It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham footage: £2,000,000 (3.2 million dollars)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Even if it is real, this guy is a complete moron. What I would do, which seems the better route, is copyright the film, selectively sell rights to the footage, and prosecute anyone who breaks the copyright laws...I think he could make a lot more than what he is asking.

I am not a lawyer, but here is what I think: he says it is definitely not Chinese lanterns, so if it turned out to be such, one could file a Paypal dispute and should be able to get their money back. Plus, a Chinese lantern probably wouldn't move like is described in the description. He says it is a UFO, which is a relatively broad category of objects, and what is unknown to him may be known to someone else.

Does this mean that if the buyer knows what the object is, then the buyer can file a dispute and get their money back, since it could be said that the object is not in fact unidentified? I didn't see him come out and directly say that this is an alien spacecraft, but I don't think that is a big problem...

The reason I wouldn't say this is an alien spacecraft if I were selling the film would be because I couldn't be positive it contained alien beings, or was other-worldly. Maybe it was a government experiment, in which case the UFO's still could not be identified indisputably. This is a tough call, and I can see both sides relatively clearly, and it is difficult to determine which is correct.

The seller does sound sincere. However, I don't think that the seller has given himself enough outs if this is in fact not unexplainable, and is some terrestrial object. It may take suing him to get your money back, rather than a dispute with Paypal, but I think for that much money Paypal will pay extra-special attention to the case. I have filed Paypal disputes in the past, and have always won, so they seem pretty fair, but those may have been isolated experiences.

So on the one hand I wonder why the seller says one can definitely see what the objects are, and also says they are definitely not Chinese lanterns, but doesn't say they are alien spacecraft...But on the other hand I don't know why it was worded so strangely, and even included the phrase Chinese lanterns...that is weird in my opinion.

It seems to me that this is similar to shooting footage of an airplane, and not coming out and saying it's an airplane, but saying that it definitely isn't a helicopter, lol...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
he can say what they arent all he wants because if they arent they arent but....it doesnt mean its a vehicle from another planet. thats disingenuous but what can you say if you buy it and its not alien? there didnt seem to be any claim it was really extraterrestrial. youll have to really read the wording

edit: i just actually read the post above me and its pretty much what i said lol sorry
edit on 7/26/2011 by homeskillet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Unless they produce stills OR a sample clip then they are P**sing in the wind..
Nobody buys anything like that on faith alone..

Look at the guy who filmed the supposed alien outside his window..
Loads of press coverage but because he wouldn't let anyone analyze it properly he ends up with nothing but a vid on his computer.

Get their 15mins of fame, because that's all they'll get..

Greedy fools..

edit on 26/7/2011 by UKWO1Phot because: spelling

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Enough with the hostility guys & gals.
There is at least a 50:50 chance that the owner/seller is the real deal.
Not doing ourselves any favours by collectively shooting ourselves in both feet by being unnecessarily agressive until more is known, particularly if the owner/seller is reading this thread.
What we need is more info, preferably a still from the film to put things into context, as to what it is we are dealing with.
There is a saying in Ireland that you don't buy a pig in a poke(bag).
If the owner/seller can dangle a more substansive carrot without comprimising the value of what they have, then we should give them the chance.
So back off a bit guys with the customary negativity to see where this goes.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Don't be silly. The only hostility here has come from yourself - and towards other members here. See your reply at the bottom of page 2

The rest of us have stayed on-topic and we're quite entitled to our opinions, especially when the only way we're apparently ever going to see the footage is by paying 2 million.

They were given the chance. OP asked for stills, and they refused. So there is nothing more to do or say, other than to laugh at their attempt to get rich quick.
edit on 26-7-2011 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
RendleSHAM is just that- a complete and utter sham! How many times do the government have to use the UFO subject as a cover up for their testing of top secret aircraft or material before the general public wake up and realise they are being taken for a ride? The poor airmen and security involved in this incident are not witnesses, they are victims. They are being used and should wake up realise whats going on instead of appearing on the lunatic UFO fraternity's podiums talking science fiction nonsense.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LemmyKautionu
RendleSHAM is just that- a complete and utter sham! How many times do the government have to use the UFO subject as a cover up for their testing of top secret aircraft or material before the general public wake up and realise they are being taken for a ride? The poor airmen and security involved in this incident are not witnesses, they are victims. They are being used and should wake up realise whats going on instead of appearing on the lunatic UFO fraternity's podiums talking science fiction nonsense.

The video is most certainly a sham but can you tell me why you think Rendlesham was top secret aircraft?

I'm talking the original incident here btw.
edit on 26-7-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: Military Police

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I just think the top secret testing being under taken by the NSA near Orford ness of the over the horizon radar testing has been over looked and under estimated. If that test was throwing out strong electro magnetic fields, which we all know causes hallucinations and paranormal like events, then those poor airmen should deserve our sympathy not our ridicule. I think we should be looking more closely at project Cobra Mist rather than visitation by alien beings.
Just my opinion and I'm willing to be proved wrong but theres nothing in the witness testimony that I don't think couldn't be explained by them being unwillingly enveloped by strong pulsating electro magnetic fields.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I just think the top secret testing being under taken by the NSA near Orford ness of the over the horizon radar testing has been over looked and under estimated. If that test was throwing out strong electro magnetic fields, which we all know causes hallucinations and paranormal like events, then those poor airmen should deserve our sympathy not our ridicule. I think we should be looking more closely at project Cobra Mist rather than visitation by alien beings.
Just my opinion and I'm willing to be proved wrong but theres nothing in the witness testimony that I don't think couldn't be explained by them being unwillingly enveloped by strong pulsating electro magnetic fields.

