It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Rendlesham footage: £2,000,000 (3.2 million dollars)

page: 5
12
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
This is NOT one of the more modern camcorders with high res, but an older Hi8 analogue video format,
so the pixel count of the CCD used to form the image before taping is low compard to modern devices.

See spec on page 65 here....
Sony TR 818

While quality of recording could be fairly good,
limitations in resolution could pose issues for image analysis,
unless subject matter is outstandingly clear.

Some other info....

The TR818 has an MSRP of $299.00. It comes with a 20X optical zoom, and a 460X digital zoom. It boasts 320,000 (200K-effective) gross pixels from the ¼” CCD, yielding up to 400 lines of horizontal resolution.

Digital zoom is a no-no as regards quality so the 460x number above should be effectively ignored,
because one would be magnifying an already limited pixel count,
the 20x optical zoom is fairly good,
in that the image can be magnified while filming without much loss in quality,
maybe just a little 2D distortion on full zoom, or full wide angle.

On the plus side, it does not appear to have video-in ports,
so what is recorded on tape would have to have come through the lens,
and as the recording format is analogue,
this would all but elliminate any sort of cgi/post processing/tampering of imagery.

If they filmed the footage from a TV/Computer/cinema screen,
it would be VERY obvious to an analyst.
edit on 27/7/11 by Donegal_TDI because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/7/11 by Donegal_TDI because: addition




posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Just been on ebay for a check up following my earlier posts -

Got this message

This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.

Wondered what happened there then? Was it ever actually available?!"



posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gregandgemma
Was it ever actually available?!


As I mentioned above:

(1) the sale description can still be seen if you go to the link I gave in the OP (i.e. "Rendlesham film of 4 orange lights UFOs") and SCROLL DOWN, but

(2) The seller has removed the item since, having read the messages on this thread, felt that the

As for whether any footage does actually exists (and whether any footage shows anything more than Chinese Lanterns), who knows?

All the best,

Isaac



posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I have received another message from the seller, which I have been asked NOT to post. (The earlier messages were posted above, with the seller's permission).

The latest message from the seller has, however, asked me to pass on the following from her friend, the owner of the footage:

(1) The (purported) date of the (purported) footage : Saturday September 26 2009 at 10.30pm

(2) the Ebay item number of the sale (although this is in fact clear from the link I gave in the OP) : 250861464406

All the best,

Isaac



posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Donegal_TDI
 


hi - from your link - please look at pg 10 - accessory # 3 " A/V cable

that allows 2 way communication with another recorder - or computer equiped with a sutible video card

so - the camcorder COULD inject footage from a computer i/o card or external tape deck onto the tape in the camcorder

alternatly - hi8 external decks were widley availiable - and one COULD bave been used [ see next point ]

as you correctly note - the hi8 format is not digital

and with cameras of this type and age - its far easier to detect features and functions that are alien to the camera / format [ and demonstrate fakery ] - than to prove that the tape could only have been recorded on this camera

to prove that - you would need a very detailed forensic examination of the head alignment and tape - to show that imperfections in the heads and rollers produced corresponding inperfections on the tape

a proccess that is costly and requires proffessional analysis

bottom line - i still stand by everything i have written in this thread - they [ seller / alledged cameraman ] sound like a pack of mongs


and I managed to film for 2 and a half minutes and even at one point zooming in on one of the objects amazingly revealing what the objects were!!!!!


is where the hoax falls apart IMHO



posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi
 


Isaac, September 26th 2009 was a busy night for UFO sightings, especially orange one's.

