It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham footage: £2,000,000 (3.2 million dollars)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
The real interesting point of this thread, is how can it have possibly went on for over 5 pages? Seriously? We keep shooting ourselves in the foot, it seems to be the only thing that both the ignorant believers and those evil debunkers are good at.

The only person I read about ' believing' this story is the owner of the video and the tape! Seems everyone else has valid questions and valid doubts and right now, there isnt even anything for the debunkers to debunk!
So any shooting of any feet seems to be coming from your quarter Mainlinethis...and you appear to enjoy jumping that there gun also.
Sheesh already!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
that seems like kind of alot of money for someones footage that could be doctored or completely irrelevant to the UFO world. Such as chinese lanterns or airplanes. Unless i were to see a sample clip or something of the sort i wouldnt enterain the thought of spending money on something that might be completely bogus.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Either he took the sale down or someone purchased it! Not sure because I never use Ebay.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I've received another message from the seller, correcting the date I was previously given for the (purported) footage.

While, as mentioned above, I was told the sighting was on 26 September 2009, I'm now told that "it was the same saturaday the man in Melton noticed them" (i.e. 19 September 2009 - see the link that Gutman helpfully posted above to that chap's story in the Evening Star).

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

hi - the sealler cancelled the sale

if it had been sold - it would show ` sold ` - buyers identity protected

if ebay had canncelled the sale - they delete the listing

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
It was removed, I think it must have been a scam.

Or..."they" went to the seller and forced him to remove it

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
So anybody know what has happened with this miraculous footage?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

You are presuming that it existed in the first place? The seller could have dispelled any suspicion by simply putting a chilling 5 minute clip, like Hollydumb does, to a.) allow the authenticity be challenged and prove he had something no one else did and b.) sell his product.

I go with scam and big, big ban hammer from EBay...

ETA: Checked on EBay and he is still an active trader (1957newlife) as of 16 Aug 2011... so no ban hammer. Still has 100% positive trading status as well. I found this LINK, (a Yahoo Groups conversation from our own IsaacKoi 26JUL2011) regarding the validity of the sale. Seems to have died shortly thereafter still for reasons unknown....This also appears to NOT be a sale of the 1980's incident but of one much newer, although I cant find a date of the filming to confirm that. This is very suspect as well...

For anyone else wondering, the seller will not provide a sample of the footage : "Please note: This film has never been uploaded to any computer, and will never be, so please dont ask "can you send me some of the film, or stills from the film"...

SOURCE

I wonder if there has been a copyright placed against anything like this in the UK?

edit on 16-8-2011 by Lost_Mind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Mind
I cant find a date of the filming

No date of filming was included by the seller in her listing.

However, I had some contact with her (and, through her, the person that purportedly filmed the footage). As a result, regarding the date issue, I posted earlier on this page:

While, as mentioned above, I was told the sighting was on 26 September 2009, I'm now told that "it was the same saturaday the man in Melton noticed them" (i.e. 19 September 2009 - see the link that Gutman helpfully posted above to that chap's story in the Evening Star).

Regarding your view that whole thing was a hoax, I certainly can't rule that out.

As I've posted above, my own view is that the seller (who has very good feedback on Ebay) is probably telling the truth about her friend having footage of something - but they are simply mistaken in thinking that the footage is very significant (and in fact probably just shows Chinese Lanterns).

One pretty significant strike about the complete hoax theory is that the seller did offer to let someone in the area watch the video, but no-one on ATS seemed particularly interested in doing that. (I do not live in the area, nor do I think that the video warrants any significant effort since I think it probably is just yet more footage of Chinese Lanterns).

All the best,

Isaac

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join