So you think these magnetic fields happened over a few days in 1980 causing quite a number of military personnel to see and touch an unknown metallic craft, which evidently left marks on the ground, not to mention radiation, and then also for different personnel to witness another craft, this time seeing the occupants of unknown craft?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

As was proved on TV in the Strange But true debate the radiation at the site has been over blown. This something that Stanton Friedman, Nick Pope and Timothy Goode all agreed on. The cumulation of pine needles is responsible for the up to ten percent increase in radiation readings. And yes, the strong electro magnetic fields created by Cobra Mist could account for the testimony given by the airmen in the woods on those nights. My theory only applies of course if it could be proven that the over the horizon radar was being tested on the nights in question and thats something neither of us can prove one way or the other. I just think we always look to the heavens for answers to these type of mysteries instead of looking over our shoulder at whats going on just behind us... Can I just say, I'm not accusing any of the airmen or witnesses of fabricating their testimony, its just very hard to seperate fact from fantasy when you brain is being scrambled by strong electro magnetic fields.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
To the videophiles out there, has anyone any detail on the model of Sony camcorder originaly included with the footage. For example does it contain an aux in to record a DV feed from an editiing suite, or can it only record what it gets through the lens? Having the original recording in native AVCHD or whatever format Sony uses, seems to give credance to the authenticity of the sellers claims. I am on 2G mobile broadband here so perhaps someone could check this out.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

As was proved on TV in the Strange But true debate the radiation at the site has been over blown. This something that Stanton Friedman, Nick Pope and Timothy Goode all agreed on. The cumulation of pine needles is responsible for the up to ten percent increase in radiation readings. And yes, the strong electro magnetic fields created by Cobra Mist could account for the testimony given by the airmen in the woods on those nights. My theory only applies of course if it could be proven that the over the horizon radar was being tested on the nights in question and thats something neither of us can prove one way or the other. I just think we always look to the heavens for answers to these type of mysteries instead of looking over our shoulder at whats going on just behind us... Can I just say, I'm not accusing any of the airmen or witnesses of fabricating their testimony, its just very hard to seperate fact from fantasy when you brain is being scrambled by strong electro magnetic fields.

Fair point, but the electro magnetic fields couldn't account for them all testifying to seeing the same things, anyways, I apologize for sidetracking the original thread.

Originally posted by Donegal_TDI
To the videophiles out there, has anyone any detail on the model of Sony camcorder originaly included with the footage. For example does it contain an aux in to record a DV feed from an editiing suite, or can it only record what it gets through the lens? Having the original recording in native AVCHD or whatever format Sony uses, seems to give credance to the authenticity of the sellers claims. I am on 2G mobile broadband here so perhaps someone could check this out.

Who knows mate but the whole thing is dumb, if the footage is that good then let them sell to The Sun newspaper or something.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

"Fair point, but the electro magnetic fields couldn't account for them all testifying to seeing the same things," quote.

You certainly seem to have studied the Rendlesham event but I think the fact they were enveloped in strong magnetic fields could account for them telling the same story. I've always found the testimony given by Burrows and Peniston very interesting. The three airmen strung themselves out so they could relay radio conversations back to their base. Burrows original testimony said he had Peniston constantly in sight yet he claimed not to have seen the triangular craft that Peniston wandered around and observed close up. To me this says they were both having their own inner experiences. Burrows changed his testimony many times over the years which you would expect if it had been created by his own subconscious mind bombarded with magnetic fields.
The witnesses also talk about being injected with drugs to supress them talking about their experiences... What if this was to create fake memories!? Like I said, the UFO subject is constantly being used by the government to cover up top secret testing of ground breaking equipment. Its not a perfect theory by any means but to me, at least, it makes more sense than alien beings making the mistake of landing between two military bases. However, I too apologise sincerly for taking this thread slightly off topic but I think it was worth mentioning.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazmeister

I most certainly am not!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Been thinking about this footage and if it's as good as the guy says it is (2 million quids worth) and his description is accurate then I have to concede that it would be pretty spectacular footage, so fair dues for the price tag. Would be nice if a media corp bought it and released it as opposed to it being bought by the government and locked away.

However, as far as my beliefs go, it doesn't change anything for me, I believe in UFOs and furthermore that they ain't from around these here parts, including the U.S.A., would be nice to see a close up of an orb but I won't hold my breath about it happening.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

did you miss the quote where he claims that :

I managed to film for 2 and a half minutes and even at one point zooming in on one of the objects amazingly revealing what the objects were!!!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Not many are aware that there's still a lot of unexplained activity around Rendlesham according to some of the folk who live around there. Large bands of people still gather for skywatches and have done for years. In fact someone sent me a disc full of photos of one of these groups a few years back. Some interesting stuff but most interesting to me was, seeing in this group, a bloke who I thought was the absolute spitting image of paranormal skeptic Chris French. Now what was he doing there? Or does he have a twin?

Still trying to get my head round this £2m for footage though. Nice way to earn a buck if that's the price a good UFO vid could fetch. There's gold in them thar skies!

I think I know what's in this film. I'm guessing when he zoomed in on one of those balls he caught an entity. There was a similar sighting near me in 1996. Balls of light all over the sky turned out to be hundreds of little greys floating in bubbles or pods of light.
edit on 27-7-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I can't find it on eBay has it been taken off or am I just being thick? I just interested to see it on eBay!
Sally
Xxx

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Willowen4ever

You'd have to search on ebay uk, in the completed listings type in - Rendlesham film of 4 orange lights UFOs-

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
reply to post by Willowen4ever

You'd have to search on ebay uk, in the completed listings type in - Rendlesham film of 4 orange lights UFOs-

Or you can still simply click on the link I provided in the Opening Post in this thread but you now have to SCROLL DOWN to the listing which is still on that page:

"Rendlesham film of 4 orange lights UFOs".

All the best,

Isaac

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join