Teddington London

The Ebay vendor states


UFO spotted over Suffolk golf course Saturday, September 26, 2009


Here's a link to Golf Club Guy's story in the Evening Star which is dated


Saturday, September 26, 2009 1:00 PM


He is reporting an incident that happened the Saturday before


latest incident, which happened between 9.15pm and 9.30pm last Saturday,


It looks like there are 2 seperate sightings of these orange lights, each happening 1 Saturday apart.



posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by Donegal_TDI
 


hi - from your link - please look at pg 10 - accessory # 3 " A/V cable

that allows 2 way communication with another recorder - or computer equiped with a sutible video card

so - the camcorder COULD inject footage from a computer i/o card or external tape deck onto the tape in the camcorder

alternatly - hi8 external decks were widley availiable - and one COULD bave been used [ see next point ]

as you correctly note - the hi8 format is not digital

and with cameras of this type and age - its far easier to detect features and functions that are alien to the camera / format [ and demonstrate fakery ] - than to prove that the tape could only have been recorded on this camera

to prove that - you would need a very detailed forensic examination of the head alignment and tape - to show that imperfections in the heads and rollers produced corresponding inperfections on the tape

a proccess that is costly and requires proffessional analysis

bottom line - i still stand by everything i have written in this thread - they [ seller / alledged cameraman ] sound like a pack of mongs


and I managed to film for 2 and a half minutes and even at one point zooming in on one of the objects amazingly revealing what the objects were!!!!!


is where the hoax falls apart IMHO


Thanks for the corrections.
I did know though about the forensic tests on head allignment

It may well be bunk but I don't have enough info to make that call.

I would so like to see once and for all "stunning" footage as I posted earlier,
but it will only be a matter of time before something concrete surfaces,
given the popularity of now good quality recording devices that are widespread among the populace.
And the freedom that people have to stick up footage on websites and Youtube;
we may have to be quick though in downloading a copy,
before it is censored.



posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gutman
Isaac, September 26th 2009 was a busy night for UFO sightings, especially orange one's.


Well:

(1) 26th September 2009 was a Saturday

(2) Saturdays are a popular day for weddings, wedding receptions and other parties

(3) Chinese Lanterns have become an increasingly popular item at wedding receptions and other parties

(4) 10.30pm is a fairly good time to let off Chinese Lanterns at a wedding reception or other party

(5) The description given in the Ebay listing is close to a classic witness report of Chinese Lanterns.

(6) The statement in the Ebay listing that the witness at one point zoomed in "on one of the objects amazingly revealing what the objects were!!!!!" is intriguing, but it is not uncommon for footage of lights in the night sky to feature shapes (particularly diamonds) as a result of technical issues. For example, Phage has previously posted the video below in another thread:



A witness can, with complete sincerity, consider that they have filmed something significant when in fact someone experienced with looking into such events and such footage can look at it and, well, find it a bit boring since it has all been seen before and pretty clearly shows Chinese Lanterns.

All the best,

Isaac


edit on 27-7-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
“Also pictured is a sign post to confirm our actual location which will be given to the buyer.”

Does this mean the photo of the signpost or were they actually going to uproot the sign and include it in the sale?

The location of the signpost is here on Google Earth

52° 6'16.45"N 1°24'0.85"E

Go into Street View mode and it can clearly be seen.

A few yards further on down the B1084 (heading towards Woodbridge) is, I believe, the location of the alleged sighting,

52° 6'17.59"N 1°23'52.81"E

Again, Street View shows the similar trees and hedges that fairly well match the images in the EBay listing save for the seasonal change.

One mile beyond the tree line is Gralyns Caravan Park - (52° 6'41.29"N 1°22'40.48"E) which may have been the location of a Chinese Lantern release.



posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Out of interest how much would it be worth if you was to see not a UFO (unidentified) but actually had footage that was an alien craft?



posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I wonder if the seller would be willing to let a potential buyer into their home for a viewing first?



posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I wonder if the seller would be willing to let a potential buyer into their home for a viewing first?


