. It looks quite likely that regardless of what happens by 08-02, our credit rating is going to get reduced.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
so this is preliminary evidence of insider trading. someone with knowledge of how the game will end bet 1 billion that we will either lose our AAA credit rating, default, or both.

i wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be linked with someone in congress, since they are immune to insider trading laws.

this has nothing to do with insider trading, it is the prudent thing to do right now. if the usa defaults and you had a bid on it, you would clean up in the cash. im guessing someone like warren buffet or goldman sacs doing this. personaly id do this too if i had the mone lien around!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Why worry about debt, when you spent all your money on a way to defend yourself in the first place.
Turn your back and say "Hey, have you seen our fighter jets?"

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
We're going to hear a lot of gloom and doom from the Right until President Obama is out of office. They NEED the Economy to be weak in order to win the election, that's the only way and their only defense. You won't see any Republican trying to help the recovery once so ever, that's for damn sure.

I agree with Obama on budget cuts, but not so much on making the rich pay more or "giving a little." If anything, I'm for a flat tax here in the United States.

Everyone should pay the same, as long it's affordable.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join