It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham footage: £2,000,000 (3.2 million dollars)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.

uh oh.
Looks like the men in black got the video.

I wonder how it's no longer available. Probably he had a breakin and it was stolen to keep it from the masses.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donegal_TDI
OK, own up, come clean, who bought it?

Or did he get a visit from the MIB?

I've been in touch with the seller a few times today and she has kindly relayed comments to and from the owner of the video.

The seller and owner have been reading this thread and seem to have been unhappy, so the item has been removed so the seller can "re-word" it for the owner. I presume that it will reappear at some point.

I got permission earlier today to repost here the responses from the seller and the initial responses were quoted above at this link:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The latest exchanges are below:

Originally posted by 1957newlife
Hi Isaac

I have been contacted by the seller to forward you this message:

Just to let you know we have read the forums and feel the listing should end although some of the comments made me laugh. Chinese lanterns are let off most nights around here so we know them very well. Chinese lanterns do not line up above an oak tree then change places with each other then drop to the floor and shoot off at high speed. Like me I know all of you on your forum would love to see something to make you change your mind, just seconds into watching this film this will completely stun you to what you are seeing! Remember the ir camera allowed me to see through thier bright lights revealing a shape! ir only works a short distance on this camera, when the object dropped down into the field my wife was watching a bright glowing orange light, I was not! I was watching a moving shape full of lights, when you zoom in on a chinese lantern in the sky you are seeing one light source, you dont need a camcorder to confirm this as you can see it with you own eyes,kind regards.

I emailed the following:

Thanks for taking the time to pass on that message, which I assume the seller is happy for me to add to the relevant forum discussion.

I don't want to impose on your time (you have been very patient and generous relating questions and information today), but I'm curious as to why the listing was ended and what the seller plans to do with the footage now. From the description (albeit without any images), I'm fairly skeptical that the footage shows anything Earth-shattering (even if the seller thinks otherwise - this is not uncommon with witnesses that are not necessarily familiar with the causes of UFO reports and the optical characteristics of video cameras which can cause light sources to APPEAR to have certain shapes), but I'd hate to think that some real evidence of something interesting may potentially be overlooked.

In answer to the seller's earlier question, if I had taken the footage then I'd probably seek to obtain some sort of expert view (whether to raise the selling price or simply for my own curiosity) rather than put it on Ebay with a "Buy it now" price of £2 million.

If the seller would like me to try and arrange for someone within the UFO community to view the footage, just let me know (although query whether someone has already seen it, since the listing mentioned that many people think it showed Chinese Lanterns).

All the best,

Isaac

and got this response:

Originally posted by 1957newlife
Issac

It appears that the wording has been taken the wrong way, Where you said that many people think it showed chinese lanterns, this is not the case, and do not remember this wording anywhere within the listing, it was ment in general. If people mention they have spotted bright orange lights, people (in general) always tend to believe they are chinese lanterns. This was not the case, it was meant in general.

This was the reason why he asked me to remove the listing to re-word for him.

If the item does not create any interest, he said he would just keep hold of it. Its a shame that in situations like these that the inocent party is always laughed upon, to look the fool, when in fact, the gentleman I have listed this for, is fairly knowledgable in UFO's and I believe in this man, and have seen the film for myself, am a total believer in the UFO phonomeomn regards.

All the best,

Isaac

edit on 26-7-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

If the footage is that good then surely the best approach would be to show a sample of it, I mean we don't all have a spare 2 million quid in our back pockets.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

I think these guys are up to something.... if they have knowledge of UFOs and it's a subject that interests them, then they should show the footage?

What's with the £2m bollocks?

Who gets (or asks for) £2m for grainy footage of lights?

The whole thing is ridiculous...

And the whole "well if nobody want it it'll be a shame" angle... Please

No it wont, what's a shame is that greedy morons try to rip people off and give ufology a bad name.

It's not about the money, it's about the truth.

Stick your grainy crappy video of lights and camera where the sun don't shine!!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Ok, worth coming out of 'browsing' retirement for this one...

Even if the seller is sincere, which for some reason I doubt, how on earth could they expect someone to pay anything for this footage, let alone circa £2 million?! Any normal person who had THE footage; something which could actually prove there is a phenomena (not necessarily of alien origin either!) would be the most famous person on the planet within days, coupled with a good agent - that £2 million could easily be £20-30 million with appearances, articles and interviews.....not to mention being recorded in history, which is priceless.

Surely any reasonable person, and someone who is supposed to know a bit about such a subject (as acknowledged by the seller), would realise this!?
edit on 26-7-2011 by timb3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'm in for a few $100...

Let me know if it comes back online.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by paratus
I'm in for a few $100...

Really.... well I didn't want to say anything but I have THE smoking gun of all smoking guns sat in a file on my PC.

I can let you have it for.... say a few hundred dollars.

