It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham footage: £2,000,000 (3.2 million dollars)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Someone on Ebay is (apparently seriously) asking for £2 million for "Rendlesham film of 4 orange lights UFOs".

I had hoped for that price it would at least be footage of the classic Rendlesham case from December 1980, but no such luck.

Instead, you could become the proud (?) owner of footage which, from the description, is quite possibly simply of more Chinese Lanterns (although the description does say "Definitely NOT Chinese lanterns!" and the use of capital letters may prove what is said there...).

One Saturday evening while visiting the Rendlesham forest play area with our children we decided to leave and go home, we were less than a mile from the turning that leads to the east gate of the Woodbridge base driving down the main rd to woodbridge when we noticed 4 bright orange lights while driving ahead of us. The orange lights where hovering above an oak tree around fifty feet in front of us. As we began to slow down to stop we noticed a car behind us, we thought they might be stopping too, but he quickly overtook us, he must have seen the orange lights blinding him in front of us but they took no notice and drove on.

The time was 10.30 pm, as we had been to the Rendlesham play area with the children, luckily I had my Sony video camera with us, I quickly stopped the car and wound down the window and began to film this amazing sight. My wife was right beside me watching with her own eyes as I filmed, some of our children also watched in amazement the bright lights above the tree, the camera was having trouble focusing as the lights brightness was so intense I remembered the camera had a low light function (infra-red) so being so close (50 feet from the tree) I quickly switched over to this mode allowing me to focus in on the objects, I managed to film for 2 and a half minutes and even at one point zooming in on one of the objects amazingly revealing what the objects were!!!!! Definitely NOT Chinese lanterns!

While this was going on my wife remembers that some of the bright orange lights were fading in and out and flashing to each other, and changing positions, clearly showing an intelegant communication between each other. I myself witnessed all of this even more so, as I didn't have the brightness of the lights as I was viewing through the camera at the time, as with infra-red, this allowed me to see in to the bright objects. At the last moment, 3 of the 4 objects faded out and disappeared leaving the last object I had just filmed remaining, the object quickly dropped down into a field behind the tree, and began to travel across the field, in an instant we reversed the car up to a turning into a side road which allowed us to travel parallel to the field the object was hoovering in, the object suddenly sped across the field rising into the air and with a blink of an eye it disappeared. leaving us in shock We could not believe what we just witnessed with our own eyes

For anyone else wondering, the seller will not provide a sample of the footage : "Please note: This film has never been uploaded to any computer, and will never be, so please dont ask "can you send me some of the film, or stills from the film"...

On the up side, the seller will include the video camera along with the footage.

So, should we pass the hat around and try to raise the asking price?

Alternatively, footage of Chinese Lanterns can be seen posted online on UFO websites more or less on a daily basis or at the links below:

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 26-7-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Don't tell me, they have only just joined ebay and have zero feedback? lol

For that reason only....I wont entertain a bid

Seriously.....who is going to pay that kind of money? In todays world, you have to be from another planet to think you will get that kind of money.

Next!!!!!!!
edit on 26-7-2011 by Gregandgemma because: Laughing so hard i miss typed

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gregandgemma
Don't tell me, they have only just joined ebay and have zero feedback? lol

No. I found it a bit surprising, but I noticed the seller was quite well established on Ebay and actually has excellent feedback - hence my considering that he actually is serious.

"1957newlife" has 634 feedbacks, 100% positive.

His profile and feedback page is HERE

He also includes an invitation in the sale description for the Rendlesham footage to email him or call a home number that he gives.

So, are you going to reconsider this potential purchase?

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Hmmmm let me think.....er no!

£2m for a 2.5 minutes clip of some unknown lights for something I cant see before I buy.

Wonder if he has an 'or best offer' button. Fiver anyone?

Seriously. People are too quick to try and make money on something that will instantly be branded a fake, then dissected on sites like this. Get people a still at the very least. And drop your price and stick it on a reputable website for review cough cough ATS.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gregandgemma
Wonder if he has an 'or best offer' button.

Yes, he does - and I was just thinking about making an offer.

A spare video camera would be worth paying a few quid.

Get people a still at the very least

But a still might put people off purchasing...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Even if you spend 5 years establishing a good eBay profile.....selling your reputation for 2million is still a $400k/year return on your work.....