The seller stated:


"Hi it was taken off as the wording was missunderstood as it implied to some people they were chinese laterns. However, in the meantime someone has made the seller a substantial offer. But what are you willing to offer? the film can be viewed first to prove before buying to show its 100% genuine, someone is traveling to us on friday to view the film. I have viewed this film myself so I would not allow anything to give me a bad feedback, and I can confirm the objects can not be from this planet, as you can see for yourself if you ever watch the film.

Kind regards
1957newlife"

No response to my latest message however.



posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LunaStarr
 




Originally posted by LunaStarr
I live near these people.


Hi LunaStarr,

Just in case you missed it, I thought I'd mention here that I sent you a U2U this morning since my (relatively protracted) exchanges with the seller reached the point that seller was willing to show the film to someone from ATS that can then give some information to me and ATS.

I'd be grateful if you could let me know if you are interested in this task.

If not, I'll consider other avenues. If other members live in the area, perhaps they could let me know?

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 27-7-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The real interesting point of this thread, is how can it have possibly went on for over 5 pages? Seriously? We keep shooting ourselves in the foot, it seems to be the only thing that both the ignorant believers and those evil debunkers are good at.



posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
The real interesting point of this thread, is how can it have possibly went on for over 5 pages? Seriously? We keep shooting ourselves in the foot, it seems to be the only thing that both the ignorant believers and those evil debunkers are good at.


I for one would like to know what is on the tape, just for info purposes.
your post is irrelevent, don't need it.

How can you debunk the video or prove its authenticity without viewing it?

Deny your own ignorance



posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi
 


Hey Isaac, can I ask, do you know why the owner of the footage has sat on it for almost 2 years?

edit on 27-7-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Hey Isaac, can I ask, do you know why the owner of the footage has sat on it for almost 2 years?


That's a question that has occured to me and others (including Jenny Randles, who posted it on the Ufologyinuk email discussion list run by Joe Mcgonagle).

I haven't raised that question with the seller or, through her, her friend that owns the video. I've avoided putting questions that may imply I think the witness is dishonest. Some witnesses can be a bit touchy about any hint that their honesty is being doubted - which may or may not be the reaction of the owner in the present case. (While I would not rule out a complete fabrication, my own provisional view from the outset has been, and remains, that the owner is probably sincere but is also probably mistaken as to the video showing anything more interesting than Chinese Lanterns). The owner is following this thread so may want to comment on the time issue.

I think the priority is getting someone to watch the video and, ideally, obtaining permission to post samples/stills from it.

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 27-7-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Sounds like the plot from the film Alien autopsy............which coincidentally is being shown in the UK tonight


As a keen ebayer, I think the seller has been very cute here, he has deliberately stated that when the video is viewed you will see exactly what these objects are ,so when viewed if the objects turn out to be aircraft landing lights or the such, he hasn't breeched ebays selling rules.

In my opinion a definite hoax that just requires a gullible multi-millionaire ebayer!



posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Originally posted by Gregandgemma
Was it ever actually available?!


As I mentioned above:

(1) the sale description can still be seen if you go to the link I gave in the OP (i.e. "Rendlesham film of 4 orange lights UFOs") and SCROLL DOWN, but

(2) The seller has removed the item since, having read the messages on this thread, felt that the

As for whether any footage does actually exists (and whether any footage shows anything more than Chinese Lanterns), who knows?

All the best,

Isaac


As for whether any footage does actually exists (and whether any footage shows anything more than Chinese Lanterns), who knows? - That was what I was getting at.



posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
he has deliberately stated that when the video is viewed you will see exactly what these objects are ,so when viewed if the objects turn out to be aircraft landing lights or the such,


Just to add to that - they told my across the road neighbour (via ebay) that the tape - "answers the question of what they are! and that everyone has been looking for, this film will prove we are not alone"

That sounds like a good tape, to me anyway. It might prove we're not alone (I know that anyway), but I can't for the life of me imagine we could know WHAT they are just by viewing them on tape. That's why i'm intrigued. I just hope whoever buys it will show it off as soon as poss.



new topics

top topics



 
12
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join