I accept paypal

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by paratus
I'm in for a few $100...

Really.... well I didn't want to say anything but I have THE smoking gun of all smoking guns sat in a file on my PC.

I can let you have it for.... say a few hundred dollars.

I accept paypal

I've an addiction to Ebay and also a fondness for UFO-phenalia..
So this is right up my alley.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

Awwww man, now I wish I DID have something, but I'd just share it for free

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It's obviously Ray Santilli knocking out another of his crappy remakes..

Is there an autopsy too??

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
£2m? Wow. I wonder if anyone would seriously have bought that?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Sucky sucky footage 5 dorrar?

The main problem is that no matter what they've written, they miss the fundamental appeal to any genuine researcher - "proof of alien life". That would up its value, yet they never once claim its proof of aliens or other wordly beings.

Mr Barrister, I think you would be better off emailing ebay and alerting them to a con-man. Anyway, a funny story for the day. That fella just made himself the biggest joke outside of the community

edit on 26-7-2011 by markymint because: Spelling errors

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
For 2 million I would want to meet their leader and be drafted in to help repopulate their female only planet 
Because all the men had died. 

Then And only then would I part with my 2 mill.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

I feel embarrased knowing I live near these people. Did they say a date this occurred on? I'd like to check the weather report.
We get a hell of a lot of police helicopters around here seeing as the headquarters is nearby, so wouldn't rule them out, especially at Rendlesham.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Ok I kinda new and probably being very naive but surely if all that happened there was someone else in the area at the time to also see it! Also why is the guy so insistent that it's not Chinese lanterns it's kinda suspicious! However, if it were a more reasonable price or available to see a sample of I think it could be quite interesting I mean you never know do you! Just my opinion!
Sally
X

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
they should hit up Dan Aykroyd. didnt he supposedly buy up the O'hare ufo footage? either way he's got bags of cash to blow.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

As i said in my Previous comment I am pretty new and unknoedgable about this stuff but surely something that not necessarily proved alien life but showed something unexplained happening is still of interest to people inthis field! I mean forgetting the price for a minute that footage may not show alien life but it may show something that leads us closer to alien life! Even minute evidence is surely worth something! Granted not £2m but hey what do I know!
Sally
X

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willowen4ever

As i said in my Previous comment I am pretty new and unknoedgable about this stuff but surely something that not necessarily proved alien life but showed something unexplained happening is still of interest to people inthis field! I mean forgetting the price for a minute that footage may not show alien life but it may show something that leads us closer to alien life! Even minute evidence is surely worth something! Granted not £2m but hey what do I know!
Sally
X

You're the person who tried to sell that video on ebay aren't you.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
At first I wasn't interested at all in this story.
Judging the book by it's cover I thought it would just be another ebay curiosity (which it certainly is).
I got nosey because it wouldn't just move off the first page and got so many replies.

After reading the thread I have to admit I would probably buy it if I would be filthy rich.
If it is not what is claimed I would just pay some criminals (the lawyer type) to get me my money back.

On a more serious note, if the footage is that good, why not just selling it to a newspaper?
I'm confident that he would easily get a lot more for something of that magnitude.

edit on 26-7-2011 by derpif because: it must

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Willowen4ever

Sure, but it sounds like every other Chinese lantern video, and no, I wouldn't even be curious about that. "Orange glowing lights" - if you really want to deny ignorance - should be specifically ignored. Orange glowing lights that are part of an obvious larger structure definitely warrant investigation, but not JUST glowing, slowly moving lights. If this video really exists I'm sure it goes something like this:

Darkness, camera person can barely hold camera still. Wobbly footage of tiny glowing dots within pitch black surroundings. Guy tries to zoom in, keeps camera on auto-focus, spending too much time shouting at his family about what he's trying to record. Orbs of light grow because focus whilst zooming in is set to auto, yet believes this defect is actually showing proof of something. Shaky footage, can't hold camera steady, after all, no mention of a tripod being used.

Others have said the same thing: If it's really that great a sighting, someone else probably would have seen it. If we can get a date we may be able to find reports of it (and bear in mind they would need to have been written well in advance of today to be eligible). If it's really footage captured from a beauty spot then others in the vicinity should have seen it.

Furthermore the ebay users instructions of "I don't want the attention" and handing all the methods of contact over to a friend is - in my mind - fraud. If I sell something on ebay, I'm the one expected to deal with that. He's asking you to contact his friend, but pay HIM the money. Fraud fraud internet f****ng fraud.

So yes, the video itself may warrant taking a look - despite knowing already what it's going to contain - but certainly not for anything more than 1 penny.

It's just a get rich quick scam, pure and simple - and sadly his actions have already convinced too many people that the video "may hold vital clues to the truth", which I assure you - it doesn't. IR video footage is your closest bet at getting a glimpse at the truth, not this!

edit on 26-7-2011 by markymint because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join