You really never know though - one of the members from the band Blink 182, Tom DeLonge, is a huge UFO buff and could easily fork out the cash for this - There are likely other rich celebrities who would consider paying for this kind of footage.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
taking all this at face value - you get a video camera - that i would value at about 100 quid , a tape containing footage that is not a chinese lantern

the tape is clearly a hoax - as demonstrated by the sellers own description

[1]

Rendlesham film of 4 orange lights UFOs..........................(These were no Chinese lanterns, as many people believe)

if they really wre unidentified - how do you know they are not chinese lanterns ?

but it gets worse

[2]

I managed to film for 2 and a half minutes and even at one point zooming in on one of the objects amazingly revealing what the objects were!!!!! ......................Definitely NOT Chinese lanterns!

the critical bit bolded for effect

so its not actually UFO footage - but an alledgedly identifiable phenonemon

but not chinese lanterns

wow that leaves a lot of other possibilities - few of which are worth £2million

if it was worth 2 million - they would say - its an alien space ship

and have done with it

my final question is - are the sellers really such delusional muppets , or psychology students conducting an experiment ?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Gregandgemma

been there - done that ......................rejected

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
been there - done that

I was wondering who made an offer...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

...at one point zooming in on one of the objects amazingly revealing what the objects were!!!!! Definitely NOT Chinese lanterns!

As a man of the Law, Isaac, would you say these half-dozen words delicately skirt future recriminations of false advertising? This phrase alone is glib enough to kill any interest.

Now, if they had Jim and Linda, in a back room, discussing what to pull from the notebook...I'd pay £10 for that.

ETA: Ape said a similar thing! Must read thread prior to pressing 'post.'
edit on 26-7-2011 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
It's a HOAX!!!
Look at the camera, that's not a 1980 video camera.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
It's a HOAX!!!
Look at the camera, that's not a 1980 video camera.

But this isn't said to be footage of the 1980 event...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

They declined my offer also.

Waiting for a reply as I included a note.

£2m is a lot of money for a punt, even those with £100 in the bank, its still 2% of your wealth based on a faceless eBayers say so.

...and no, I don't have £100m in the bank. It's all tied up in BP shares.

Thinking about it, you can pay by PayPal and have the money held until you have received and are satisfied with the purchase...maybe not so much of a gamble if you have enough time to give the video proper analysis.

I have £20 I'm willing to chip in.

edit on 26-7-2011 by dsm1664 because: paypal thought

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dsm1664
Waiting for a reply as I included a note.

I've had an acknowledgment from the seller of some questions I sent and hopefully I will get a fuller response soon.

I included a request for permission to post the responses online, so I'll post them when they are received if the okay is given.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Interesting.

Do you feel they clarify or give weight to the listing?

What does your gut say?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
In all seriousness who knows if this person is telling the truth or not? He could have the holy grail of Ufology in his hands but I doubt we will never really know what, exactly, his video contains. Not every UFO is a Chinese lantern(s) so lets not try and be so ignorant. However, I would imagine the government have seen this already and may be interested enough to pay the guy a little visit to see if he really has 'evidence'.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Do you feel they clarify or give weight to the listing?

At the moment I've only had an initial response (and, anyway, I have not yet had a response to the part of my email that sought permission to post any response online).

What does your gut say?

At the moment, I think the seller is serious but the description suggests the video shows Chinese Lanterns. Many people in Britain in the last few years have reported recording "UFOs" when their footage fairly clearly shows Chinese Lanterns, although it is not uncommon for some witnessses to be reluctant to accept that conclusion.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

This film is currently kept at a secure place and will need authorisation to be removed from its location.

Taken from his ebay listing.

So he/they may have anticipated this...if this really is a smoking gun.

So three possibilities:

1) Total ignorance - Must have missed all the lantern clips on the interweb / failed to do any research
2) Scam - Selling his eBay soul
3) He actually has the smoking gun, of all smoking guns.

1 or 3, as PayPal could withhold the payment.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Maybe he does have something?

It's not worth £2m though.

There are quite a few UFO vids that are interesting and all are available for free....

Unless this guy has crystal clear images of an amazing spacecraft, a tractor beam pulling up cattle.... or little grey men walking down from the spacecraft..... then this is a waste of money.

At best It'll be blurry, pixelated lights..... at worst, It'll be Chinese Lanterns.

If it was £1000.... it may be worth getting a thousand members to chip in a quid each

This guy is deluded.

Will be interesting to see what he says in response to the questions about the footage.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

:1) Total ignorance - Must have missed all the lantern clips on the interweb / failed to do any research
2) Scam - Selling his eBay soul
3) He actually has the smoking gun, of all smoking guns.

Well interesting he says he HAS done research and this is why his price is so hight, he truly believes he has some serious proof.

I believe this film is priceless as it is an incredible piece of evidence not only because it was filmed at Rendlesham forest Britain biggest UFO encounter ever, but because of the close proximity on which the objects were filmed (50ft away) and clearly reveals what they are and simply answers the question, are we alone? I have done research and know this film could be forensically looked at revealing much much more information that would probably blow our minds, if purchased by the right person, i.e., scientists, physicsts astronomers,ufologist, or even a total sceptic or someone who just wants an answer!!! If you think the price is high for a piece of such important evidence, I think not as it could be the most crucial evidence to date and it took a period of over 12 years of looking to film! and it must also be millions to one at being at the right place at the right time and to have a video camera with us to film the event

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join